Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Hashtag Game/Hint Incoming!

Comments

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    There was an entire thread dedicated to ideas for hints, and Drake was the one who asked what we wanted for hints...guess none of that mattered :/

No, it's like throwing a bone again and again. But that has been the case since the start.

I think it is more like pretending to throw a bone, eventually a dog will stop chasing it, apparently dogs are smarter than we are lol
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited April 2016
    I have not seen anything about Hints as well, But I will say I am hoping it is NOT Restaurants, I want something a lot Better like Supernatural, or Pets, I want My Vamps, Werewolves and such back, yup, I say bring on the Gothic.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member

Sushi and hamburger and pizza oh my! Time to be a restaurateur.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I have not seen anything about Hints as well, But I will say I am hoping it is NOT Restaurants, I want something a lot Better like Supernatural, or Pets, I want My Vamps, Werewolves and such back, yup, I say bring on the Gothic.

Agreed about restaurants. I want them eventually, but not really right now.. I doubt we'd get pets but I'd LOVE a veterinarian job/career.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Okay now I am depressed, I was hoping for something good not something I do not want to bother with, but go figure, this whole game has been like that, so I guess I will be passing on this one, I will wait till they actually put in Gothic stuff like Supernatural, If they do that, then I might think about doing the other stuff later, much later.
  • Options
    Yup that is something I really would do, be a Vet, that would be so kool to me, cause I Luv My babies, and all Pets, :) .
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

Bombs and crossbows and elves, oh my! Time to be a Protectorate!
  • Options
    LadyMariketaLadyMariketa Posts: 123 Member
    It makes me kinda sad that after all the begging for information we've been doing that this #### is what we get. I love the sims, but I'm very disappointed with this hashtag game. I honestly feel a little insulted too. I've invested a lot of money in the sims over the years and I really feel like TS4 higher ups aren't listening to the community. We want more communication!!! We want to know what you are working on, when it will be released, what the future packs might be, we want you to address TODDLERS, etc. We do NOT want hashtags! Give us screenshots, videos, Guru interviews about GAME CONTENT, pack announcements. I really long for TS2 days when I could open my new expansion pack to see what I could expect for the next one. I understand that they are unlikely to go back to that, but the code of silence must be broken!

On a more positive note: I would be very happy to see restaurants return to the sims, especially if we can own and operate them. I'd love to see new decor so we can make themed restaurants.
    -Like maybe a Pirate themed seafood restaurant
    -A kids restaurant like Chuck E. Cheese where we could serve pizza and have a play area
    -A 50's diner
    -A romantic French restaurant for dating
    I would like to see new recipes to match the new restaurant themes
    I would also like to see new kitchen equipment:
    -Pizza oven
    -Deep fryer
    -teppanyaki grill
    I also wouldn't mind food trucks that randomly pop up on community lots, or even a hot dog cart in the park.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I hope it's restaurants at this point, a lot of the other things that fit seem like they'd be more of a career thing and a GP for just one career would be meh. Highly doubt it's veterinarian cause that means they'd have to model/animate/voice/etc pets.

Unless the hint isn't even for the GP...then idk
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Those all sound very nice LadyMariketa , but I am not into Restaurants, I like the Scary stuff like Vamps, and Zombie's, Haunted Houses and such, in My opinion, they have way to much of the Bars and Night clubs to last me a life time, I want something they do Not already have, there is Restaurant type buildings in game already, we just can not make them our own yet, I want New not Old, But that is just Me I guess.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Time to be a...
    shapeshifter
    brontosaurus
    gynecologist
    blabbermouth
    refrigerator
    hippopotamus
    biophysicist
    degenerative
    kaleidoscope
    handkerchief

Yeah I think I nailed it.

You're comment + Your profile pic =

200.gif
  • Options
    MonkinonkMonkinonk Posts: 120 Member
    edited April 2016
    If this is referring to a Supernatural EP, then this could very well tie in:
    VmEXmQD.png

Altho, I admit I don't know what cute monsters would be in a supernatural EP? I've never played the others. But I thought it worth a mention!

