Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are Your Plans for Growing Together?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    No plan, just wait and see.

The plans will come when I will understand how it works and test all the possibilities.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited March 2023
    I do that a lot... I have to test to see how it all works or fit together, I even have my save game on my flash drive just in case.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm going to go straight into Build-Buy mode and find out how I can use it on my spooky Jason Voorhees lot.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The second generation of my Legacy Challenge are all about to age up into young adults and start having kids, so I'm just gonna keep going with normal gameplay. I'll probably make a new save, just to play through the infant life stage and the new world first, but as soon as the kid ages up into a toddler I'm going right back to the legacy.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Plans??? MAKE BABIES OF COURSE!!! MUAHHAHAHAH

YeTa8rE.png
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I have 2 saves right now. One is my feature test save that I have on hold (and had since Sims 4 released) until the pack releases. The second save is a new save I created today of a single mother and her infant son. They have moved into a starter home in Willow Creek. They MIGHT be moving to San Sequoia when the pack releases lol

Not sure which save I will play more but the save I have had for years might turn into a legacy challenge. She might even test the Science Baby feature for some fun lol
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    lemonella wrote: »
    EDIT: So my plans have changed! After careful consideration, I’ve decided not to restart my Holden family gameplay. It took me over 2 years to play two generations of this family, and I’ve started my game over multiple times in the past. I’ve decided that I’m going to continue on with Dallas as my main Holden heir. She will be the first to experience the new infants and gameplay features from the new expansion pack. I have plenty of time to play through the rest of her teenage years, get her through University, and throw her a beautiful wedding and honeymoon before mid-March. Wade and Darla have had their time to shine, it’s about time I put the spotlight on their children!

I like your change of plans a lot! I think it’s a really nice idea and you’ll get to experience new and old things with new eyes! Good luck 🙂.

I also sort of changed my plans, I decided just start my new save on release so all my sims can be fully developed with the new features and have a bit of a life rather than just be parents. I think it will be a while before I see my main sims born again but it will be nice to play as their family. Very excited for the pack now!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Evict most of the townies of Sequoia & begin have my household move in.
    Also, bodozing most of the lots & reshaping the world as I want it. :p
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited March 2023
    My saved game had got all missed up because of the mod file I had.. so I'm going to start playing without Mods or CC's and it took all day to get my sim's ready for tomorrow... I set up my sim Brandon who was divorced in my last save file, so I put him in and divorced her...moved the ex-wife and Child out... then married him to my other girl.. and then gave them a baby.. oh, also I got them about to have other one in three sim days.. because she is Pregnant also, then I have all the singles also... a few building I have to make.
  • Options
    fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    For the longest time i been playing with my legacy family The Reed Legacy and other years been expanding the family where its at 5 generations, as i had messed up earlier with no parents for John reed the current head of the Reed family - so i made his elder mom and now to add his father to make it full family with elder parents, and 5 generations - i hate killing off my legacy sims lol

i need to reorganize my packs that i will used now with Growing Together that is family/legacy oriented and uninstall exp/pack i dont play with anymore. My original goal was reorganize willowcreek and classic families, and redo other towns
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I wasn't planning on getting the game right away, but Plumbella and James Turner's reviews won me over. I'm still planning on playing with Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way (and now I know I can make her hate everyone!), but the stars aligned and I got the perfect family for this pack.

Incoming tl;dr and gushing, because I love these sims
    lRVcf1u.png
    Jace is an orphan, and was raised as a child servant for a notable witch family, the Newts. As the magical world went through some political upheaval, the Newts were left looking bad. Due to social pressure, they sent Jace to Brindleton Bay's all-lifestate school to look good.

Luna Stellar is the great-great-granddaughter of the current Magus, a religious leader. He executed her father to honor a deal the father had made, it's this whole thing you don't need to worry about. Luna was really close to her father, and he had trained her and her siblings extensively to be great witches. She spent much of her formative years trying to please him, and now it was all for naught.

