Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's face it

To those of you who are screaming about not buying the game because of CaSt, the graphics, or some of the new gameplay elements. Face the facts, regardless of if these features are changed or improved (CaSt not very likely, graphics definitely to an extent) or if they are not, 90% of you who are saying that you aren't going to buy the game will end up buying the game. I can guarantee you this.

So yes, make some noise about things you don't like, but don't keep repeating "I'm not going to buy the game until x happens" because in the case of the majority of you, it is a lie.
q6goV2s.png
Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!

Comments

• Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited August 2013
    You can be 100% correct but it will not stop or slow down complaints and those 'lines' I find it all the same in every gaming forum I have ever been on. I have tried so many times saving people from grey hairs but in the end it's futile : /

The best I can do or try is: try to sympathize, try to meet half way and try to show understanding on both sides when I am on one side or in the middle and that usually turns out the best. And sometimes I walk away when I had enough and come back later which helps when I feel overwhelmed with negativity :)
  • Options
    emiie10emiie10 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited August 2013
    I feel the same.

It's always the same threads about this or that. It's getting boring.
    Personally I've been looking forward to TS4 since it was announced. I've even pre-ordered it. The graphics have definitely improved, what I know about the gameplay, CAS and build/buy. I've liked it. I can't wait to find out more from the LB.

This forum is soooooo negative right now, I've been trying to ignore it. It's just want want want. No gratitude for anything. Sure they've taken some things out, CASt was laggy if you had a couple hundred themes to load, the producers even said it. People need to remember they're not game developers, they don't know about it (yes, some might) but the majority of us won't.

Just for the sake of some people's sanity, since apparently they won't ever get the game without CASt, I hope Maxis/EA can somehow put a version of CASt in. Or even a colour wheel.

If I remember correctly, didn't everyone complain about 3? Calling the sims ugly (4 is a HUGE improvement, even if they're still working on hair textures, another thing people seemed to forget & that the game is STILL being developed...) the way some people got on you'd think the game was being released tomorrow -.-

I can understand where people are coming from, we all have our own opinions. But to consistly make thread after thread about the same thing is quickly coming boring. I don't want to see the same thing everyday day or every other day when I come on here.

• Options
    FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    edited August 2013
    The best I can do or try is: try to sympathize, try to meet half way and try to show understanding on both sides when I am on one side or in the middle and that usually turns out the best. And sometimes I walk away when I had enough and come back later which helps when I feel overwhelmed with negativity :)

Yeah. I just find it silly how much negativity is on a forum for a video game though.
    All of my other forums (non-sims related) have been just as negative lately and it's stressing me out. I just wish the majority of front page threads at any given moment weren't those hater threads with 10+ pages.
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • Options
    Sims3GammerSims3Gammer Posts: 56 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I think, in my opinion, that people should critique, or point out the things that they don't like, because it will give EA/Maxis the chance to get feedback from the fans and make the game better.

So yeah I do agree with you that they will probably wind up buying the game, but I think they're just saying that so their opinion gets heard by EA and Maxis.
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2013
    I will say, however, that 99% of those people who buy the game anyway absolutely will not recommend the game to anyone and will only sing of its negative aspects.

Which in it of itself is a consequence.

While SimCity wasn't a failure by any means, it was FAR from the success it could have been had there been the support of its community.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2013
    It's really impossible to say X% of people will or won't buy the game. I was completely ready to buy the new SimCity -- after all, I loved the series and had bought almost every version -- until I saw an official demo at a gaming convention and got to talk to an EA representative. The always online requirement sealed the deal for me and I didn't buy it (didn't steal it either!).

I wanted to like it, but I didn't. Same with TS4. I LOVE the Sims series, and I play TS2 and TS3 more than any other games. Unless the positive things about 4 outweigh the negatives I've seen so far, I won't buy it. Don't know what's wrong in saying that. EA has lots of months to hopefully convince me and make me a buying customer.
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    edited August 2013
    You're most likely right! But then you have those of us who are like "meh" about it. There are things about the sims 4, as of now, that don't appeal to me, but I maybe will buy it after it comes out and I see what the real gameplay ends up being like. But as a customer, I am very hard to convince so we will see. I had just gotten my last expansion for sims 2 when sims 3 came along so it took me a long time before I latched on, haha. And I won't be standing in line to get sims 4.

I do wish it welcome though, even though I am a bit negative of what I've seen so far.
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited August 2013
    FosoSam wrote:
    To those of you who are screaming about not buying the game because of CaSt, the graphics, or some of the new gameplay elements. Face the facts, regardless of if these features are changed or improved (CaSt not very likely, graphics definitely to an extent) or if they are not, 90% of you who are saying that you aren't going to buy the game will end up buying the game. I can guarantee you this.

