The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

walkingstick's builds (New Lot The old factory p20)

Comments

• Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited February 2014
    Such cuteness. I love your style! Caught up with my recs...even the newest your are probably posting pictures of even now. I'm just fast that way!
    :lol:
    :lol:
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited February 2014
    Another small one. This time a starter.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8029138

screenshot_original.jpg"width=600""height=450"

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,756 Member
    edited February 2014
    Beachy Starter is a very nice home. :) Great exterior of it! It looks great how you have done the roofing. Great porch and balcony. Great art nook on the balcony for sims to enjoy painting outdoors. Very nice furnishing of the interior. Nice shade of green that you have used for the bedroom and the bed pattern looks great with it. The sim taken photos on the various walls of the home look nice. The vase of flowers on the coffee table in the living room is nice for sims to see when relaxing there on the seat watching tv. The tropical beachy wall strip pattern looks great. Great to have an upper loft study desk alcove area for using the computer or reading at. Great side wall dining area. The colour of the exterior and the textures you have used look great.
    It is a nice tropical themed starter home! :)
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited February 2014
    Walkingstick great use of space! Cute build and very colorful. Rec'd.
    Kirk
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,094 Member
    edited February 2014
    This is beautiful! Beach starters are hard to come by in a simmers life lol.And this one is adorable! Love the interior colors.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2014
    WOW! :D Great job Walkingstick! Inspite of being a 10x10 lot it looks spacious! Love the architecture! So cute! Love how you have used the ladder and the bright, vibrant colours inside. It really brightens up the space inside. Left you a well deserved recommendation. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi Walkingstick, I Love Beachy Starter! Nice use of space on this little guy. I especially like the use of the ladders and the pergola. Rec'd :D
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited February 2014
    Great beach house, walkingstick! Looks like some of the ones around here in Port Isabel and South Padre Island. :D

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited February 2014
    Your beachy starter home is very cute, I left you a rec.
  • Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited February 2014
    Beach starter is amazing! You have used the space very well, left you a rec :D
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,451 Member
    edited February 2014
    Lovely little beach house starter I love the soft blue exterior with the weathered white trim. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the comments :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    In between all those small ones I've been building this bigger one!

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8045290

I also made a married couple to go in it.

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8045292

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,756 Member
    edited February 2014
    Mid Century Modern is a very nice home. :) Great capturing of the mid century modern theme both in the exterior and the furnishing of the interior. Great exterior of it ! The roofing looks great. It looks great how you have done the sloping path down to the driveway and have placed the fencing either side of the end of it, Great steps section near the garage. It looks nice the type of and way you have placed the plants and flowers in the outdoors areas. Nice outdoor patio area for sims to enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating outdoors in the sunshine . Nice type of seats that you have placed in front of the outdoors fireplace. It would be a nice place to sit, chat and warm up in front of the fire on a chilly day. Very nice mid century modern themed furnishing of the interior! Great type of furnishings that you have used. The green, orange and brown shades of colours you have used look great. Great tv watching corner nook area ! It looks nice how you have placed the seats there for sims to sit , relax and watch some tv together whilst the sunlight comes in through the glass windows. The star clock on the wall is a nice touch. Nice type of dining seats and table that you have used. The fruit bowl looks nice on the table. Sims will enioy listening to music from the nearby stereo whilst dining. The picture on the wall suits the build. Great design of the kitchen. The kitchen wall pattern looks great. The flooring texture you have used through the home looks great. Great layout of the open kitchen, dining and living room area. Great window study nook area for sims to enjoy looking out through the window at the outdoors views whilst reading or using the computer. Nice tiling of the walls in the bathroom. Sims will enjoy playing basketball or on the swings outside. It is a very nice home !
    Your married couple who live there are very nice too. :) nice outfits that they are wearing .
    Great home and sims!
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2014
    Beautiful MCM home Walkingstick! :D Lovely architecture! Nice window placement. I like that driveway/ garage area too. Good job with the terrain tool! The couple goes perfect with the house. Off to recommend both the house and the sims. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited February 2014
    Really nice work on the MCM, Walkingstick! I always love your color schemes and you have the mid-century details down pat.

You are quite the prolific builder! I could never keep up with you :mrgreen:

Off to rec!
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    socalkdlsocalkdl Posts: 1,636 Member
    edited February 2014
    Walkingstick, very nicely done. The style is very similar to the International style which started the Modern movement in the 30s. If you get a chance check out my International in my studio and you'll see the similarities. Characteristics are stone and stucco, steel framed windows and flat overhung roofs. Love the split level attached garage, and interesting terrain. The furnishings look great in this type of home. Rec'd
    Kirk
    7052960097_e88be3050b_z.jpg
  • Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited February 2014
    Oh my gosh, dude, I love it. Your creative mind amazes me!
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited February 2014
    oh wow love it! :D The exterior roof line is just perfect! Is it on a flat lot where you changed the terrain yourself, or did the lot already have the elevation change before you started building?
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    oh wow love it! :D The exterior roof line is just perfect! Is it on a flat lot where you changed the terrain yourself, or did the lot already have the elevation change before you started building?

Thank you! I changed the terrain myself.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited February 2014

Thank you! I changed the terrain myself.

Oh goody! (Bet you knew why I was asking!) :P That means the edges will match up when I plop it down anywhere, yay! Mid-century is my favorite and you did a beautiful job, so definitely using this in my game. Thank you so much, Walkingstick!
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,451 Member
    edited February 2014
    Walkingsick This build has such a wonderful mix of colours and textures for the authentic looking exterior,the landscaping is fantastic with its soft bluey green foliage. :D Left a rec and favoured. Hugs Folly
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited February 2014
    It's wonderful, Walkingstick! I feel like I'm watching an episode of MAd Men, with their stylish home!

Recd!
    T
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks Folly and Taryn. Your comments are always appreciated :D
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited February 2014
    Absolutely wonderful build, and so exciting to see something a bit bigger (though I LOVE your cute little homes too). You've captured the art deco feel perfectly in the architecture and the retro interiors are beautiful. Love it! :-)
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com