Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tired of the errors... so many issues with trying to play TS3

I had gotten a new pc and had to install the EA App. When I did, I couldn't install any of my expansions for months. I complained about it and commented on support pages. A lot of other players had the same issue. Well, last week I went to check on the status... and low and behold I could download them. So I did. And I played them for a couple days. All was well.

I JUST played last night.

I go to play today... and I get the error "Game ownership disabled or deleted".

I click on the link for help, of course it's useless. None of it pertains to me. I have no windows updates. No driver updates. I wasn't banned. I checked my C drive, my game and all my saves are still there. I cleared my cache. Restarted my computer twice. I talked to TWO different reps in chat, both of which went through the same 🐸🐸🐸🐸 script with no help.

I am just sick and tired of going through this with EA and not having any kind of actual support. I get having the chat and following a script, I use to do that for a living. But for crying out loud, man, there's nothing more frustrating than spending the ONLY TWO HOURS of my day I HAVE TO RELAX trying to fix a stupid issue that shouldn't be happening.

I have bought and paid for my Sims games since I was 8 🐸🐸🐸🐸 years old.

Comments

• Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    I feel your pain, especially the part of only having a set hours of the day to relax and then instead having to deal with stuff not working.... I have never had *that* happen to me though, and hopefully I won't, but I've had my share of trouble with the launcher and store content, so much so, that I've just given up on it.. I'll never use the store and the launcher again...

This happening is something that I dread, so I have actually considered looking for the discs of all the expansion packs and an external disc drive and see if there's a way to play the game offline..
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    Came here to see if anyone else is having issues. Everything was mostly fine till this morning. I've been having issues with password loops and after trying everything it seemed to mostly fix itself and now i'm getting the You don't have access error when i try to launch my game. Its ONLY Sims 3. I can launch 2 and 4 just fine...Does EA HATE Sims 3? I thinks so!
  • Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    Most of the time, I do not even see my games in the EA ap anymore. I open the ap, start my game from my desktop, and when I'm done, I repair the game through the ap if it shows up there, in hopes it will stay connected. Most of the time, it doesn't, so it is definitely broken. I still sign in with the launcher, or I can't access half my store stuff (and I own the entire Sims 3 store). I'm not sure EA cares we are having issues. Thankfully, running the game from my desktop shortcut does work, and everything is functional.
  • Options
    Rob1992Rob1992 Posts: 56 Member
    edited April 18
    Came here to see if anyone else is having issues. Everything was mostly fine till this morning. I've been having issues with password loops and after trying everything it seemed to mostly fix itself and now i'm getting the You don't have access error when i try to launch my game. Its ONLY Sims 3. I can launch 2 and 4 just fine...Does EA HATE Sims 3? I thinks so!

They don't hate it, they just don't know how to the handle a game that has a 15 year old online system. The steam version is completely detached from EA's servers and works fine. I'd leave the game and launcher logged out and manually install content instead of relying on the launcher grabbing it from the store. The EA app itself should install the DLC and then you *should* be able to just launch the TS3W.exe in the instalation folder. I think the "you don't have access" bit is a EA app issue that sometimes happens.