Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

old thread; obsolete as of January 1st, 2013; no more posts, please!

Comments

• Options
    orisisroseorisisrose Posts: 1,212 Member
    edited December 2012
    MellieMidget, I present to you Willow's End.

Click picture to see more.

screenshot_original.jpg"Width=450""height=500"
    DownloadHere

Enjoy,

Rose
  • Options
    thismoonlifethismoonlife Posts: 23
    edited December 2012
    Username: thismoonlife
    Preferred builder* (if none, leave blank):
    Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): modern, open space
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? WA, LN, generations, ambitions
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)?
    Lot size (dimensions): 40x40
    Number of bedrooms: 3
    Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms (gender, age, etc.)? 1 master, 1 toddler/kids
    Number of bathrooms: at least 2
    Favorite color schemes: n/a
    Colors you dislike: brown
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? yes please!
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? sure
    Please list the Store content that can be used: n/a
    Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used:
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? lucky palms
    Link to specific house or plan:
    Special requirements (garden, pool, hot tub, etc.)? space for wife to garden, small kids playground, small pool if room :)
    Additional instructions? im looking for the pefect house for my leader of the free world/writer and chef/gardener so would ideally like a spacious kitchen/nice garden and study for him to write in peace. i will be getting pets next month so if there could be space to allow stuff for dogs when i get it thatd be appreciated. thank you so much. y'all are amazing.

• Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited December 2012
    Willow's End is lovely, Rose! :)
    I especially like the treasure room. ;)
  • Options
    waynesshopwaynesshop Posts: 74 Member
    edited December 2012
    Love the lots that are being completed, they all are absolutely gorgeous. You guys have more creativity in your little pinkies than i have in my whole body...fantastic! keep up the good work! :D

ETA: I updated my request to include some store items i just purchased.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    HorseDragonCrazeHorseDragonCraze Posts: 15 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Username: HorseDragonCraze
    Preferred creator* (if none, leave blank):
    Sub Type (human, vampire, etc.): Human
    Skin color: pale peach
    Hair color: red-orange
    Traits: Equestrian, Athletic, Gatherer, Loves the Outdoors, Lucky
    Favorites: Classical, fruit parfait,
    Sign: Scorpio
    Lifetime Wish: Fairytale Finder
    Name desired (optional): Scathach
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? Pets, and Supernatural
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? nope
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? yes
    Please list the Store content that can be used: none, sorry
    Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used: none, sorry.
    Link to reference pics (optional):
    http://www.google.com/imgres?q=scathach+from+the+alchemyst&um=1&hl=en&sa=X&tbo=d&biw=1440&bih=708&tbm=isch&tbnid=WXTBvRVF0yZfqM:&imgrefurl=http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/the-alchemyst/images/17369431/title/scathach-all-way-fanart&docid=gDSmjaoDYQrssM&imgurl=http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/17300000/Scathach-all-the-way-the-alchemyst-17369431-225-225.jpg&w=225&h=225&ei=H6rQUNfoK8KCyAG7oIDICw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=135&sig=108268805704036622350&page=1&tbnh=138&tbnw=136&start=0&ndsp=39&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0,i:90&tx=98&ty=72
    Additional instructions?
    I would love it to be Scathach from the Alchemyst.
  • Options
    calkid96calkid96 Posts: 80 New Member
    edited December 2012
    hi every one I just added new store content for my request
    and I'm going on holiday for 4 days tomorrow so I will be away from my computer will this be a problem?
  • Options
    mwjessica723mwjessica723 Posts: 3,769 Member
    edited December 2012
    calkid96 wrote:
    hi every one I just added new store content for my request
    and I'm going on holiday for 4 days tomorrow so I will be away from my computer will this be a problem?
    Shouldn't be a problem at all; thank you for letting us know!!
  • Options
    TomraTomra Posts: 11 New Member
    edited December 2012
    I need to cancel my request, it is being built by another build team. Thank you :)
  • Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited December 2012
    Lucas Régis your new home is finished:D

American ~ Traditional (NO CC)

Traditional 4 bedroom, (master, guest, unisex kids room and nursery) 3 bath home.
    Features include large living room, eat in kitchen, office, skill items.
    Exterior fenced back yard, pool, BBq, 2 car garage, garden, play area, more!

Download Link with more pictures: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6757837

1-4.png

2.png
  • Options
    KaitlynPaige92KaitlynPaige92 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Hello everyone, just popping in to ask how long it would be until my request is claimed? I made the request 1st November! I'm in no rush just wanted to ask! Thank you :) & if it helps I will change my preferred builder to anyone! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Elle and Sashraf - the new builds are gorgeous!

