Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When did you first start playing the sims

Comments

• Options
    SnookieSnookie Posts: 21 Member
    About like 8 years ago? i started in 2013 when i was 7. I saw my sister playing sims 2 & sims 3 and begged her to let me play too and she let me lol
    c3zmp268jl23.png
    You know, the one in the dirty trench coat who's in love with you.
  • Options
    polrbearpolrbear Posts: 939 Member
    edited September 2022
    I started playing Sims 2 back when I was still young enough to create myself as the child life stage! (I literally did, I made my family with my teen siblings at the time! Our Sims 2 mom had a mental breakdown when we didn't get into the private school-)

Now I'm fully grown! :lol:
    I play Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and The Urbz: Sims in the City on gamecube and ds. Main Game: Sims 352033322186_3a08467dc6_o.png
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    edited September 2022
    Some of these answers make me feel REALLY OLD. When I was in the child stage... my toys were this - there was no Sims. :(

JS42336349.jpg
    Mom: "Go outside and play with your friends, I'll call you in for dinner. You have six hours..."
    ~sigh~
    I was a 40-something when I started playing "the Sims".
    :o
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    texanskytexansky Posts: 1,347 Member

@Nikkei_Simmer
    I was 51 when I started playing The Sims 3, so I was in my late 40s when I started playing The Sims franchise.

The park across from my house had an all-metal slide, a 4-seat bouncer, and one of those round metal contraptions that would throw you off if it was spun too fast, and of course, a swing set and a dome-shaped jungle gym.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I remember that metal-spinny thing. A few friends broke arms getting flung off that thing. Some of us were insane and essentially used it as a g-force simulator hang onto the bars while our bodies were dangling off the contraption, while three other guys grabbed the bars and ran with it in a circle bringing up the speed. If you didn't have good grip strength, you'd get flung off. @texansky, I guess we're 60s n' 70s children which means that... we're ancient to the "youngsters" on this forum.

But it still doesn't mean that we can't enjoy Sims like they do. We just have the benefit of "life-experience" (my wife would debate that. She says that it appears that my mental age is 2)... I started playing Sims with "Sims 3" in Jan. 2017 - 2 months before I joined Origin - so late 40-something... :lol:
    Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Right when TS1 came out. So wow, that's 22 years. Yikes.
  • Options
    LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    2008 with MySims party for the wii! I was six and my parents got the game because they figured both me and my brother would probably enjoy it. But it wasn't until I was 14 and I saw a box set of the sims 3 at the store while I was supposed to be shopping for my brothers birthday gift that I got one of the main series games and have been obsessed with the game ever sense.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I don't really know/am not really sure how long I've been playing sims. I know I started when The Sims Livin' Large launched. Back then I played on a Mac though so I had to wait longer for expansions for Aspyr Media to port them to Mac. Somewhere along the lines I switched to PC then Maxis started making them Mac compatible (I think?) Anyway... A lot of years.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I kinda wish I bought the game in 2000 but I was too busy trying to make a career out of...
    httpswww.visithaines.comsitesdefaultfilescoldwell-banker.jpg_d4d2f3e4-5056-a36a-0a22ad390a45c667.jpg <---Yep...that's what I was doing at the time...being a realtor - that and being newly engaged to be married in six months time.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • Options
    octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    I started playing the sims with the original Sims by Maxis in the early 2000s. I then played Sims 2 when that was released but took a break from Sims when EA released the Sims 3. I never got to play the Sims 3 until 2020, but It's the primary Sims game I play right now. I occasionally still play the original Maxis Sims 1, though. I lost my Sims 2 base game disk so I cannot play that again. I plan on downloading Sims 4, too, but have not yet because I'm having issues with the EA app regarding my Sims 3 expansion pack. I might download Sims 4 regardless of my EA app issue but would like to be able to download my Sims 3 expansions, and I don't trust the EA app due to its errors.
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I first played in 2004 IIRC , with a copied CD from friend of mine. I loved it, so I went legit two weeks later and bought it along all expansions to that point on eBay, and I kept on going until they forced the game obsolete to promote TS2. So I shunned TS2 and switched right from TS1 to TS3. I still play TS3 from time to time and maybe I'll give TS5 a try.

I still have a The Sims: Vacation promo tshirt, though it no longer fits. I mean a real life tshirt, not a Sims' top.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    first game i take small breaks here and there but always played...HOOKED lol
  • Options
    MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    Since around 2003 - my elder sister had The Sims PS2 and I played it without her knowing and I got hooked. :lol:
  • Options
    ley65ley65 Posts: 19 Member
    i started playing the sims around the time the last few expansions were coming out, what a time!
  • Options
    meerkattimemeerkattime Posts: 262 Member
    I started in 2000. Time flies...
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    ive been playing the sims since i was 21
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,300 Member
    It was 2010 when I first started with TS2 and then 2011 with TS3.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :mrgreen:

I got The Sims free with a new computer. My son took it and started playing it. It wasn't until a few years later, while my husband was deployed, did I get bored enough in our new town to start playing it. I stayed up all night trying to get my Sim to the top of her career... it wasn't easy and I don't even remember if she made it before I went to sleep. Talk about getting married to a townie -hard work! Lol
    So, around 2003.
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    :) Started in 2000 with the Sims1 after playing it at my ex-friend's house on her imac. Teehee, the shegginans I get up to with this game.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I don’t remember the year, but I remember I first played The Sims 1 with my cousin on her dads desktop in his office and we were around 7/8 years old I think. I remember loving it, and since then, once i was old enough, I began my journey with my own copies starting with The Sims 2. It’s been my comfort game for about two decades <3
  • Options
    jamie2112jamie2112 Posts: 86 Member
    I used to play The Sims on my iPod touch back in 2011 and 2012. I think I remember buying it on the iTunes store for like $5 or $6,it was worth it. I played Sim City 2000 a bunch when I was a kid, but that was my first experience with The Sims. When I was 19, I bought The Sims 3 for $20 in late 2016 with my real adult money B) I was absolutely hooked, I probably have 300+ hours on it, and I'm catching up to that in TS4.
    Gallery/EA ID: xh0neybucket | Sims 3 Exchange: jamiemarie2112 | Simblr: xh0neybucketsims | Melvins rule, you do not.
  • Options
    CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    I've had it since July 2018, but I think I only played once at that time, then in Nov 2022 I started to play again and haven't stopped since then.
    Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017