Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited January 2013
    NYAJohnny wrote:
    Hi guys I wonder if anyone could help me? I recently got Seasons and now when I play on my Los Aniegos world I experience a massive lag. Previously Los Aniegos was fine on my computer. I have reduced my graphics quality to medium and taken off smooth edges, deleted temp files and downloaded Razer Game Booster and none of this has helped. Does anyone have any advice of what I could do?

Have you tried installing twallan's Traffic mod and shutting off Performance Limousines?

It looks as if you partitioned your primary hard disk and your C:\ drive is less than 100 GB and you installed Sims 3 to the D:\ drive?
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Options
    CountDonCountDon Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    Weird Seasons Error?

Why are the simkids trick-or-treating in Snowflake Day? Shouldn't they do it on Halloween?

It must be an error, cause the simkid (Wilhemina Wolff) looks all messed up. Surely this cannot be a normal simkid. And no simkid would go trick-or-treating in winter.

Screenshot-1422_zpse461ab38.jpg

Oh, and when she walks, she doesn't actually walk, she slides. And she also teleported back to the place she started walking from at one part.

Screenshot-1425_zps596de71e.jpg

She looks like a teen in a simkid body.
  • Options
    MorganaFeyMorganaFey Posts: 117 New Member
    edited January 2013
    Don't necessarily think this is a "bug" or a "glitch" as much as an oversight.

Whenever I try to display the Greeting Card photos my sims get from the festival booth, for some reason it seems to take up too much space. When it's on the wall, my sims can't walk around it. If it's sitting on a dresser, my sim complains there's something in the way and he can't use the dresser.

I'd like to put these photos on display in my Sims house, but I'd also like them to be able to use their house.
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited January 2013
    Can anyone tell me if the this is a bug or a change in how the game recognizes public and privately owned areas on a residential lot?

It seems that a fenced in area is the only area you can edit now on any lot. In order to edit outside of the fenced area, you have to enter in the RestrictBuildBuyinBuildings cheat.

I mean, I can't even enter CAS for the fence without entering that cheat!

Oh well, not like it matters. crinrict took me off her friends list AND she's not updating this thread. So I doubt it will get fixed by the time University comes out. I guess I'll just test the bug there again to see if it is a hold over or not.

Stupid me for playing mod-free...
  • Options
    NameGaniNameGani Posts: 57 Member
    edited January 2013
    So it's extremely obvious that EA no longer cares about this and I suppose we're on our own to fix these glitches. So does anyone know what the heck happened to the awards for after school activities? The kids get the opportunity, they accept but there's no option to go to the school for it...so no scout ceremony or ballet recital.

For some reason it has to do with the three rabbitholes on one location. The most common answer is to get rid of that building and put down three seperate rabbit holes to fix the issue.

I had the same issue and when I started a new game (for other reasons) I switched to another town and have had no issues, even with a double rabbit hole building.
  • Options
    KaiRedfernKaiRedfern Posts: 11
    edited January 2013
    The plant thing is still happening to me, where you harvest them once then they don't bear fruit again- also the harvesting glitch where they can only harvest one plant then sort of glitch pop up.

There may be a fix for this, I've got the most recent downloads/patches that the launcher has prompted me to download. Help?
  • Options
    SkippyCat26SkippyCat26 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Sorry if this is not n the right place but my child sim got sick in the middle of summer. I thought sims could only get sick in the winter???? But anyway I had him miss school and he will have to miss school again he got scolded for skipping school. He shouldn't have gone right? He needs to stay home and rest?? Thanks
  • Options
    gotcandacegotcandace Posts: 24
    edited February 2013
    Bought seasons when it first came out, had no problems with it until today. The game crashes after building a house.
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited February 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? Twallen mods, velocity grass mods, and jenesis mods.
    2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods? MasterController, Register, Traffic, StoryProgression, Overwatch
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) N/A
    4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ? Yes
    5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ? Seasons
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ? the latest version 1.48
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? new and existing
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Pre-made
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? Sunset Valley
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) Vista
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? DVD

There's routing issues in general ever since Seasons has been out. There are certain places in the EA worlds/Store and Custom worlds where my sims will get out of their vehicles and then walk over a little and get back in their vehicle to get to their destination. I can't think of what else could be causing this besides it being because of Seasons.

