Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gain a degree lose a family?

So I sent my third generation Sim to University just like his dad and granddad, but when he earned his technology degree and moved back home he lost all family ties. He was removed from the family tree and not recognized as the son and grandson anymore.
What a bummer! Anyone else have this happen?

Comments

• Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited April 2013
    Not that exactly. I've had Sims not be playable, things stuck in their inventory. The traveling system with University is glitched and doesn't always work like it should. I haven't had these problems with WA, but some people have. It's probably related to the same bug.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2013
    The Broken Family Tree problem seems to be an old problem from WA. I haven't had any broken family tree corruptions in my game..maybe because I don't have WA installed. I also don't use mods at the moment. May use them later.

But once the game is corrupted it's hard to get it back to normal. Hopefully, you have a previous save.

In Crinrict's threads about other problems she has stated some of the problems are corruption of the player's game and there isn't a fix for the broken family tree problem which does then corrupt the game.

Maybe there is a Mod that can fix your Sims..I don't use them..but you can read Crinrict's comments on her blog about some of the corruption with that old bug or with WA or Uni or not arriving at Uni or not graduating or going home etc. Hopefully, they will patch the broken family tree problem. I am going to assume since Butlers are sort of attached to the person that hired them..but they go missing in my game since ST..that this problem stems from the 'broken family tree' problem..though my Sims weren't dead that hired butlers..and I didn't even have WA installed.

It seems to cause a lot of problems in all the EPs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.