Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is a new one for me- Store Clothing showing up as PACKAGE files?

I am sorry if this is already reported elsewhere, but a search yielded no results for me.

I purchased the "Live, Laugh, Love" released from the store this past Thursday, and the clothing for males and females are showing up as PACKAGE files? :shock:

The hair show up fine as sims3packs- any one have this trouble or if there will be a fix or anything?

IDK why it annoys me- mostly because I don't use CC clothing and they look odd. :lol:

Comments

• Options
    michellehilbrandmichellehilbrand Posts: 2,331 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have seen threads like this. I don't know why that happened, but I know you aren't alone.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited March 2013
    First I've heard of it, so thank you! And sounds scary, my game doesn't like package files apparently. Finally occurred to me that the reason I've been crashing out of CAS left and right lately might be due to a cc -- haven't put any new clothing into the game besides that one, for literally months. But I waited months after it had been released before installing it, to see any anybody else had experienced problems with it, and apparently no one had.

I have a very sensitive computer! :P :lol:
  • Options
    jeancabrerajeancabrera Posts: 150 Member
    edited March 2013
    Same here! Appears both. Package and store icons.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2013
    I have been seeing this since the store update added more of the store content to winterwear. As wedding attire we already have was considered winterwear also - so people could have year round outside weddings without sims freezing to death or dying from heat exhaustion - I would guess all the new wedding set clothing also has been set as outerwear also. If they did not do this your sims would spin into outerwear and not stay dressed for the wedding if the weather affected them somehow.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited March 2013
    Is there any way to fix this? I don't want to uninstall the set. This is the first this has ever happened to me- all EA store stuff shows up as sims3packs except this one?

The still work ok- but I don't WANT package files in my game "by accident"...I am very strict about what is in my game. :?
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited March 2013
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    I have been seeing this since the store update added more of the store content to winterwear. As wedding attire we already have was considered winterwear also - so people could have year round outside weddings without sims freezing to death or dying from heat exhaustion - I would guess all the new wedding set clothing also has been set as outerwear also. If they did not do this your sims would spin into outerwear and not stay dressed for the wedding if the weather affected them somehow.

Hmmmm just speculating here, but a patch converting the clothing to outerwear shouldn't have affected the simpack file in that way... I know at mts they used to talk about how the game would actually strip the simpack down to it's package form and that the game was actually using the package, not the simpack. That's one of the reasons they started doing that too. But come to fine out, my computer really doesn't like package files... it's like, more work for the game to read two different file types or something.

I have more stuff now that I ever have before -- and up until a couple days ago when I downloaded the wedding set -- my game was running sweeeeeeeet. That's when CAS started crashing left and right, and trying to get it to save became a huge problem. I figured it was lack of memory but now I'm going to uninstall that set and see what happens.

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,931 Member
    edited March 2013
    If you use the downloads dashboard to download the items you may find the set broken up into individual items in you downloads folder. I am not sure if this will work or if it will do what you want though. Just thought the the dd breaks sets up into individual items whilst the launcher leaves them all in a single file that holds all the stuff that came with the set.
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited March 2013
    Karritz wrote:
    If you use the downloads dashboard to download the items you may find the set broken up into individual items in you downloads folder. I am not sure if this will work or if it will do what you want though. Just thought the the dd breaks sets up into individual items whilst the launcher leaves them all in a single file that holds all the stuff that came with the set.

TY- I can look into that. :D