Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do so many people who hate/don't play this game come here?

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    It's cool @jimmysnan Sorry you have been so stressed, I hope things get better

Thank you
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Players are defensive? What did you expect with this type of thread?
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    There are thread dedicated to the bad about this game, I don't know why some people still feel the need to spread their opinions all over everything. And everyone takes everything so personally, if it doesn't apply let it fly

Same reason some feel the need to slap the 'haters' everyday with threads like this one.

Not the same thing AT ALL

Actually it IS the same.
    It's called lack of respect.
    And it needs to STOP.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    No one should be questioned on their reasons for coming here. It's irrelevant.
    If I loved a game like I did TS2 I wouldn't have time to be here talking about other players as you seem to be doing.
    Why does it bother you so much? Shouldn't you be off playing your beloved game? Since you seem to be on the forums just as much as these so called people your topic is about.

This is a lousy point and I'll tell you why.

Firstly, It implies that people only come to this forum to complain or because they're bored. This simply cannot be true because the forums weren't dead during The Sims supposed "Golden Age" because people were too busy playing a game. Gaming forums have always been a lively place for discussion.

Secondly, from my own personal experiences, I've clocked over 2000 hours in TS4 since launch and I still find time to come here and have discussions. I do this because, like others have said here, it's an interesting place to talk about Sims related stuff, whether it be good or bad.

Nevertheless, I, or anyone else, should not have to explain this because it's irrelevant, like this whole thread.

Nah, it's not a lousy point. It actually makes sense.

When ts2 and ts3 were new, I was never on the forums, I was too busy playing the game, the only use I had for forums was finding out how to use cheats and mods, and where to find CC.

I started posting on here a year ago, when I finally got ts4, but I still didn't play it for 6 months, and I really didn't like it at first. It's taken me 6 months to start to like ts4, but I will never love it, the way I loved ts2 and ts3. And I think I'm on the forums for more time than I spend playing, cos ts4 isn't as engaging as the previous versions. :/
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2016

I rather see complaints about the GAME, than complaints about the PEOPLE.

• Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    In general, the derailment of threads happens on both sides. One side cannot claim to be better then the other.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,829 Member
    There are thread dedicated to the bad about this game, I don't know why some people still feel the need to spread their opinions all over everything. And everyone takes everything so personally, if it doesn't apply let it fly

Same reason some feel the need to slap the 'haters' everyday with threads like this one.

Not the same thing AT ALL

Actually it IS the same.
    It's called lack of respect.
    And it needs to STOP.

You probably haven't read any of my posts in their entirety so I will ignore you and your use of bold italics
  • Options
    edited December 2016

You probably haven't read any of my posts in their entirety so I will ignore you and your use of bold italics

Was that supposed to be an insult? Really?
    You JUST proved my point on lack of respect.
    I have read your posts.
    Maybe you need to read the forum rules, and reread your own posts.
    The creator of this thread needs to refresh reading rules too.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817951/read-this-general-discussion-etiquette-updated#latest

(and I am done wasting my time here.)

• Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,829 Member

Was that supposed to be an insult? Really?
    You JUST proved my point on lack of respect.
    I have read your posts.
    Maybe you need to read the forum rules, and reread your own posts.
    The creator of this thread needs to refresh reading rules too.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817951/read-this-general-discussion-etiquette-updated#latest

(and I am done wasting my time here.)

How would that be an insult. I thought your text was very insulting.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    We are off topic now. Basically this is what I was talking about. These types of threads make it so others have to be on the defensive.
  • Options
    KenadiaKenadia Posts: 78 Member
    In regards to OP question, I too find it a bit odd. One reason for it could be that they are used to the community of Simmers and come here to be part of it, even though they're not happy with the game itself?

I know I wasn't happy with TS3 when it was first released but I loved to follow Simmers creations and stories and came for that - and occasionally expressed disappointment over things I missed from TS2. Over time I learned to like the game as new things were added, but yeah, I was mostly hanging around because I liked being among other Simmers :)
    2nlfmg7.png
    My legacy: Zest in the City
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    tenor.gif

