Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why?

Why can't I find the apartments?
Why are all the roomies never tidy and never bathe?
why am I getting calls for parties every single day and night and evening and morning??
why are the movies in the NEW theater only 5 second long?
Why am I eating popcorn with a spoon?
Why are they jumping and excited about knocking down one pen in bowling?
Why did my proff. do a lecture with no shirt or shoes?
Why are things breaking in the dorm all the time??
Why are the police shutting down MY party at 9 pm on a Saturday night?
Why can my friends have a party til 3 in the morn with no police in sight?
Why in my home hood everyone all of a sudden now walks up to me and start slapping my face??
Why everyone I meet wants me?
Why am I keep getting robbed at uni??
Why are everyone around me hungry?
Why is it that everyone seem to have a bladder problem?
Why are my children going to uni with the my old classmates ?
why? WHY? WHY?
IF YOU KNOW THE ANSWER TO ANY OF MY QUESTIONS PLEASE TELL ME OR IF YOU HAVE YOUR OWN QUESTION PLEASE POST THEM BELOW MAYBE YOU WILL GET SOME ANSWERS AS WELL...AND AGAIN....WHY???

Comments

• Options
    DaletheSimDaletheSim Posts: 430 New Member
    edited March 2013
    You're just lucky I guess. J/K
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    edited March 2013
    I hate the constant phonecalls. My sim gets like 10+ calls a day from girls asking him out on a date when he's seeing someone already. He's been sent thousands of simoleans worth of items in love-letters as well, it's annoying but profitable. :P

Sims do not age at uni, so the people there will be there forever unless they die. :3
  • Options
    knh330knh330 Posts: 1,593 Member
    edited March 2013
    I think I can answer the one about the old classmates: Sims never age in the Uni world, so maybe the game never feels the need to make them leave if they can be in university for all eternity.
    That was the one thing I feared about University Life; you'll see the same people at uni all the time.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited March 2013
    I can kind of answer the first one! I read somewhere that there aren't apartments exactly. They are the houses that are sort of like apartments. You can have roommates and some of the houses are nicely sized. Idk the housing system is a bit confusing. But there are not actual apartments unless you own late night.
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited March 2013
    Thank you so much for some answers :) ...do you have any why questions of your own?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    DaletheSim wrote:
    You're just lucky I guess. J/K

lol :thumbup: I think we all my be blessed with that luck :-)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited March 2013
    brsy wrote:

Because they wanted to make it as realistic as possible... :roll:
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Apartments are weird - there are not any real apartments - you would have to build one - different from LN. Build the building and make the units then advertise for roommates.. then as they arrive set doors so only they can get in and set bed ownership in their apartment. Make sure you set doors into your own area too. Anything not behind an entrance door that only lets the sims that live there in is considered public space.

Roommates are messy and don't clean up. At least if you limit public space and they only keep the mess in their rooms your sim won't have an issue with it - otherwise hire a butler to clean up after messy roommates. Pile of clothing the game makes appear - I guess to give neat sims anxiety attacks and to make it like life at college.

Social needs and lack of much sleep time is common at college and so sims don't worry about when they are making calls or planning parties. Go when you need to for your social group points. Say no the rest of the time or ignore the invites. Too many calls? Silence the ringer.

As for the new cinema.. that is a store object not from UNI so ask about the length of the movies in the new cinema in shop tech support. Or use the UNI cinema.

Things beak in dorms, students are rough on stuff, fix it if you want to and need the skill, hire a butler to keep stuff fixed or ignore the stuff if its not yours that is broken.. college life is like this.

Depend son the party, if it is too wild (more you invite the noisier it is) and it depend on where you hold it. Dorms have more problem with the police interfering then houses - cause other dormies complain more. They are probably inviting less people, had a different type of party or have a house and not a dorm so why parties go later.

No idea why they are slapping you - has the same reasons that it would in your home world. Try improving your relationships

Probably want you because romancing is high in UNi at the UNI and you must have a high charisma or attractive traits like party animal.

No idea why you keep getting robbed. Some people do a lot of the time other, like myself, never have but my houses have all had burglar alarms and people around all the time.

Roomies and Dormmates and visitors are hungry if there is no food availabl just like anytime you have visitors over. Try placing vending machines in your public area, or a buffet or hiring a butler who will then cook when people are hungry, order a pizza... just like you would do with hungry visitors. Not all game play is new in UNI, so try things like you would in the home world to solve some of these issues.

Make sure your visitors have access to public area bathrooms. For Dormmates or Roommates make sure you assign beds so no one sleeps in them and they can use them, set the door locks on bedroom doors to just those sims who have bed ownership in those rooms, and do the same with connecting bathrooms. This will keep the line from being too long so no one can pee and your dormmates or roommates will use their assigned baths and leave public area ones open.

