Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share Your Growing Together Builds!

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
Hey simmers :blush:

Here's the Growing Together build thread!! I am beyond excited to see your nurseries, family homes, game rooms for the elderly, and whatever else y'all can think of <3 WE ARE FINALLY GETTING THE PERSONALITY/FAMILY PACK GUYS :smiley::smiley::smiley:

In the meantime, feel free to browse the awesome things simmers have made for High School Years, My Wedding Stories, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Island Living, and Discover University. Or look at some renovated apartments here.

ts4-ep13-epi-screen-001-16x9.jpg.adapt.1456w.jpg

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I went in to an older save tonight to have a look at the treehouse I built way back when we got Kids stuff and void critters in 2016. I've updated it a bit tonight and will do more with it once we get the pack. Or maybe even build different ones in different places....and MAYBE even a huge connecting one between trees in a park or something.

While the other one is okay, I think I will rather have my sims have treehouses suited to who they are and what they can do in them...

7b86r13.png
    9Iegtg4.png
    aAP9lm7.png
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I went in to an older save tonight to have a look at the treehouse I built way back when we got Kids stuff and void critters in 2016. I've updated it a bit tonight and will do more with it once we get the pack. Or maybe even build different ones in different places....and MAYBE even a huge connecting one between trees in a park or something.

While the other one is okay, I think I will rather have my sims have treehouses suited to who they are and what they can do in them...

7b86r13.png
    9Iegtg4.png
    aAP9lm7.png

Looks pretty sweet! I haven’t thought about Voidcritters in years.
  • Options
    @fullspiral always amazed at ur creativity / builds lol. Very nice!
  • Options
    @SimTrippy lol, well thanks, but I fully admit my build skills are poor and basic.
    But I like the idea of making my own treehouses for this. Even a teen hangout one! We need some no girls/boys allowed signs! lol

• Options
    Altered the rec center (sorry lilsimsie) I put the library there since I plan on deleting the library in the other neighbourhood.

4yOBvTi.png
  • Options
    Also just altered the rental lot down by the movie theatre and converted in to a restaurant bc who doesn't do dinner and a movie??

ipRGuGA.png
  • Options
    Ok guysss let's see if I can motivate myself to build a new pool today
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited March 2023
    I built a cafe on the 40x20 lot across the street from the splash pad. That location seemed perfection for some kind of food venue... an ice cream shop or family restaurant would be great here too.

Gilbert Gardens Cafe:
    Views of the bay:
    uj19INN.png

Relaxing by the fountain:
    9sQNbfI.png

Infant and toddler friendly:
    MBwXAsQ.png

Mmmm, pastries:
    vCqYdoc.png

Lot type: Cafe
    Size: 40x20

CC free and only uses Base Game, Get Together, and Growing Together packs.
    Available on my gallery if anyone's interested in grabbing it for themselves. :)

Beautiful lot! Can you tell me which pack the ‘All of the Things Table’ by the bathroom door is from? It shows a weird shaped green icon so it appears to be from a stuff pack, but when I checked the icon of SPs, it’s not listed. Is it a recolour? The icon has 5 sides instead of a circle.

Edit as I found the roof.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited March 2023
    g01denswan wrote: »
    Beautiful lot! Can you tell me which pack the ‘All of the Things Table’ by the bathroom door is from? It shows a weird shaped green icon so it appears to be from a stuff pack, but when I checked the icon of SPs, it’s not listed. Is it a recolour? The icon has 5 sides instead of a circle.

Edit as I found the roof.

That hallway table by the bathroom is one of the custom content items submitted by Peacemaker for that free base game update EA gave us a while back (last year I think?). Even though it has a green icon in the corner, it's a base game item.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Okay thanks! I was wondering if I was missing some content.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    https://tumblr.com/jennie-effin/712422364783296514/18-celebration-way?source=share

I am terrible at showing photos but I did break down after 2 years of not building anything and built a coffeeshop in San Sequoia based on my favorite coffee shop in San Francisco. I feel that if the devs didn't want to make this look the SF I remember I may as well give it a shot.
  • Options
    blaq797blaq797 Posts: 145 Member
    I've done some quite nice houses of late myself, haven't put them on gallery just yet though. Been focused on the sort of house that has a central bathroom in the middle of the first floor with either a basement or second floor [or both] for more rooms. Considering my lack of "lived in building skill", I think they turn out ok if basic. I don't use any cc for building houses either.