So yes, make some noise about things you don't like, but don't keep repeating "I'm not going to buy the game until x happens" because in the case of the majority of you, it is a lie.
    ha ha ha you obviously don't know me with money then.
    I don't buy what I don't like.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited August 2013
    FosoSam wrote:

Finally someone who thinks like I do
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited August 2013
    Out of curiosity, I just looked up the simcity rating on metacritic (user rating), and it is still just 2.0. They didn't listen to the consumer base, and didn't have enough servers available in the beginning, and it sank, although perhaps it did or didn't deserve to sink. But it could have flown so much better if they had listened to what the people REALLY wanted.

Perhaps EA needs to listen NOW before the next sims sinks and fails. Frankly, the best one of all time in my humble opinion is STILL sims 2.
  • Options
    anmllvr234anmllvr234 Posts: 577
    edited August 2013
    I usually buy most sim games. But sell it back on ebay if i dont like it, its a great way to get your money back if you cant get a refund
  • Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited August 2013
    People are starting petitions... and they don't even know much about the game yet... I mean come on. This entire forum is getting silly now. Some of the ideas are stupid and some of the posts are also... sad really.
  • Options
    StarunaStaruna Posts: 417 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Where is the proof that those who don't like what we've so far are going to end up buying it?

Kind of weird statement to make without facts. The sales will let you know if your theory is true or not. I for one, play A LOT of games to keep me entertained. If I continue to be disappointed by TS4, it will be easy to skip it or just try it when it's dirt cheap in a couple of years.

If the forums are negative, it's because consumers, who spend their hard earned money on the game, have concerns or deal breakers about the next generation. EA should be happy to have feedback beforehand, instead of releasing something a lot of people don't like, thus losing money. I'm glad everyone is being loud so that maybe they'll pay attention. If they were doing things right (like listening to everyone about CAST), there wouldn't be so much negativity!

But by your logic, everyone should just shut up and be grateful that a game they like isn't going in a direction that they like- despite the fact that they spend their hard earned money on it. It's not like the sims is free and we should be sooo grateful to love everything EA does. :roll:
  • Options
    EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    edited August 2013
    SuRihtanil wrote:
    People are starting petitions... and they don't even know much about the game yet... I mean come on. This entire forum is getting silly now. Some of the ideas are stupid and some of the posts are also... sad really.

I agree with this. Guys, don't knock it till you try it. It comes out next year. So either buy it and try it out, or look at a review of it next year or something. We can only hope for the best :)
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited August 2013
    FosoSam wrote:

I despise the graphics. There's no way I'm shelling out $500+ for this series -- $59 for the base game, plus eleventy million expansions and stuff packs that will cost from $20 to $39 each for a game I can't stand the look of. Not happening.

So, you're wrong.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2013
    But but but but.... I AM not going to buy it if I don't like it. Why would I?
    It's too early yet to say I'm definitely not going to buy it, but games I don't like I don't buy.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2013
    FosoSam wrote:

You would be wrong. I didn't buy any EPs for TS3. Since when I purchased TS3 I wasn't thrilled with the basegame. Once I played TS3 (because I did want it) I stopped. I was 'given' a present of LN..and tried it...stopped playing again. I didn't want to hurt my relatives feelings by telling them I hadn't tried it.

I can tell you now, if 'I' feel TS4 is a crossover game style between sandbox, casual, MMO, FB, browser game..I will not be buying it.

I can still play TS2 or even TS3 for that matter and still have fun doing what I do in my games. I will not feel left out, just becaue a game series continues doesn't mean I buy everything they churn out. Heck I loved LOTRBFE, hated the next generations..never invested one dime in them...never even tried the FTP versions...never got many sequels to many type games I loved, once I knew the nitty gritty, and I won't change just because it has 'The Sims' on the label. If it's something I don't want, then no, I want buy it just because it says 'Sims' on it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well, you're right and you're wrong at the same time. Pointing out the vibe of the forum is probably necessary. There are many negative threads, much critique and disappointment and I'll be the first to admit being pretty vocal about the no-CASt thing. Too much whining is never good :P After all, the game is still in development, we haven't tried it, EA might still surprise us... but it's precisely because it's still in development that I believe current players should voice their opinions, praises and worries to help the developers see which direction their customers would like to see the Sims 4 games take.

