The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE MOLE: Unfinished Business

Comments

• Options
    M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,844 Member
    I never play S2 anymore. I'm not even sure it works on my computer. lol I bet it does. Graphics, though. :D It's rough for me. I'm a snob. lol

Graphic quality is moddable nowadays. ;) I've seen some Sims 2 pictures that look SO. Beautiful... :relaxed:

Hmmmmm....like where? If you don't mind sharing. You can do PM if you want. And maybe I've seen some but how, too? lol

Someone on these forums had one picture in their signature earlier.
    I could google some though. Hang on...
    Banner.png
  • Options
    zefiewingszefiewings Posts: 2,649 Member
    edited August 2018
    It's interesting that you say sims 4 is worse for relationships, I find it quite the opposite. In sims 3 you had to dedicate to just standing there and talking forever but 4 the better multitasking means that people get to know each other by actually DOING things together! Its one of the reasons I can't go back to 3. That and it actually runs.

I don't know if its fair to say "4 is so light on content because it's lazy". I mean, if you like 3 better all the power to you but there is no way they are sitting there just like "nah I don't feel like it." Things come down to outside factors like time and budget which comes down from higher up than them. But the big thing is everyone during sims 3 started chanting the idea of "we would rather have less content and have it higher quality! Don't put so much in and make it run better! Etc etc" and this is exactly what they did for 4 but they get nothing but flack for it. Like whichever sims you want but feels harsh to sit on a site dedicated to a game(s) you've all spend YEARS playing and complaining that the developers don't try.
    ff1pc0.jpg
    My Blog story with the challenge of my own design! Click and see!
  • Options
    twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    edited August 2018
    Personally, I tried TS4, I bought it when it was on Sale (I didn't buy it straight away because I had looked up what others had thought about it when it first came out and at the time most reviews were not positive) I downloaded it and played it for an hour or two, Didn't like it so went back to using TS3 the same day. :D

I don't know if it was just me being nostalgic but I felt like it was lacking something, I couldn't quite put my finger on it at the time, I just didn't enjoy playing it as much as I did the other games in the series, Which was a shame because I wanted to like it. :/

Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    I never play S2 anymore. I'm not even sure it works on my computer. lol I bet it does. Graphics, though. :D It's rough for me. I'm a snob. lol

You're missing out Lo, S2 graphics were pretty good for their time! and like Vul said, I've seen some modded versions which look great.

I would still use TS2 to this day if I could get it to run, I had every EP and SP for it but they were all in disk form (Sounds archaic I know :D ) so my computer throws a wobbly ever time I try to install one. :s
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Yeah, the exchange probably assumes that households only have 8 sims at most

Why is 8 still the limit anyway? It's been that way since TS1. It seems...archaic. Mods have proven that large households are doable

I feel like they've gotten lazy. Like why bother when the modders will do it anyway? ("and we don't even have to pay them!")

I forget. Do cats and dogs count towards the 8 maximum?..... I'm feeling some deja-vu rn, I've probably asked this question recently lol

But anyway. Thank the lord for mods. I'd have lost my sanity long ago without them.

I think the developers have missed a trick there when it comes to households, Something as simple as having an option in settings for increasing max household population would do the game a world of good.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    Personally, I tried TS4, I bought it when it was on Sale (I didn't buy it straight away because I had looked up what others had thought about it when it first came out and at the time most reviews were not positive) I downloaded it and played it for an hour or two, Didn't like it so went back to using TS3 the same day. :D

I don't know if it was just me being nostalgic but I felt like it was lacking something, I couldn't quite put my finger on it at the time, I just didn't enjoy playing it as much as I did the other games in the series, Which was a shame because I wanted to like it. :/

Was it just the base game you tried? If so I'm not suprised you didn't enjoy it, there is not much to it lol. With the adds ons it's a lot more enjoyable!
  • Options
    I hated sims 4 at first, it took me I think a year after it came out to buy it, I hated how the sims looked. Once I decided to try it I didnt like it at all but as the packs started coming out I enjoyed it more and the look of the sims grew on me. I used to play with tons of CC but now I use hardly any.

