Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Year of Content for The Sims 4.

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,270 Member
Screenshot-20240508-071937-2.png

Andrew Wilson, EA CEO
Looking ahead, we are committed to entertaining and inspiring our loyal and engaged Sims 4 fans through over 15 content updates over the coming year, while working on multiple experiences in the Sims universe to leverage user generated content to deepen our community and expand our audience.

EA’s latest report for the next Fiscal Year promises over a dozen of Sims 4 releases.
The Sims 4 series is far from over. With the game turning a decade since its original release in 2014, the publisher Electronic Arts is very sure about its bright future.

The latest Financial Report from EA has disclosed a little about what to expect in the next 12 months. More specifically, how many content releases are in store for us until April 2025.

https://simscommunity.info/2024/05/08/sims-4-content-releases-2024/
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,415 Member
    edited May 8
    I'm not sure about the meaning of it.

The "over 20 content drops in Fiscal Year 2020" wasn't very clear.
    Content released :
    1. Free Moschino CAS content
    2. Freelance Careers
    3. B/B : 350 color swatches
    4. Lot traits : Off-the-grid and Clothing Optional
    5. Part-Time jobs for Adult
    6. Lounge chair
    7. Stilt Foundations
    8. EP07 Island Living
    9. "It Gets Better"
    10. SP15 Moschino Stuff
    11. GP08 Realm of Magic
    12. Muslim clothes
    13. Modular stairs
    14. Sizable columns
    15. More items for FP01 Holiday Celebration Pack
    16. EP08 Discover University
    17. SP16 Tiny Living
    18. 20th Anniversary hot tub
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    edited May 8
    I'm not sure about it.

The "over 20 content drops in Fiscal Year 2020" wasn't very clear.

Haha, agree. That's why I posted it in speculation. 🙂

What's more important to me is that I have another year of content to look forward to.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,528 Member
    Let's pray it's not 15 kits. 😄

They aren't going to be all kits, but realistically kits will contribute a lot to that number. I'm thinking maybe 8 kits and the rest will be packs.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,813 Member
    Screenshot-20240508-071937-2.png

Andrew Wilson, EA CEO
    Looking ahead, we are committed to entertaining and inspiring our loyal and engaged Sims 4 fans through over 15 content updates over the coming year, while working on multiple experiences in the Sims universe to leverage user generated content to deepen our community and expand our audience.

EA’s latest report for the next Fiscal Year promises over a dozen of Sims 4 releases.
    The Sims 4 series is far from over. With the game turning a decade since its original release in 2014, the publisher Electronic Arts is very sure about its bright future.

The latest Financial Report from EA has disclosed a little about what to expect in the next 12 months. More specifically, how many content releases are in store for us until April 2025.

https://simscommunity.info/2024/05/08/sims-4-content-releases-2024/

That's average. Usually each quarter there is two larger sized packs and two kits. Just want to know the road map already.
  • Options
    I think I may be one of the few ( or maybe the only one 😄) not really hankering for the next roadmap.
  • Options
    edited May 8
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,125 Member
    edited May 8
    I still haven't fully gone through last few packs so like if you ask me no rush with new content 😅 This tortoise will be entertained as long as the game and my old save stay playable 🐢

I do wish though that its not 15 kits 😂
    and I also wish some of those 15 content releases are occult content 😇
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,441 EA Community Manager
    Oh, we will have so many things to discuss very soon :)
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    I hope that Maxis plans to add 350 new color swatches to CAS.

Clothes or hairs? Some clothes could use some new textures. My sims don't really use the fancy coloured hairs. Though, maybe an elderly hairstyle coloured in various shades of blue and purple could be fun.

71060111-0-image-a-3_1684263993737.jpg

• Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 568 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

They aren't going to be all kits, but realistically kits will contribute a lot to that number. I'm thinking maybe 8 kits and the rest will be packs.

8 kits seems a reasonable guess for the next year. But if SDX drops are added, that doesn't leave many packs.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

8 kits seems a reasonable guess for the next year. But if SDX drops are added, that doesn't leave many packs.

