Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Super Sim Family Challenge (Update March 4)

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,955 Member
    edited May 2023
    A Chance Encounter

Now that Hannah was on track for a judgeship, she had begun to think about what type of law she wanted to specialize in. While in college she had volunteered at a legal aid center and had found herself drawn to juvenile cases. She was almost certain that a family court judgeship would be the most rewarding and satisfying for her and had registered for a Juvenile Justice and Children’s Rights seminar. Hopefully she’d be able to get more information on what was required and whether it was the correct path for her.

The career seminars were always crowded and Hannah planned on arriving early to get a good seat. Someone else had the same idea.

q8kUhBY.png

He was engrossed in his book and Hannah wasn't sure if she should interrupt him and introduce herself.

Y1m7uu1.png

Eventually good manners won out and she greeted him and introduced herself.

He reciprocated and said his name was Elliott Sheppard. He went on to tell Hannah where he worked and to Hannah's surprise it was in the same office building as her law firm. On second thought she realized it wasn't that unusual as the office building had 14 floors and a couple of law firms on each floor.

zCoTgOW.png

They chatted for a while. Hannah learned that Elliott was also interested in family law but was leaning towards a position in the public defender's office with a focus on juveniles. Just before the seminar was scheduled to start Elliott asked Hannah if she'd like to grab a bite to eat afterwards.

wGXFwIK.png

Unfortunately Hannah had a case review waiting for her back at the office but suggested they meet for coffee the following day. Elliott agreed.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    First Date

Hannah and Elliott met for coffee the next day.

k3xVKQt.png

Hannah learned that Elliott was an only child and had grown up in Brindleton Bay. Both his parents were lawyers and they'd encouraged his interest in the field. But that was the extent of their influence. His mother was an entertainment lawyer and represented several high-profile clients in Del Sol Valley. His father was a corporate attorney for a well-known financial services firm in San Myshuno. Elliott had never had any interest in either field.

Hannah and Elliott discovered they had a lot in common. In addition to their love for the law they both enjoyed watching medical and legal dramas, reading legal thriller novels, and visiting museums and flea markets.

As Hannah glanced at her phone she was surprised to see they had been talking for over three hours. The time had flown by. There hadn’t been any of those awkward silences or uncomfortable pauses typical of some first dates.

She knew that she wanted to see Elliott again and was thrilled when he asked if she’d like to go out for dinner sometime. Hannah wasn’t settling for a ‘sometime’ and immediately suggested dinner at her home the following night. With her family. She wasn’t sure Elliott was ready to meet the family but was elated when he eagerly agreed.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    The Day After

The next morning when Hannah awoke her thoughts immediately turned to Elliott.

pykRERm.png

He had told her quite a lot about his privileged upbringing as the only child of wealthy parents. Elliott had attended an elite private school in Britechester. His family spent summers in Mt. Komerebi. As the son of a famous entertainment lawyer, he’d been to several Starlight Accolades events and was accustomed to famous actors and actresses dropping by his home to discuss legal matters with his mother. Although her main office was in Del Sol Valley, she was available to her clients around the clock and had a fully functional office at home.

Hannah made a mental note to herself to ask Juliette, her sister who’d won several Starlight Accolades, if she knew Grace Sheppard, Elliott’s mother.

She was still thinking of Elliott as she showered and dressed. She couldn’t believe their paths hadn’t crossed before now. As the sister of a world-famous singer, Hannah had also attended the Starlight Accolades. She didn’t recall ever seeing Elliott there. They’d both attended the same college, took some of the same classes, but she’d never shared a class with him or run into him on campus. And now to discover they both worked in the same building.

She noticed the time and realized she’d better get moving if she wanted to complete all the errands on her list. She needed to shop for dinner ingredients and pick up a couple of bottles of fizzy juice. She was going to stop by the bakery and pick up something for dessert. That would leave her more time to concentrate on the main course. She’d decided to make lobster thermidor and prosciutto wrapped asparagus. Her mom and sisters were coming early to help her prepare dinner. She couldn’t wait for them all to meet Elliott.
  • Options
    Hannah made quick work of her errands and returned home to find her mom and sisters waiting for her. She unpacked all the ingredients and they immediately got to work. Julianna, her mother, started on the lobster. The proprietor at the fish market had cooked the lobsters for Hannah so all Julianna had to do was remove the lobster meat and add the remaining ingredients. Soon a wonderfully decadent aroma was wafting through the kitchen.

o12UGg2.png

Hannah, Juliette, and Isabel were in charge of the asparagus and it was soon ready for the oven.

qiSBNWu.png

Hannah had purchased a banana cream pie for dessert and of course Julianna, being a gourmet cook, had to add a few finishing touches.

