Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

6628 vehicles have been removed...

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited November 2012
    I don't think this is happening in my game.

Seasons is a bit glitchy, but to be expected. This is why weather needs to be programmed with the base game, not 7 EP's later.
  • Options
    reinmagreinmag Posts: 684 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Conclue wrote:
    I don't think this is happening in my game.

Seasons is a bit glitchy, but to be expected. This is why weather needs to be programmed with the base game, not 7 EP's later.

do you have Overwatch or MC so you can check object stats?

You won't see them, you know. :)
  • Options
    rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    edited November 2012
    I know I can't help but wonder HOW people's games are running without MODS like Twallans! EA def needs a fix soon!

Right?!?
    I just started using it and I've been wondering how I've played without this mod..all the frustration is over for me lol
  • Options
    Darksim8Darksim8 Posts: 784 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I know I can't help but wonder HOW people's games are running without MODS like Twallans! EA def needs a fix soon!

Right?!?
    I just started using it and I've been wondering how I've played without this mod..all the frustration is over for me lol

I play with no mods and my game works great, only issue is my laptop overheating but I know its my computer.
  • Options
    anoela1336anoela1336 Posts: 4,207 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Susiechan wrote:
    I am curious about something here. If any of you can enlighten me, feel free :lol:.

The minimum requirement to play sims 3 is as below.

http://www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq

I am not a computer expert. In my limited understanding, any simmer should be able to play their game in their computers that meet minimum requirement, provided they dont' have any mods or CC, am I right ?

So if there are simmers who experience lagging, freezing, crashing, and not able to play the TS 3 in their computers with minimum requirement, and these simmers do not have mods, and CCs, is it still the computers fault ? should they blame their computer for that ?

I read in several threads some simmers said "I upgraded my graphic card, then I no longer have this problem." So the solution is to upgrade the graphic card ? Is it ? Somehow I feel that's wrong :( because in my opinion you only need to upgrade your graphic card or computer specs in order to play it better, not to fix the problem. The game should be playable in your computer if it meets the minimum requirement.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :-)

well minimum requirements is just that...........the minimum to play the game and have it run........probably at lowest settings

some people have updated their GPU and had the game run better because there is more dedicated memory for the vid card but i mean there might still be issues.........I have a higher end card with 2.5 gb dedicated vid memory and without Twallan's mods I still wouldnt be able to run the game as well just because of the programming

i have updated my ram and GPU and yea it runs A LOT better but i still experience the occasional lag....im pretty sure it is just the game
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    reinmag wrote:
    I have a lot of cars being removed too, and I also have a lot of chipmunks on my lot, if I delete them they just come back. Does anyone Else have this problem?

lol yes chipmunks and squirrels like 20 at a time. Not having a huge car problem though. One night it said over 700 cars were removed, but after that it went down again to 50 something/40 something whatever.

because the latest version clears them hourly without giving you notices. I believe you are only seeing the one notice you enabled.

better go get the new one then...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    JenZ4HeavenZJenZ4HeavenZ Posts: 631 Member
    edited November 2012
    i have not had that many found but every sim day or two it picks up over 30 cars and finds lots of Un-routable sims and frozen sims or whatever. I am playing in Sunlit Tides I didn't think there was that many sims here.. but apparently there are.
  • Options
    DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited November 2012
    Susiechan wrote:
    I am curious about something here. If any of you can enlighten me, feel free :lol:.

The minimum requirement to play sims 3 is as below.

http://www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq

I am not a computer expert. In my limited understanding, any simmer should be able to play their game in their computers that meet minimum requirement, provided they dont' have any mods or CC, am I right ?

So if there are simmers who experience lagging, freezing, crashing, and not able to play the TS 3 in their computers with minimum requirement, and these simmers do not have mods, and CCs, is it still the computers fault ? should they blame their computer for that ?

I read in several threads some simmers said "I upgraded my graphic card, then I no longer have this problem." So the solution is to upgrade the graphic card ? Is it ? Somehow I feel that's wrong :( because in my opinion you only need to upgrade your graphic card or computer specs in order to play it better, not to fix the problem. The game should be playable in your computer if it meets the minimum requirement.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong :-)

I tend to agree with this.

I have been saying (and posting) that EA really needs to update their minimum requirements to a more realistic standard as the ones posted are horribly outdated. Even overlooking the fact that Sims 3 is a serious resource hog, with every EP, SP and piece of Store content that comes out, the demands on a player's system become greater and greater. If someone was just playing the Base Game, (which I think the requirements posted are based on) then they'd be fine but very few people do so.

During the course of my years playing Sims 3 I have upgraded videocards and RAM on my old computer and even bought a new gaming rig before Supernatural came out to ensure smooth gameplay. It may seem like overkill but it seems to be what's really required to play this game with a minimum of headaches.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
  • Options
    happyscrubhappyscrub Posts: 101
    edited November 2012
    I'm glad I found this thread. I found it by net searching a fix to an issue I had. I was sick and tired of all my parking lots being filled up with NPCs spamming Big Lemons and Sloopy Jalopies.

This thread just told me what, how, and why.
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    edited November 2012
    how do i install this onto my computer? ive never useed a mod before :oops: can somone tell me please
    thanks and happy simming
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited November 2012
    Go to his site and read... but basically you make a folder called mods (in your sims 3 folder where ever that is... in my pc it is in documents)
    then make a folder pr mod (well I do that to make it easy to maintain)
    then you downloade from his site (you have to unpack a file but it is easy and fast when you got the routine)

remember to back up your game before doing it... and to use what fits your patch level.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    qnoftheamazonqnoftheamazon Posts: 643 Member
    edited November 2012
    how do i install this onto my computer? ive never useed a mod before :oops: can somone tell me please
    thanks and happy simming

Here it is: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Install

Make sure to follow the directions exactly.