Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• Options
    annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited December 2012
    I think I better not comment on the shooting :cry:

@ Arrow

Oh I am good, I am just really really looking forward to the holidays. I need a break

@ Shura

Have you thought about demolishing some of the small lots and use bigger ones instead?

@ Ivory

Congrats on your job! :-)

@ Nay

Both the Borage and the Fang City update look good. Guess my sims will go through a lot of eating contests as soon as I get Seasons *lol

@ Wicki
    So did you get to play the Greenhouse yet? And I wonder, can I build greenhouses myself ingame if I do not own that item?

@ Jazen
    Thanks for the Info, will read your update later :D

@ Hunny
    Welcome, I say- and now start a story asap, plz :lol:
  • Options
    fruhurricanefruhurricane Posts: 2,204 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hello everyone. I'm just back after my granpa's funeral. It was very beautiful and probably exactly like he had wanted it, but of course also very sad. I hope you've all been well.

--

I've been making a new sim today:

tumblr_mf2il5RAZf1r3uhxho1_500.jpg

I like her, but I don't know what to call her. Any ideas?
  • Options
    GarratGarrat Posts: 758 Member
    edited December 2012
    dreamerz13 wrote:
    I have so much to catch up on again, I've had a really grumpy week, and just have been hiding. My games been being problematic and I've really wanted to just play that to escape the real world...but it won't play nice. I have missing saves because I "uninstalled an EP or SP with important content" or something like that....um.... no actually I haven't. :roll:
    Hey, if you still haven't recovered your files try this method. ;)

With the save files that are not loading you will probably find that they are missing some of the information that should be inside the save. Good saves have 5 files in them, you may need to make a fresh game file and then save then copy over the information that is missing into the old save file. The old file on reloading your game will show the new save pic but will have your old save game inside. Just make sure you have another backup of the old one before you do anything (just in case).

I'm not the greatest at explaining this type of stuff but I found this thread really helpful when I had the same message. I've had it happen a couple of times mostly with my original BC files and more recently with my legacy - this is how I recovered them. :)
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/176431.page
  • Options
    annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited December 2012
    @ Fru

*hugz*

She looks like Candyfloss to me :-)

@ Garrat

No this is a great bit of info! Wish I had known that before- no idea if it will work with my bad saves, but thanks a lot anyway! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    pastpresent.gif?w=640

This is how the faces of our heirs have changed during the course of five generations. Doesn’t seem to be much of Felicity left. Chuck and Ashton have been made in to girls for the sake of seeing the changes more precisely.

Edit: Actually, it seems like the eye shape is still the same!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    edited December 2012
    Dreamer: Your B-day is Tuesday? I hope you remembered to ask for that day off...so happy your parents treated you well for the special occassion...Breakfast is my favorite overall meal, sounds like a great day. LOL, a point and shoot is my kind of camera..as I'm sure you figured out by now I am not a gaget girl.

Jazen: it sounds like some simmers are disappointed in the "fix" for the green house so you might wanna slip over to "the store" thread before considering to purchase.

Fruh: amazing slide of all your generations, your new sim is pretty I am not good at berry names so the more experienced in that genre may be more helpful than I

Garret: you are always so helpful

Yesterday I moved my sim family over to a larger home..spent most of the day fiddling around with the build...I must've been in the mood.
    Screenshot-2-13.jpg
    Abriana transitioned to a child
    Screenshot-7-6.jpg
    her brother, Preston
    Screenshot-8-6.jpg
  • Options
    TheNay83TheNay83 Posts: 3,253 Member
    edited December 2012
    @Fru, I like how it goes from chocolate to vanilla hehehehehe
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    wicki: I liked it too, it was nice to see how their looks had gradually changed. And Chuck is mighty handsome as a female. :o Regarding the new sim, I actually think of her as "vanilla" but with dyed hair. :)

anna: Candyfloss is a nice name, but I want this lady to have a more "normal" name. I'm starting to consider Jessie, but I'm not sure. I might use Candyfloss for one of my berry sims in the future though, if you approve?

