Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you play The Sims 4 : A poll

Comments

• Options
    RuffPuffianRuffPuffian Posts: 101 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Probably one day, but not until it's been out for a while. I don't really like how people have already started talk of The Sims 4 when I only recently got The Sims 3, but I'm the one who was late to the party. :I
  • Options
    skydancerSimskydancerSim Posts: 31 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Not really sure yet. I have been on board since Sims1 and had a blast BUT when I bought Sims 3, the base game was so very empty compared to everything I had been doing inTS2 that it was really a let down to start over and rebuild my options for play once again. I am not really certain I want to deal with that yet again. Not to mention that it took a while for those that are skilled wit the creation of CC to sort out the new system. For me, having access to well done CC makes the game that much more fun and engaging. For me, now, it's all about options. So, that said, unless The Sims 4 has at least weather and pets in the base game AND the CC creators don't have to start over from scratch, I am likely to sit on the fence until an expansion pack or two is released.

I have spent a good bit of money and a LOT of time building my TS3 collection and honestly the thought of starting over from scratch for a third time is just not appealing enough that I would jump to TS4 at release.

Also, if TS4 has required online play elements ( social networks or cooperative ) or even just an Internet connection required to even play it, you can count me out completely. My Internet connection has more than enough bandwidth but I really do prefer the single player sandbox.

So, while I might play TS4, it won't be right at release. Some may say I would be coming late to the party but I have found that quite often one has more fun arriving fashionably late versus arriving right on time.
  • Options
    KizzyLoveKizzyLove Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited January 2013
    I feel like I haven't fully explored Sims 3; for that reason I'll buy sims 4 whenever I'm ready and hopefully it's on sale.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    edited January 2013
    I want to see the base game have hottubs,a swimmable ocean,seemless neighborhoods like we have now but with the ability to travel to other worlds without losing relationships and even move there.

I also want create a style like we have now,all clothes available in the warddrobe,no rabbitholes and proper car animations like opening the door.
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited January 2013

Also, if TS4 has required online play elements ( social networks or cooperative ) or even just an Internet connection required to even play it, you can count me out completely. My Internet connection has more than enough bandwidth but I really do prefer the single player sandbox.

This is the deal breaker for me. Even if an internet connection is not required I will read discussions here first and read reviews to determine if I will buy it.

• Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited January 2013
    So, while I might play TS4, it won't be right at release. Some may say I would be coming late to the party but I have found that quite often one has more fun arriving fashionably late versus arriving right on time.

Exactly. Let's not forget all the patches necessary from rushed deadlines... I went back to TS1 until they released the very first patch :mrgreen: Without the patch, I would get blue screens all the time!
  • Options
    Trish1966Trish1966 Posts: 1,010 Member
    edited January 2013
    Not right at release, no. I am getting ready to send one of my kids to college and I can't afford a new computer just for gaming. If they try to make it social like a MMORPG, then definitely no, never. I play games to relax. Not figure out weird commands.

It took me a year to jump on the TS3 bandwagon after TS2.
  • Options
    ccoolcatccoolcat Posts: 336 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Maybe. I still have a lot more to do with this game though. Most likely not for a while after it comes out.
  • Options
    Ryansim69Ryansim69 Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited January 2013
    yes i have stuck with the sims since it first came out and will stick with it to the end!

Simmer for life!
  • Options
    kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited January 2013
    Yes :)
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    edited January 2013
    No! Cause if I do, I will have to save thousand of Dollars for new computer for Sims 4 due it will crashed on this laptop. LOL!
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    daria_is_odddaria_is_odd Posts: 810 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Probably not,
    I'm happy with my sims 3 :)
  • Options
    monaduncanmonaduncan Posts: 952 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Yes. I hope TS4 has more than TS3 basegame. I will probably play both.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,419 Member
    edited January 2013
    No for me, at least initially. Maybe if the price goes down to 15 dollars I'll get it.

Sims 4 though will probebly have open resturents and I doubt it will be more expensive then sims 3 games are now. The pc requirments however will probebly be much higher.

The graphics would have to be gorgeous like Skyrim or Farcry 3, and the AI would have to be way better for me to justify getting it still. And the base game would have to come with alot of content like the Sims 2 base game did.
  • Options
    Ilovecats1989Ilovecats1989 Posts: 227 Member
    edited January 2013
    most likely but if it needs an internet connection i will stick with the sims 3 i dont know if i will have internet in the near future if they make it with some online features that can just be shut off like how simport is that would be fine but i dont want to be forced to play online
  • Options
    KimberleyKimberley Posts: 392 Member
    edited January 2013
    Definitely. I've followed The Sims since day one, and I aren't going to stop now.
  • Options
    ltd2mp87ltd2mp87 Posts: 728 Member
    edited January 2013
    Of course I will be playing. We all will be, even the people who are now complaining stuff like "I spent so much time and money on TS3 that there is no way i'm going to S4". Yea, we've all spent so much time and money on this, but we did on S1 and S2 too, and just like we moved on from S1 to S2 and then to S3, we will also move on to TS4.
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited January 2013
    Probably not.

I am not worried about my laptop handling sims4 because I got a new one last year.
    There are so many things i havent done in sims3 yet and I have invested too much in it to let go.

The same thing happened when I had all the sims 2 and sims3 came out.I had unfinished things in sims2 and didnt want to get sims3 but I did.

I for one, hope they take their time bringing sims4 so i dont feel tempted!.
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited January 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:
    Nope. I do not intend to start again from scratch.

I'am happy with TS3, I invested so much money in that game. I do not care for TS4.

This is exactly how I feel, not to mention the amount of bugs and glitches with this game that EA still need to address!
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    edited January 2013
    I have to wait and see what it has to offer. Sims 1 was fun, but sims 2 was a big jump in play style, customization and graphics so definitely was a great investment and added to the fun. Sims 2 was fun and I hesitated to go to sims 3, but the more I heard about the seamless neighborhood, and having the town grow up around you and not have loading screens to me was a big improvement, so it was worth it to me for that reason. Now sims 4 would really have to up their game and offer something so compelling and new over sims 3 that I could not live without it. If it is going to be similar to what we have now, but adding online features definitely not! I might wait for them to release the base game and the first ep, because if the eps for sims 4 are going to be like the last three games redos of what we have now except for pets and weather which I absolutely need in the sims game lol, then I probably will play the sims 1, sims 2, and 3 exclusively.
  • Options
    LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Some may say I would be coming late to the party but I have found that quite often one has more fun arriving fashionably late versus arriving right on time.
    I love this quote. I live by a similar thing. :D
  • Options
    KatiardguezKatiardguez Posts: 640 Member
    edited January 2013
    Most definitely yes! :)
  • Options
    Hotty5009Hotty5009 Posts: 3,895 Member
    edited January 2013
    Huge yes!
  • Options
    DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited January 2013
    I've spent a ludicrous amount of money on the Sims 3 franchise, so it pains me to think about leaving it behind. I'd like to think that I would have the willpower to say no to Sims 4...

but I also have "OoOoOOO SHINY!" syndrome, so more than likely it will be in my posession on release day whether I really want it or not.
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • Options
    meluna_vampiremeluna_vampire Posts: 17 New Member
    edited January 2013
    I want to say that if it has a required internet connection, that I wouldn't get it because this is something I definitely don't want..

But, then again, I've been around since Sims 1. Even if it has a required internet connection to play, I'm sure I'll buy it anyway. I just hope that the base game has more to it than Sims 3 did. I remember buying Sims 2 and played for hours on end with the base game alone; but when Sims 3 came out I got bored very easily.