Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

• [Content] Cold home worlds

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,415 Member
edited May 8 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Hi,

For the sims who prefer Cold Temperature it would be nice to add some worlds in addition to Mt. Komorebi :
  • Arctic North American world (Alaska / Canada)
  • Scandinavian world (Norway, Sweden, Finland)
  • Father Winter's toy factory

nunavu10.jpg
sl_sto10.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,125 Member
    Would go with Greenland or Norway if there needs to be more winter worlds make it proper rocky mountainous terrain

I feel like Granite Falls works well for Finland/Sweden cause forests and mosquitos need I say more
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,528 Member
    The little fishing towns with houses made of containers don't really inspire me. Maybe they could add a wintery type world but with classical architecture, like northern Europe. But really, if they are going to repeat a theme then they need to expand on it. Give us something we don't already have like frozen over lakes that sims can skate or play hockey on or go ice fishing. Or even the possibility to freeze or smoke the fish. I understand we can't use the ski slopes in other worlds due to their size and maybe coding, but they need to add smaller things that aren't restricted to that one world, like maybe ice sculptures, or build a igloo, build an snow fortress, etc.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 801 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Give us something we don't already have like frozen over lakes that sims can skate or play hockey on or go ice fishing. Or even the possibility to freeze or smoke the fish.

I'd like any rags to riches gameplay for winter. I always miss the fishing. Yes to ice fishing and preserving fish!!

• Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 801 Member
    edited May 9
    Dog sledding would be fun. I would like a game like the game Yukon Trail. Does anyone remember this game?

https://oregontrail.ws/games/the-yukon-trail/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yukon_Trail
  • Options
    nattygirl13nattygirl13 Posts: 100 Member
    Yes. This is an excellent idea. I also like the idea of a new cold weather world (the entire world and not a few lots like Mt. Komorebi). Because in reality, some regions don't have varying seasons, but are more consistently hot or cold year - round. And the cold weather region should feature new activities such as ice fishing, ice sculpting, craftable igloo tents, and new CAS items for fur and faux fur clothing and accessories.

I'd also like to see more survival/outdoorsy skills like tanning leather and making clothing, drying and curing meat and dish, new interactable wildlife like seals, penguins, and minks. Sims would be able to visit the animals in their habitat and befriend them, they can clean the habitat (like island living), and improve the environment, and a befriended animal could be traded for crafting materials like (seal skin, animal fat, or furs), which can be used for crafting new items such as oil lamps, drinking skins (functional), or fur clothing. Befriended animals might also exchange gifts with the sims, but unlike cottage living animals, you can't have them live on your home lot. There could also be explorable ice caves that lead to a new hidden lot.