Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Artful Adobe Fireplace not showing up - cause discovered. Gurus please fix

As the thread title says. I'm just today catching up with the latest releases and unfortunately, this item is "installing" but not showing up in game. It's showing as installed, is listed in installed content but just isn't there. Is this the same as our BahHaus fence? :roll:

When loading the game after installing I get the "some objects could not be loaded and were replaced" error message.

Anyone else? :x

Edit: I've discovered the cause!

Each Sims3Pack file contains and OBJD portion which basically tells the game which categories to make this fireplace appear in-game.

The individual download file for this fireplace is set to NOT appear in the catalogue. Therefore even if it's installed, it still won't appear in the game.

Since I normally download my files separately (as individual items) and install them that way, my assumption is the version of the file included in the Fiesta set download is coded properly and the one set for individual download is the one that is wrong.

Comments

• Options
    MsrednotdeadMsrednotdead Posts: 9,215 Member
    edited May 2012
    Is that the one from the Fiesta Set, if so Iv'e had no problem with it so far.... aparat from the fire being in the wrong place and causing a fire at my bathcelor party and killing half of my guests lol
  • Options
    MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    edited May 2012
    Yeah that's the one.

I also tried installing it on its own in a new Sims 3 directory. No joy. It's just not appearing.

Can anyone else comment? I'd rather not have to go through EA's "help" since they could do nothing at all when this happened with the fence.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited May 2012
    It was showing up fine for me when I took the pics for the Store Browser. Have not really played with it.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Bump for the gurus to hopefully see.

Sorry guys but customer service didn't help me last time with the fence and you guys acknowledged that you're working on a fix.

This seems to be the same issue.
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited May 2012
    Hey MrHawk

I just opened my game to check in the catalog and it's listed there, I hope you manage to get it sorted! I bought the BahHaus set when it was in sale in March and I woud very much like my fence that I paid for, they are certainly taking their time with this promised Store patch! I had to uninstall the Technophobe No More last night because the first time the chair they forgot about was missing however when I reinstalled it somehow my Fryer disappeared! Luckily reinstalling the Fiesta set brought it back don't know why just the Fryer disappeared anywayI know how frustrating it is when items disappear or aren't there at all so here's a bump for your thread :?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2012
    Neither are missing from my catalogue. I never had a problem either with the fence, but nope the fireplace has been in place since I installed that set the day it came out.

I wonder if mine always stay put because the fence I have in several of my builds I keep in my library - and the fireplace i have in at least 3 houses in two different neighborhoods that I added just since this set came out. But I don't tend to get things missing anyway since I started keep my dccbackup and dccache folders up to date every other play session. Of course in my case both items appeared ingame as they should have from the first. If I recall you have had an ongoing problem with that fence never showing - right?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    MatriarchMatriarch Posts: 85 Member
    edited May 2012
    My fireplace is intact
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Neither are missing from my catalogue. I never had a problem either with the fence, but nope the fireplace has been in place since I installed that set the day it came out.

I wonder if mine always stay put because the fence I have in several of my builds I keep in my library - and the fireplace i have in at least 3 houses in two different neighborhoods that I added just since this set came out. But I don't tend to get things missing anyway since I started keep my dccbackup and dccache folders up to date every other play session. Of course in my case both items appeared ingame as they should have from the first. If I recall you have had an ongoing problem with that fence never showing - right?

Hiya Writin_Reg.

Strangely enough the fence reappeared for a while then completely disappeared again a few days later. This one's just never appeared at all, even trying a vanilla folder with that as the only installation.

I have no idea what's going on and apparently I'm the only one with this problem

Thank you everyone for your responses. I guess I'll just have to brave customer sarcasm/Service/endsarcasm.

This game, I SWEAR :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I can imagine it has to be aggravating for sure - both missing stuff and dealing with CS. I don't think you are alone though as I have read that others are often missing stuff since Generations. Granted I don't know what exactly, but i do know others have also been missing that fence. It's just plain weird why some, but not all have this happening. I wish you luck though in getting some kind of satisfaction or answers, as I'd be furious if I owned stuff that didn't appear in my game. i think you have been rather good hearted about it all considering how long you have been looking for answers.

I truly feel bad for you Mr. Hawk.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited May 2012
    miklc wrote:
    Hey MrHawk

I just opened my game to check in the catalog and it's listed there, I hope you manage to get it sorted! I bought the BahHaus set when it was in sale in March and I woud very much like my fence that I paid for, they are certainly taking their time with this promised Store patch! I had to uninstall the Technophobe No More last night because the first time the chair they forgot about was missing however when I reinstalled it somehow my Fryer disappeared! Luckily reinstalling the Fiesta set brought it back don't know why just the Fryer disappeared anywayI know how frustrating it is when items disappear or aren't there at all so here's a bump for your thread :?

I had the very same thing happen today. I also uninstalled the Technophobe set to install the one with the missing chair, opened my game and the fryer and a couple of plants from the Fiesta set was missing. I hate getting the "some objects were missing..." message. I have to spend precious time looking for the missing items and reinstall it. I have never had so many problems with the store items before. I have a couple of others that uninstall all the time too.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    blewis823 I really hope you get it sorted.

No joy on my end.

I swear I'm THIS close to busting out the pitchforks and torches :lol:

simpsons-angry-mob-run.jpg
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2012
    My Grandmother had the problem with the fence. She downloaded it as part of a set. Nothing she did would get it working. So she finally went to live chat.

They did nothing for her. Strangely the item doesn't show as purchased through her purchase history even though the item was bought as part of the set. So I told her to try again and this time ask for enough points to be added to her account so that she could buy the fence by itself.

The CS Rep did do that. She bought the fence and installed it. The fence now works with no problem.