They release something like 2 EPs and 2 GPs or SPs a year, so I am not expecting them to release more, realistically speaking, especially if they are going to be full of bugs that make the game barely playable.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 485 Member
    More than 15, eh? That's... a lot. I'm concerned because, as we've seen with the last couple of packs, spaghetti code doesn't fix itself.

It's interesting how this discussion, like the article, immediately becomes a discussion about "packs vs kits." It's like kits are in a lower category than packs in most people's heads, and kits are perceived as taking development resources away from packs. Honestly, I share that perception.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,506 Member
    I have mixed feelings about this announcement. Last year I would have been very happy with such an announcement but the buggy release of for rent and crystal creations has made me weary. For rent was a disaster and I am still afraid to get it because lot corruption is still possible. Crystal creations was also a catastrophic at release. I really like that pack but am so happy I waited two weeks until the emergency patches had rolled out. Or should I say I was lucky enough that the EA app allowed me to wait with the updates? I am really wondering how much more the sims 4 can handle before it becomes so unstable that it is unplayable. In that regard maybe it is good that the majority of those content releases are kits. Kits only offer new looks and no substantial content that requires rewriting part of the (spaghetti)code for gameplay. So kits have less chance of breaking the game and some are even really nice to have like the book nook kit or the little campers kit.

I expect only 2 or 3 big DLC like EP and GP and one or two SP. Personally I really hope GP will return and we will get fairies. I really hope they get the love they deserve in a dedicated pack and don't end up like mermaids or aliens. Or even worse end up like plantsims which feel like nothing but a tribute to the lifestate we had in previous iterations. Dragons would be welcome too, btw. I would love a new occult pack.
  • Options
    edited May 8
    EA_Cade wrote: »

You told too much or not enough, feel free to send me all the details I won't tell anyone ;)
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 458 Member
    I don't care how many things are released, I just need drums. Drum drum drums. Please.
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 802 Member
    I am a console player, so I have no access to CC. I look forward to any and all kits. The last 2 kits were disappointing for me. I worry a lot about all the new bugs and old unfixed bugs, and I worry that the game will be abandoned as it become unplayable.

I do want some new gameplay, CAS and items to play with, but I want them to be things that are easy to create and add. Some of the things that I want most are available as CC, like a portable toilet!!!!!! I want more portable items in general. I would like more rabbit hole shopping. I want a rabbit hole bookstore and more books including holy books and classic titles available in the public domain and an aspiration of a reading list. I would like to expand the food menus at the bars and to have lots of rabbit hole take out places. I would like some new aspirations for children and for them to be able to pay bills and live alone. I would like an elder pack with aspirations. I would like lots and lots of very basic clothing and some new basic hairs.

I would like some of the CC creators to be offered payment for their work and to have their work officially added to the game and supported long-term by EA so that the items are guaranteed safe during updates.

• Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,188 Member

14 kits and another short lived reality competition show.
  • Options
    edited May 8
    Let's be overoptimistic

2 EP (Band and Hobbies)
    2 GP (Fairies and Grim Reaper)
    2 SP
    8 Kits
    1 Big update : Cars
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,053 Member
    2 EPs, along with some updates to the base game to prep for them
    1-2 SPs
    8-9 Kits
    1 Update: New hair swatches on those textured hairstyles
    1 Update: Some recolored clothing themed around encouraging diversity
    And either 1 GP, or another brand collab update
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    Let's be overoptimistic

2 EP (Band and Hobbies)
    2 SP
    8 Kits

I'd be more than happy with this lol
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,065 Member
    .....Is it possible to play offline until we know how breaky all these updates are?

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,302 Member
    edited May 9

Its farise isnt it ? :p
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member

I can hardly wait.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,511 Member
    Let's be overoptimistic

2 EP (Band and Hobbies)
    2 SP
    8 Kits

I would hope hotels would be one we see before years end.