Nay: It's nice, isn't it? I hoped the dark skin would be back when Luna had kids with Calum but no luck! :(

• Options
    edited December 2012
    Anna: I had bought the greenhouse when it first came out...I knew about the issues and I didn't care...now with the new venue of the marketplace it is even more fun to work with...but you could build your own greenhouse using what is available in game if you use the plant pots.

Fruh: happy to hear the funeral was the way your grandpa would've liked...that is a very special memory you have when thinking of him and his life while here on this earth.
  • Options
    Baby_Girl_FiBaby_Girl_Fi Posts: 408 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hey, I'm recently back to "TS3" I had a bit of a looong break. But I'm back! And I've started to read and "write" Sim stories :) I love reading all the different things your sims are doing!
    I have a little thing going on- but I'm not too sure about where it's final destination is going to be. At the moment I'm just going where they want to go and taking nice pictures and adding captions. It's not alot.. but I'm trying.
    I feel inefficient sometimes when I read all the stuff you guys do. It's so involved and deep. :?

But oon the plus side I love reading them.

Looking forward to chatting more with other simmers rather than just myself :)
  • Options
    Shura11Shura11 Posts: 154 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Congratulations on making it over 200 posts everyone!!

Faye: OMG Dempsey is just full of color! that so adorable! I'm sorry about your exam's. Same thing happened to me on the last test before my final this semester in man. So I know exactly how that feels* hug* Congratulation for making it through the semester though!

Wick: Congrats on making it through the week! I hope next week will be better for you thought. Thanks for the notice about the hate! its so cute!

Hunny: Welcome to the thread!

Anna: Hm Actually I didn't... I might though... I know i wanted to add more to the center walled in city but the lots are in in such weird dimensions there's not I can add. Instead I made that little plaza by the Hospital into a town center of sorts with a lot of community interactive lots.

Garret: Thank you for the tip!

Baby_girl: Welcome Back!
  • Options
    KinztheSimKinztheSim Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hey All..I just uploaded a new Chapter for my Legacy..link to it in my sig..or go to...A Berry Sorbet Rainbowcy
    sig_zps8ece011a.gif
  • Options
    CancerCrabCancerCrab Posts: 81 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Well, I'm slowly sharing a story about the introduction of Tiny Island, the world I created and it features a farmer and a fisherman as the first two pages. The townsfolk that provide food for the populace. I'll go on to share other sims and points of interest as the story progresses. When I'm done with the story, I will upload a completed world of tiny island with the civic centers, needed to form a community.

The Fisherman in the story is currently in my studio section. I'll release the farmer tomorrow. And share a few important landmarks of the island I'm creating.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=437436
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Abriana and Preston playing checkers

Thanks Jazen for the gift of this sweater...you can use it for both boys and girls..idk that at first..so awesome it is double useful that way...I recolored and added touches of blue to his and touches of pink to hers

Screenshot-7-7.jpg

Is anyone else playing a just for fun family?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Baby_Girl_Fi: Hi! WB-if you prefer you can post pics directly into the thread and add your captions...I'm not doing a story either...so just putting up pics now and again of my play for fun family...and by doing that you may start to feel inspired to start a story.

Shura: It has been hard being at work, there are so many things I would rather be doing...December is such a busy month.
    You are welcome...I didn't get those hats downloaded last year either so I was happy they offered them again now.
  • Options
    FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    edited December 2012
    @Shura: Aww, thanks. I could use all the encouragement I can get after that onslaught of a test. If I pass this class, it's by the grace of God and the hard work of my tutor! Oh, and here is Dempsey as a Child! I just love him! http://llnw.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/451/960/013/00/screenshot_original.jpg

@jazen: Thanks so much for the gift! I totally love it! I'm going to download it now and put it on Bedwyr!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    wickichick wrote:
    Abriana and Preston playing checkers

Thanks Jazen for the gift of this sweater...you can use it for both boys and girls..idk that at first..so awesome it is double useful that way...I recolored and added touches of blue to his and touches of pink to hers

Screenshot-7-7.jpg

Is anyone else playing a just for fun family?