As for people buying the game, well, that's difficult to predict. Overall, I love this franchise and wish it nothing but the best :) Hopefully, EA will deliver.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited August 2013
    Let's face it, some people love to make assumptions about other people's intentions :roll:
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2013
    anmllvr234 wrote:
    I usually buy most sim games. But sell it back on ebay if i dont like it, its a great way to get your money back if you cant get a refund

That's what I did with The Sims Medieval. Boy, I wanted to like that game so much! But I didn't.
  • Options
    HannoieHannoie Posts: 752 Member
    edited August 2013
    You can do something right a thousand times... (i.e. Shut up and move on to another thread)

But the thousand and first... (i.e. What I now will write):

There is two kinds of people on this TS4 forum: The haters, and those who hate the haters.

And I'm sick and tired of it. If you just wanna go around hate things, go somewhere people can't see you. If you hate the looks of TS4, well then congratulations, we got you message. I know, you know, my sister knows, my neighbors know, and EA most definitely know. You hate the haters? Poor you, there can't be too many people left for you to actually like, since this entire forum is overflowing with haters.

And don't call me a hater know or anything. I hate nothing and nobody, BUT I can get really mad when there's nothing but negativity to a game that in many aspects looks awesome.

Think whatever you like. I just had to get this out. Sorry for the rant, I guess. If you're not like this, then please don't take any offence. So many people are like this, though.

To the OP: This wasn't directed to you, not at all. Your thread just happened to be the thousand and first I read that turned out to be about how bad and stupid TS4 seemed to be. Let's just say it was the straw that broke the camel's back.
  • Options
    KDR222KDR222 Posts: 56 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Hannoie wrote:
    You can do something right a thousand times... (i.e. Shut up and move on to another thread)

There is two kinds of people on this TS4 forum: The haters, and those who hate the haters.

And I'm sick and tired of it. If you just wanna go around hate things, go somewhere people can't see you. If you hate the looks of TS4, well then congratulations, we got you message. I know, you know, my sister knows, my neighbors know, and EA most definitely know. You hate the haters? Poor you, there can't be too many people left for you to actually like, since this entire forum is overflowing with haters.

And don't call me a hater know or anything. I hate nothing and nobody, BUT I can get really mad when there's nothing but negativity to a game that in many aspects looks awesome.

Think whatever you like. I just had to get this out. Sorry for the rant, I guess. If you're not like this, then please don't take any offence. So many people are like this, though.

To the OP: This wasn't directed to you, not at all. Your thread just happened to be the thousand and first I read that turned out to be about how bad and stupid TS4 seemed to be. Let's just say it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Not trying to be mean or anything but if negative threads make you that unhappy can't you just not read them? I mean they are all titled with obvious name like "OMG I HATE THOSE GRAPHICS", so you can pretty much guess what it will be about. Don't click on it. I think that many people vent their frustrations on these forums. No EA cannot please everyone but as consumers people have the right to complain about whatever they want no matter how stupid and juvenile it may seem.

I for one don't have any judgements about the Sims 4 yet. I will wait to see more before I make a decision. I like reading the "negative" comments as well as the "positive" ones because sometimes both sides makes good points about various things.

In the end things aren't going to change, people are going to voice their opinions whether it positive or negative. I happen to laugh more at the people who create whole threads complaining about the "complainers" (or the negative people as they are called). Its like a never ending cycle. Anyways, that's my thoughts on the matter....
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't care if people are going to buy the game or not. That doesn't bother me whatsoever.

I think some people should find another hobby besides complaining, moping and arguing about the Sims. They act as if it's the end of the world if they don't get this or that. Its just a game.

So ya. Just my thoughts on that. :P

Pandagirl out
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hannoie wrote:

Is it being a "hater" to express disappointment that one of the best features of the Sims franchise is being taken away (CASt)? Especially when it's early enough in the process where it could be added back in...and indeed it's been suggested that the developers haven't made up their mind about it?

I haven't been totally negative about Sims 4; I've said that the new emphasis on emotions intrigues me, and if done right can lead to a richer experience. I've been one of those who've said to folks not to worry that they haven't shown any age group other than young adults yet -- absence of proof isn't necessarily proof of absence, and just maybe they're starting with young adults to make sure they've got a genetics system that actually makes sense. (Yeah, I'm an optimist... :roll: ) I even actually like the new graphics to a certain extent, especially if they contribute to less lag and fewer crashes or Error Code 12s.

But I have the right to express my opinion about a feature that I use extensively, and is very important to some Simmers especially storytellers (who post their stories with pictures) and machinima makers. As for whether I buy the game or not, I need to see a lot more details about the game before I decide whether I'm going to get the game, much less pre-order. EA better be ready to keep the Sims 3 forums going for a while though and keep access to the Sims Store for those items we've purchased though, because there might be quite a few people who will happily remain with Sims 3 for the foreseeable future. :?
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Dawid9089Dawid9089 Posts: 413 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Well people just brag its like CLAY-LOOKINg graphic - which i approve. Id give it a shot. and see... :) But people have a right to say whats on their mind dont they :)