Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An Important Update on the Future of These Forums

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    edited March 8
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Sorry everyone, many, many meetings 🙃

Off topic is moving with us and the awesome @EA_Solaire is currently going through the nominations thread to get them moved to the Nominated Threads board.

Nothing posted here after March 12th will carry over to the new forum
    so you can get any last minute cringe posts out of your system (cough cough @Simmingal ) :)
    Time to post that YN Vlad fanfiction where your parents died tragically and your brother sold you for a pizza
    and you now have to live at Vlads... but there was Greg too because they were roommates
    and this is not like other YN fanfics because you are not like other Gals✨

*ahem*

Sorry, too early. I'll be cringe later.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    Off topic is moving with us and the awesome @EA_Solaire is currently going through the nominations thread to get them moved to the Nominated Threads board.

Yay!!
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited March 8
    Thanks so much for the update @EA_Cade :)! That's really awesome B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited March 8
    Sorry everyone, many, many meetings 🙃

Nothing posted here after March 12th will carry over to the new forum so you can get any last minute cringe posts out of your system (cough cough @Simmingal ) :)

Is the end time at 10 am PT again?
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,181 Member
    edited March 8
    EverclearBoy wrote: »
    Will Direct messages carry over along with people in contact with through?

They will not.
    @EA_Cade said the above, "They will not."

Make sure you get all your DM's from this forum because they're not going to transfer :o!!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,435 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Welp, today I discovered that these forums have a character limit. Yup, I got this message.
    Body is 129474 characters too long.

Oh boy... So that's the end of this saga. A disappointing one at that...

Well, maybe I'd try splitting it up into separate posts or something...

What will be the character limit on the new forums?

That's not bad. I can easily do 20 Word pages at font-size 10 or minimum rough-estimate 85,000 characters. I've actually had text-only single chapter stories easily exceed 35 pages or more.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,962 Member
    Welp, today I discovered that these forums have a character limit. Yup, I got this message.
    Body is 129474 characters too long.

Oh boy... So that's the end of this saga. A disappointing one at that...

Well, maybe I'd try splitting it up into separate posts or something...

What will be the character limit on the new forums?

That's not bad. I can easily do 20 Word pages at font-size 10 or minimum rough-estimate 85,000 characters. I've actually had text-only single chapter stories easily exceed 35 pages or more.

Yeah, I had to split it up to keep it all. Here's the thread in question.

But yeah, I dabble in writing too. Mostly on video scripts, which is right now 209 (though some sections are empty right now) + 1 pages. If only I had enough energy to turn these into video, but oh well.
  • Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    I haven't visited the threads in a while - Too bad the "Did You Know" threads for individual packs didn't seem to have made it, most done by @catloverplayer, which also had useful gamplay tips and details. But I'm glad the "Positive/Negative Thoughts" threads made it - lots of good info there!

See everyone on the other side (of the forums)! :)
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,111 Member
    @EA_Cade those of us who want to keep posting to this forum until it closes, but will want to save our posts for the next forum so we can repost them there, how will the formatting work? Will we need to reformat everything to markdown or will there be a way of easily transferring those posts and comments?
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    I'm beginning to get a lot more server errors on these forums than usually...

Is this just me or is this part of the retirement process?
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 802 Member

@EgonVM It seems to be pretty bad today.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,239 Member

I haven't had any errors 🤞 but very slow to load at times.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »

I haven't had any errors 🤞 but very slow to load at times.

Ah yes, the load times are slow too if an error doesn't pop up. Not to mention that due to an error once I've accidentally made a double post.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
    edited March 10
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,165 Member
    edited March 10
    mostly have trouble when posting comment as it sometimes takes while for the site to realize i posted it so i end up double commenting thinking it did not go through
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,153 Member
    Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Just editing a post earlier was a bit of a pain. It's already starting to fall apart... the cracks are coming! :o
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,538 Member
    Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Just editing a post earlier was a bit of a pain. It's already starting to fall apart... the cracks are coming! :o

It's....the Simpocalypse!

Take refuge! Gather supplies! Grab your loved ones! The end is nigh!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

It's....the Simpocalypse!

Take refuge! Gather supplies! Grab your loved ones! The end is nigh!

It should be 4 months before the end too! I wasn't prepared! I wasn't prepared!

Ah well, I'll try to forum stuff before the end.
  • Options
    Gilles8001Gilles8001 Posts: 730 Member
    edited March 10
    Hello. The more I read about this the more confused I get. Can someone please update what this new site will be since the Sims Forums will no longer be around?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,735 Member
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,361 Member
    @Gilles8001 EA-Cade has provided a lot of information in the first post. Have you read that yet? :)

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1012877/an-important-update-on-the-future-of-these-forums/p1
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    I haven't visited the threads in a while - Too bad the "Did You Know" threads for individual packs didn't seem to have made it, most done by @catloverplayer, which also had useful gamplay tips and details. But I'm glad the "Positive/Negative Thoughts" threads made it - lots of good info there!

See everyone on the other side (of the forums)! :)

@RoseQuartz If they aren't locked, you can go through and post in them to get them bumped for transferring if Catloverplayer or the others who made them have an AHQ account. Or, if they were already created/posted in after October 18th 2022, they will automatically transfer. The cutoff date for that is March 12th though, so it'd need to be done today or tomorrow.

So if anyone has a thread they want to try and get transferred regardless of what it is, make sure to post in them now. :smiley: Cade allowed the necroposting rule to be ignored during this time too, so don't be afraid to bump older stuff you want to keep.
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member

I'm seeing lots of lag. At one point, couldn't open the Bookmarks button and for some reason Bookmarks showed up when I wanted to look at DMs.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    TECHSPERT50TECHSPERT50 Posts: 52 Member
    change is scary but... when the forums load like this half the time, i think ive gotta admit im looking forward to less things being broken.87lalty52bzv.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,098 Member
    I'm having a lot of lag too and failure-to-load errors.
    I am guessing the site is very very busy with all the work being done on the backend to copy stuff over.