(I would really prefer some other EP's first, or at least a way to turn it off and on--or an MC Commander option--because I would love to play in some saves it but not keep it in the game continuously.)
    tE7NLOj.png
  • Options
    LadyMariketaLadyMariketa Posts: 123 Member
    > @BlueBlack007 said:
    > Those all sound very nice LadyMariketa , but I am not into Restaurants, I like the Scary stuff like Vamps, and Zombie's, Haunted Houses and such, in My opinion, they have way to much of the Bars and Night clubs to last me a life time, I want something they do Not already have, there is Restaurant type buildings in game already, we just can not make them our own yet, I want New not Old, But that is just Me I guess.

Restaurants aren't at the top of my wish list either, but I think they are probably what is in the next GP. I'd like to see some fresh ideas as well, and toddlers. Toddlers are pretty much numbers 1-10 on my wish list, but after they add them I would love to see new never before seen content.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I loved your suggestions @orangehippogriff, I've always wanted my Sims to be a handkerchief. XD

(Actually like the sound of that biophysicist one though)
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    So after ages of silence this is all we get?

- Practically makes the fanbase beg for news regarding new content.

- Gives news in the most annoying roundabout way possible.

Never change Gurus. Never freaking change. Whatever happened to just telling people what to expect? I mean look at Bethesda and Fallout 4 - they released info about the Wasteland Workshop DLC a week before it comes out and how did they do it? By making a trailer that details everything you need to know about the upcoming content people are gonna be spending their money on.

There was none of this stupid "Guyz here's a hint! lolololololol :3" nonsense.

Oh wow, almost 6 weeks of silence!!! How DARE they.

EA are clearly in forcing this "silence" as it were, because it's not just TS4 affected. The Guru's have tried to give us hints that won't get them in trouble.

But there was a pack 6 weeks ago.

But isn't that funny. You said that Fallout 4 released info a WEEK before it came out. How do you know that the next GP is due in a weeks time?

It's not just TS4 keeping silent until DLC is ready for release. You basically just admitted that the silence unp until release is normal regarding DLC.

The problem that I have isn't with the silence - that's fine. The problem is after being so coy with any form of news that isn't some inconsequential patch that stupid hashtag tweet is all they had to show for it.

The difference between this and Bethesda handling Fallout 4's DLC is that they actually tell players EXACTLY WHAT THEY'RE GONNA GET. And even before the trailer dropped people already knew what the Wasteland Workshop DLC along with Bethesda's plans for the rest of Fallout 4's first wave of DLC.

Just to clarify this is how Bethesda gave the info for Fallout 4's DLC:

Gave a FULL SUMMARY of all the DLC they'll be releasing in the past few months.

Released an article detailing the features of the Automatron DLC two weeks before it came out and uploaded a proper trailer afterwards a week before release.

And it's the same thing with the latest Wasteland Workshop DLC.

You know what that is? Consistency. Something that Maxis has had very little of in the past few months.

What? Is Maxis not pretty much doing the same thing? They release a trailer at least 2 weeks before release of games packs, 1 before stuff packs, and 2-3 months before expansion packs. And every one of these trailers show off most content in the pack, and in the weeks/months leading up to release they have blog posts and gurus answer questions. It's not like they randomly drop an ep trailer and release it at the same time on the same day. All I see is someone looking for something to complain about.

The problem isn't that they were never doing it in the first place. They used but that's the thing - they used to do it. Now my problem is this nonsensical trickle of info on whatever slapdash pack they have planned.

What I described is EXACTLY what they're doing now, they didn't used to do it, they are doing it. We're just being given clues about an upcoming announcement, that does not mean that they're gonna release a gp/ep/sp out of nowhere with nothing but hints leading up to a release.

Alright then I'm gonna ask you this:

Tell me where the updates are. Tell me where Maxis put all the info on upcoming content because all I'm seeing is a useless tweet which is more annoying than silence.

Literally going in circles.

There's ALWAYS gaps between news in any game. There would have been a time when you knew about Fallout 4 but had no updates about what was next.

You're literally asking for an update in between the last pack and the next update.

We've already had an update telling us GamePack 3 is on the way. We've had someone from the GamePack team let us know it's soon.

But there's no "We are working on a new pack about Pets for example, that we will announce next week" because that effectively announces Pets.

There's no update, for an update. There's been times before that we had no idea what was going on.

Go back to November 2010 and the lead up to Generations, and it was 10 times messier than this.