I think most people don't like it because they compared to the others too much but if you think of it as a different game you might enjoy it more.
  • Options
    HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,700 Member
    I adore the sims 4 XD I think it’s better in pretty much every way, simply because... it runs and everything looks beautiful :’3
  • Options
    x_MG_xx_MG_x Posts: 21,308 Member
    The thing is that the Sims 4 base game is extremely lacking. If you want to improve your base game, you need to have a bunch of eps which cost a lot of money.

I heard that there was DLC for DLC in the Sims 4 in which that was received a lot of backlash from fans.

This in comparison to the Sims 3 in which has a bunch of base game content and the base game felt complete while the Sims 4 did not.
    BTW, call me Jake.
  • Options
    I felt like the base game for sims 4 has a lot?... enough for the game o.O
  • Options
    HayloHusky wrote: »

I wish I knew about these reality games before, I would have loved to be in yours, they all seem to be sims 3. Making sims in 4 is definitely a lot better!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    kittymeow wrote: »

I wish I knew about these reality games before, I would have loved to be in yours, they all seem to be sims 3. Making sims in 4 is definitely a lot better!

If there is ever a season 3, I'd be more than happy to have you come swoop in :3 Hehe

CAS in 4 is the BEST part of the entire game XD I could make sims for hours :'3
  • Options

Was it just the base game you tried? If so I'm not suprised you didn't enjoy it, there is not much to it lol. With the adds ons it's a lot more enjoyable!

Yeah it was just base game and on a Teacher's salary I was reluctant to put in any more money just to get better content, For the amount I paid for the Base game I was expecting something more and I just couldn't get on with it. :(

Mind you though, I'm a bit of a fusspot when it comes to change and after being so well versed with 3, 4 just felt alien to me which didn't help my perception of it. :D
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options

Hmm, I can see why it might appeal to some but it just wasn't my cup of tea, tbh everything felt so small and boxed in when I first started it up, Going from one game to the other it felt like I'd downsized from something rather "Open and spacious" to something as they would say in the trade "Compact & Bijou" (Small and pokey to you and me :D )

If you look at it as its own game (Like Kitty said) and judge it on its merits rather than its faults though, It's good for what you get.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • Options
    edited August 2018

If there is ever a season 3, I'd be more than happy to have you come swoop in :3 Hehe

Yayyyyyy, well I'll keep hoping there will be a season 3.

I agree, I'm currently in CAS making a new sim using the free content they gave us today. :D
  • Options
    WinteryGarnetWinteryGarnet Posts: 2,320 Member
    I think there are a lot of pros and cons to both, and it just boils down to what cons you hate the most lol
    Like, Sims 3 was so slow. It was so big, and had so much with all of the packs, to the point that if you didn't have a great computer it was just so slow. I had so many problems with crashing and corruption XP
    Sims 4 has less content, but it runs better. It also has more detailed CAS (Save for the color wheel, but that makes it aesthetically look better since it's not just color over a grey texture.)

I play Sims 4, because sims 3 doesn't run on my computer, and Sims 2 in origin isn't mac compatible.
    At the end of the day, I just love sims <3 EA has owned my soul since I was 8 lol
  • Options

Yeah it was just base game and on a Teacher's salary I was reluctant to put in any more money just to get better content, For the amount I paid for the Base game I was expecting something more and I just couldn't get on with it. :(

Mind you though, I'm a bit of a fusspot when it comes to change and after being so well versed with 3, 4 just felt alien to me which didn't help my perception of it. :D

I didn't like the base game, I played it a bit but went back to play the sims 3 until the first expansion pack came out so I understand.