One example should be up on the gallery, but it is a few years old. Gallery id of dcwestby
    Sorry, Avatar is merely my favorite Sims 4 sim.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Just a basic family house I built I even put in a guest room, don't know if anyone is having trouble with the stay overs but I got a guest that did eventually use his room ha.
    jaDTPu1.png
    OxlQDe2.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2023
    RGeetect
    i built A SPLASH WATER Park in sims 4 \ NO CC \ The Sims 4 Growing together speed build \ sims 4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ggrhy9jT16I

RGeetect
    i built an Eco REC CENTER in the Sims 4 \ growing together speed build \ Recreation center remake
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdXZlUrMQ6Y
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Waterpark for Families
    Kate Emerald

https://youtu.be/hxtdAZMMTfw
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I made a restaurant, it serves pancakes and a selection of soft drinks, coffee and tea.

ugn4onL.png

43iS9Kw.png

nEEwdHm.png

IuGwksN.png

DrE853t.png
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I wanted each town in the world to have similar builds that reflect the area while accommodating the families that reside in them.

Hopewell Hills
    Building can be very time consuming and I wanted to start playing as soon as possible. Several homes where built from rooms that I used from my other builds in various worlds.

For this build, I was able to use a home I built for Cottage Living. Made some changes to the exterior and interior using Growing Together build items as well as build items from other packs. This is Denton's and Bella's home which will accommodate their growing family once they are married.
    Denton-Bella-s-House-Pic-1.jpg

Interior
    This is a two-story house. The second floor consist of the bedrooms and adjoining bathrooms.
    Denton-Bella-s-House-Pic-2.jpg

First floor of the home.
    Denton-Bella-s-House-Pic-3.jpg

I used this style home for Hopewell Hills and Gilbert Gardens.
    Residential-Home-P1.jpg
    This is the interior of the house if the family has a toddler.
    Residential-Home-P2.jpg

First story of the home for those who have a toddler.
    Residential-Home-P3.jpg

This is the interior I used for those families with children.
    Residential-Home-P4-2-children.jpg

Typically, I like to make sure that the children have a playroom.
    Residential-Home-P5-2-children.jpg

Anchorpoint Wharf
    I wanted these homes to look similar to the builds in the world.
    August-Carlie-s-House-P1.jpg
    Interior of the house
    The entry way of this home is on the second story.
    August-Carlie-s-House-P2.jpg

The bedrooms, adjoining bathrooms, and play room are on the first floor.
    August-Carlie-s-House-P3.jpg

This is the second home I built for Anchorpoint Wharf using room builds from other worlds.
    Remy-House-P1.jpg

Interior of the home
    Although this is a two-story home, everything for the family is on the first floor.
    Remy-House-P2.jpg

This is the third home I built for Anchorpoint Wharf. Built this one to match the exterior of the home next door to it.
    Clemons-House-P1.jpg

Interior of the home
    The second floor consist of the bedrooms, adjoining bathrooms, and laundry room.
    Clemons-House-P2.jpg

Here is the first floor of the home.
    Clemons-House-P3.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    San Sequoia Townhouse 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 Growing Together (noCC) the Sims 4 | Stop Motion by Marmelad
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aznsbYVt_Ko
  • Options
    The recreation center exterior build fits the world. For the interior, the builder used the bb.moveobjects cheat which I wish they had not. Builds that remain a part of the game should never use this cheat. Nevertheless, I made changes to the interior without the use of that cheat.

Here is how the interior now looks.
    Rec-Center-1.jpg

Rec-Center-2.jpg

Rec-Center-3.jpg

Minor changes made to the second floor along with adjusting items that used the bb.moveobjects cheat.
    Rec-Center-4.jpg

Rec Center playground: small change made to this.
    Rec-Center-Playground.jpg

The library in the game is a really nice build. The only thing I changed was the bathroom.
    Library-1.jpg

Library-2.jpg

Library-3.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    https://tumblr.com/jennie-effin/712422364783296514/18-celebration-way?source=share

I am terrible at showing photos but I did break down after 2 years of not building anything and built a coffeeshop in San Sequoia based on my favorite coffee shop in San Francisco. I feel that if the devs didn't want to make this look the SF I remember I may as well give it a shot.

@jennieeffin Fantastic SF block/cafe :) is it on the gallery?
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member

@jennieeffin Fantastic SF block/cafe :) is it on the gallery?

It is! My gallery ID is Beatreject12. You can also just look up "18 Celebration Way" and it comes up under "popular now." It's by far the most popular thing I've ever built, because I think there's a real hunger for ACTUAL SF builds. I'm not a builder, so I heartily encourage folks to download, improve upon, and reupload this build.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    San Fransisco's famous "painted ladies" Victorian homes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pblf8pBjf0
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain