Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do creators want credit for patterns from exchange in builds?

bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
Hi,

Have a question for all the creators out here. I don't make CAP, got enuff going on with building and playing. However, I do use CAP from exchange. Most of it is used just in my games. I have used some in one of my builds I posted to exchange. I did not credit creator as I don't remember who made it. There was an issue on another thread where someone complained that someone else used her creation and didn't credit her with it. Turns out her creation was a recolor from an EA pattern, so wasn't really a creation.

I really enjoy having more patterns to use so download things I really like. I guess my question is: If I use your original pattern (not a recolor of an EA pattern)in a build or on a sim I post to the exchange do you want or expect credit? Once patterns are in my CAS they just have the symbol but not the name of who created. I don't keep them in my favorites once I've downloaded them so I really have no way of knowing unless I only download from one or two people. The last build I posted I took all the exchange patterns out and only used EA patterns as I understand some members won't download if CAP is used.

Appreciate any input as I would prefer to give credit if I should or just take it all out so no one gets hurt or upset. I haven't done a lot of builds at this point, but have several in works.

Comments

• Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited December 2013
    Yes. If you use any kind of CC please give the creator credit, or, if you can't remember who created it, at least say where you got it from.
  • Options
    lenieceleniece Posts: 869 Member
    edited March 2014
    :) Hi. You can use any of my patterns anywhere or any way without giving me credit. They are free and have no copyright. Check out my studio. Have posted several green patterns for march on the exchange.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy. Have Fun :D