Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something DAZZLING! BLOG'S UP!!!

Comments

• Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited January 2014
    That's a hot fiery furnace on the right. Or a fireplace. And a Geisha throwing a great glowing orange fire ball into the air while playing a mandolin. Or dancing. Or not. Maybe she's creating colorful perfumed globes for throwing? Or not.

Tea would be nice. Chamomile.
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited January 2014
    dizzydee wrote:
    That's a hot fiery furnace on the right. Or a fireplace. And a Geisha throwing a great glowing orange fire ball into the air while playing a mandolin. Or dancing. Or not. Maybe she's creating colorful perfumed globes for throwing? Or not.

where's my like button ? wait found it *LIKE* :thumbup:
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,619 Member
    edited January 2014
    rumbutter wrote:
    japanese tea room with the different flavoured teas momo oolong , green tea,jasmine

Would be a dream come true rummy! :wink:
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karritz wrote:
    Flower_Household_SG001.jpg"width=550"

Just because I'm at home and momentarily bored - I thought I'd show one of my own images with Photoshop Stained Glass Texture applied to it.

WARNING: This has NOTHING to do with the hint other than a demonstration of what the Stained Glass Texture does to a picture - just in case anyone doesn't know about the texture and what it can do.

EDIT: And so you don't get worried about what it is a picture of. It is a garden with flowers and trees and you can see the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 caravan and the Faye Rae Arboretum as well as at least 2 Sims.

^^^
    And here's a comparison of how a clear photo looks then turned stain glass:

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg
    Thumbnail_688x3362_zps6d709ab0.png

PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    rumbutter wrote:
    japanese tea room with the different flavoured teas momo oolong , green tea,jasmine

*HUlKHUGS* :D

you bet it would :mrgreen: and my having a willow pattern tea set :mrgreen:

p.s. the net was off most of the day and part yesterday :evil:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Wasn't sure if anyone blurred this photo yet, so here:

4h8aki_zps5072a251.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    rumbutter wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:
    rumbutter wrote:

*HUlKHUGS* :D

you bet it would :mrgreen: and my having a willow pattern tea set :mrgreen:

p.s. the net was off most of the day and part yesterday :evil:

*teddybearhugs*
    I hope it is rummy, really do!

P.S Darn net! :evil: *hugs*
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Oh! Willow pattern tea set... Thank you for telling me :wink:
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited January 2014
    BeCSa4PCMAEYrQF.jpg
    My Son downsized the image to 200x150 pixels and he thinks it looks like a Japanese lady Samurai. He thinks she is side on with her arms waist level like she is reaching for a sword.

The 'dazzling' could be the blades, and the 'sniff' could be the oils and salts used to treat their blades and handles...

b1ea096a305c4b83ea30bb9ead1860d4.jpg
    dizzydee wrote:

Hello dizzydee :) My Son thought like you, that it looked like a furnace for smelting iron and steel to make the Samurai swords :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Goodywood wrote:

D'OH :oops:

i'm loveing the ideas people are coming up with
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    rumbutter wrote:
    Goodywood wrote:

D'OH :oops:

i'm loveing the ideas people are coming up with

LOL! :mrgreen:

I don't see the sim in the photo at all. Only thing I see is 3 boxes on a table. With something blue, yellow, and pink in them.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited January 2014
    This was posted 4 hours ago. Maybe this does have something to do with glass blowing.

Kat Baker ‏@CTNutmegger 5h
    @SimGuruTatertot @SimGuruCopeland Did anyone ever tell you that you fail at hints?
    Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand

Alan Copeland ‏@SimGuruCopeland 4h
    @CTNutmegger @SimGuruTatertot But what if stained glass WAS the hint?

Ah ha! See! The pattern of the image is supposed to look like stained glass! I knew I could see stained glass windows in the background!!!

I see glass-blowing in the pic. It looks to me like a blond woman with a black dress and white apron standing behind a counter or table. The yellowish thing we thought was a light is the glass, being blown through a stick-thing that the sim is holding. The two columns of 'light' on the right are the kiln.

studio_blowing1.jpg"width=500

In the background it looks like, maybe three, two story stained glass windows, with a balcony running horizontally in front. Maybe some columns. Something like a church, but I don't think the venue will be a church. More likely an artisan workshop.

In the foreground there are three boxes of what I guess is coloured glass, and there is something like a basket on the floor too. I assume ALL this is the premium object, it must be large like the seed sorting thingie that came with the greenhouse. The grey colour in the centre of the picture plane is the same colour as the boxes in the foreground, so I think they are more boxes, part of the premium object, or another of the same object placed in the opposite direction.

Not sure what the dark green lump on the left is.

Glass.jpg"width=700

The more I think about it, the more I'm sure it's right! It fits in with the hints so well, dazzle, stained glass, facet, etc.

People have been requesting both stained glass windows and glass-blowing. Including me, quite persistently. :oops:
    AmaraRena wrote:
    OH MAH STARS!!! Are we FINALLY getting stained glass windows???? I would be the happiest Simmer EVAR!!!!

*High fives*

And, well, look at the picture!!! This one seems really clear to me! :D

The only thing I can't make sense of is the buzz, whiff, hints. Hmmmm.... I'm still thinking there will be flower arranging too.

