Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🌟 Cape Albacore World Collaboration - Completed!

Comments

• Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,265 Member
    edited October 2023
    Can I claim #12 / 30 x 20 / Residential / 12 Starfish Lane ? Also, can we make Sims to go with these houses or will there be more guidelines about this? Thanks!

Thank you very much @charlottekn! Your claim has been noted. 😀

Yes, sure you can make sims to go with your claim. It’s a great way to optionally populate the world!
    Similar to the builds, we just ask that creators don’t use third-party custom content for Cape Albacore sims.
    Do share the link and Cover, Custard shots once available. Any additional pics you might want to add, please put within spoilers.
    I’ll add the above to the Guidelines on page 1. Thanks for asking.
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • Options
    Hidehi wrote: »
    ….
    @soocoolsim , I would like to claim Lot #88 Blue Marlin Parkway (hangout/harbour/boardwalk) on map B Please. Thank you!!! :)

Thank you very much @Hidehi ! Your claim has been noted. 😀
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @soocoolsim The Coastguard Cutter Houseboat and Crew look awesome! I love the attention to detail, they look ready to take on any coastal emergency, my sims can go boating knowing they are safe! 😉

@Charlottekn Wow! Coastal View Mall look superb! The perfect mall for a beautiful town!🥰

@ciane Wow! The Literary Arts looks amazing! The colors you chose and the building design are gorgeous! That is why I miss your builds! I am so happy to see your beautiful lots in this collaboration!!😍

@soocoolsim Thank you for the building guidelines! I appreciate the colour guidelines and hex codes that will save me a lot of time and guesswork!😊😉

@Hidehi Wow! The Cape Albacore Civic Center is amazing and so elegant! Looks gorgeous in the beautiful town of Cape Albacore!
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited October 2023
    @soocoolsim For this claiming period I would like #22 (22 Blue Marlin Parkway) thank you!!😊
  • Options
    ks0ks0 Posts: 44 Member
    I'm still working decorating my house and will probably make a household for it as well. I'd also like to claim #90, Community (Dive Bar) / 90 Sturgeon Bridge Road. Thank you.

I'm loving all the beautiful builds so far. <3
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    @soocoolsim For this claiming period I would like #22 (22 Blue Marlin Parkway) thank you!!😊

Thank you very much and welcome back to another collab @LMC6255 ! Your claim has been noted. 😀

Edit! And thank you for your sweet comments. 🌸
    Post edited by soocoolsim on
  • Options
    ks0 wrote: »
    I'm still working decorating my house and will probably make a household for it as well. I'd also like to claim #90, Community (Dive Bar) / 90 Sturgeon Bridge Road. Thank you.

I'm loving all the beautiful builds so far. <3

Thank you very much @ks0 ! Your claim has been noted. 😀
  • Options
    fatness1974fatness1974 Posts: 133 Member
    @soocoolsim
    I am going to use a same lot size in a different world since I am unable to install/download Cape Albacore. Is that ok?
  • Options
    @Hidehi Oh I would love to just shoot the machine but that would be pointless. I am just doing as many work arounds as possible. Can't install Cape albacore so I am working around that as well. Can't download from my studio. I will get something done though if I have make a basic build compared to my usual work. I forgot what it was like in the beginning when you had really nothing but base game. yike😱🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤞s!
  • Options
    @soocoolsim
    I am going to use a same lot size in a different world since I am unable to install/download Cape Albacore. Is that ok?

No problem. Looking forward to seeing your build @fatness1974 .
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,148 Member
    Hello everyone!

@soocoolsim, I'd like to claim the following two lots:

Map E, Lot #65, 65 Mahi-Mahi Point

Map C, Lot #30, 30 Blue Marlin Parkway
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,998 Member
    edited October 2023
    Obviously I worked ahead and hoped I'd get to claim that lot on the strand. I was worried about water in the basement if I placed it anywhere else. I didn't play it enough to check for water, wo I should double check that. I did include more pics in the upload because it's a huge, by my standards, house.