KiJpEMl.png

7FRKwSx.png
  • Options
    Dinner with the Family.

Elliott arrives right on time bearing a beautiful bouquet of flowers which he presents to Hannah's mother. Hannah is a bit taken aback but quickly regains her composure while silently admiring Elliott for his thoughtfulness.

ksoc6Zu.png

She introduces Elliott to the rest of the family and they sit down to chat a bit before dinner.

xDjaRyx.png

Dinner is served and it's delicious. Elliott compliments them on a wonderful meal and tells them how happy he is to have met them all.

Ywpiuw7.png

• Options
    Thank you @Metior_Ice!

I keep up with your stories and some of the others here but what with all my trekking around the web searching for sim information to share it doesn't leave me much time to comment. I am very liberal with the likes and awesome though. 😄

And whenever I run across any merfolk related content I immediately think of you. 🙂
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    @simgirl1010 I tend to leave a lot of awesomes as well. I wish there was more time for me to leave comments, but that’s not always a luxury I have. I completely get it!

But, thank you so much for all the info you find. Because of all the research I’ve done on merfolk for my personal works, I understand that finding information online isn’t as easy as it appears.
  • Options
    Over the next several months Hannah and Elliott were inseparable. They spent every possible moment together. At least as much as their demanding jobs allowed. They were able to grab lunch together most days since they both worked in the same building.

Swimming in Moonwood Mills.
    ydD1ucz.png
    84weoL3.png

Bowling in Oasis Springs
    321usQ5.png
    1B4RWhQ.png
    K0lRPz9.png
    ILYhdMQ.png

Skating in Glimmerbrook.
    pPzInHI.png
    N6NA3mN.png
    8qAnmPR.png

Picnicking in Henford-on-Bagley
    1J8tr0D.png
    DH4llGD.png

Sunbathing and drinks in Tartosa.
    cULuLbs.png
    rU9xfjJ.png
    Bartender was a no show so Elliott had to make their drinks.
    5FxuAe6.png

Quiet evenings at home.
    6frsSmH.png
    f9bv1VS.png
    Sh2resI.png
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,482 Member
    Lovely photos
    they've had so much fun together over the months spend together. They're perfect together. My favorite shot was the 2nd one in the bowling alley😭 Is the dress she's wearing in the final shots from the Moschino pack? Looks amazing on her!
  • Options
    @BlueSeaWaves thank you. :) Yes, it's from the Moschino pack. I'd forgotten all about it until I sent Hannah into CAS to give her some new outfits for her dates.
  • Options
    Dinner With Elliott's Family.

Hannah was experiencing a bit of anxiety. Unusual for her but she really wanted to make a good impression on Elliott's family. She was meeting them for the first time today.

Elliott's parents had invited her to have dinner with them. Both sets of grandparents would also be there. They were having dinner at the Brindleton Yacht Club where Elliott's maternal grandparents were founding members.

Brindleton Yacht Club
    uXYhZkK.png

Hannah's anxiety immediately faded when Elliott's mother greeted her warmly with a hug and told Hannah how much she'd looked forward to meeting her. Grace Sheppard was nothing like the iron-willed, aggressive, entertainment attorney portrayed in the media. That was just a public façade she cultivated to intimidate her adversaries.

L8p95K8.png

Elias Shepperd, Elliott's father, was a little more restrained in his greeting. Hannah would learn that he was much more reserved than his vivacious, outgoing wife. Something that made corporate law a perfect fit for him.

Both sets of grandparents were warm and welcoming. Grace's parents, Winston and Iris Whittaker, and Elias' parents, Emerson and Iris Sheppard, had been friends long before Elias and Grace were born. Hannah was amused to discover that both of Elliott's grandmothers were named Iris.

The meal and drinks arrived and Elias raised his glass to offer a toast to everyone's health and happiness.
    Grace gives her mother-in-law the side eye as she begins drinking her wine before Elias finishes the toast.
    1ewjYJ9.png

Dinner was delicious and Hannah enjoyed every bite.
    cifLbsJ.png

She thanked Elliott's parents for the lovely dinner and told them how happy she was to have met them. Both Grace and Elias said they'd had a wonderful time and hoped to see Hannah again soon.