Edit: Good example is Lunar Lakes. I'm playing the Loveland household all the way up that mountain and by that little lake. She has to get out of her vehicle THREE times before she gets to her job at the movie theater portal. It's doing this even with the UFO vehicle that I got her.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    morgana644morgana644 Posts: 10
    edited February 2013
    Without seasons, sims 3 was sooooo boooriing!!!!! Always sun,sun,sun!!!!! Now it's soooo better!!! :thumbup: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    edited February 2013
    some I haven't seen on mention on the first page that I see in game are:

neighbourhood teen sims that go trick or treating,still wear their spooky day costumes year long. And you have to manually go round changing them out of them, every year.(2 yrs running now grrrrrr :x :evil:

sims can't freeze to death = sims freeze, get moodlet showing they are freezing but just lie there for a day or two, slowly getting hungery.

sims don't get tanned or burnt by the sun, or death by sun.

temperature that doesn't fit the season (29c in fall, 21c one day from winter?)

swimming in rivers can lead to sim getting stuck in the water, but never drowns or dies.

no make pumpkin pie option for any sims (level 5 or above or below)

leaves on ground all year long.

all festivals are poorly attended, with only 1 or 2 other sims, who leave quickly.

snow on ground after a while starts to effect game- in build mode no snow, but when changing back to live mode it appears in patches then loads probably.

at festivals the snack bar food doesn't work, sims buy the food but can't eat it (doughnuts, coffee etc)

in appaloosa falls the photobooth hasn't enough space around it so onlly 3 or 4 sims can get into it at one time.

Somebody might of already mentioned these issues or not, sorry if i missed that.

Really hope the issues are fixed before university life come out :roll: - otherwise my game have a meltdown!
  • Options
    br00kie1br00kie1 Posts: 119 Member
    edited February 2013
    CountDon wrote:
    Weird Seasons Error?

Why are the simkids trick-or-treating in Snowflake Day? Shouldn't they do it on Halloween?

It must be an error, cause the simkid (Wilhemina Wolff) looks all messed up. Surely this cannot be a normal simkid. And no simkid would go trick-or-treating in winter.

Screenshot-1422_zpse461ab38.jpg

Oh, and when she walks, she doesn't actually walk, she slides. And she also teleported back to the place she started walking from at one part.

Screenshot-1425_zps596de71e.jpg

She looks like a teen in a simkid body.

yep I've had sim dwarves for quite a while. Not just seasons, basically the sim hasn't grown up properly - to fix it just enter the house and use the testingcheats, to edit in cas.

for trick or treating at christmas, yeah my game has that. They keep trick or treating whenever they feel like it, summer, fall, winter. and they're wearing the costumes all the time.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited February 2013
    My weather and temps are messed up.

Winter: 78 and snowing...
    Winter: 78 and raining
    Winter: 92 and thunder
    Spring: 43 and snowing
    Spring 15 and raining
    Summer; 87 and snowing
    Summer: 25 and snowing
  • Options
    theevilwritertheevilwriter Posts: 13 New Member
    edited February 2013
    My adult sims got one of those free vacation oportunities, and I clicked on "yes" without thinking, figuring a teen would look after the kids. She did.

But one of the men had been abducted, gotten the unexpected weight gain moodlet, and got fat just before they went on vacation. He came back slim and is clearly no longer pregnant.

