Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

help!! desperately trying to find an item - manhole cover

I do wish EA would name things by what they are its so frustrating!! I am building large village and need a floor drain or as we call it in the Uk a manhole cover, its round, and I know the game has one as I have seen it before but can I find it or even what catergorie it could possibly be in??? driving me up the wall as I have finished my village just need these manhole covers! If anyone could put me out of my misery I would be so grateful thank you!!!

Comments

• Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 338 Member
    foxybilly wrote: »
    I do wish EA would name things by what they are its so frustrating!! I am building large village and need a floor drain or as we call it in the Uk a manhole cover, its round, and I know the game has one as I have seen it before but can I find it or even what catergorie it could possibly be in??? driving me up the wall as I have finished my village just need these manhole covers! If anyone could put me out of my misery I would be so grateful thank you!!!

@foxybilly
    Not at my PC right now, but have you checked under debug? (Using the bb(dot)showhiddenobjects cheat and the bb(dot)showliveeditobjects cheat)

Most things in debug are just called “DEBUG”, so it might take a bit of scrolling.

If it’s not there, maybe misc. decorations???

Hope you’re able to find it, I know how frustrating it can be looking for a specific object like that.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,961 Member
    Hi @foxybilly do check the amazing buydebug index thread contributed by @Lenny_Ogg
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1011945/best-of-buydebug-with-index/p1

There is a manhole cover in the very first collection of items posted there, is that the one?
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited April 29
    @foxybilly This must be the manhole cover you're looking for. I found a few other related ground items too.
    They're in debug. As mentioned before, use these two cheats (entered one at a time): bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects.

To find them more quickly, here are the item labels you can search for with the two cheats on:
    [DEBUG] streetGCWGSManholeCover 01 in Misc Decorations
    [DEBUG] StreetDeco EP03 TreeGuard 01 in Misc Decorations
    Storm Drain in Misc Decorations
    Large Storm Drain in Misc Decorations
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113984&authkey=%21AGJMjF3VYKGmuOg&width=1920&height=1080
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,380 Member
    edited April 29
    @mightysprite Wow! Thanks for sharing that link to @Lenny_Ogg 's index thread! That is massively useful. How did I ever get this far in my simming life without knowing about it!?!?

I hope that thread is one of the ones transferred over to the new forum.

@foxybilly There are also some more decorated manhole covers from the Snow Escape pack, if you have that one. They're show on this post from Lenny's index: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18338469/#Comment_18338469
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    @GlacierSnow Those Snowy Escape manhole covers are really nice. I bet they could be used in an Asian garden as decorations. 😊
    Thanks to everyone in this thread who shared info. I learned a few things while browsing @Lenny_Ogg's thread and playing around with debug in game last night. 😉 Good question @foxybilly.
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 234 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »
    @foxybilly This must be the manhole cover you're looking for. I found a few other related ground items too.
    They're in debug. As mentioned before, use these two cheats (entered one at a time): bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects.

To find them more quickly, here are the item labels you can search for with the two cheats on:
    [DEBUG] streetGCWGSManholeCover 01 in Misc Decorations
    [DEBUG] StreetDeco EP03 TreeGuard 01 in Misc Decorations
    Storm Drain in Misc Decorations
    Large Storm Drain in Misc Decorations
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2113984&authkey=%21AGJMjF3VYKGmuOg&width=1920&height=1080

Thank you so so much I really appreciate that - helped so much and sorted out my street now! thanks again
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,961 Member
    @GlacierSnow I know! I don't know why some people want to spend so long organizing things for the benefit of the rest of us, but, I am grateful to them <3