Sashraf - was that a reindeer in front of the house? how did you get him?
  • Options
    DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited December 2012
    Tomra wrote:
    I need to cancel my request, it is being built by another build team. Thank you :)
    Sorry to hear that! I will go ahead and remove it. Thanks for letting us know!
    Hello everyone, just popping in to ask how long it would be until my request is claimed? I made the request 1st November! I'm in no rush just wanted to ask! Thank you :) & if it helps I will change my preferred builder to anyone! :)
    Hi Kaitlyn! We are still working on October requests, and it's very hard to estimate how long before you get claimed. It depends on many factors, and one big factor we have right now is the upcoming holidays. It would definitely help if you remove your preferred creator, because that will increase the chance of it getting claimed sooner. If you decide to do this, please let me know once you've updated your request post. Thank you so much!

-Jess
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    DNARequestTeamDNARequestTeam Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited December 2012
    orisisrose: Willow's End is beautiful! I love all the details you put into it--looks like you had a lot of fun making it!

elle0808: French Colonial is gorgeous. Like I said in team email, the color palette you used is spot on. Really well done!!

sashraf: American ~ Traditional is fabulous! I love the decor--it's lovely!

Thank you for the recent requests, everyone! Thread is up-to-date! :mrgreen:
    SLpPUp.png
  • Options
    sashrafsashraf Posts: 2,960 Member
    edited December 2012
    waynesshop wrote:
    Elle and Sashraf - the new builds are gorgeous!

Sashraf - was that a reindeer in front of the house? how did you get him?

Thank you :!:
    It is a reindeer, I was just trying to get a seasonal picture and the reindeer just came walking by. It actually startled me and I almost missed it. :lol:
  • Options
    KaitlynPaige92KaitlynPaige92 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Hi Kaitlyn! We are still working on October requests, and it's very hard to estimate how long before you get claimed. It depends on many factors, and one big factor we have right now is the upcoming holidays. It would definitely help if you remove your preferred creator, because that will increase the chance of it getting claimed sooner. If you decide to do this, please let me know once you've updated your request post. Thank you so much!
    Jess

Yeah i know that's fine i was just wondering that's all, thank you! Alright well i've updated my request and changed to anyone! Thanks :) hope you have a good Christmas :)
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited December 2012
    orisisrose: Willow's End is beautiful! I love all the details you put into it--looks like you had a lot of fun making it!

elle0808: French Colonial is gorgeous. Like I said in team email, the color palette you used is spot on. Really well done!!

sashraf: American ~ Traditional is fabulous! I love the decor--it's lovely!

Thank you for the recent requests, everyone! Thread is up-to-date! :mrgreen:

I agree whole-heartedly with all this and also want to say that Paola's castle build is AMAZING.

You guys have been turning out such awesome builds that words fail me. I have been side-tracked finishing my Secret Santa gifts, but I am caught up on recs (and favorites, too). Thank you all for sharing your talents with the rest of us!!
    oow785m
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited December 2012
    Like Zoo, I have even sidetracked on my Secret Santa gift too! It's for one of our beloved DNA team members too. Oooooh! It has been giving me FITS as it nears completion, refusing to save! It's big! And my computer is a great computer, but is five years old and about at maximum SIm capacity for memory! So I have been re building over and over again, the same areas, hoping and yes, praying, for good saves. HAPPILY, it is now sitting in my launcher, with a spelling error ( you know me and my poor typing skills!) so I need to correct that, take screen shots, and make a second part of the gift. So help me, it will ready for Christmas! But a shiny new computer is coming to me from my handsome Santa, and I will be ready to claim a new request after Christmas and reinstalling!

The newest DNA homes are just so wonderful, and have all been rec'd and admired! I am obsessively fussing over my SS gift, but during my many reloading times, I have been admiring your talented creations! Every one of them is unique and artsy and wonderful!

Taryn
  • Options
    nerdy3000nerdy3000 Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited December 2012
    This isn't to do with the DNA requests but...
    Everyone who reads this, please report the following people for plagarising lots from two (as far as I know) members of the DNA team. Here are the links to the lots:
    TarynTempestWind's Lyoncrest
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6686321
    (The person who did this has no shame whatsoever! Not only did they plagarise it but they also defaced it with autoroof!)

elle0808's Fairytale Castle
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6684535

elle0808's Rapunzel's Tower Remodel
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6748905

I hope that all of you agree with me that plagarism is awful and that these people ought to be banned!

If any other DNA team member's lot has been plagarised and I've left you out then I promise you - this was not done intentionally, I honestly didn't know.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Agreed!!! The time, imagination and skills needed to make these lots is phenomenal and for someone to take it and claim it as their own is downright wrong!
  • Options
    MellieMidgetMellieMidget Posts: 900 Member
    edited December 2012
    orisisrose wrote:
    MellieMidget, I present to you Willow's End.

Click picture to see more.

screenshot_original.jpg"Width=450""height=500"
    DownloadHere

Enjoy,

Rose

Rose,

Firstly sorry for the delayed reply, Been hectic D:

OMG you did an amazing job on the house, its better then i could have imagined. My face had the biggest smile on it when My Sims ran around in it, It was beyond what I could have thought anyone could do. You truly did go beyond and above with this and I thank you so much for putting all the time and effort into this lovely build. Well deserved rec :D Merry Christmas.

