Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want my sim to be abducted by aliens!!!!!

I have been trying every day, but I have not seen any aliens yet. I want my sim to get abducted and get pregnant. I know I need to have him use the telescope between 12-3am in order to have a good chance of being abducted. I also have about 10 space rocks around my home lot but still no aliens. When I have him use the telescope should he use "search galaxy" or "stargaze" or does it not make a difference? I'm just having no luck. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    medivialprincessmedivialprincess Posts: 774 Member
    edited November 2012
    Well I had my sim in search galaxy but he didn't get abducted either..his wife did who was in the living room reading a gardening skill book
    tumblr_m4hniaS8fX1r3l7cvo1_500.gif
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,469 Member
    edited November 2012
    Same here my sim has 9 logic and she searched all night just to be abducted but nothing its getting annoying that its not coming :evil:
  • Options
    SpiralHeartSpiralHeart Posts: 3 New Member
    edited November 2012
    My sim got abducted twice using "stargaze" but it was over a span of almost non-stop use of the telescope for four sim days. I still don't have an alien baby though.
  • Options
    AmyMcc87AmyMcc87 Posts: 28 Member
    edited November 2012
    My sim got abducted twice using "stargaze" but it was over a span of almost non-stop use of the telescope for four sim days. I still don't have an alien baby though.

So both times it happened was it at night between 12-3 or was it during the day?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    bump
  • Options
    shideh357shideh357 Posts: 866 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Hey, hopefully it'll help to read this:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/seasons/aliens.php

It has tips on abduction and ensuring that you get an alien pregnancy.
  • Options
    xcrystalizexxcrystalizex Posts: 211 Member
    edited November 2012
    I was having trouble with this, but may have had a developement. :)

For the longest time I would have my sim at the telescope at the specified times and had tons of space rocks (I used the Collection Helper to find those) in my inventory and around the lot. No aliens. Well, one night my Sim (through the telescope) saw a meteor crash into the earth somewhere in town. It prompted me to go to map view to find it, and sure enough there was a star marking the spot. So I had my sim collect the meteor (which was a "Gigantic Space Rock") and put it in her inventory. |

The next night an alien came to visit! The night after the next, the alien came to visit again! No abductions, but things definitely seemed to have picked up since I collected the Gigantic Space Rock. :)

I hope that helps!
  • Options
    fryfrkhllyfryfrkhlly Posts: 659 Member
    edited November 2012
    My female sim just got abducted... But I wanted my male sim... He was looking thru the telescope... *sigh* gonna try and get him abducted still lol
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    lol has anyone had any success in actually getting a male sim pregnant with an alien baby? It doesn't seem like it's even possible!

I just tried using 'testingcheatsenabled true' to make my sim know everyone and invited an alien over. The alien came over and when I had my female sim use the 'try for baby' action with the alien it went home!
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2012
    I've had both my male and female sim get abducted. The male got pregnant. This was the first day I played the game and he had a very LOW logic skill (so did my female sim). My male sim was abducted around 10pmish and my female, probably in the 12-3 range...I know it was late but I don't really remember what time. I made friends with an alien and fequently invite it to parties. Often, I get other aliens coming to visit and inspect my house. It's got a ton of activity actually (but now both of them have logic skill levels of 8-9 but that's irrelevant because it was active before, like I said).

It's weird, I have a friend who's playing and she has yet to see an alien at all! I'm still in shock with as often as I get them.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    ok thanks, at least now I know for sure that it's possible. My sim is level 10 logic skill (been trying since he was level 6) and I've been trying every night between 9pm-3am and nothing. I literally have like 12 space rocks. 2 large, 8 small, and I cant even get an alien to visit. I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

I also had the situation where my sim saw a meteor land and went to the site and collected that space rock and that didn't do anything for me. I'm getting frustrated!
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited November 2012
    Hmm...that is strange..also, I remember with my male sim, when he first got abducted...it was after using the telescope during the day..and was abducted at night a day or so later...but if you want alien activity after your first time, I highly recommend making friends with it, even if you have to use testingcheatsenabled like I did because they usually want to leave soon after a rowdy probing. :)
  • Options
    Sgt_LolcakesSgt_Lolcakes Posts: 49
    edited November 2012
    Is your sim a supernatural sim? Just asking because I have seen a few people have problems with supernatruals
  • Options
    kirahkirah Posts: 62 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm wondering, anyone that got his sims abducted was using NRaas Overwatch?

