May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Hashtag Game/Hint Incoming!

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    Did he ever give the right answer to the one he posted before GT?

Hey, @SimGuruTrev!! What was the answer to the GT hashtag game?! (I'm sure someone here had it right -- there were a lot of guesses.)

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    As much as I would love it. Vampires has 8 letters....but it's supposed to be 9

Oh yeah... it does have 9 I miss read :\ Much harder than :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2016
    ##### and ######### and #####, oh my! Time to be a ############.

12 letter words that fit...

prepubescent
    cabinetmaker
    nymphomaniac
    newspaperman
    rubbernecker
    bantamweight
    middleweight
    psychologist
    rhabdomancer
    phonographer
    polygraphist
    vaudevillian
    toxicologist
    holidaymaker
    mollycoddler
    craftsperson
    committeeman
    hydrographer

(that's 31 pages of scrabble dictionary... will look more later)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    ##### and ######### and #####, oh my! Time to be a ############.

12 letter words that fit...

prepubescent
    cabinetmaker
    nymphomaniac
    newspaperman
    rubbernecker
    bantamweight
    middleweight
    psychologist
    rhabdomancer
    phonographer
    polygraphist
    vaudevillian
    toxicologist
    holidaymaker
    mollycoddler
    craftsperson
    committeeman
    hydrographer

(that's 31 pages of scrabble dictionary... will look more later)

You can exclude the photographer because that was basically in GTW. :) But it might not be a career.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Beach and swimsuits and waves, oh my! Time to be a holidaymaker! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Is restaurateur even a word?

I google it cause i didnt know either! I was happly surprised - "restaurateur - someone who owns or manages a restaurant" It has 12 letters.. could it be?
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Ocean and seashells and boats, oh my! Time to be a dive-machine.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,630 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I don't think it will be nymphomaniac, oddly enough.

Well, it's not like you can't already make one in the game anyway. Just at the risk of death by exhaustion, eventually!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Well, it has to be something someone can "be" and it doesn't start with a vowel otherwise it would say "Time to be an ############."
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited April 2016
    Well, one thing I learned from this thread is that "restauranteur" is actually a word. :D
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,167 Member
    Well, one thing I learned from this thread is that "restaurateur" is actually a word. :D

I actually first learned it's a word in The Sims 2, where Restauranteur is level 9 of the culinary career... :p (Not a native English speaker)
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    I'm leaning towards something I thought of and someone else on twitter agrees. Lions, and elephants and bears, oh my! Time to be a veterinarian.

This was my thought, too! But they could be throwing us off. It could be the restaurant clue.
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited April 2016
    chenmn123 wrote: »
    Restauranteur

-n

I don't normally nitpick with people's spelling but it's important in the context of this hashtag game :)

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,167 Member
    edited April 2016
    IngeJones wrote: »
    chenmn123 wrote: »
    Restauranteur

-n

I don't normally nitpick with people's spelling but it's important in the context of this hashtag game :)

Sorry, my bad... :sweat_smile: The sudden 'disappearence' of the 'n' is very confusing... :P
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    There was an entire thread dedicated to ideas for hints, and Drake was the one who asked what we wanted for hints...guess none of that mattered :/

I did start that. I was hoping for them to take some of the ideas generated in that thread. Oh well. The fact that we are at least getting the hashtag game means we are getting close to an announcement, right? RIGHT?

200.gif
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Well, we asked for hints and now they have given us some so I guess that is something. I don't care for the hash tag game but at least it is a hint. I think the animal one is a great guess. Also, I think this means that something will be announced in the next couple of weeks so good news really.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Well, we asked for hints and now they have given us some so I guess that is something. I don't care for the hash tag game but at least it is a hint. I think the animal one is a great guess. Also, I think this means that something will be announced in the next couple of weeks so good news really.

LOL the last hashtag game was never solved and we only got GT's announcement after one or two month later.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member

LOL the lastest hashtag game was never solved and we only got GT's announcement after one or two month later.

Well that just blows. If they are going to have a "hint" game they could at least let us know if we are on the right track. If not, then what is the point? Plus, they should have told us if it was solved. That is just not right.
  • Options
    JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    Well it has been 9 months since the last GP, so I don't think it will be long before they announce GP #3. Hopefully it will be this month with a release date to follow shortly after.
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    I don't think they are going to do a Restaurant/Night life theme EP next as Get Together was the last EP and even thou it wasn't based on restaurants its very similar theme.

In my opinion it's going to be something complete unexpected and not something past Sim games has had.
    • Ship wreck/Pirate theme or style
    • Vacation holiday

Gamepack #3 however ;);)
  • Options
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »
    I don't think they are going to do a Restaurant/Night life theme EP next as Get Together was the last EP and even thou it wasn't based on restaurants its very similar theme.

In my opinion it's going to be something complete unexpected and not something past Sim games has had.
    • Ship wreck/Pirate theme or style
    • Vacation holiday

Gamepack #3 however ;);)

What does GT have to do with Restaurants? Similar theme? LOL
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    people asked for any sort of hint and now they're mad about this huh.. this is better then leaving us in total darkness for months
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I will be happy when the word 'hashtag' is on the banned list. Maybe next year's list. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

LOL the last hashtag game was never solved and we only got GT's announcement after one or two month later.

Is that true? That's unfortunate. Did we know if anyone at least came close?