Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3: Island Paradise Expansion Pack this June

Saw this on Simsvip,

http://simsvip.com/2013/01/08/ea-reveals-the-sims-3-line-up-for-2013/comment-page-1/#comment-263409

:shock:

After University Life!!!
Was hoping for a Business EP, but this one sounds fun! Can't wait to see what comes this year!! :mrgreen:

Comments

• Options
    MinDtriKzMinDtriKz Posts: 5,441 Member
    edited January 2013
    Ah, I love houseboats. That looks more exciting to me than the University EP.
  • Options
    IrishSimsloverIrishSimslover Posts: 715 Member
    edited January 2013
    I kind of expected this. I remember a while ago there was 2 surveies about university and an island sort of EP.

Which I was excited about both, but didn't know the order of release. I'd hope for an OFB.. but from what I saw of the survey, OFB elements *may* be in the Island EP.
    tumblr_inline_ml9leeQUvj1qz4rgp.jpg
  • Options
    theprincess3theprincess3 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited January 2013
    YES!! I want this so much! (And the announced University!) :D.
  • Options
    SabrosaSabrosa Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited January 2013
    super excited for this year and my simmies!!

Happy Simming!! :D
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    It will be interesting to build your own house boat and then travel around the islands in it. Interesting direction for my simmies for sure.

Also able to go under the ocean...

new skills: scuba and snorkeling... woot!

Run your own resort island town, wonder if business EP will be next, maybe around Christmas!
  • Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited January 2013
    Very angry houseboats are in this EP. Could have given this one a miss too. :x :mrgreen:
  • Options
    kitandraekitandrae Posts: 1,081 New Member
    edited January 2013
    When they said marine life all i head was mermaids..O.o..which will be pretty interesting Im guessing a sim that has to go to water every now and then and doesnt have to come up for air
  • Options
    shaposh2012shaposh2012 Posts: 760 Member
    edited January 2013
    I hope they add ukulele and hula skills!
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm sooooo excited for this expansion, definitely appeals to me more than uni and the future (although i will buy them all anyway :D )
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    LfriaLfria Posts: 1,116 New Member
    edited January 2013
    kitandrae wrote:
    When they said marine life all i head was mermaids..O.o..which will be pretty interesting Im guessing a sim that has to go to water every now and then and doesnt have to come up for air

That's exactly what I heard too. Especially with the tone of his voice while saying marine life.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm going to die of excitement OMG
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,359 Member
    edited January 2013
    I can't wait for June to come around now that we are getting a real vacation ep since some of us don't consider WA to be a real vacation... :D
  • Options
    LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited January 2013
    WOW! YAY!!!

I have been wishing for this for a very long time!! I hope it comes true.

--house boats (and building on the water)
    --water worlds
    --thick glass floors
    --dance gazebos on the water
    --marine life
    --water sports
    --row boats
    --mermaids & mermen
    --university
    --back to the future type EP with buildable cave homes & hunting/living off the land

____________________________________________________________________________
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    kitandrae wrote:

I bet you are right. Lots of simmers have been wanting mermaids for awhile now.
    :)
  • Options
    palmtreecodpalmtreecod Posts: 261 New Member
    edited January 2013
    AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is PERFECTION!!

If you can't tell by my name and by my signature (less relevant but still there), I'm so freaking STOKED about this new EP. I just saw the trailer for UNI, and then right after I saw Island Paradise and immediately forgot what college was.

Managing your own hotel, having legitimate beaches (combing for seashells, tanning on the ground...)

OH MY GOD! I AM GOING TO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THISSS!
  • Options
    StarrfoxxStarrfoxx Posts: 147 New Member
    edited January 2013
    This is awesome. It feels like they are going back to the old roots of Sims 1: Vacation, because it was called "Vacation Island".

I'm sad that we only have one location to go to, though. For what they are offering, though, it sounds amazing!

And maybe we'll finally get restaurants that aren't rabbit holes with this one?
  • Options
    breakyouxbreakyoux Posts: 465 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Maybe "marine life" will be like swimming with dolphins. Mermaids or dolphins, I'm sold either way LOL
  • Options
    BoingoFail10BoingoFail10 Posts: 286 New Member
    edited January 2013
    THE ONLY WAY TO RELEASE MY EXCITMENT IS TO GO TO NARNIA!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

lolcatsdotcom01hli8nm2ly6d63d.jpg
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited January 2013
    God bless Simsvip - wasn't able to catch the chat, but watched it just a little while ago. Sooo excited now! At first I was "meh" about University, but to be honest, I was the same about Seasons... who cares if it snows? OK, so I care. Now. Today's livechat showed me I am, once again, wrong. Tagging? Bonfires? Murphy beds? Been wanting murphy beds since forever. They said social groups but... fraternities/sororities that carry over into the home world. Gah! Sold.

Island Vacation sounds awesome. Just awesome. I get to run my own resort? Hahahahahahaha!!!! Yay! I get to build a house that floats? Seriously? OK, EA - you have to give us glass floor tiles now, because what kind of floating miracle boat doesn't have a glass bottom? I mean really.

And an EP of "sets" for storytellers... want to hear more about this - sounds interesting.

Don't know if all this means TS4 is around the corner; don't really care. This will keep me busy for a while. :) Liking EA today.
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    edited January 2013
    man they should include herbicides in this pack
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,127 Member
    edited January 2013
    This sounds great. I hope you can go on cruises. Even houseboats should be good though. I have actually been thinking of creating the Sylvanian Families canal boat recently as I loved it as a child, though it would of course be land bound at the moment. It can wait :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited January 2013
    I suspect that the people who have been asking for mer-Sims will finally get their wish.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    BambooEaterrrBambooEaterrr Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited January 2013
    I can't wait for this EP to come out :D

I don't think this is gonna be a vacation thing though, I think it's basically gonna be a new island world (and I think they said something about creating your own) with a bunch of new cool features to it :)
  • Options
    artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited January 2013
    EEK!!

I can not wait!! This will definitely keep me from wedding planning! LOL!
    I can not wait for this EP!

I can't wait for houseboats, that will be fun! I love cruising the open waters... wind in my hair... ah!

This will definitely complete the collection!
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited January 2013
    looks awesome can't wait to see more