OH OH OH! What if we can make the (plural of) vase for the flowers!? So... OH OH OH! Maybe you get an interaction where you choose the vase you want to make, and you choose the flowers to put in it? So it's like a combo glass-blowing/flower arranging object!?!?

SQQQQQQQQQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Ok... I'm going away to calm down.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    FlashygrrlFlashygrrl Posts: 634 Member
    edited January 2014
    Uhhhhh....maybe we can play on paint covered drums like the blue man group and splatter it everywhere? And the person to the side...well, I don't know what they're doing.

Yup, I'm going insane.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,452 Member
    edited January 2014
    I hope we'll get another picture today or tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Flashygrrl wrote:
    Yup, I'm going insane.

Me too. >_<
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited January 2014
    I see an interior with a square archway in the background. Behind the archway is stained glass windows. In front of the archway, to the left, is a big green plant. There is a sofa in the middle of the room, and a coffetable in the front. On the right side, there is a fireplace, and in the foreground, a side table with a big statue or a lamp shaped like a cat. The only shape I see clearly is the cat... mabye because I'm such a crazy cat person :lol:

I hope there is a tea set on the table, or that the cat actually is a sim blowing glass!

Edit: I really hope it is a jewelry/glass-blowing and/or flower-making station!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited January 2014
    What if the subject of the picture is irrelevant?

What if it was just supposed to be a stained glass effect to make us work that part out to add stained glass to the words we already had? (I forget what they are now - probably facet, whiff, dazzling, ???, stained glass)
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited January 2014
    Goodywood wrote:
    Wasn't sure if anyone blurred this photo yet, so here:

4h8aki_zps5072a251.jpg

Now this one is the most clearest I have ever seen and i think it's the flower shop/jewelry boutique <clothing, perfume> or a runway stage and lastly a romantic setting of any sort :shock: :)
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,144 Member
    edited January 2014
    I hope you are right Cinderelli, glass blowing would be awesome :).

e//nevermind, there was already picture....
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I think a catwalk can pretty much be ruled out as I now don't see one in the second pic.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Krisha880 wrote:
    I see an interior with a square archway in the background. Behind the archway is stained glass windows. In front of the archway, to the left, is a big green plant. There is a sofa in the middle of the room, and a coffetable in the front. On the right side, there is a fireplace, and in the foreground, a side table with a big statue or a lamp shaped like a cat. The only shape I see clearly is the cat... mabye because I'm such a crazy cat person :lol:

I hope there is a tea set on the table, or that the cat actually is a sim blowing glass!

Or glass blowing AND flower arranging? In one of the images it looks like the green blob might be buckets of flowers. I'm hoping so anyway!
    Karritz wrote:
    What if the subject of the picture is irrelevant?

What if it was just supposed to be a stained glass effect to make us work that part out to add stained glass to the words we already had? (I forget what they are now - probably facet, whiff, dazzling, ???, stained glass)

I think the original stained glass effect picture was indeed a clue! But now, they are genuinely revealing the image underneath, gradually. I'm pretty certain the picture is showing the new content.

Jadeleine :thumbup:

Cat, I don't see a catwalk, although I would love to have that feature for TS3!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited January 2014
    Well I have to sleep now. Then work tomorrow. So next time I can spend a few hours in front of the computer I expect it will all be solved. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Karr

I hope your right and we get info on what it is soon.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited January 2014
    Krisha880 wrote:

Or glass blowing AND flower arranging?

It could be a venue with stained glass windows, and the Premium Content is a jewelry making, glassblowing and flower arranging station:D But I still wonder about that big cat...
  • Options
    kburns421kburns421 Posts: 140 New Member
    edited January 2014
    Ahhh I didn't check for like a day and suddenly there's a new picture and a million posts to catch up on! I have to say though, the picture was rather disappointing -_-
    Whatever is on the table, with the blue/yellow/pink in it, seems so abstract in shape now. It looks more like a winding dragon than boxes, now.

I totally see what you're saying, but I think it might be an illusion from the stained glass effect on the picture.
    Looks like a work bench brown chair in front of it. 3 boxes with primary colors makes me think something creative.

I think jewelry making still might be a possibility, for some reason I think stain glass painting (just cause of the 3 rectangles look like windows a bit), or flower arranging. Or a clothing shop/boutique if those three colors items are piles of clothes.

But since it looks so dark I am thrown off if you are skill making something you wouldn't do it is such a dark place.

Since they confirmed stained glass, maybe our sims will be able to create the stained glass windows themselves? My first thought with the newer picture was also that it looks like a workshop (in the other one I couldn't see a workshop) but that it also looks really dark in both a literal lack-of-lighting way and a design/decoration kind of way.

I see a table in the foreground with three boxes, a table/desk to the right against a wall, possibly with a sim facing us (I see a head, hair, and two arms that look like they're arranging or making something at the table). I think those two yellow things could be decorative candles. I don't see a kiln or furnace.
    Krisha880 wrote:

Or glass blowing AND flower arranging? In one of the images it looks like the green blob might be buckets of flowers. I'm hoping so anyway!

I'm finally starting to agree with this. Then again, the dazzling clues might've just been about the stained glass windows coming with the venue, not the premium content. And then maybe the sniff and whiff clues applied to the premium content which could be flower arranging or maybe even the tea idea. I don't drink tea, but I'm guessing they have different scents?