So I am wondering... when you click on the fence by itself in the store, does it show purchased? If not, ask EA to do what they did for my Grams.

~ Good luck

ps: My fiesta fireplace shows up and does work.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Yep, both show up as purchased and owned. There's just no explanation for it.

Thank you for the suggestion, though, Piddlesim. Much appeciated.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Update.

Interestingly enough, it has also uninstalled some hairstyles from the Sun, Surf and Sand sets.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited May 2012
    It's always the same bug like back then where store content will frequently uninstall stuff for no reason.

Some players will have it, and others will be fine.

I think it just happens :\
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited May 2012
    Is that the one from the Fiesta Set, if so Iv'e had no problem with it so far.... aparat from the fire being in the wrong place and causing a fire at my bathcelor party and killing half of my guests lol

:lol:

I'm sorry to hear this MrHawk. <=( Mine shows up fine too. Is there an individual link? If so have you tried installing again from the individual link again? I hope it gets cleared up for you!
    I haven't had a lot of time to check for missing stuff (from the store) but one thing that bugs me, and I don't know if anyone has the same problem. The little pair of tennis shoes decor that came with either Generations or Ambitions has completely vanished from my game for the longest time now. =( I really liked that cute little pair of tennis shoes decor.
  • Options
    SimplyMe1718SimplyMe1718 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Those tennis shoes are missing from my game as well. It's been missing since I installed pets. I uninstalled and reinstalled Generations and they just won't show up in my game...weird.

@MrHawk...a few days ago some items from the fiesta set uninstalled itself from my game. I reinstalled and it's showing up again. The fireplace is also woking for me too. I do hope your issues get resolved.
  • Options
    piddlesimpiddlesim Posts: 3,251 Member
    edited May 2012
    I just posted this in another thread. But I have been having the uninstall issues with the deep fryer. It came with the Fiesta set. I wonder if there is a problem with that set?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I had no idea about the tennis shoes! *goes to check game*

#^%! What the hell?

OK I really have a serious problem with this. What on earth are they doing on a programming side to reach into content that we've already paid for and delete things?

Y'know, when I go to the store and do the grocery shopping, I do it on the assumption that the things I buy are for me. I don't expect the grocery clerk to walk into my house, open my fridge and eat my food.

Why is this OK for EA employees?

I want my stuff back now. My fence, my fireplace and my flippin' tennis shoes.

I'm sick of this. I'm writing to headquarters. The development team is a disgrace.

Edit: Just wrote to the head of the customer experience program. Any money I dont' get a response.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hey, those tennis shoes - are those the decorative ones that came with Town life for the gym? I have those - but i am wondering if those are the ones or are there some other ones in decor you guys are talking about. Everytime someone mentions something I do go check - gosh there is so much decor in here - Thanks to anyone who knows.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited May 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    I had no idea about the tennis shoes! *goes to check game*

#^%! What the hell?

OK I really have a serious problem with this. What on earth are they doing on a programming side to reach into content that we've already paid for and delete things?

Y'know, when I go to the store and do the grocery shopping, I do it on the assumption that the things I buy are for me. I don't expect the grocery clerk to walk into my house, open my fridge and eat my food.

Why is this OK for EA employees?

I want my stuff back now. My fence, my fireplace and my flippin' tennis shoes.

I'm sick of this. I'm writing to headquarters. The development team is a disgrace.

Edit: Just wrote to the head of the customer experience program. Any money I dont' get a response.

Wait, wait, wait. By tennis shoes, do you mean a decorative tennis shoe object? Not, like, a CAS option? Because I haven't been able to find the decorative tennis shoes for months - I loved using them as entryway clutter near a coat rack or bench. I thought I was just having a hard time finding them in my huge Misc decor section or that I was misremembering having the object at all. I'm both really glad my brain isn't playing tricks on me and very annoyed that objects are uninstalling/hiding themselves.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Yep, there was a pair of tennis shoes that came with Generations. They should be under misc décor but guess they're gone.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited May 2012
    MrHawk wrote:
    Yep, there was a pair of tennis shoes that came with Generations. They should be under misc décor but guess they're gone.

Benny's Tennies?

I found them in the Kids > All if that's what you are referring to.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    AznSensei wrote:
    MrHawk wrote:

Benny's Tennies?

I found them in the Kids > All if that's what you are referring to.

Oh bless you! Thank you for finding them.

What a stupid way to categorise them. Why in All search only?

Hear than guys? Azn found 'em!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Forget the flippin' tennis shoes. I want my other crap back. :lol:
  • Options
    citytubecitytube Posts: 458 Member
    edited May 2012
    January is the first time I had the uninstall thing with the launcher. I started over, copied my saves and went on. Things were fine until March...then it happened again. At that time I was still on the 1.29 patch...I started a new folder, reinstalled all the store stuff and went on again...

Then I finally updated to the 1.33 patch, even had my collections folder, and things seemed fine...until I downloaded store items I had bought, but couldn't down load because I did not have the latest patch. Almost at once, things began to uninstall. I sat and watched things disappearing from the installed part of the launcher. It was really odd.

So this time, I downloaded all the store stuff again, but I turned off the internet, and installed in huge globs...of several hundred mgs. All the stuff seems to be in, for a minute. I am done with the store.

I have a good gaming laptop, exceeds all requirements, I do not use origin, except for the launcher to download. I use 3booter and fps. I have used computers since the late 1970s. I've played sims 1, 2 and now 3...this stuff never happened before. EA really needs to get their act together. This store stuff almost seems to be acting like a virus or malware.

I use comodo firewall, avira antivirus and malwarebytes, to keep my machine clean. I understand and use linux and unix, I am not a pro on computers, but I understand them, build them for my family, and install and uninstall windows, linux and unix often.