Did the game eat the baby, or did he have it while away? Any way to get it back?
  • Options
    YzzyBellYzzyBell Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2013
    Msalexbby wrote:
    I am getting seriously frustrated with this, because I have looked everywhere from an answer and I would appreciate feed back if possible. I am no longer able to ask a sim to move in, ask to marry, or get married. I get every other romance interaction except to marry or move in. This is starting to get on my nerves because like I said I have looked everywhere. And I have disabled cc and deleted the mod from my game. I have also deleted catches. So if there is another way to fix this can anyone please help.

I was having that problem too. I don't know if this will help, but have any of the sims you're trying to get married die and are either ghosts or were brought back by some other means? For some reason in my game if a sim dies they will not be allowed to be married even if brought back to full sim with ambrosia for instance. Hope it helps but if it is whats going wrong in your game I got bad news for you because I haven't found a fix for it.
  • Options
    Zalotus15Zalotus15 Posts: 5
    edited February 2013
    I just got the Seasons expansion pack and I already have Supernatural installed.Every time i try to play the game, it minimizes and says "Windows has detected a problem with Sims 3 and is closing the program" , Something like that. I never had this problem before I installed Seasons. I don't have any mods either. I also tried uninstalling Seasons but now my Supernatural doesn't work either. I just want to get this fixed, I'm worried for my Supernatural Sims that i already have, will I be able to play them again? Has anyone fixed this problem with Seasons yet? Please help ):

Additional Info:
    I have Windows 7
    Supernatural and Seasons are the only Sims I have ever installed
    I have never downloaded any mods
  • Options
    Devoni78Devoni78 Posts: 21 Member
    edited February 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? NONE
    2. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) NO
    3. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch? Seasons
    4. Which Patch Level are you at? - 17.0.77.020001
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? New Game
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? New Sims
    7. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom ? EA - Sunset Valley
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Windows 7
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? I have discs for the base game, all stuff packs and all EP's (except Showtime, which I downlowded via Origin).

Problem: When building a new house in the game, if you build with a foundation the game crashes when you try to save. I seemed to have found a work around for now (don't use the foundation feature), but I'd like to have this option work. Hope it gets fixed.
  • Options
    TSG715TSG715 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Annoying bug.

Sims work schedule messed up. It keeps saying you dont work for another 3 days. EVERYDAY!

Previously had most expansions installed when first encountered issue. Uninstalled the entire series. Re-installed only the base game. Still experiencing the problem.

Started noticing this shortly after last update.
  • Options
    midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited February 2013
    Ever since seasons/80's my game has been lagging, in live mode sometimes the sim freezes for a second, the worst is in buy mod or build mode, lags or takes forever to use the create tool, this is a joke. I have a top of the range pc and dont tell me it that, its this fricking game always with every new pack/stuff issues, never any fixes and yet there bring them out to early without even looking at the previous bugs and glitches, money thats all it is, sod the game, money money money.

Also it's time to wrap up when you have to use community mods to fix the game, enough said.
  • Options
    RonnaRonna Posts: 4 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I have an issue with my game. Not big but its still an issue. Sometimes my sims and pets get stuck or sometimes my horses jumps in the house or when they are in there stables one horse appears to be outside the yard and don't want to do anything. I have to wait until the horse gets unstuck. But I let them go because I didn't like the problem but with other households there aren't any problems. This issue is not an mod or cc problem but I think its an EA problem. Because I did try without cc or mods and still the same effect. And sometimes my sims or pets freezes with an object. what I do is I just move the sims in edit town and put them back. And I was wondering why my sims don't want to dance like they use to when late night came out. I make my sims dance a long time but they don't want to change there dance moves. why is that?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2013
    Crin there is a bug that causes sims not to cool down when they swim. The moodlet just won't disappear unless you cheat by removing the moodlet or taking the temp below 80. It's the one were sims get too hot.

There is a whole thead on this bug in the Island Paradise forums and I have expeirenced it myself.

Thread
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/648643.page
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?

Yes- Relativity, Overwatch, SP, MC, Townies on the town, Auto Romance, Carpool Disabler

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods

Yes.About 90% are twallans.

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) -using mods now-

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    Of course! And I waited a week before reinstalling them after they were updated.

