Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

walkingstick's builds (New Lot The old factory p20)

Comments

• Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thank you!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,451 Member
    edited September 2013
    A wonderful new build Walkingstick, It has a great layout as do all your builds. Comfy and welcoming interiors, I love the rich red and white combination of the exterior it set the architecture of perfectly. Left a rec. :D:D Folly
  • Options
    LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    edited September 2013
    Your Lighthouse is adorable. So charming and inviting! I love the terrain work and the whole exterior and interior! I left you already a well deserved rec. :D :thumbup:
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited September 2013
    Moonrise Lighthouse looks gorgeous - love the structure, and the interiors are very pretty too! :) already rec'd on my page
    Have a nice weekend! :)
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited September 2013
    Walkingstick, I love your lighthouse. The exterior is simply beautiful and your recolors and interior design is flawless. A beautiful home! Love!!!

I had to google "Moonrise Kingdom Lighthouse" because I wasn't familiar with it. I love Bill Murray! I'll definitely have to look for that movie :). Your lighthouse is spot-on with the one in the movie. Great job!!
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    As you can see, this is a copy of the house from the Nautical Living set. The back and inside are my interpretations. I thouht the house contained only base game and Nautical Living. However the exchange says World adventure and Ambitons too!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7676456

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    edited September 2013
    Nautical Living is a nice home. :) It looks great the way you have built the house that it looks just like the home from the set. Great to have the easel outdoors on the side for sims to enjoy painting outdoors. Nice shades of blue that you have used for the exterior and interior. It looks great the way you have used the nautical living set items through the home both inside and outdoors. Nice window eating area to enjoy the sunlight whilst eating. The vase of yellow flowers is nice there. Great to use the ladder to go up to the next floor. The light house painting behind the bed looks nice, and great nautical colours of the bed pattern. Great nautical theme throughout the home. It looks great the way you have done the desk nook in the study/library. The blue/white mat there suits the theme, and the life ring looks great on the wall. Nice comfortable arm chairs to sit, relax and have a read of a book from the bookcase. It looks great the way you have taken the photo of your build with the lighthouse in the background .
    It is a great home! :)
  • Options
    BambooEaterrrBambooEaterrr Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited September 2013
    I can't believe you made the lighthouse from Moonrise Kingdom! I love that movie and all his other movies lol :D It looks absolutely beautiful, very pretty and quaint, just like in the movie :D

Natuical Living is so cute ^^ I often wish that they'd upload their lots from the store-pics lol, so this has been rec'd and faved! :D The front looks *exactly* like in the picture!
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,897 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hey sticks I see you have been busy :) I Love the 'Nautical Living' Cottage and I always admire your beachy and nautical builds you do them so perfectly, funny as the first one I saw of yours was the 10x10 and I still have a pic of it :-) Rec of course.
    Hill

Edit
    You should put it here http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/480/698547.page in the EA Forum as I think a Feature is needed/deserved :wink:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2013
    What a cute build Walkingstick! :D Love the exterior. You have used the nautical set beautifully! Those cornices are perfect for the build. :D Love the porch and the little garden. Inside, love your colour palette! The kitchen, living room and bedroom looks so pretty! I love the sim created painting you have used for the bedroom. It is perfect for this beach house. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi WS!

I'm catching up on my forum posting after being too busy IRL to do anything but scan the boards. I love the Moonrise Lighthouse! Moonrise Kingdom is one of my favorite movies and you captured the feeling of the film so well in your build. Nicely done!

I agree with Heather -- you should put both builds on the Exchange Uploads board. I know so many people were hoping that there was a house that matched the Nautical Living set and would love to DL.

Off to Rec right now :mrgreen:

Sue Pea
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    Sierra24Sierra24 Posts: 721 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thats a really adorable little house WS. Rec'd.
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited September 2013
    How cute this little guy is WS! It looks exactly like the pic from the set. I love how you finished the inside! It is just so quaint! Rec'd. :D
  • Options
    LucyenaLucyena Posts: 916 Member
    edited September 2013
    So adorable, once again! I love the bright color scheme! It makes me want to spent my weekend there! Loveley, WS! Already rec`d :)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited September 2013
    That's so incredibly cool that you created the house from the Nautical Living set. How creative! It looks just like the pictures and your interpretations of the back and inside are fabulous! Great job - I rec'd as soon as it hit the exchange! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,913 Member
    edited September 2013
    You done a awesome job on the recreation of the Nautical Living home Walkingstick.. Rec'd for you. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Nautical Living is an adorable little cottage so beautifully decorated, the perfect cottage for by the sea. Rec'd and favored. :D Hugs Folly
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm so glad I found your thread, I've always loved your builds... it's something about your interiors I find homey... no matter what build you make, I feel I could live there. :D Your newest nautical Living is no exception! That is definitely my perfect beach home~ Wonderful!
  • Options
    GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited September 2013
    The lighthouse is charming and Nautical Living is a clever and charming cottage. Very nice decorating too. Rec'd both.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for all the lovely comments. Here is my latest.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7706529

screenshot_original.jpg"height=450"width=600"

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    edited October 2013
    Bors Bora is a very nice home :) Great design and layout of it! It looks great as a stilted house in the water. Great thatched roofs. The outdoors covered over hot tub area would be very nice to relax in outdoors with the sea air and views of the sea to look at. Also sims will enjoy sitting outdoors on the lounger or sofa and relaxing, or having an outdoors massage or a drink from the bar. All such nice outdoors areas to enjoy resting! Lovely photos you have taken of your build in the sunshine and the blue water and reflections in the sea, and also with the nice green trees background. The way you have placed the exterior curtains either side of the door looks great. Nice furnishing of the interiors. Nice brown, white and yellow colours you have used. The textures for the walls and floors look great. Nice design of the kitchen. The eat in and stove island counter is great, and great to have a grill to cook meals on. The vase of flowers and the fruit bowls are nice tropical touches. Great recoloured bar stools. It looks nice the way you have set up the living room with the seats and sofa. The circle mats under the chairs look nice. Great corner study desk nook. It looks great the way you have separated off the areas in the bathroom. The tiki mirrors look great there. Nice bedroom. The sitting area looks great, and great use of the screen. The type of bed suits the home. Nice pictures that you have placed on the walls through the rooms.
    It is a very nice tropical relaxing home! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hi Walkingstic I love your new stilt Home Bora Bora. It is beautiful decorate with an authentic looking island style. Left a rec. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,935 Member
    edited October 2013
    This looks like just the thing for a tropical home over the water.
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm packing! I'm going! I'll send a postcard from Bora Bora!

Rec'd!

T
  • Options
    saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited October 2013
    Ooh the tropical house looks amazing! The exterior fit perfectly with Sunlit Tides and inside looks cool and comfy. Interiors are beautiful, love the wood bathroom especially. Left you a big rec :D