Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal Creations Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 954 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    haisin wrote: »
    I love the cross pack compatibility this pack has! Hopefully the distortion bug will be fixed soon. My latest plan was to make some jewellery with Saruman the White, but he is elder and my mermaid is a teen, so the only one who could make and wear jewellery now is my ya werewolf.

Wait so elders and teens cannot make jewellry? If true that's a shame.

@ULIBABA66 oh no, they can make it, but there is a bug that distorts them if they wear it. I think it would be a bit boring to make jewellery, but not be able to wear it, so I guess I'm still waiting before I buy the pack.

This is the bug:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CCSP-Sims-Distorted-after-Using-Selfmade-Jewelry/m-p/13530516
  • Options
    Liquorice_nougatLiquorice_nougat Posts: 3 New Member
    The distortion bug happens to young adults too, and I’m assuming adults, but it only changes the neck thickness.

The neck is a funny area, when I make a teen and then age them up their neck always ends up thicker or default, and sims never seem to inherit their parents’ neck thickness haha.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 954 Member
    The distortion bug happens to young adults too, and I’m assuming adults, but it only changes the neck thickness.

Aww dang... it's sad to hear it affects them too :( Anyway, it's good to know, thanks!
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,098 Member
    Hi @Liquorice_nougat and welcome to the forum :)
  • Options
    Liquorice_nougatLiquorice_nougat Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you muchly @mightysprite 😊
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,218 Member
    edited March 3
    I haven't figured out what mod it is, or if it's a single item of cc, but my gemologist Londyn cannot wear more than one piece of jewelry that she made herself on any outfit unless I click on 'wear with all outfits' which naturally overwrites all the other jewelry that I picked out for her. It's definitely a mod or cc issue because I disabled them, started a brand new save with a brand new sim and I had no problem with the second and third items showing up on her. With Londyn I can click to have her wear a second or third item with a single outfit but those items never show. It says she's wearing them but you can't see them. The only way she can wear so I can see them is if I have her wear it with every outfit. I'm having to fix a lot of outfits.

Aside from that I'm having more fun with this pack than any other over the last couple of years except Werewolves.😁
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    I haven't figured out what mod it is, or if it's a single item of cc, but my gemologist Londyn cannot wear more than one piece of jewelry that she made herself on any outfit unless I click on 'wear with all outfits' which naturally overwrites all the other jewelry that I picked out for her. It's definitely a mod or cc issue because I disabled them, started a brand new save with a brand new sim and I had no problem with the second and third items showing up on her. With Londyn I can click to have her wear a second or third item with a single outfit but those items never show. It says she's wearing them but you can't see them. The only way she can wear so I can see them is if I have her wear it with every outfit. I'm having to fix a lot of outfits.

Aside from that I'm having more fun with this pack than any other over the last couple of years except Werewolves.😁

Did you try adding those items to her swimwear? Some clothes might not show jewelry, even if it's hard to tell visually. Especially CC can be based on an item that would not have shown jewelry at all. Try a swimming suit, or some mini sized EA top/bottom.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,218 Member

Did you try adding those items to her swimwear? Some clothes might not show jewelry, even if it's hard to tell visually. Especially CC can be based on an item that would not have shown jewelry at all. Try a swimming suit, or some mini sized EA top/bottom.

One of the items that wouldn’t show was earrings. I had her put on the bracelet she made first, then the earrings and then the necklace and only the bracelet remained visible. Even though I clicked on wear with this outfit the bracelet remained visible until I clicked remove from all outfits. The first time I tried having her take off the bracelet she would do the spin and the stand in her inventory said she wasn’t wearing it but yet it was still visible on her wrist. When I clicked remove from all then it disappeared.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    Screenshot-20240303-220659-2.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    edited March 4
  • Options
    You're welcome @rosemow. 😊
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,617 Member
    The pack seems good for a stuff pack. Shame about the bugs.
  • Options
    *happydance*
  • Options
    edited March 7
    Crystal Creations fixes

Corrected an issue where Sims’ bodies would gradually change in size each time a Sim put on or took off crafted jewelry. This issue primarily affected Teens, Adults, and Elders. There was minimal impact to Young Adults.
    While this issue will no longer occur, this update does not retroactively fix the appearance of Sims who had already been altered. There are two methods we can suggest for manually restoring your Sims:

You can restore an older save file that was saved prior to any crafted jewelry being worn by your Sims.