Here's the Strand: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9566504
    roof_up_original.jpg

@Sandraelle - I did use the nraas way of upgrading with debug enabler and was able to upgrade the electronics and other stuff by clicking on them individually and using the debug enabler to upgrade to fireproof, improved etc.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    @Hidehi - I got your lot in Albacore now. I really love the placement, the way the walkways line up with the pedestrian crosswalks, and all the shrubbery in-between parking spots and stairs. It's nice that you added a little picnic area off to the side as well. And, I think it fits in so well with the library too. ; }
  • Options
    @ciane love your build!!!
  • Options
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

@soocoolsim, I'd like to claim the following two lots:

Map E, Lot #65, 65 Mahi-Mahi Point

Map C, Lot #30, 30 Blue Marlin Parkway

Thanks very much @Sandraelle ! Your claims have been noted. 😀
  • Options
    Thanks @fatness1974 ! The inspiration was this:
    https://www.coastalhomeplans.com/product/bowens-island/

I had to place it with the front to the side of the lot. Then I reversed or flipped the plan and moved the front stairs and stairs up. I also switched the top floor plan for the middle one, so I'd have bedrooms above the main living area instead up going up two flights of stairs to the main area. It me awhile to conceptualize what I wanted, but I was really happy with how it worked out..
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Hello @everyone! Just a friendly reminder of the guidelines listed on our first page regarding the posting of your creation, e.g., custard check and lot reference #, etc. :) Thank you!
    Once your build is available on the Exchange/other site, please post on this thread with the following information...
    1. Link(s) to your lot download / media.
    2. Map reference # of your claim.
    3. Confirmation no third-party Custom Content is included in your lot (ie Custard screenshot).
    4. Optional cover shot. If desiring to include additional pics (eg floor plans / inspiration), please put them into spoilers.

• Options
    I worked ahead as well!! :):):)
    Red Lantern Lookout
    65 Mahi-Mahi Point (Map E, Lot #65)

DOWNLOAD ~ PICTURES

Red Lantern Lookout was an old lighthouse that had a small one-story home attached that was in disrepair and had only one bedroom. The property was recently purchased and has undergone a massive renovation with a second story added on and updated with a modernized style.

The lighthouse floors now contain family spaces, which consists of the dining room on the main floor, a reading nook on the 2nd floor and an art studio on the top floor. The top deck of the lighthouse boasts magnificent views and includes a telescope.

On the main floor, you’re welcomed to a spacious sitting room that’s open to the kitchen and family room, with great views of the water. Also on this floor is the dining room (in the lighthouse), a kitchen pantry and a powder room.

The new 2nd floor features a reading nook (in the lighthouse), the primary en-suite bedroom, two children’s bedrooms (one for a boy and one for a girl), a jack and jill bathroom, and a laundry room.

This property is a fisherman’s paradise. Besides fishing, the new boat dock contains various watercrafts and a pier for lounging. Also outdoors, you’ll find a fire pit, a swing set, an outdoor shower, a fish cleaning station and two bicycles (since there is no road leading to this property). The old, detached workshop has been converted to a home gym and entertainment space. Everything is upgraded. [Note: if the boats hang up in the air when you place the lot, just grab ahold of the, hit ESC button and they will plop back down.

FYI—You'll need to have the Sky High Roller Coaster set installed for it to look right, as I used the coaster supports on my lighthouse.

pY2bamL.jpg

Inspiration house:
    SOtlcDp.jpg

Custard Check:
    lAAzcL0.png
  • Options
    @Sandraelle - Lovely build. I like the way you used the greenhouse roof pieces and the red coloring on the light house part. The shingles and rock go great together. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like in my plain vanilla folder.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    Obviously I worked ahead and hoped I'd get to claim that lot on the strand. I was worried about water in the basement if I placed it anywhere else. I didn't play it enough to check for water, wo I should double check that. I did include more pics in the upload because it's a huge, by my standards, house.

Here's the Strand: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9566504
    roof_up_original.jpg

@Sandraelle - I did use the nraas way of upgrading with debug enabler and was able to upgrade the electronics and other stuff by clicking on them individually and using the debug enabler to upgrade to fireproof, improved etc.

