Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are Your Plans For The Horse Ranch EP?

Comments

• Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I don’t imagine I’ll be playing with horses all too often as I’m more interested in this pack for the world and the CAS and BB assets. However, I’m thinking I’ll have my main sim’s daughter, Mabel, be into horses and maybe horseback riding can be her hobby as a child/teen. We’ll see!
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,448 Member
    Another idea I just had: A family consisting entirely of animals in the beach neighbourhood of Brindleton Bay. I don't have anyone living there yet, so that would be a nice incentive to explore it. The two sims (maybe a married couple) are a werewolf and a mermaid, and they have a cat, a dog, a raccoon, maybe a few chickens, and a horse, of course. Too bad the water isn't swimmable, that would have been awesome for the mermaid. Oh well, a home pool it is then.

I had a sim live in that house and from her kitchen window you can see townies walk their pets there by the house and their pets poop there. :lol:
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

DEATH will finally be able to ride his horse Binky again! After all those years 😭
    I even replaced Binky with a white llama, but it's just not the same ;)
    b8fcb4d5c6c0512621c5a4f735a7541d053b215b.jpg

d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    pameler417pameler417 Posts: 51 Member
    I'm currently doing a decades challenge and the release will line up perfectly when I make it to the great depression of the 1930s. Americans moved west to California and other fruitful places for farm work. Prohibition will be over in time for nectar making, it's so serendipitous!
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    edited July 2023
    My plan is super simple.
    1. Move my sims to the new world
    2. Build them a new home
    3. Give them a horse
    Seriously, that's it, lol. We'll see where it goes from there. :D
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    My plan is super simple.
    1. Move my sims to the new world
    2. Build them a new home
    3. Give them a horse
    Seriously, that's it, lol. We'll see where it goes from there. :D

Or you could *give them a horse, they can *ride to the new world and then you *build them a home ;)
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,968 Member
    Y'all.

Vlad + that Sam Elliot character?

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,490 Member
    I still need to see the actual world before deciding whether or not I'm going to have a family live there, but I've already started building a very nice New England styled ranch in Brindleton Bay! I just need to wait for the pack to finish it off with a barn and stables!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I built the Ponderosa ranch house and barn from Bonanza as preparation for my new game. I used the items I have now but plan to replace some with the new items when the pack comes out. I am waiting to try to get an idea at the size needed of a corral and stall from horses before finishing. I plan to have other farm animals from Cottage Living and gardens so hoping the areas needed aren't too large. Knowing the sizes of the lots will be helpful so looking forward to learning about the map as well. I had so much fun building Ponderosa as it brought back so many memories as my family always watched it together when I was growing up! Will be fun to have in my game!
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,381 Member
    @Lenny_Ogg I definitely want to see Death and Binky together at last. I look forward to your screenshots.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 674 Member
    I will create a werewolf who lives as a hermit on the Galloping Gulch neighboorhood. He will start with no funds and maybe a goat. The werewolf powers are going to be very useful with needs management while living in the wild. I want him to find his horse in the world instead of buying. From there he will slowly build up his ranch.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,147 Member
    So, besides my obvious ideas of making a blended twist of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman meets Outlander family household, plus Pocahontas household. As well as my Westernsong Family household that I'm currently working on sortof based on my most favorite female Country Singers: Shania Twain, Dolly Parton, Reba McEntire & Martina McBride.
    I'm thinking about giving that new townie "Sam Elliot" sim from Horse Ranch a wife named Katherine Ross based on real life.
    Furthermore, I'm thinking of giving that new townie "Cowgirl Barbie" sim from Horse Ranch her sisters, Skipper, Stacie & Katie.
    <3B):p;)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,568 Member
    My archaeologist couple, Toby and Milly Newman, are an active pair and will love living on a ranch between treks around the jungle.