Seems like this thread is not the most important thing we could be discussing tbh. :D
  • Options
    VirtualPets65VirtualPets65 Posts: 133 Member
    edited December 2016
    It's okay to voice your opinion and give suggestions on how to improve Sims 4. It's NOT okay to come to a certain forum and keep on bashing one version of Sims while always praising another version. ALL versions have their good points and bad points...you can either come to the S4 forum to keep bashing the game, or you can just play S3 or S2. I myself have mixed feelings about S4, but I'd rather spend my time doing what I enjoy doing-playing games on Marapets/Powerpets/Neopets...watching programs on Nat Geo Wild channel...going to Youtube and watching videos of various theme parks,etc.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2016
    It's okay to voice your opinion and give suggestions on how to improve Sims 4. It's NOT okay to come to a certain forum and keep on bashing one version of Sims while always praising another version. ALL versions have their good points and bad points...you can either come to the S4 forum to keep bashing the game, or you can just play S3 or S2. I myself have mixed feelings about S4, but I'd rather spend my time doing what I enjoy doing-playing games on Marapets/Powerpets/Neopets...watching programs on Nat Geo Wild channel...going to Youtube and watching videos of various theme parks,etc.
    It is okay when it happens to be the new version and you happen to own it and you happen to be interested in the future of the franchise. Praising 'another version' is nothing more than reminding everyone - and EA in particular - that we're very aware of what is possible in this game. It's not a battle between football teams. It's always okay to express your opinion on a forum about a certain subject. There's one subject this forum doesn't have: people. So why are we talking about people and their behaviour? Not only is that boring and uninteresting, it's also against forum rules. And with a reason.

What is not okay, is to burst into positive threads, filled with people enjoying positive experiences, and spoil it with negativism. It's also not okay to enter a clearly critical topic in Feedback to start whining and derailing. Other than that, everything's okay, as long as it's about the game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited December 2016
    JasonPogo wrote: »
    Ok so every time someone starts talking about this game in a thread you get someone who posts about how they have not played the game in like a year and they have given up on it getting any better. But if that is true why are you coming to a message board specifically for this game you hate so much and have given up on?

Before I attempt to answer your "question" could you answer my question first? Why does TS4 attract thoughtless consumers who can only enjoy linear games where players collect/earn stuff with robotic sims in uncustomisable closed worlds? Why do people who enjoy TS4 seem unable to express their enthusiasm for this (bad) game without putting people who don't share their opinions down? Has TS4 been designed for players with a lower capacity to think to and feel? Do you understand these questions, or should I type slower?

See... it's very easy to insult people by posing questions. Were you in a bad mood and just wanted to pick a fanwank fight? Why not just play your excellent game and make your sims fight? Oh, that's right in TS4 they'll be friends again after talking to each other for a couple minutes and you probably want this to go on and on for pages... I get it now.

The fact that you're allowed to get away with attacking other players instead of talking about the game speaks volumes about the thread by @SimGuruDrake about creating a welcoming forum. It's bad enough the game blows chunks... the community here is starting to reach failure state too.

So for the record: are you trying to suggest that I'm unwelcome in the official Sims forum because I don't like TS4? If so stop being a coward and say it outright. Passive aggressive attacks like this fodder some serious fanwank.

If this forum is just for you and like minded clones, do me a favour: refund me for my base game and EP and invest in a publishing company that can produce a competitive life simulation game because the Sims is the only video game I play. If you don't want me coming when TS5 is released... be warned, I already bought my fansite domain for it, so you'd best have that rival game up and running soon.

If you guys want to keep this on a personal level... and go after each other's blood instead of debating the game itself--you better be ready to suck it up like a straw when it comes back to you. Because what I remember is you guys kept posting threads like this in the past and then got ripped to shreds; then you started posting "Waaanh Waaaanh, I'm just a poor TS4 fan and I don't feel welcome in this forum because everyone disagrees with me... everyone lols my posts... everyone calls me a sheep Waaaanh Waaaaanh :bawling:"

Who's a scruffy looking nerf herder? B)

For the record I'm a huge TS3 fan I've only been back to the forum for a couple months and only been playing TS4 for a few weeks,
    I share in a lot of the same concerns and have the same objections a lot of fans have.

Yet In that short amount of time I can't tell you how many times I've been called to the carpet for saying the simplest of complimentary things about the game. Totally non personal, totally within the context of the thread yet still put on blast for no reason other than I happen to like a certain feature or features of the new game.

Not once has anyone jumped on me for saying somtheing neagtive about the game.

On the flip side I have called out a couple people for some pretty odd things like making blanket statements that are clearly false, and criticising EP's before they even launch. At least I know what to expect when I do that. :p

It truly shouldn't be an us vs them thing...and I remember there was a time back on the old foruims when it wasn't, and we all got along just fine. But make no mistake this isn't a case of people who love the game constantly peeing in your Cherrios. quite the opposite.

This thread and it's topic is reactionary.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,377 Member
    I love the franchise. I look for news of the new "unannounced Sims game" that different people are working on. I am hoping for Maxis to get back to the mentality they had when they made The Sims 2. I am hoping for them to give us news.