I can understand it felt alien to you, it's a shame you can't get to try out the expansion packs before buying them. Sure you can watch videos but I think you need to experience it yourself.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    edited August 2018
    I like all the sims games. Admittedly, S4 was very bare on release, but we have pools and toddlers now, and the toddlers are great. TS4 kind of grew on me in its own way, even if I'm not a fan of the cartoony look. Pair that with the Parenthood pack and it has my favorite family play. TS4 has its own thing now, and when comparing it to S3, it does have certain things that S3 doesn't

I'd still like it if they could address complaints about the base like traits and emotions not being impactful enough. Also, I did hate the idea of DLC for DLC, so I refuse to ever get MFP
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,748 Member

The only thing I feel I'm missing out on in terms of TS4 is indeed the CAS. :p And I guess the building too, that's advanced quite a bit as well. It awakens the dormant architect in me. XD
  • Options
    TurnerTurner Posts: 10,748 Member

Hmm, I can see why it might appeal to some but it just wasn't my cup of tea, tbh everything felt so small and boxed in when I first started it up, Going from one game to the other it felt like I'd downsized from something rather "Open and spacious" to something as they would say in the trade "Compact & Bijou" (Small and pokey to you and me :D )

If you look at it as its own game (Like Kitty said) and judge it on its merits rather than its faults though, It's good for what you get.

I agree. I think it was Vul who said TS4 was The Sims 2.5, which I find funnily accurate. It's weird to evolve to an open world and then revert back to non-open..... Then again, TS4 evolved into a more robust CAS and Build Mode, so it does have SOME things going for it... but they removed CASt, which is another step backwards. :/

So to me, TS4 was never an upgrade or a "new generation" of sims games. It was like a sibling. :o Meant for people who couldn't run TS3, or... I dunno, but they are too similar to want both. That's why it's such a huge debate because one isn't obviously better than the other. And from what I've seen all the EP's for TS4 are pretty much exactly the same as TS3... So if you've already invested time and money in TS3, there's really no reason to start from the bottom again with TS4. The content isn't THAT much different, it's all very minuscule.

I'm mostly curious what they are going to do with The Sims 5. They're going to have to do something VERY different in order to evolve this series....
  • Options
    Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    edited August 2018
    It’s so interesting to see everyone’s different perspectives on the Sims 4, to be honest. It isn’t my favourite but I like the fact that I can play it easily without severe lag and I’ve become too addicted at this point to stop.

I love the CAS a lot, I think despite the lack of CASt it still offers a decent amount of content but I still use a fair chunk of CC hair, clothing, and some makeup because the lipsticks are far too overpowering, or too glossy. It annoys me I can’t save my households with CC to the library but I can deal and get around it.
  • Options
    AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,990 Member
    It's Friday! Woot!
  • Options

You're missing out Lo, S2 graphics were pretty good for their time! and like Vul said, I've seen some modded versions which look great.

I would still use TS2 to this day if I could get it to run, I had every EP and SP for it but they were all in disk form (Sounds archaic I know :D ) so my computer throws a wobbly ever time I try to install one. :s

Hmm, the computer doesn't handle playing them, or just installing? There's the Ultimate Collection on Origin. Kitty also got it recently.
    Banner.png
  • Options
    Turner wrote: »

I agree. I think it was Vul who said TS4 was The Sims 2.5, which I find funnily accurate. It's weird to evolve to an open world and then revert back to non-open..... Then again, TS4 evolved into a more robust CAS and Build Mode, so it does have SOME things going for it... but they removed CASt, which is another step backwards. :/

So to me, TS4 was never an upgrade or a "new generation" of sims games. It was like a sibling. :o Meant for people who couldn't run TS3, or... I dunno, but they are too similar to want both. That's why it's such a huge debate because one isn't obviously better than the other. And from what I've seen all the EP's for TS4 are pretty much exactly the same as TS3... So if you've already invested time and money in TS3, there's really no reason to start from the bottom again with TS4. The content isn't THAT much different, it's all very minuscule.

I'm mostly curious what they are going to do with The Sims 5. They're going to have to do something VERY different in order to evolve this series....

I wouldn't call it 2,5 now when Sims 2 is clearly the better one. :) I mean, it's been out since 2004 and there's still regular cool content and mods on MTS to downlod. :)
    Banner.png
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,790 Member
    S4 is also missing tons of stuff S2 has (*coughvehiclescough*)

(Also 3D world views and editable/creatable worlds)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?