When I played it and got my Sims to skinny dip in the pool they both died xD I wont get them to do that again lol. Thank you for stocking the shelves/cases, thats ok that they didn't stay separated I know its tricky.

I loved the colours you used, and I found the play area adorable :D I love how each bedroom has its own personal touch and every other room for that matter. I love what you did to the butlers area and those little extra details like the electric box and luggage bags really add to make it have a home lived in feel. I never knew you could put things on the side of the pool walls other then the lights, I have to say I am amazed its fantastic. The greenhouse and BBQ area look fantastic, all those little touches you put in and everything else is amazing, I know I must be repeating myself by now but I am just so grateful and really want you to know you did an amazing job. Thank you so so much for all the time you have put into this build :)

-Mellie
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    elle0808elle0808 Posts: 2,419 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the compliments peeps :mrgreen:

Well done to everyone on your latest lots. You already know I love ALL the team's work. I have pretty much all of it in my game :)

Thank you nerdy for bringing that issue to other's attention. I'm pretty sure it has happened to everyone in this team alone. It would be fab if there was some kind of coding to prevent it happening.
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited December 2012
    Thank you little Miss Nerdy for your very kind support! I think anyone who spends the time to create something here on Sims, knows or can imagine the frustration of seeing it in someone else's studio. We all put lots of time and heart and ART into our creations. Only people that do not create from scratch can not understand that. It is a very creative process, making things for this game out of the few tools we have. I know the people that re-upload do not create from scratch, for if they did, they would have a sense of pride in their work and not want anything copied to taint that pride.

So thank you for your support, when you see re-uploaded creations. I personally know of three of mine that are still in other people's studios...and I know, I just know there are probably more out there, and I am sure every DNA team member has re-uploaded lots in others' studios too. It's a sad kind of thing. I do not understand what kind of satisfaction you'd get from claiming another's work. I simply do not get it.

Even if those re-uploaded homes of mine never get taken down, it really means a lot to me that I have friends that care about my feelings., that understand how I'd feel about the matter, and that is definitely worth more to me you might know. So thank you again, for any support you can show me, Elle0808 or any of our dear Simming creating friends. I wish this kind of thing did not happen at all.

On a more positive note! Mellie's thankful note to OrisisRose just made my day!

:D

• Options
    xenacullenxenacullen Posts: 3,474 Member
    edited December 2012
    I reported the 3 plagarisims on here,hope thats ok.
    People shouldnt take whats not theres & its wrong...
  • Options
    MeisterseanMeistersean Posts: 13 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Request Form (Residential Lot)

Username: Seriwe
    Preferred builder* (if none, leave blank): ruthless_kk
    Type of build (Modern, Traditional, Victorian, Gothic, etc. or leave blank): French Chateauesque/Renaissance Revival/Second Empire
    Which EPs and SPs do you have? World Adventures
    If you have Showtime, which edition do you have (basic, Limited, or Katy Perry)? N/A
    Lot size (dimensions): Bigger is better; At least 40 x 40
    Number of bedrooms: 6
    Specific instructions on decorating the bedrooms (gender, age, etc.)? One master suite, 2 guest rooms, 3 more elegant bedrooms
    Number of bathrooms: 1 full-bath with master suite, 3 more full baths, 2 half-baths
    Favorite color schemes: Dark, deep colors (navies, maroons, forest greens, sierra, etc.); Woods; Creams/Off-whites; Marble + Gold; Earthy Stone and Brick
    Colors you dislike: Obnoxious yellows; bright, bright colors; neons; bright whites; etc.
    Do you want it furnished and decorated? If you can do this, than yes please!
    Can patterns from Create-a-Pattern be used? Certainly!
    Please list the Store content that can be used: Chesapeake Bay Bay Window; The Sleeker Sleeper; Superlative Sofa; Washington’s Fireplace Deluxe; Cellar Arch; Whodunnit Curtains; Dominique’s Dominate Globe; Commodius Commode; Cutkelvin’s Sofa; F.L. Dining Table; Country Mansion Curtains; Alistair Armchair; Johan Arch Plus; Johan Door Plus; Worthington’s Washbasin; Agnes Bed; Romantique Chaise
    Please list the Dr. Pepper and T-Mobile promotional items that can be used: N/A
    If you will be placing this lot in an EA world, which one? I don’t know yet…
    Link to specific house or plan: I wasn’t thinking of any specific plan, but here are some ideas:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Palais_Luxembourg_Sunset.JPG
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chateau-de-maison-lafitte.JPG
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chambord_Castle_Northwest_facade.jpg (but not so white or so big)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dampierre_en_Yvelines_Chateau_02.jpg
    Special requirements (garden, pool, hot tub, etc.)? If you have the time, an elegant garden with fountains and trees in front of the house would be great! A pool in back would be a nice addition, but it isn’t necessary.
    Additional instructions? Sorry I don’t have any specific floor plans, so feel free to let your imagination flow a bit. Thank you so, so much!