On PC/Mac, please visit our video guide or text guide for instructions on restoring older save files.

On PlayStation/Xbox, select “Load Game” from the main menu, and choose an older save file.

You can take your Sim into CAS by using the “Change Sim” interaction on a Mirror or Dresser object, and then manipulate your Sim’s body to reasonably approximate their prior appearance.

For players with The Sims 4 Get to Work, crafted jewelry can now be sold at Retail businesses without being returned to the business owner Sims’ inventory when traveling away from the Retail lot.

If a Sim dies while wearing crafted jewelry, that jewelry will now be disassociated with the now-dead Sim when the jewelry is returned to the household’s inventory.

Updated some combinations of crafting jewelry that were resulting in a gemstone color that did not match the crystal that was selected when crafting.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1013514/critical-updates-for-top-community-issues#latest
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,098 Member
    edited March 7

Patch notes: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-3-6-2024

Fixes to these CCSP bugs:
    - the retail bug
    - the distortion bug
    - the bug with sims dying while wearing crafted jewelry
    - the bug with gemstone colors.

Fixes to these basegame bugs created by the last patch:
    - disappearing moodlets
    - various inventory bugs
    - woohoo interests not showing correctly on profile

Among others.

And they gave a nice shoutout to everyone who reported on AHQ! Thank you all!

If no new bugs appear from CCSP after another week (including if this patch didn't create any.....) then I'll probably buy it.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    The speed of these hot fixes is definitely a positive change. Now let's hope this will happen for other bugs as well. If there are no big problems I might update next week. The only downside will be that awful shopping cart.
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 248 Member

To be honest, I'm at a point where I can't read anything more than manipulation into this. There's a psychological effect that when you help someone you are more likely to like them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Franklin_effect

I'm pretty sure their marketing team is aware of stuff like this. The patch notes are usually very well done and thoughtful (actually it appears they are done with more care than the game code itself). So this is not EA being thankful for community services, but EA wanting us to like them more.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    The speed of these hot fixes is definitely a positive change. Now let's hope this will happen for other bugs as well. If there are no big problems I might update next week. The only downside will be that awful shopping cart.

@Atreya33 if you're on pc & use mods you can download twisted mexi's better build/buy. He updated it to remove, or at least not show, the shopping cart.
  • Options

To be honest, I'm at a point where I can't read anything more than manipulation into this. There's a psychological effect that when you help someone you are more likely to like them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Franklin_effect

I'm pretty sure their marketing team is aware of stuff like this. The patch notes are usually very well done and thoughtful (actually it appears they are done with more care than the game code itself). So this is not EA being thankful for community services, but EA wanting us to like them more.

I think you are thinking way too much :)
    I don't see how EA could choose strategy at all. They had to fix a pack that was totally useless as the core feature was ruining games. We probably got two E-patches just because there were so many complaints. I doubt it has anything to do with "wanting to be liked" - they had no choice, really.

While the past patch notes would often be a fun read, the joking was often coming in the way of the facts, making it harder to actually read the essence of the fixes. I don't mind a little humor here and there, but re patch notes I might prefer the clean text. Besides - "hey, our serious distortion bug destroyed many of your beloved sims, let's make some jokes out of it!" would be rather tasteless.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,532 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

@Atreya33 if you're on pc & use mods you can download twisted mexi's better build/buy. He updated it to remove, or at least not show, the shopping cart.

I am considering to use a mod, yes. But I also thought there was a stand alone one for just this issue.