I have been playing this game for over a decade. I still play the sims 2 and the sims 3 and sometimes even the original The Sims. But the sims 4 is a complete fail for me. So I don't play it anymore. My grandkids play it when they come to visit, so I keep it up to date for them.

I come here, because I have made lots of friends here, over the years. That's why I come here even though I don't like this particular iteration of the Sims.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,377 Member
    So many defensive posts. If you actually read the whole first post you will see I am referring to people who give no real feedback and just tell us how much they hate the game.
    If you do not play but actually contribute to a conversation then good for you.

I read your whole post. I do not see where you are differentiating between feedback and just hating the game. But maybe it is just written poorly.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    tenor.gif

Seems like this thread is not the most important thing we could be discussing tbh. :D

Didn't know whether to like, awesome, or insightful your post... ah, the dilemma of choice :weary:

Super classy @Cinderellimouse
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Recreational Outrage is a great hobby for some.
  • Options
    stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    VKaWX.gif

Nope Not Today....

Happy Thursday/Friday everyone :)
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited December 2016
    Recreational Outrage is an great annoying hobby for some.

All patched up. Now onto the club!...(oh wait)
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,142 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Ok so every time someone starts talking about this game in a thread you get someone who posts about how they have not played the game in like a year and they have given up on it getting any better. But if that is true why are you coming to a message board specifically for this game you hate so much and have given up on?

Before I attempt to answer your "question" could you answer my question first? Why does TS4 attract thoughtless consumers who can only enjoy linear games where players collect/earn stuff with robotic sims in uncustomisable closed worlds? Why do people who enjoy TS4 seem unable to express their enthusiasm for this (bad) game without putting people who don't share their opinions down? Has TS4 been designed for players with a lower capacity to think to and feel? Do you understand these questions, or should I type slower?

See... it's very easy to insult people by posing questions. Were you in a bad mood and just wanted to pick a fanwank fight? Why not just play your excellent game and make your sims fight? Oh, that's right in TS4 they'll be friends again after talking to each other for a couple minutes and you probably want this to go on and on for pages... I get it now.

The fact that you're allowed to get away with attacking other players instead of talking about the game speaks volumes about the thread by @SimGuruDrake about creating a welcoming forum. It's bad enough the game blows chunks... the community here is starting to reach failure state too.

So for the record: are you trying to suggest that I'm unwelcome in the official Sims forum because I don't like TS4? If so stop being a coward and say it outright. Passive aggressive attacks like this fodder some serious fanwank.

If this forum is just for you and like minded clones, do me a favour: refund me for my base game and EP and invest in a publishing company that can produce a competitive life simulation game because the Sims is the only video game I play. If you don't want me coming when TS5 is released... be warned, I already bought my fansite domain for it, so you'd best have that rival game up and running soon.

If you guys want to keep this on a personal level... and go after each other's blood instead of debating the game itself--you better be ready to suck it up like a straw when it comes back to you. Because what I remember is you guys kept posting threads like this in the past and then got ripped to shreds; then you started posting "Waaanh Waaaanh, I'm just a poor TS4 fan and I don't feel welcome in this forum because everyone disagrees with me... everyone lols my posts... everyone calls me a sheep Waaaanh Waaaaanh :bawling:"

Who's a scruffy looking nerf herder? B)

For the record I'm a huge TS3 fan I've only been back to the forum for a couple months and only been playing TS4 for a few weeks,
    I share in a lot of the same concerns and have the same objections a lot of fans have.

Yet In that short amount of time I can't tell you how many times I've been called to the carpet for saying the simplest of complimentary things about the game. Totally non personal, totally within the context of the thread yet still put on blast for no reason other than I happen to like a certain feature or features of the new game.

Not once has anyone jumped on me for saying somtheing neagtive about the game.

On the flip side I have called out a couple people for some pretty odd things like making blanket statements that are clearly false, and criticising EP's before they even launch. At least I know what to expect when I do that. :p

It truly shouldn't be an us vs them thing...and I remember there was a time back on the old foruims when it wasn't, and we all got along just fine. But make no mistake this isn't a case of people who love the game constantly peeing in your Cherrios. quite the opposite.

This thread and it's topic is reactionary.

Hmm... this implies that players who dislike the game derive pleasure in disliking the game if I understand the brand-plugging idiom correctly, no? Do you really believe that players enjoy disliking TS4?

For the record, I actually try to refrain from commenting on threads about the game where players are just expressing delight in playing their games, and I'm only super loud about my criticism when I feel I'm being censored.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top