5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ? Both

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    New game.

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Newly created.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Custom- but my issue happens in EA worlds to.

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Windows 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.

Digital.

My sim can't redeeem her festival tickets.She earned 30 and went to get prizes, and all the prizes were grayed out and said she had 0.I sold them and earnes 25 more, again couldn't redeem them.
  • Options
    BonabopnBonabopn Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2013
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    No.
    3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    Never used them.
    5. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch ?
    Yes, i have every expansion up to Seasons (no stuff packs).
    6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    No idea, but i checked for updates today already and it should be up to date.
    7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Existing.
    8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Existing.
    9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Custom.
    10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)
    Windows 7.
    11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game.
    DVD.

My werewolf sim managed to find about 70 extraordinarily unusual bugs (and lots of common ones) while hunting solo, but only two rares and no uncommons. Gems and metals were not affected by this problem.

After getting the Hardly Hunger lifetime reward, the Hungry moodlet will say up to 3h, but counts down a lot slower than three hours.

Also, my sims and npc sims can't reach a lot of the residential lots in my home-made town, they just complain about not being able to reach it. A temporary fix is to manually walk to the edge of the lot and then walk onto the lot, and vice versa for leaving. I'm assuming there's a problem with the way i made the town, but i have no idea.

After digging a hole with Ambitions' Miner and finding a cavern, my sim will exit the cavern when their Fun is full, complete with loot from the trip. Sending the sim back in immediately will make them enter and exit instantly, with more loot. This does not exhaust the cavern as fast as it should, and my sim managed to escape with at least 40 attempts' worth of loot.

Finding ores/metals in Rabbitholes such as the miner's holes do not count toward the collecting journal.

After getting the Immune to Cold lifetime reward, my sim gets confused about what to wear. She leaves her house during heavy snow wearing Everyday clothes (sometimes pyjamas). When she returns home, she puts on her formal clothes. If she arrives at a party, she switches to formal clothes regardless of the party's theme, and then into the party's chosen clothing theme.

Annoyances:
    Paparazzi also don't change clothes when burnt/scorched/whatever-that's-called.

My sims will eat outside during rain or snow, despite the inside dining table being closer.

NPC sims have pool parties/swimwear parties when they have no pool.

NPC sims won't stop sending love letters/gifts. There should be a way to deny them so they'll stop, at least temporarily.

After buying a building, eg the bistro, my sim will get celebrity missions saying that the owner wants them to do a mission for cash. Since when did my sim have D.I.D. and where is this money coming from?
  • Options
    Devoni78Devoni78 Posts: 21 Member
    edited March 2013
    Devoni78 wrote:
    1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods? NONE
    2. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) NO
    3. Do you have Seasons or just the Patch? Seasons
    4. Which Patch Level are you at? - 17.0.77.020001
    5. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones? New Game
    6. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made? New Sims
    7. What town are you currently playing? EA or Custom ? EA - Sunset Valley
    8. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7)? Windows 7
    9. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game? I have discs for the base game, all stuff packs and all EP's (except Showtime, which I downlowded via Origin).

Problem: When building a new house in the game, if you build with a foundation the game crashes when you try to save. I seemed to have found a work around for now (don't use the foundation feature), but I'd like to have this option work. Hope it gets fixed.

Wasn't the recent software update supposed to fix this?? I updated and tried a foundation, same crash happened. :(
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited March 2013
    Has anybody else noticed their fireflies not spawning since Seasons? I just realized I haven't seen any fireflies since I got that EP. I've got all EPs/SPs and am fully patched.

ETA: Apparently the problem was an outdated resource.cfg file from 2010. I've updated it to the latest trustworthy one I could find online (dated 06/2011), and things look much improved--I'm spawning a nice normal number of butterflies and I'm finally seeing will-o-the-wisps again (before I was barely spawning any butterflies and no will-o-the-wisps at all). I'm going to monitor the fix and see if it worked.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top