Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Art Deco Apartment with Balcony :)

Art Deco Apartment with Balcony :)
This build was a joint effort from my Son and I :)

Description:
Cc free. Posh, spacious art deco apartment with gorgeous views created for Roaring Heights. 2 levels plus garden balcony, 2 bedrooms, bathroom, study, kitchen, 2 living areas. lobby, 2 NPC doors. All apliances upgraded to fireproof and unbreakable. Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7843040

screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
rnKEhBT.png

Comments

• Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited December 2013
    Looks good! Great job.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    edited December 2013
    Really nice! By the way, I think you might have posted in the wrong thread. This is the store discussion. :)
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow! This is a really nice build! Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited December 2013
    Really nice build! You & your son make a great team! :mrgreen:

I am going to save this for when I can get the World.
    I was hoping they release it retail, faster than usual, -for the holidays would be a good idea. But I have a feeling they are going to wait til next year.

Anyway, I am sorry to ask such a dumb question, but WHERE are the outdoor furniture sofas from? For some reason I can't recognize them.
    (feeling really dumb right about now. :lol: :?:

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    wrightrnwrightrn Posts: 284 Member
    edited December 2013
    Great build Kate. This is going to look amazing in Roaring Heights.
  • Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited December 2013
    Super nice! :thumbup: Thank you so much for sharing, Kate! Hugz to both you and your son.
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow Kate, it looks beautiful. :D
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited December 2013
    Beautiful! Are those recolored walls in the store or are they cc? They are very striking...would love to have them to put in other houses.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    edited December 2013
    Looks good Kate.

I was looking at that building a few days ago and trying to work out how to make something with it. That's as far as I got though and I still haven't decided if I'll try to do anything with it or not yet. (There are just so many possibilities with this game.)

I see you and your son have actually done it. Congratulations.
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited December 2013
    Awesome build :mrgreen: :thumbup:, Rec and DL
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited December 2013
    Awesome build :mrgreen: :thumbup:, Rec and DL
    Thank you Dragon - enjoy! :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2013
    Some of that content looks more like the 60/70's especially the kitchen, hot tub and stereo. But great job of an art deco modernized. Back in those days if there was even a roof rec area - it would be filled with potted and hanging cooking herbs, maybe have an area for afternoon tea (iron table set) as well as a quiet spot to read a book, and very rarely an area where the more elite types might do some sunbathing. There might be an area for carrier pigeon raising even.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Some of that content looks more like the 60/70's especially the kitchen, hot tub and stereo. But great job of an art deco modernized. Back in those days if there was even a roof rec area - it would be filled with potted and hanging cooking herbs, maybe have an area for afternoon tea (iron table set) as well as a quiet spot to read a book, and very rarely an area where the more elite types might do some sunbathing. There might be an area for carrier pigeon raising even.
    Hello Writin_Reg :)
    I modelled this apartment on a Napier [Hawkes Bay where I live] Art Deco home, it is a more modern style, 1960's era, but I like it :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    samiam662 wrote:
    Super nice! :thumbup: Thank you so much for sharing, Kate! Hugz to both you and your son.
    Thank you Sam :) I love the colours my Son has used in this apartment :)
    wrightrn wrote:
    Great build Kate. This is going to look amazing in Roaring Heights.
    Hello wrightrn, I am looking forward to the release of RH... Not too long to wait now :D
    tamalinn wrote:
    Wow! This is a really nice build! Thanks for sharing!
    You are welcome. Thank you tamalinn - enjoy :)
    Looks good! Great job.
    Thank you Solstice for your positive feedback :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Karritz wrote:
    Looks good Kate.

I was looking at that building a few days ago and trying to work out how to make something with it. That's as far as I got though and I still haven't decided if I'll try to do anything with it or not yet. (There are just so many possibilities with this game.)
    I see you and your son have actually done it. Congratulations.
    Thank you for your kind comments Karritz, my Son and I appreciate all feedback :) I wanted to create an apartment that uses stairs instead of elevators [for simmers who do not like to use the elevators] but none of the LN shells are compatible with this. I plan to fully edit a RH highrise and add a stairwell like American apartments have :)

bshag4lv wrote:
    Beautiful! Are those recolored walls in the store or are they cc? They are very striking...would love to have them to put in other houses.
    Hello bshag4lv :) I do not use cc :) I think the wall sets used inside the apartment are from a set, I will check for you :)
    Wow Kate, it looks beautiful. :D
    Thank you alexspoom, I am pleased that you like it :) I thought I would create some Art Deco Apartments for RH for simmers who are getting RH, but do not have the time to create their own :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Really nice build! You & your son make a great team! :mrgreen:

I am going to save this for when I can get the World.
    I was hoping they release it retail, faster than usual, -for the holidays would be a good idea. But I have a feeling they are going to wait til next year.

