Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Crystal Creations Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,470 Member
    @DaniRose2143 have build/buy show only cottage living stuff, that's where you'll find it. Then look for his youtube video that has a thumbnail of a chicken in the hat; somewhere in it he checks out chicken clothes & discovers the hat. His reaction is great 🙂.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,538 Member
    I like the fact that this pack isn’t just about making fancy looking jewelry, but about utilizing Crystals specifically, to create objects and wearables with powerful metaphysical properties. It looks really good in my opinion.

New aspiration.

nE7XWUP.png

uXb9I4t.png

OfM8nSQ.png

The nature aspirations are my favorite ones! Summon the Grimm Reaper? Excellent! ☠️

I won’t buy this pack until some of the current game related issues have been properly addressed, but I’m excited about it. It is on my wishlist for sure!

Same! I have a lot of Sims with the Nature aspirations and of course, I have a special love for Grim.

This pack is also the perfect companion to all of my favorite game packs, it will compliment them and fill in some gaps beautifully. This will probably be one of my favorites, when I get it. Unfortunately, I haven't updated yet, waiting to see what happens with the cart controversy, and need updated mods, but with Bienchen stating she's not moving forward at this time, and since I really need her no phone use mod to enjoy my game, I'm kind of stuck in stasis. It bums me out (for many reasons) but also, I don't want this pack to get low sales because it's got mystical elements that I would love to have more of, and I don't want EA algorithms to think people aren't interested in the content. :'(

I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you guys for now, enjoying your posts in this thread. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,962 Member
    I really like all these options.

Though I will say that if your sim is already wearing an accessory, equipping jewelry will remove it. Removing the jewelry won't restore previous accessory, so careful in that.

Still, I'd love to see the potential for rings to be used as wedding rings. Without having to go through CAS to manually equip it to every outfit...
  • Options
    I'm really glad to see more rings and bracelets, especially rings. It feels like we've had the same eight rings (estimate, didn't count :s ) since forever. I can usually find a necklace with no problems but I stopped giving my Sims rings to wear a long time ago because most of them are either too plain or too gaudy. The right ring on a sleek, velvet glove or an imperfect hand can add loads of character to a Sim.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,098 Member
    bang bang bang

The mightysprite drum (and any participating band members) are here to say that so far there are no serious bugs reported having to do with this pack, so far, as far as I know!
    There is one person who got a lastexception when placing a ring on the grid thing, but didn't report any gameplay issues, just the lastexception, and no me-toos on that one.

The mightysprite drum will continue to monitor for another week or two.

bang bang bang

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    Thanks for your report @mightysprite I'm still waiting for a few mods to be updated but I'm hoping I'll be able to buy this by at least Monday. I can't wait. :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    Isabel crafts her first piece of jewelry. She chose the Basic Bracelet in silver.
    She had silver in her inventory so there was no charge for the metal.

Af6TYEM.png

Vad9mff.png

8GcgStd.png

ZN30neK.png

I was surprised the quality was excellent as she's only at Level 3 of the Gemology skill.
    NDEToFF.png
    8v72wTd.png
    9HXkw9t.png
    Iafl4um.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    Isabel’s first piece of jewellery is lovely @simgirl1010 :) It is great that the quality of the bracelet was excellent. It is very nice photos that you have posted of her at work making the piece.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,747 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    It would have gone over my head too but you highlighted a little gem about the game so many simmers enjoy. It’s not just this one, it’s thousands of little Easter eggs waiting for us to discover. I can’t think of one that didn’t at least make me smile. Some made me laugh out loud.😁

Like "The Doctors Fez" for chickens (a nod to Dr Gluon) @DaniRose2143 lol??

I thought that was a Doctor Who reference.

So, I have the pack, but haven’t started playing it yet. It looks really fun. I’m making a wizened little gem crafter to run a magic store in my game.

• Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 578 Member
    I bought the pack though it will probably be a few days before I’ll have the opportunity to get back into my game to actually have a look at it. I caught up with the walkthrough yesterday and I was very impressed. It looks like quite a flexible pack that you can use in different ways for different stories and will add extra depth. I love the BB and the CAS too.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,471 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I like the fact that this pack isn’t just about making fancy looking jewelry, but about utilizing Crystals specifically, to create objects and wearables with powerful metaphysical properties. It looks really good in my opinion.

