Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plasma Recipes?

Hello all,
just wondering if there's something I can do to make my sims thirst bar stay filled longer? Should I level up their cooking skills and try to cook with some high quality plasma fruit? What recipes can I make? (thinking pancakes, as long as there are some plasma fruits in the fridge..) I don't want to waste time working on cooking skills for vamps who don't really Eat.
Any suggestions? :?:

Comments

• Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited December 2010
    Plasma pancakes, plasma chowder, plasma bar juice (I think, but you need to master a special skill challenge if it's real), plasma nectar, plasma juice and I think that is it.
  • Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited December 2010
    Plasma cobbler and crepes. The BEST is drinking from a lover. Keeps the vamp sated a long time. Perfect plasma fruit is next, then it goes down form there, juice being the worst.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited December 2010
    Can vamps make plasma chowder at home? Cuz that would be cool.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited December 2010
    Wow, I have not even played a vampire yet, not explored the plasma thingy at all. Had no idea there are plasma recipes, thanx for posting!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, it's trial and erro, all you can do is have the vamp have plasma fruit in inventory then make different things to see what he uses plasma fruit in. Once you find them, your vampire can eat food and satisfy his thirst again with something homemade, not just juice and fruit and not from the food truck.

Mine like the cobbler best, but humans also eat it when he makes it and, they get sick from eating it.
  • Options
    Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Can we get some tips on how to grow plasma fruit? Do you have to be a vampire to grow it? I have a non vampire sim that has mastered gardening and yet cannot plant plasma fruit. :( I had hoped they could grow it for their vampire spouse.
  • Options
    ThatAmiThatAmi Posts: 454 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Vampires find it easier to make friends at night, make a sim think about you before going and talking to them.
    Then get your new friend to move in with you and they can clean your home while your out clubbing and be your own personal plasma source 24:7.

I like to form groups with my enslaved simmies and take them everywhere. They even have the same job as me!
  • Options
    Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited December 2010
    ThatAmi wrote:
    Vampires find it easier to make friends at night, make a sim think about you before going and talking to them.
    Then get your new friend to move in with you and they can clean your home while your out clubbing and be your own personal plasma source 24:7.

I like to form groups with my enslaved simmies and take them everywhere. They even have the same job as me!

I think you posted in the wrong thread. *shakes a fist a Liam*
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited December 2010
    also get them the hardly hungry reward
    they will only need food or juice every few days then
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    No, anyone can grow plasma fruits with gardening 8 or better, they are special seeds. You can buy and plant the fruits form the store or find seeds, the pulse red like the fruits so east to identify.

Once you get them, you will get only 4 fruits before the pland dies so save one to replant. ALWAYS use the best fertilzer, usually that is another plasma fruit. Keep going, each plant generation will get better until you get to perfect, that's what to feed a vampire with. One fruit give the sated for 8 hours and a good 3-4 more before they need to feed again so 12 hours easily, 24 if you have the hardly hungry reward.
  • Options
    jdizzleforshizzlejdizzleforshizzle Posts: 43 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I usually have vamps snack on the plasma fruits in their inventory but sometimes I switch it up by having them cook. So far the only recipes I've tried are Plasma Fruit Pancakes and Plasma Cobbler.. :?
  • Options
    Pipkin08Pipkin08 Posts: 65 Member
    edited December 2010
    :-)Further to what DarkAmaranth1966 added about the plasma seeds pulsating red they are also the "special" seeds rather than the common or rare. Also have noted that they can be used in making nectar :!: :thumbup: Happy New Year for the land downunder.
  • Options
    Pipkin08Pipkin08 Posts: 65 Member
    edited December 2010
    :oops: sorry DarkAmaranth1966 saw that you had already said they were special seeds just after submitting my post :!: the bit about nectar making stands though ;-)
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited December 2010
    If normal sims drink nectar made from Plasma fruits, will it make them barf? Just wondering. :twisted:
  • Options
    BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited December 2010
    All of my sims only eat twice a day and thats more than enough... :/
    You can buy some plasma fruits and then just have them in your inventory, so if you sim suddenly become hungry, you can just eat one from your inventory.
  • Options
    clubersclubers Posts: 7,958 Member
    edited December 2010
    No, anyone can grow plasma fruits with gardening 8 or better, they are special seeds. You can buy and plant the fruits form the store or find seeds, the pulse red like the fruits so east to identify.

Once you get them, you will get only 4 fruits before the pland dies so save one to replant. ALWAYS use the best fertilzer, usually that is another plasma fruit. Keep going, each plant generation will get better until you get to perfect, that's what to feed a vampire with. One fruit give the sated for 8 hours and a good 3-4 more before they need to feed again so 12 hours easily, 24 if you have the hardly hungry reward.

I beleive it is level 7, and if you move to another house while the plasma plant is an adult and turn it into a community lot, the plant will turn wild so it will live forever.
  • Options
    PamperedWabbitPamperedWabbit Posts: 80 Member
    edited January 2011
    Thanks to everyone who posted a reply to my original question about recipes!! I do have perfect plasma fruit and plants.. my main sim is a super green thumb gardener/vampire. (She gets a bit ticked off at me for making her garden in the sun at times, but such is life!!)
    I'm going to experiment with the different food options, and hope that she makes some yummy foods. Looks like I might be picking up that reward too, so she doesn't have to eat tooo much!!
    Happy New Year everyone! :!:
  • Options
    ArrancarX5ArrancarX5 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited April 2013
    My Sim is a Vampire Cook, she lives with two other sims, one werewolf, one who is still totally human, Rose doesn't know about Yuki's "Cooking" Since it smells of fresh plasma fruit, but. Yuki eats the leftovers she makes for herself, currently in their household fridge is a stack of plasma fruit pancakes and cobbler, the pancakes are nice quality, while the cobbler is great quality. I dare NOT feed my werewolf plasma fruit, as I dare not find out what happens when a werewolf attempts to eat plasma fruit.
  • Options
    lupusrex180lupusrex180 Posts: 644 Member
    edited April 2013
    A vampire feeding on something other than the quick fridge drink gets one of two moodlets:

Sated (+15) by drinking from any Sim (including a lover) or having a plasma fruit that is Nice through Outstanding.

Sanguine Snack (+50) by eating a perfect fruit or by drinking from the person who becomes their target after using Hunt.

If you get the +50 moodlet, your thirst will not start to decrease again until 8 sim-hours have passed. Along with Hardly Hungry you don't have to drink much then.

Yes, nectar containing even one plasma fruit will make a non-vampire nauseous.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    edited June 2019

@UndeadNinjabit, EA_Cian is no longer with the site now. Plus this is an old thread for Sims 3 vampires, so I'm not sure if the same info would work for Sims 4 vampires.
    Post edited by lisasc360 on