@ciane, Just downloaded and installed your house! I like the blue interior color scheme, since that's my favorite color, lol. Great that this house has a basement and a pool as well. You switching around the rotation of the house where the front was on the side, worked well for that lot. I also like how you angled some of the wood flooring, it looked really cool. I should try that sometime.

Oh good, glad you were able to make use of the NRaas mod for upgrading, I just love that feature. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    @Sandraelle - Lovely build. I like the way you used the greenhouse roof pieces and the red coloring on the light house part. The shingles and rock go great together. It'll be interesting to see what it looks like in my plain vanilla folder.

Thank you so much @ciane. Yes, it will be quite interesting to see how my house turns out without some of those store pieces, lol. I think I will try and build one of my future houses with no store content, as I don't try and do that very often. :)

EDIT: to remove the part where I said I didn't use greenhouse pieces, geeze, my bad!! :s
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • Options
    @Sandraelle - The roller coaster supports simple weren't there and it doesn't look bad without them, but the greenhouse roofing that housed the big spot light is also missing and that makes it look a it stark. The biggest weird exchange was the outer fireplace brick which were replaced by a globe on the bottom and those deco knickknack wall shelves on the upper layers. The top of the chimney was in place, but there was no fireplace. Odd how some things are replaced - deco - and other things like beds, sinks, fireplaces, and roof pieces are just left out.

The crisp blue and white beachy inside was a sharp contrast from the creamy, warm outside. I do like it, just wasn't expecting it.

I don't use Custard. If that is a problem, I'll just not build any more. No hard feelings. Enjoy your collab!
  • Options
    IdahoGal65IdahoGal65 Posts: 85 Member
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    my game is broken on my laptop (the new fast computer). My husband does IT and he can't figure it out either. did a new install(5xs) and wiped everything. I have the base game, but no expansions/stuff packs will download or install. I've read all the forum stuff and apparently this is a problem EA hasn't fixed. I am going to use my old desktop (SOOOO SLOW) just for sims 3. I am going to finish 21 Marlin way and not claim any other lots until I can sort it all out. Love the work everyone has done so far! Go Team lol 🏋️‍♂️🏋️‍♂️

So very sorry to hear you’re still having problems @fatness1974 . Thank you for committing to complete 21 Marlin Way. Keeping my fingers crossed you find a solution.

I don't know if this will work for stuff packs, but it works for downloading store content. Under the EA App settings, (3 bars in upper left corner) under the Notifications tab, turn off the in-game overlay and uncheck the in-game boxes in the section above it. Everytime EA updates their app, they turn the in-game overlay on again, so the problem may reoccur. I hope this helps with packs as well as store content. Good Luck.
  • Options
    @Sandraelle - The roller coaster supports simple weren't there and it doesn't look bad without them, but the greenhouse roofing that housed the big spot light is also missing and that makes it look a it stark. The biggest weird exchange was the outer fireplace brick which were replaced by a globe on the bottom and those deco knickknack wall shelves on the upper layers. The top of the chimney was in place, but there was no fireplace. Odd how some things are replaced - deco - and other things like beds, sinks, fireplaces, and roof pieces are just left out.

The crisp blue and white beachy inside was a sharp contrast from the creamy, warm outside. I do like it, just wasn't expecting it.

I don't use Custard. If that is a problem, I'll just not build any more. No hard feelings. Enjoy your collab!

@ciane, Oops, sorry about that. Geeze, l can't believe I said I didn't use the greenhouse pieces, duh me! Well at least a regular roof could be added (I think) in place of them.

So weird about the fireplace missing, that was just a game one I used, but I used the store fireplace chimney pieces. It's so comical what the game chooses to replace store items with, lol. Glad you liked the blue and white beachy color scheme. :)
  • Options
    IdahoGal65IdahoGal65 Posts: 85 Member
    @soocoolsim - I would like to claim 93 Blobfish Path, if possible. Thanks.