I assume you mean your children are now YA and are going to the UNI and finding NPC's that were there when you were. That maybe because they have not completed their degree or have come back for a second or third. Remember NPC students stay on campus over break so you can socialize if you take 2 semesters at once, but have no way to take more then 6 credits at a time so NPCs will go through college must slower then you will if your sim takes more credits.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    brsy wrote:

Because they wanted to make it as realistic as possible... :roll:

:thumbup: hahaha ummm I guess I was in fantasy land when I attended university in real life because I took a bath/ shower everyday :P
  • Options
    ShinrikyoShinrikyo Posts: 2,142 Member
    edited March 2013
    Maybe some of the problems have to do with the new UL traits. My sim has the irresistible trait and her phone does not stop ringing! :x And yes, she gets invited to a party like every minute. :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Thanks so much @stormwench..DaletheSim ..Lishacake ...knh330 ...Akl500P ...stilljustme2 ...Shinrikyo

Trust me I love uni and THE SIMS period and no matter that I have all the stuff packs..store worlds and ep's it's always a WHY??? somewhere to be found :thumbup:
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    edited March 2013
    Why not? Haha, sorry.

I've got a why, though:
    Why haven't I bought UL yet? :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Skelda wrote:
    Why not? Haha, sorry.

I've got a why, though:
    Why haven't I bought UL yet? :lol:

:lol::lol: yea , why not????
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited March 2013
    Why are my children going to uni with the my old classmates ?

maybe this is because unlike world adventure's where they age when you was in your home world but not while you was there,

this might not doing it for the university world so no one is aging, bit like ts2 , your sims children met your old friends from college you had to add npc college students to age them.

they should age when your home maybe its a glitch and no one ages.
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited March 2013
    Short answer to ALL of your questions: 42
    :lol:
    No seriously it's all because the game engine grew over the head of the developers.
    Too many tiny details to care about in such a short amount of development time.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited March 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Short answer to ALL of your questions: 42
    :lol:
    No seriously it's all because the game engine grew over the head of the developers.
    Too many tiny details to care about in such a short amount of development time.

It is waaaay too early in the morning for Douglas Adams!!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2013
    I was going to make a long list to answer your fifteen questions one by one but it's pretty simple.

Most of your problems with other Sims are due to their traits.
    A Professor that shows up without shoes or clothes etc., may have the Inapproriate trait, or be absentminded, or Insane which causes Sims to dress inapproriately, doesn't it?

A Sim that can't take care of it's own needs is probably due to some other Trait they have..like those that like to work out will keep doing that no matter how hungry or how much they need to bathe etc.

Sims that are messy and won't pick up..are probably Slobs and or Absentmined at your Dorms, or Sorority house or Frat house. Get rid of those, click on Dismiss under Roommates in the Pie menu.

You are now living with all the traits in the game...of course there might be more chaos.

I haven't had any popcorn in my game..I sent my Sim to the threater in the Uni town..it worked like it always does..but I didn't have a choice to see any new movies like in the new Venue Theater in the Store..wish that venue was in this EP. :cry:

Overexciteable Sims cheer for anything..even knocking down one pin. Maybe it was programmed for all Sims to do that since they had never played and not getting a gutter ball your first time out is a big thing, for real.

Police only shut down juice keggers and don't care about the other parties...a hint about the alcholol in this game and at that party if you think about it...Sims out of control, drinking ale/beer... if they are aware you are hosting a juice kegger..makes sense to me.

I don't have any Sims in my game with bladder problems. The more you drink the more you gotta go.

Hungry Sims everywhere may be due to people aren't assinging beds..therefore the Sim is sleepy, goes to bed really hungry in anyone's bed..then the other Sim has nowhere to sleep, and when they all get up the ones that went to bed really hungry may be starving...assign beds and call Sims to meal sometimes, solves the problem. Or put in a snowcone machine or a buffet table.

Absentminded Sims are going to forget to eat. Dismiss Sims that are causing your game to be too hard for you.

If can only build your own apartments in the mainworld. There aren't any in this game..but in LN. They just redid it inorder for us to rent out rooms, and or no longer have to mark doors as NPC doors.

So in a nutshell, your game seems it is interesting and a lot of chaos! yay! but it all comes down to how you play it, and what type of Sims your are rooming with in the end. Neat? Good? or Slobs?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    smilies246smilies246 Posts: 556 New Member
    edited March 2013
    You honestly made me giggle when you said:

'Why everyone I meet wants me?'

Haha!! but that is so true!! at one time every sim of the opposite gender to my sim was always attracted!! so true! lol
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    ahhh ty you so much everyone so far for the answers on my "why list"

@ 42 :lol:

Oh the popcorn option comes with uni not the movie theater.... when you click the microwave you also get other options as well from the mini fridge in your home world as well as at school plus you can get "a cold one"... but I still don't understand why am I eating popcorn with a spoon?? :P :P now I know we all can get a little proper every now and then but geeeesh even I like to use my fingers when eating popcorn ....mmmmmm mmmm goood :P :P :lol: