Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CREEPY and Weird Glitch

So I went in CAS and every time I randomize a sim, something weird happens. They have either really small heads, odd muscles or are WAY too tall. I'll post some screenshots. And each sim like their shoes do this weird tapping thing..creepy. :shock: Please help me fix this bug! I assume it's from bad CC, but I haven't installed anything new recently!

screenshot_original.jpg

This one's slider was randomized to the highest weight setting. :shock:
screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

This one :shock:
screenshot_original.jpg

I'm scared. This is very creepy. :shock: I just exited my game. Any solutions?

Comments

• Options
    HorseLoverXOHorseLoverXO Posts: 145
    edited October 2013
    Bump.
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    edited October 2013
    Wow, that is creepy! My guess is some bad CC or some weird side effect from a mod? If you don't have either CC or mods though, then I have no idea. Hope someone else can help, if that's the case!
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2013
    gosh i remember one person having this same problem - sorry i just cant remember if the problem was ever figured out and fixed

i could help you run though the options since honestly this could be either game data corruption, programing corruption or video card issue

first have you tested in a new game?

• Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited October 2013
    LOL

I'm sorry to report, I actually LIKE those Sims. I like odd looking Sims. I'm tired of all the Sims being rich and good looking and stuff like that. I want poor, ugly Sims...LOL

Are these Sims playable? Maybe they just look like that in create a Sim. I ask 'cause everytime I create a genie, the skin tone looks off but it looks fine in play mode.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @ceejay402

I just looked through my CC. I have this one called new cas project with a picture of one of the small heads with creepy pigtails. I don't remember installing it but I'll get rid of it, and hopefully it'll fix this. :shock:

@Chimark

I'm too scared to even look at them! :lol:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The CC I saw last night isn't in my launcher. : :?
    I do have one "new cas project" but it's one of my favorite CC hairs, and I've been using for months with no problem. Any other solutions?
  • Options
    angiebabe1859angiebabe1859 Posts: 199 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Do you have custom sliders installed? If so, then it's not a glitch, it's just randomizing the sliders, which can look weird.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Do you have custom sliders installed? If so, then it's not a glitch, it's just randomizing the sliders, which can look weird.

No. I don't have any sliders except the EA ones, and I don't have any mods. I found another thread with someone having the same problem earlier this year, but it wasn't resolved.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Then it most likely is bad cc. Do you have any of these items in your game? If so, they need to go, and anything you downloaded off the exchange containing cc should go too. http://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Then it most likely is bad cc. Do you have any of these items in your game? If so, they need to go, and anything you downloaded off the exchange containing cc should go too. http://sims3.crinrict.com/badcc/en/BadCC_Clothing.html

I have nothing on that list. :?
    Thanks for the help, though.
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited October 2013
    Is it only me that finds this quite funny? This is quite a funny glitch. I mean, to look at those sims, they look pretty darn ridiculously funny! XD

Although i can see where it can get really infuriating when you just want to make a normal sim!

I think it's all to do with bad CC. You should go through your launcher and delete unwanted CC or CC you don't recognize. It's best to be careful what CC you are downloading.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited October 2013

I have nothing on that list. :?
    Thanks for the help, though.

the list isnt definitive

so to confirm if its bad cc - turn off at launcher CC pull mods folder if you have one clean cache files and then launch a test dont save the game during test or your CC items will be replaced

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files
  • Options
    JamieleighFoxJamieleighFox Posts: 266 Member
    edited October 2013
    This is what I managed to pull off:

headshot_original.jpg
    everyday_original.jpg
  • Options
    Eden777Eden777 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited October 2013
    This is what I managed to pull off:

headshot_original.jpg
    everyday_original.jpg
    Is that a member of Congress? (sorry, I couldn't resist)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @ceejay402

OK, I'll try running without CC.

@JamieleighFox

:shock:
  • Options
    TheSubstanceTheSubstance Posts: 40 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Ugh the same thing happens to me. One happened where a girls breasts were HUGE and pointed upwards while she was really short. I do have some CC but not much, it may be what's causing the problem.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    It's not a CC problem. I'm still getting abnormally tall sims while running without CC.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited October 2013
    I had the same thing happen and it was very likely CC-related. I had to do a clean re-install to solve it completely.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I'm running without CC and I have a sim with a HUGE head. But the dress she's wearing looks like CC. So I tried clicking clothing to see but whenever I click clothing, personality, hair etc it doesn't pop up anything. :?
    I'm getting kind of frustrated now. It's not CC. So I don't know what else it could be.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    This is running my game without CC. I'm unable to click hair/personality or anything to change her clothes or features.

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    morgzlovesyoumorgzlovesyou Posts: 19
    edited October 2013
    I had this same problem as well! Thank you ceejay402 for that list! I had a lot of those items. Now my game is functioning normally :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I clicked run without CC but CC items are still showing up in my game. However I can now change clothes and hair and stuff.
  • Options
    StellaTorontoStellaToronto Posts: 2,123 Member
    edited October 2013
    Looking at your pictures......it appears custom sliders are involved.
    You haven't noticed any additional sliders in CAS??
    How do you install your CC? Sims3pac or Mod folder with packages?
    Any Sim you download & install with a Sims3pac can have hidden unwanted extras attached to it.
    Uninstalling things through launcher doesn't always remove offending items completely.
    You'll also have to remove the associated DCCashe file.
    This link explains removal of CC.
    If you generating a new Sims3 document folder you'll know for sure if it's you games program file or problem CC.
    Crinrict's bad CC thread explains how to do this.

stellatorontosims.tumblr.com
  • Options
    TheSubstanceTheSubstance Posts: 40 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Here is three of many pictures I have.
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

All their voices were man voices... :shock:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Any Sim you download & install with a Sims3pac can have hidden unwanted extras attached to it.

I'm pretty sure this is the root of your problem. Where are getting your cc from? From downloading sims packed with cc attached to them? If so, then that is where the bad cc is coming from. That list I gave you is the list of known bad cc out there, but like ceejay said, it's not definitive. If you download a sim or a lot that contain extra cc attached to it, even if that cc is not bad, it can turn corrupt when you run it through the launcher. That includes sims3pack file sims that were built with custom sliders.

What you need to do is just remove all your cc and start over. Uninstalling things probably won't work, so you'll just have to delete everything in your DCCache folder and DCBackup folder. Just follow the instructions on the links that Stella gave. And for future reference, only download from trusted creators and websites, that way you can avoid bad cc problems.