Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

POSSIBLE LEAK - The Next Sims 4 Expansion Pack

Comments

• Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,343 Member
    Nice!
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 789 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    If it includes multipurpose lots and multifamily lots, I'm in. I really miss my trailer park in the Sims 2.

I'm hoping we'll have multi-purpose lots,too! Multi-purpose community lots would open up a lot more gameplay for everyone. I'm also hoping the new world will be inspired by Thailand,Tibet or India.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,027 Member
    edited October 2023
    okay so if this leak is real I am very interested
    but also very scared to find out how it actually function

cause I have so many townhouse buildings of my own already and it will break my heart if even with this I can't have multiple households of my own on one lot so that I can play one household at time

it would be mega annoying if this too is like "own a lot and make bunch of calls now you have randomized neighbor sims and you're the landlord" like nope nope nope i declare war on the randomized sims ages ago and this will be literally useless if it works like that

*jumps into bucket of ice* okay chill Simmingal they didn't even say its gonna disappoint you like that stop jumping into conclusions

I would absolutely love new asian world actually as Mt.Komorebi is so Japan specific +wintery and I always felt weird doing any other asian build style there

I do worry when I see them mention food again though as my vampires literally do not care about cuisine give me something else to do (well it being night market maybe i can chomp on sims if its actually open at night?)

then again is the kid on bg doing hopscotch? could be? maybe theres some random activities that could be interesting?
    also animal sanctuary hmm? I wonder if there be any gameplay attached?
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    I hate this with a fiery, burning passion.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    asa144 wrote: »

What were you hoping the EP would be?
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    asa144 wrote: »

What were you hoping the EP would be?

Cars, hotels, romance, bands, or I would be happy with just about any EP that didn't involve landlords. I abhor them IRL.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 763 Member
    This makes sense with the hint that we got. But I can’t lie that I’m a little disappointed it’s not a hotel pack.

That’s said I’ve wanted townhomes and duplexes for forever. I can’t wait to turn the old salt house into a duplex.

I hope this also means that were able to own a second home. My rich sims need vacation homes.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    the mod that lets you rent out homes won't be needed anymore when this goes live.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I hope this will allow my sims to own a vacation home even if they are not renting it out.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    If it includes multipurpose lots and multifamily lots, I'm in. I really miss my trailer park in the Sims 2.

I'm hoping we'll have multi-purpose lots,too! Multi-purpose community lots would open up a lot more gameplay for everyone. I'm also hoping the new world will be inspired by Thailand,Tibet or India.

First I love that we got 2 leaks in one day and the 2nd leak is like literally the blog post for the pack, plus a ton of info. Honestly it feels like they're really tryna win everybody over early. Like Horse Ranch was kind of disappointing for people when we found out what was actually coming with it after all the hype. Usually these leaks, if we're still calling them that and not planned marketing, don't give us that much info. This one is kind of like, 'here's a ton of info. What do ya think?'

Personally I feel like this is very much City Living Refresh. Like the main aspects of play leaked so far are just things that should've been part of City Living from the beginning, and have been begged for years now. Plus duplexes. Like before, I had mostly seen comments asking for the ability just to build/own our own apartments. Rather than a random npc landlord, let us do it sometimes.
    And some comments of people wanting new types of homes like townhouses and duplexes.

It is a little odd to see the ideas that were like add-on ideas made into a whole pack. It honestly feels like if you were going to to that then it needed to be all the types of rentals and real estate. Hotels, resorts (bc it was kinda buggy in Sims 3) , apartments, duplexes, bed and breakfast bc then you have a cafe/cooking/restaurant aspect as well so multi-function lots and live-in-businesses would be a given. That would be very clearly worth the 40 bucks.

Idk it's giving horses, but no unicorns. But if you go to CAS there's a unicorn horn accessory. You know? Like we have that pub in Henford on Bagely that that couple ostensibly owns, but if you play them they don't own it anymore.
    Like don't get me wrong, I WANT that duplex. The first thing that came to mind was that "doesn't that new Barbie show have those 2 Barbies in a duplex dream house or something?" And remembering that it was superhero to make Bratz Babies, but making regular age Bratz and then making apartments for them would be a real dollhouse experience. You could get super niche with your stories.

Plus it seems like we're getting more diverse worlds. Awesome. Though the BBQ stall sounds kinda like that stall from the stuff pack we just got repurposed just from description.