I have absolutely no custom content installed I do however have this mod at prevent my game from freezing or having bugs.
    Sometimes the mods says it removed vehicle "x and y" and I always wonder if it did something to the ufo!

I wonder this cause my male witch stargazed and searched galaxy the entire life,every single night since young adult and he is now 89 days old and about to die... he has max logic skill, several space rocks around in the lot and on him and nothing, nada...

p.s my female sim saw an alien only once, wondering around at the backyard during their 1st week.. then they moved home and since then its like aliens didnt even exist on this EP :(
  • Options
    MerrySardMerrySard Posts: 97 Member
    edited November 2012
    My first attempt got an alien visit (when they drop by and hang around). The sim I'm playing is a Fairy, I don't know how that would affect things as the game crashed soon after.
  • Options
    aech3aech3 Posts: 234 New Member
    edited November 2012
    My male and female sims have been abducted four times between them, with no babies and absolutely no other alien activity. I want alien babies :(
  • Options
    purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    edited November 2012
    I to have had a lot of alien activity, I have so far meant 2 aliens, one even came to a Holiday party, but my sims have not been abducted yet.... I did have female flirt with alien that came to party, and even asked the alien to stay the night.... no luck with abductions yet though. and my adult sims have not used the telescope at all. Both are fairies.
    sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png
  • Options
    SumoBSumoB Posts: 1,217 Member
    edited November 2012
    My sims keeps using the telescope like a maniac! He even maxed the logic skill hehe xD
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Probably coincidence but I only got an alien to visit after I planted something.

When I tried to understand why they visited last house and not this one, I noticed the last one had an apple tree and a crop (the default cheap house from Moonlight falls). So I planted an apple tree and a mandrake and 48 hours later I had an alien walking around my house (it was full moon btw)

Still no abduction or ufo though :(
  • Options
    purpleto280purpleto280 Posts: 949 Member
    edited November 2012
    Updated: I now have had three aliens visit but no abductions nor pregnancies... sigh***
    sigsims%20copy_zps4jb8b2a9.png
  • Options
    sweetheart509sweetheart509 Posts: 30 Member
    edited November 2012
    One of my male Sims got abducted and impregnated out of the blue. He was minding his own business, there was no telescope or stargazing involved, and I couldn't stop it from happening. Maybe the game just decided to punish him because he was cheating on his wife at the time. LOL
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Updated: I now have had three aliens visit but no abductions nor pregnancies... sigh***

According to Carl's Guide

"If you want to ensure your abduction results in pregnancy, save before this moodlet wears off and reload until the Unexpected Weight Gain moodlet appears. "

from what I heard try and save game as soon as the abducted sim lands. if you get no Weight Gain moddlet, exit to Main Menu without saving, and load game from that point!!!

hope it helps!!!
  • Options
    Mojokitty07Mojokitty07 Posts: 222 Member
    edited November 2012
    My sim has probably a logic skill of 2 or 3, never used a telescope and went outside to investigate some sparkly multi-coloured light formation outside on their yard and got abducted. She is a fairy married to a witch and they have no children yet, she didn't come back the next day pregnant and I have no idea what the aliens did to her. Weeks later an alien landed on their yard and went upstairs where she was sleeping. I had her husband wake up while the alien was on the lawn and tell the alien to stop what he was doing. The alien went to the top of the stairs in their home and turned around and went back outside, never made it to where she was sleeping. He went back up in his ship and disappeared. /shrug. Only time will tell what's going on I guess. Very interesting these grey dudes are!
  • Options
    MAXoutMAXout Posts: 666 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I've had my Sim abducted (didn't provoke it in any way, it happened randomly and mainly to one of my Sims in peticular) 3 times. I will admit, it's kind of annoying. :P
  • Options
    EidkaEidka Posts: 175 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I've been trying to get one sim abducted for days. I seem to have the same problems as the OP. I've got to have at least 15 space rocks in my yard and I am constantly going out to grab more. My sim uses the telescope every night ever since he got married. The only plus side is all the money he's made finding new stars and such.