That is so cute how they have matching sweaters.
  • Options
    Shura11Shura11 Posts: 154 New Member
    edited December 2012
    Fay: Oh wow thats a lot of color! LOL

Sooo I spent about 2-3 hours building a house for my current family only for the game to stop working in the middle of saving... FML gotta build the whole house over again.
  • Options
    HunnyJ84HunnyJ84 Posts: 99
    edited December 2012
    annasommer wrote:

@ Hunny

thanks. i cant write to save mah life lolzzz. i cant spell good and mah grammar isn't the best. im not very creative like my friend over there. back in school i try to get nay to write mah papers in english lolzz she wouldnt. right now shes fixing mah game and maybe i can have sn back on mah laptop. mah game stop loading and i took it off then it started to work again. :? i want to make a fairy family and will prolly just share pics of them. i hope nay nay can fix this! i call her mah sim repair lady lolzzz!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Nay: Thanks....appreciate the comment :mrgreen:

HunnyJ84: Wish I had a sims repair lady...and I hope she can help you, too.

Faye: That is one colorful little boy :mrgreen:
  • Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    edited December 2012
    Hello and howdy everyone. I will once again need to do some catching up. I did a quick read through.

Hello to the newbie, Hunny right? (I'm bad with names and didn't make notes as I looked through.

Welcome back to Babygirl

Faye--you're welcome. Sure he will look great in it.

Wicki--yes the sweater does double duty. It's cute they have on matching sweaters now. You should recolor for Christmas that would be fun.

Fru--loved seeing the rotating pictures.

So it's been a busy day. Had my oldest son's basketball game at 9. Then had to go shopping for presents for the 3 parties we had to attend today. My youngest two sons each had a party and since my oldest son's birthday was on the 12th we had his party this evening. I am tired but the boys are still very much awake so no bed for me anytime soon.

I made a new sim for someone that requested a CC free sim to use as a spouse. He turned out well I think and he won the mini poll the simmer had.

Terrill Maldonado (used EA's name generator)
    Screenshot-98_zps9483592b.jpg

He's in my studio if anyone is in need of a CC free guy for some reason.

Oh and on a hopeful note. I had my friend run Bethany and Ezra through a program to check them for rogue CC. She cleaned them up, I plopped them in a new town and played for a little while before I had to leave for the party. Will see how they go but maybe just maybe they will live again. They are petless right now. :( wanted to see if they would work before adding in the pets.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited December 2012
    *big sigh and smiles*
    OK just finished catching up on everything I've missed over the past few days :P

Thanks everyone for the well wishes on my new job, it's been tricky to juggle two jobs now, I come home from my latest job and just go right back to sleep, then wake up around 7pm and check on the website to make sure everything is in order... so I'm working around twelve hours a day ATM... very... very... sleepy :?
    But everyone says it'll take me sometime to get use to my new schedule and then I'll be fine... i hope so... I miss my Sims!

@ Wicki: Yes you've seen my family I play for fun... if recall, I think Abby is pregnant... she's not showing yet though :roll:

@ Everyone: we did get the horrid news about the school shootings that happened, I just stood staring at the TV when I saw the report and my coffee spilling over onto my hand was the only thing that snapped me out of my shock... *** is wrong with people?!?! :x

Also @ new people: HELLO and welcome... enjoy your stay for however long it may be :D

Have a wonderful week everyone, I will do my best to pop in more often but I can not make any promises
    *HUGS everyone*
    Ivory
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • Options
    yoursharona34yoursharona34 Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited December 2012
    @TheNay
    Amos and Malix are hot in those pics. :) OMG I laughed so much at the duet with your cat. You'll see my comments on Soundcloud :) "RUDE!" hahahahahahha :lol:
    Oh by the way, I think I might need to get Matius. I am so in love with him. :D Practically every time I see him I squeal his name. LOL.