We got a DLC pack 6 weeks ago. We got an Expansion 4 months ago. EA Play is in two months. A Game Pack is expected before then.

That's all there is for now. That could change in a week but you're not out of the loop unless you want insider information.

At least we can agree on one thing -we are going in circles and I'm gonna go over this with you one last time to explain myself.

The problem isn't that we're getting any news - I've made that PERFECTLY CLEAR on the first sentence of my response to you. The silence is fine. The problem lies in how Maxis is handling giving out new info.

They could have easily said "Hey guys we're working on some new stuff but and stay tuned for updates!" See that's fine - you're reassuring the people that you're working on something and you'll have more for them soon but what does Maxis do? "HEY GUYZ WE'RE GONNA PLAY THIS REALLY STUPID HASHTAG GUESSING GAME THAT THE HIP AND YOUNG CROWD LUV SO MUCH!!!!!111!! LOLOLOLOLOL" after a period of having the board essentially go nuts over every little nonsensical hint and nothing else.

It just shows a complete lack of cohesion in how Maxis operates and I won't be surprised if they're literally just making it up as they go along. Yes a pack came out recently but THAT ISN'T THE POINT. My point is Maxis is giving out info in such a stupidly inane manner that it just feels patronizing now. I get that they're targeting dumb, social media-obsessed teens but they need to remember that adults who want actual info on what they're spending money on are still holding on.

I get that you're TS4 and Maxis' head cheerleader but this is just tiring. I remember why I left the boards for such a long time now.

"They could have easily said "Hey guys we're working on some new stuff but and stay tuned for updates!" See that's fine - you're reassuring the people that you're working on something and you'll have more for them"

They did that though. Someone asked about Game Pack 3, they told us it's being worked on and that there will be an update as soon as it's ready.

Not my issue you can't keep up. There was a 200+ page thread on it.
    This is something EXTRA because people ASKED for it, because people ENJOY guessing.

So basically you're the one that is out of the loop. Glad that's established.

I'm trying to keep myself as civil as possible but if you're gonna be like that then fine.

For the last time. And I'm gonna write this in bold lettering so you can read and comprehend before you slam your fingers on your keyboard to defend Maxis again:

The problem is how Maxis is doing updates NOW. Like the update that they gave us NOW. I know about the news of GP3 being worked on and guess what? I was fine with it and didn't complain because like you said they gave the info to us in a manner that isn't patronizingly juvenile.

Do I have to be as passive-aggressively condescending as you for you to understand the point I'm trying to make @jackjack_k?

I don't see an update. I see a tease.

We already had our update. There's nothing to update since the last update. This is a tease.

This is what fans were wanting who like a tease. This is not in form of an update.

He literally says a "teaser". This is not an update.
    If you don't like teasers, that's fine. People do. People asked for them.

However, they aren't going to go silent instead of a tease because WastingNight wants to spoil the fun for people who love to speculate :)

This isn't a teaser. This is a waste of time.

Teasers at least slightly hint on what would be coming. There's nothing to go on in this dumb # game
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    Time to be a...
    shapeshifter
    brontosaurus
    gynecologist
    blabbermouth
    refrigerator
    hippopotamus
    biophysicist
    degenerative
    kaleidoscope
    handkerchief

Yeah I think I nailed it.

Shapeshifter could actually be a possible hint for Supernatural... But I kinda doubt it... :sweat_smile:

Yep, I always saw the option for being a gynecologist coming to The Sims series... :P
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,007 Member
    I say, Let the Games Begin!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    ##### and ######### and #####, oh my! Time to be a ############.

Aches and fractures and backs, oh my! Time to be a chiropractor!

No?
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I think the last word last word is supernatural
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited April 2016

Magic and ######### and wands, oh my! Time to be a supernatural

He should use comas lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Yeah I think this next pack is going to be all about alternative medicine. Homeopathy and Chiropractic etc
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Sharpshooter? I just don't know but whatever it is, I hope it blows my socks off :D
  • Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Sushi and hamburger and pizza oh my! Time to be a restaurateur.

Steak and hamburger and fries, oh my! Time to be a restaurateur.

Haha, I hope it's restaurant themed.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    Another waste of time and illusion. Nice job EA.