I just hope there's more, I know there's probably not given the supposed release date. But like I am very interested in what is all involved. We can make a basement apartment and vent that out. Good for vampires. As long as they can't try to bother the family upstairs. But can we make the house from Practical Magic, turn it into a B&B, and sell our oven baked cupcakes out of it?
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,707 Member
    Animal Sanctuary?
    Is that a fancy pc word for Zoo? If so....Id loove it!!!!

Night market also sounds cool, cant help but think of the midnight market in stardew.

The main feature "renting" ...meh...
    dont see myself using that much.

when I google animal sanctuary Thailand, I get wildlife like elephants and monkeys. I know Thailand are famous for baby elephants and contarversial, but tourist ride them like horses. I gather a sanctuary wouldn't offer that.

https://traveltriangle.com/blog/wildlife-sanctuaries-in-thailand/
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,707 Member
    @Gordy I think the animal sanctuary will be the best part. Thailand photos and videos I've seen, they ride and play with elephants.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    If its true, I could finally make use of the apartment complexes Ive built in my game but could never use. Plus this would be a fine opportunity to create slumlords xD
  • Options
    brubru1998brubru1998 Posts: 3 New Member
    I hope that the picture isn't AI, I don't think so because of the very low resolution and the text look like the blog post, so 99.9% legit I think.

If it's true, I will be the WORST landlord hahaha.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,442 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Huh, I wonder what this thr...

Jko5zj6.gif

A patch maybe?
  • Options
    I'm hoping the animal sanctuary won't be a rabbithole. Also it may include reptiles and birds something that a lot of simmers have been asking for.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    As someone living in an apartment, I cannot WAIT to make my evil landlord fantasies come true! (Well, I mean, this pack would come at a perfect time period for me as I need a coping mechanism and an escape from the dark reality where people have to pay higher rent bills every month, I am sure I wouldn't be the only one either) :naughty:
  • Options
    I'm hoping the animal sanctuary won't be a rabbithole. Also it may include reptiles and birds something that a lot of simmers have been asking for.

I am kind of upset that an animal sanctuary even had to be included in an EP like this that has otherwise nothing to do with them as knowing this community everyone will once again expect heavens from Maxis and end up being disappointed. Can't we have a separate pack for zoos or animal sanctuaries? :(
  • Options
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    @Gordy I think the animal sanctuary will be the best part. Thailand photos and videos I've seen, they ride and play with elephants.
    It is not the main feature of this pack unfortunately so I doubt it :) but good luck to everyone who is only buying the EP for this side feature...
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »

I am kind of upset that an animal sanctuary even had to be included in an EP like this that has otherwise nothing to do with them as knowing this community everyone will once again expect heavens from Maxis and end up being disappointed. Can't we have a separate pack for zoos or animal sanctuaries? :(

I'm glad cause the rental system won't be for everyone and plus we need more places for our sims to go. I hope that animal sanctuaries are a new lot type as well.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,145 Member
    Well, it looks like the new Expansion Pack is official & it's called For Rent. It will have duplexes. ;)
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 184 Member
    I don't think we can build apartments in the new EP...it is a "Create a World" function.
  • Options
    Arca wrote: »
    I don't think we can build apartments in the new EP...it is a "Create a World" function.

The description literally states that we can build apartments, but ok.
    Kind of rude how the original leaked photo of the pack description got deleted from existence so I cannot show you the proof for what I stated but hopefully the announcement will re-confirm what I saw. Maybe I am living in some weird alternate reality where I experience things that don't happen to anyone else, but hopefully what I saw in the description really exists... :(
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 529 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Arca wrote: »

The description literally states that we can build apartments, but ok.
    Kind of rude how the original leaked photo of the pack description got deleted from existence so I cannot show you the proof for what I stated but hopefully the announcement will re-confirm what I saw. Maybe I am living in some weird alternate reality where I experience things that don't happen to anyone else, but hopefully what I saw in the description really exists... :(

You can still see the entire pack description and cover art in the first post of this thread.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,737 Member
    edited October 2023
    Building apartments sounds good but from what I understand it's for the new residential rental lot. They better have implemented some mechanics so sims stay in their areas otherwise I'm not sure how this is going to work or be any different from having roommates.

Property management with tenant revolts, and sims snooping, breaking and entering sounds annoying honestly.

I'm pretty skeptical overall, this sounds like a slightly improved version of Snowy Escape (which had rentable buildings, markets and a few places to visit which grew old fast), but we will see.