@Shura
    Thanks, yep the piano is doing well. :) I love piano and strings as well. My second album that I did I used a lot of stripped down sounds of piano and string pads and had a few live string players for the release, so that was nice. :P I don't actually play the game of Final Fantasy -- just the music :mrgreen:

@Silver
    Cool.. my sister is in Moncton! Funny that my mother likes playing on the flats too. Yes, better that your left hand can play the octaves anyway. Wow that picture of yours with the snow on the hills and the houses around the water... gorgeous! What world is that?

@Faye
    Bedwyr = those eyes!! O_O they certainly pop and he is handsome. Cool alien ship!

@Ivory
    Congrats on the job. :) A bitta extra cash at Christmas is always appreciated! I'll catch up on your story soon.

@BlackRose
    Good luck on your move. Awww your doggie senses that something big is happening and is probably a bit stressed therefore clingy. Give her extra comfort and hugs. :)

@jazen

@Hunny
    Hi friend of Dene!!! *waves* I may have seen you on her Facebook. :lol:

@wicki
    I see how you thought it was Rockey's son. I read her post first as her "boy" gave it to her, but it was actually her "boyf" gave it to her. :lol:
    Those sweaters are so cute. Yes I play a just-for-fun game with my Simself fam. :P

@Rockley
    Congrats :)

Oooh... Santa hats!! *goes to store*

@dreamerz
    Happy early birthday :) And congrats on the camera.

@fru
    *hugs* again for Grandpa's funeral. :(
    Your new Sim looks like a Stacy.
    I was looking back at your legacy not too long ago actually and remembering Felicity and Chuck and the earlier folks... Ivory too. Luna and Ashton certainly had a lot of ...um.. the hubby I can't remember his name, when he came along we all drooled over him. :lol: The dark hair, the freckles. He is grandpa to Luna I believe?
    Anyway, nice gif. :)

@Babygirl
    Welcome!

@KinztheSim and
    @CancerCrab
    HI! Stories acknowledged but unfortunately I am reading a lot at the moment and can't take on anymore but thanks for sharing!

And... i'm caught up for now! Now I think I will be able to open my game and play. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    HunnyJ84 wrote:
    annasommer wrote:

@ Hunny

thanks. i cant write to save mah life lolzzz. i cant spell good and mah grammar isn't the best. im not very creative like my friend over there. back in school i try to get nay to write mah papers in english lolzz she wouldnt. right now shes fixing mah game and maybe i can have sn back on mah laptop. mah game stop loading and i took it off then it started to work again. :? i want to make a fairy family and will prolly just share pics of them. i hope nay nay can fix this! i call her mah sim repair lady lolzzz!

Your game was defected! It force me to go drinking tonight hahaha
  • Options
    IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited December 2012
    Well, I just thought to post an update of My Sims 'play-for-fun-family'

Coming into winter in these shots, and still no sign of pregnancy yet from Abby :P

Making Pumpkin-Sculpture for Halloween...
    10Autumn_zpsa4c65aa9.jpg

Who says the haunted house can't be romantic...
    11HalloweenRomance_zps2ddc7ee0.jpg

They decided to have a private winter wedding on the front porch...
    12Snow-Wedding_zpse3a494c5.jpg

And of course... the ever faithful 'Wedding Night'...
    13WeddingNight_zps76a91db4.jpg

Next morning, Abby can't help gushing over her beautiful ring and the fact that she's married to Joeseph has given her a very happy moodlet boost :D
    14SoHappy_zpsdbd71278.jpg

This was as close as I could get to view the ring... Emeralds in gold
    15TheRing_zps58574d38.jpg

So that's all for now, will give updates as soon as I can
    have a good night/day all *HUGS*
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!