• Options
    Enjoyed the update🙂
    Love that Hannah’s anxiety quickly diminished. Grace’s hug was very welcoming ☺️ Looks like dinner went extremely well!
  • Options
    Thanks @BlueSeaWaves. 🙂 Got a few more updates before Hannah and Elliott's wedding. Wedding was supposed to happen yesterday. 😄 I need to learn to post my updates as I go instead of waiting and having to sort through and organize hundreds of pics.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,940 Member
    Thanks @BlueSeaWaves. 🙂 Got a few more updates before Hannah and Elliott's wedding. Wedding was supposed to happen yesterday. 😄 I need to learn to post my updates as I go instead of waiting and having to sort through and organize hundreds of pics.

Welcome to the wonderful world of being a SimLit writer.🙂 That was a lovely update.
    Everybody looked like they were having a great time. I love how the grandparents knew each other and were friends, or at least on friendly terms, before Hannah and Elliott became a couple. It has that written in the stars, meant to be, feeling.🥰 The side eye was priceless!
  • Options
    She Said Yes

With the obligatory family dinners over Hannah and Elliott decide to go out for a quiet romantic dinner at Shimuzu, an experimental restaurant in San Myshuno.

It was a Tuesday night and the restaurant wasn't at all crowded so their food arrived quickly.
    nv5SYSW.png

They'd both ordered the Volcano Pasta and marveled at how delicious it was.
    X2wDjrG.png

This sure beats that grilled cheese I had for lunch.
    Kgkg7W5.png

After diner they went for a walk in a nearby park. The weather was perfectly balmy and they stopped at a bench to enjoy the quietness of the night.
    ap8pUDz.png

Hannah noticed that Elliott was unusually quiet and asked if everything was okay. Elliott didn't say anything. Instead he knelt down in front of Hannah.

"Everything is okay," he finally responded. "In fact, everything is perfect. And it all began the day we met at that legal seminar. Hannah, I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?"
    4e4y22x.png

Hannah laughed and threw her arms around Elliott. "Yes, I'll marry you!" Elliott slid the ring on her finger, took her into his arms and kissed her.
    cDnAAWh.png
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,992 Member
    Lovely <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Aw that was lovely! Elliot picked a great spot! Congratulations on the engagement! 🙂
  • Options
    Thank you both! Almost done.
  • Options
    Wedding Preparations

The next few months flew by in a whirlwind of activity. Hannah enjoyed every minute of wedding planning with her mom and sisters by her side.

She'd never been one of those girls who started planning their wedding when they were born. Or those who obsessed over every little detail. She just wanted to marry Elliott and share with all their family and friends their commitment to one another.

She didn't have to go far to look for a wedding dress. She had no doubt she would find the perfect dress at the Heirloom Bridal Boutique. It was her mom's shop and she could remember lots of fun afternoons playing with her sisters in the back storage rooms.

K5iGd8q.png

Her mother was also a Level 10 Floral Designer and wanted to make Hannah's bouquet.

R4nxAdP.png
    Nzvck6F.png
    j0M3Sfu.png

Elliott was more than happy to leave all of the wedding prep to Hannah but she insisted he accompany her to the cake tasting.

O0RUeaj.png
    02KroLQ.png
    tBfV9en.png
    They weren't very impressed with the choices and decided to avail themselves of Julianna's talents once more. They would ask her to bake their wedding cake.

feWxTM8.png

Julianna had wanted to bake the wedding cake but hadn't wanted Hannah and Elliott to feel pressured to ask her. So she was very pleased to flex her baking skills.

CXbvKkR.png
    NW4Vhct.png
    tV1OKA7.png
    hpAPz6e.png

yiiCteb.png

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,992 Member
    Great update :smiley: So, when is the big day??? <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I don’t want to take away from the story with my comment, but I love this and I am so impressed! You have done such a great job with their story! I actually read through it, and tbh I generally don’t do that with sim stories that people post…but this one had me hooked.

I love it! (Body was four characters too short)
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    @fujicakes1 thank you. 😊 I've been playing this family for almost five years and they're very dear to me.
  • Options
    @Ellupelluellu the thank you. 😊 If all goes as planned the wedding will be Saturday.
  • Options
    Love the dress Hannah chose! Her mother making the bouquet ♥️ The cake Julianna prepared looks delicious. Looking forward to the big day😃 Love the shot of Hannah and Elliot feeding each other a bite of cake!
    Wow, five years! That's amazing, from your writing and photos it no doubt they're very dear to you. It's very sweet to see