I also have a dude called Fergus McHugh (he's got a wife and daughter), he's really into old Western style stuff, loves fishing and nature and I think I may get him to retire to the new world when he ages up. His daughter intends to be a doctor when she grows up and I can imagine her loving horses.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,697 Member
    No idea when I will get this pack, but looking forward to that day :)

I'm not into horses, so I assume just 4-5 of my 100+ households will have a horse. But I have plenty of plans anyway:
    - Chestnut Ridge will be part of my Oasis Spring+StrangerVille region.
    - The Equestrian center will have strong ties to my Aristocracy. I already know who will be forming the Board.
    - A rancher (maybe a couple with no kids, or a widowed sim) will run a High School involving riding and building good manners etc - suitable for the elite that can pay... I already created diplomas for those students :)
    - There will be 2-3 sheep farms and 2-3 goat farms spread around my kingdom, but I need to learn more about how one can make a living of sheep/goats.
    - I already have a few nectar farms (cc), and with the new feature this will obviously be adjusted.
    - My travel agency, Way 2 Go Travels, will probably arrange trips into the Chestnut Ridge world, probably involving horses and camping. Need more info to plan this.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,031 Member
    Has someone come up with a sheriff or law enforcement officers--like the different western TV shows? Could be fun to combine law sims with outlaw sims!
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2112968&authkey=%21AFG_kfHWTAiJlGs&width=425&height=521
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2112967&authkey=%21AEGzwL2tJitZSOk&width=320&height=467
    embed?resid=8307EBD5C2988473%2112969&authkey=%21APUe2_Jd8lxSn7M&width=371&height=476
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    lanlyn wrote: »
    Has someone come up with a sheriff or law enforcement officers--like the different western TV shows? Could be fun to combine law sims with outlaw sims!

Oh, man, the first season of Dark Winds was soooo good! Second season starts soon, just in time for some inspiration.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,209 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    So, besides my obvious ideas of making a blended twist of Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman meets Outlander family household [...]
    I completely forgot about my Outlander household. I made Claire and Jamie roughly two years ago for Cottage Living, even furnished a house for them in Henford-on-Bagley, but never moved them in. Now that we're getting horses, I might give them another go. Not in Chestnut Ridge, though. The Bramblewood in Henford-on-Bagley looks more like their home region in later seasons.
  • Options
    I also have plans for the Outlander characters to join my game. I just finished their big house and plan to also build the cabin. Won't be completing any builds until after I get the pack, as I want to use the items in the new pack on all of my ranch builds. @GrumpyGlowfish, I agree that Henford is the best town for them. I want to fill Henford with off-the-grid/simple living gameplay. @SERVERFRA, I am planning on Dr. Quinn characters too, as well as little house on the prairie and Little Women. Possibly Waltons as well. It is fun to revisit the TV stories and characters we grew up with! I know it will take a long time to complete, but will be worth it in the end! :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,053 Member
    I had some western TV characters in my game a while back and I think I'll put them back in as neighbors. The Ingalls family from Little House, the Cartwrights from Bonanza, Matt Dillon from Gunsmoke.

I just wish we'd see a variety of Sims out and about instead of the same characters walking around.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,209 Member
    Oh, the nostalgia! Little House on the Prairie was completed long before I was even born, but my parents introduced me to it, creating fond childhood memories. Too bad I barely remember anything other than the main characters' names and faces. I wonder if it's streaming somewhere so I can rewatch it.
  • Options
    @GrumpyGlowfish, I usually search online for the list of characters and pics from the show. Sometimes that helps jog my memory. I looked up where to watch it and found it on Amazon (found add the Freevee has it and is on Amazon?), Peacock, Vudu, and Apple TV. Not sure if there is a cost with these other than the cost of the company streaming.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,053 Member
    Forgot I'll also be adding the Barkley's from The Big Valley. I loved Audra and Heath. 😊 There's a pretty good representation of the family on the Gallery.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    edited July 2023
    My sim kipper will learn line dancing and learn to ride horses and take care of them yee haw
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,035 Member
    it seems that universe is advertising this pack as I keep seeing sheep goats and horses everywhere

I even saw goats in the middle of town like they own the place what is happening
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    Can you believe it?
    They started reruns of Dr. Quinn right today where I live (in Italy).
    They had started to broadcast it last year, and I got so into it that when they stopped it somewhere in the middle of Season 2, I was really sad. It came back today, right where they had interrupted it, and I couldn't be more happy!
    I'm planning a 1850s legacy when the pack comes out, so this is really good inspiration for houses and clothes. I wonder if there is a good-looking Sully on the gallery 🤔. He would be great as the founder of my legacy.
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.