New aspiration.

nE7XWUP.png

uXb9I4t.png

OfM8nSQ.png

The nature aspirations are my favorite ones! Summon the Grimm Reaper? Excellent! ☠️

I won’t buy this pack until some of the current game related issues have been properly addressed, but I’m excited about it. It is on my wishlist for sure!

Same! I have a lot of Sims with the Nature aspirations and of course, I have a special love for Grim.

This pack is also the perfect companion to all of my favorite game packs, it will compliment them and fill in some gaps beautifully. This will probably be one of my favorites, when I get it. Unfortunately, I haven't updated yet, waiting to see what happens with the cart controversy, and need updated mods, but with Bienchen stating she's not moving forward at this time, and since I really need her no phone use mod to enjoy my game, I'm kind of stuck in stasis. It bums me out (for many reasons) but also, I don't want this pack to get low sales because it's got mystical elements that I would love to have more of, and I don't want EA algorithms to think people aren't interested in the content. :'(

I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you guys for now, enjoying your posts in this thread. <3

Zero has a mod called 'Disable Phone For Good' - I don't have it so don't know if it's up to date. Worth a look?
  • Options

New aspiration.

nE7XWUP.png

uXb9I4t.png

OfM8nSQ.png

Zero has a mod called 'Disable Phone For Good' - I don't have it so don't know if it's up to date. Worth a look?

That's great, thank you! I've heard there are other phone mods but didn't know where to look. 😊
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,216 Member
    I was wondering how I could work this pack into my two current saves and then it came to me. People will pay big money to buy clothing, cosmetics, and jewelry with a celebrity's name on it. How much more would they pay if they knew the celebrity herself made those earrings, necklace, or bracelet with her own hands. My actor Londyn thought why not start my own lifestyle brand and so she made a pair of basic diamond earrings. (The necklace is a cc item)

Tcyz5kP.png
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 what a great idea. 👍🏼 Have you decided on a name for her collection?
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,216 Member
    @simgirl1010 Thank you. I haven’t come up with one yet. I’m partial to something that celebrates her heritage. One of my projects this weekend is to sit down and go through names and phrases in different languages from Africa that relate to themes like beauty, strength and confidence. Maybe something related to her relationship with Danielle too.
  • Options
    Sounds good. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,625 Member
    Iafl4um.png
    That looks big enough to fall right off her hand :o

Now that you've made it, does it appear in CAS like knitted items do if you add them to your wardrobe?
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,517 Member

Thanks for the report @mightysprite, that's good to know!

I’m struggling with the bolded part as well. These are the kind of packs I want more of too and I don't want to give EA the wrong idea. Conundrum! Man, I wish this shopping cart button hadn’t been part of this patch, such bad timing. :s

I have crystal clear plans for my Mooncasters who are two very powerful magical sisters / werewolf allies.
    I will move them into my Moonstone Castle once I've completed it. It's an older, small WIP castle, but it couldn't be more perfect for this pack. The castle stands atop one of Henford's highest points, near the waterfall.

MSC-02-Castle.jpg

The Crystal Chamber in the dungeons will eventually be used for crafting mystical jewelry. There's a portal that grants direct access to the Magic Realm and there's also a way to enter the Underground Wolf Tunnels.

MSC-03-Crystal-Chamber.jpg

Question for those that already own the pack: Is it possible to place the Crystal Charging Grid in a sim's inventory?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,459 Member
    Question to EA_Cade and the team: I need to buy the new pack on Amazon. When will it be available there? On German Amazon, not even the Castle Kit has arrived.
  • Options
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 I won't be able to play for several hours ( nooboo duties) so if no one responds by then I'll check.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Crystal charging grid can be put in sims inventory :) it only charges when placed outside though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Thanks @Simmingal!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,517 Member
    Thanks @simgirl1010 and thanks @Simmingal for confirming that the grid can be placed in a sim's personal inventory.
    It would make sense to be able to put it down anywhere in the world from there ofcourse, but I wasn't entirely sure. Great stuff! 👍🏻