Anyway, I am sorry to ask such a dumb question, but WHERE are the outdoor furniture sofas from? For some reason I can't recognize them.
    (feeling really dumb right about now. :lol: :?:

Thanks for sharing!
    Hello SimplySimazing :)
    I cannot remember off hand what furniture I used for the balcony, I will check for you :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited December 2013
    It's beautiful!! I really love the colours you've used.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    GreenCats wrote:
    It's beautiful!! I really love the colours you've used.
    Thank you GreenCats :) My Son choose the colour scheme :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    edited December 2013
    Your apartment build looks very nice. :) Very nice garden balcony area. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub there . It looks nice how you have set up the seats there. The way you have placed the plants look very nice. Sims will have great views of the town from there! Nice furnishing of the interior. The shade of blue that you used in the master bedroom looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the portrait framed pictures on the wall behind the bed. The way you have done the curtains in the various rooms looks nice and will suit the Roaring Heights era. The flowers on the dresser are nice for sims to see when in their bedroom. Nice shade of green that you have used in the other bedroom. The floral mat in the study /library looks nice and the plum coloured curtains there look nice. Great layout of the living, dining and kitchen area. The design of it looks good! The bar counter looks great and nice way you have enclosed the kitchen cooking/fridge area using the walls. It is a nice home! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Your apartment build looks very nice. :) Very nice garden balcony area. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub there . It looks nice how you have set up the seats there. The way you have placed the plants look very nice. Sims will have great views of the town from there! Nice furnishing of the interior. The shade of blue that you used in the master bedroom looks nice. It looks nice how you have placed the portrait framed pictures on the wall behind the bed. The way you have done the curtains in the various rooms looks nice and will suit the Roaring Heights era. The flowers on the dresser are nice for sims to see when in their bedroom. Nice shade of green that you have used in the other bedroom. The floral mat in the study /library looks nice and the plum coloured curtains there look nice. Great layout of the living, dining and kitchen area. The design of it looks good! The bar counter looks great and nice way you have enclosed the kitchen cooking/fridge area using the walls. It is a nice home! :)

Hello Rose :) The views are fabulous from the highrises, that is why I love them. The city looks gorgeous at night with all the bright lights :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi Kate, OMG I love it. The views you can get with this will be so nice. I love the colors you used, and the garden and hot tub everything is perfect Kate. Runs off to download this. Rec'd as well. Hugs! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, Kate & son, for another great highrise for me to recommend and download! This is awesome!

I also have to say, I liked the trick where you overlapped the curtain from SLT with the other curtains in the bedrooms. That is a really nice idea I must steal from you! :)
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, Kate & son, for another great highrise for me to recommend and download! This is awesome!

I also have to say, I liked the trick where you overlapped the curtain from SLT with the other curtains in the bedrooms. That is a really nice idea I must steal from you! :)

:shock: I was wondering how those curtains were done! Love it!!

Thank you for this beautiful apartment build...and for inspiring me to stop being lazy and decorate my houses with curtains :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    htairchix3 wrote:
    Hi Kate, OMG I love it. The views you can get with this will be so nice. I love the colors you used, and the garden and hot tub everything is perfect Kate. Runs off to download this. Rec'd as well. Hugs! :mrgreen:
    Hello htairchix :) My Son and I are so happy that our fellow simmers like this build. Have fun using it :)
    DCExplorer wrote:

:shock: I was wondering how those curtains were done! Love it!!

Thank you for this beautiful apartment build...and for inspiring me to stop being lazy and decorate my houses with curtains :lol:

Thank you Mistletoe and DCExplorer :) Overlapping the curtains was my Sons idea - he is so clever with things like this! :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    TisSaturdayAllTisSaturdayAll Posts: 109 New Member
    edited December 2013
    I love the colors you both used and your son's idea of overlapping the curtains. It looks great.