She decided to run away from home, and ended up bringing along Jace. He barely knew her, but he decided to tag along because he didn't have magic, family, or anything tying him down. Too bad they decided to leave for Copperdale in the middle of winter. It was quite a shock for the Sulani-born Luna.

One thing I really like is how they interact. Jace is always in a positive mood, he's always there to comfort Luna, and he was able to keep them afloat with Trendi. Hilariously though, no one wanted to buy the outfits he made, based on his own fashion sense.

Meanwhile, Luna would always be in a foul mood. But whenever Jace was having a rough time, she'd take him to the pier and go on rides with him.

nvoexQl.png
    At one point, they got taken aboard a space pirate's ship, where they were dropped off on Batuu. Jace aligned with the Scoundrels, while Luna saw easy credits with the First Order. Batuu gameplay stinks hard, so they only stayed for a few days to earn credits and bring home some cash. Also, I found a glitch in the pack that lets you sell the same item over and over, essentially granting you infinite credits.

ZnRyT78.png
    They were still poor, but other teens in Copperdale were kind to them. One of them even invited them to a pre-prom party. Someone burned food and set the kitchen on fire, but Jace and Luna didn't notice.

USbGMlw.png
    They went to prom as friends. But somewhere between struggling through poverty together, adventuring through space together, and building a home together, they ended up realizing their feelings for each other.

Now they're young adults. Jace is a dishwasher, saving up to buy his own restaurant. Luna is a paranormal investigator. They managed to build up a modest home, though they still need to dumpster dive and refurbish furniture to stay afloat. But once their affairs are in order, they plan on getting married and starting a family. Since Jace doesn't have a family name, he's going to take Luna's.

Boy, would it sure mess things up if they ended up having an unplanned pregnancy.

CJ6eYja.png
    Also, they have a shiba inu named Donut.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    lemonella wrote: »
    EDIT: So my plans have changed! After careful consideration, I’ve decided not to restart my Holden family gameplay. It took me over 2 years to play two generations of this family, and I’ve started my game over multiple times in the past. I’ve decided that I’m going to continue on with Dallas as my main Holden heir. She will be the first to experience the new infants and gameplay features from the new expansion pack. I have plenty of time to play through the rest of her teenage years, get her through University, and throw her a beautiful wedding and honeymoon before mid-March. Wade and Darla have had their time to shine, it’s about time I put the spotlight on their children!

I like your change of plans a lot! I think it’s a really nice idea and you’ll get to experience new and old things with new eyes! Good luck 🙂.

I also sort of changed my plans, I decided just start my new save on release so all my sims can be fully developed with the new features and have a bit of a life rather than just be parents. I think it will be a while before I see my main sims born again but it will be nice to play as their family. Very excited for the pack now!

@JustinB113 Its funny you mentioned liking my plans because my save glitched and it messed up my everything! I’m back to my original plan of starting over, but it’s a blessing — not a curse!

That’s a really good idea to have your entire save start out with fully developed townies! It also sounds like a lot of updating is in your future. Though your main sims won’t be born for a little while, at least you’ll have time to get a feel for the new features without jumping straight into the deep end! Good luck with your save, and happy simming :)
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited March 2023
    For the first time, besides the main family that I will play with, I actually decided to make an extended family as well including grandparents, uncles/aunts, cousins, to live in different households so it will be fun to invite them for a visit, or for parties/holiday celebrations or to stay over for a few days. Also I made sims of all the age groups to try out all the different interactions they can have. That took a while to create all those sims, also since it's more than 8 sims I needed to split the household and go back to CAS to add more family members, but I think it will be worth the time.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I will focus on my young couple and their friendships until I can get a mod in that allows me to choose how many kids they can have. I hate that the odds of twins and triplets is too high in the game. Do not want!
  • Options
    AandasmumAandasmum Posts: 46 Member
    my plans is actually being able to download it....just get download error all the time
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Does anyone else experience their newborns not wearing their outfit on the gallery pictures?