May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Never ordering from Amazon again

I am so annoyed. I pre-ordered seasons on amazon last month, paid extra for release day delivery, and even scheduled my week so I'd have free time to play. As it turns out, the game hasn't arrived. I'm never ordering from amazon again.

Comments

• Options
    funkyflowerfunkyflower Posts: 24
    edited November 2012
    Urgh- same here . I was so excited then i got home and nothing - So annoyed with Amazon :(
  • Options
    elizschelizsch Posts: 492 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Apparently a lot of others had same problem and of course Amazon will blame EA and EA will blame someone else and Origins will blame someone and your left holding the empty bag. Whatever happened to honest business practices!
  • Options
    honeybee1564honeybee1564 Posts: 415 New Member
    edited November 2012
    best place to go with is Game online. they do free delivery and send the game out on the tuesday which usually arrives thursday so you get to play a day earlier and if it missed the post that day you will def have it for release day
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited November 2012
    Have you tried calling customer service?

I do know you have to wait until the listing actually says "want this on release day". Did you order before it said that?

Amazon has never failed to get a game to me on release day. If I've ever had a problem with anything I bought I called them and they went out of their way to fix it.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    LittleVLittleV Posts: 8,565 Member
    edited November 2012
    In a case like this, it may just be the shipping company, although I would contact Amazon first.
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited November 2012
    I am in the same boat, went on live chat with Amazon they have refunded the extra i paid for first class delivery. They say it should arrive tomorrow.
  • Options
    JackVerhaegJackVerhaeg Posts: 317 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Thank you guys for all your suggestions - yes, I definitely selected release day delivery - I am so angry right now! I've decided to go out and buy a physical copy and return the game when it arrives from amazon. This way, I'll get it sooner, plus, I'll get my money back from amazon.

Next time, it's got to be game all the way!
  • Options
    Kat241989Kat241989 Posts: 395 Member
    edited November 2012
    Same here, just demanded a refund and the hubby is off to the shop to get it.
  • Options
    m1lkb0nem1lkb0ne Posts: 24 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm sorry to see that so many people had these problems. My experience with Amazon has always been very good.

Recently I ordered the Halo 4 Limited Edition Xbox 360 console from them, and it arrived on the release day. My preorder of the Seasons disc was originally scheduled to arrive on the 15th, but was actually in my mailbox on the 14th, though I haven't had time to even look at it until today.

You should contact customer service to let them know about this. They may be able to refund any extra fees you paid for release-date delivery, or might offer you some sort of goodwill credit for music, videos, &c.
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    edited November 2012
    Kat241989 wrote:
    Same here, just demanded a refund and the hubby is off to the shop to get it.

If only, but i have no game shops near me, and there were no copies left in Tescos so i will have have to wait for my Amazon order.
  • Options
    CraigGBCraigGB Posts: 10
    edited November 2012
    elizsch wrote:
    Apparently a lot of others had same problem and of course Amazon will blame EA and EA will blame someone else and Origins will blame someone and your left holding the empty bag. Whatever happened to honest business practices!

really I blame the royal mail, I think amazon dispatched most peoples yesterday using first class like they always do, in theory everyone should have got it today but I'm guessing due to it being closer to Christmas and just royal mail in general being slow that is why so many people have not got it yet (including me) :(
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited November 2012
    Wow....I've never had that kind of problem from Amazon before. I guess it was good luck I changed my mind and pre-ordered from Origin instead this time >.>
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited November 2012
    The exact same thing just happened to me. I'm furious, not to mention devastated. :(
  • Options
    m1lkb0nem1lkb0ne Posts: 24 New Member
    edited November 2012
    When I lived in London, I thought the Royal Mail was infinitely better than the US Postal Service.

In my case, Amazon uses Fedex Smartpost to deliver small items like game discs to the local post office, and the USPS handles delivery from the PO to the home. Larger items they usually send by UPS.

A couple of weeks ago there were delays caused by Superstorm Sandy and the subsequent Nor'easter, but I'd think that would be overwith by now.
  • Options
    darkraevendarkraeven Posts: 150 New Member
    edited November 2012
    .... Right you people are over reacting. i mean c'mon it royal mail you should be blaming. not amazon once there shipped it out there nothing there can do. once shiped. also take into account many things can happen during delivery.
  • Options
    obiwan5000obiwan5000 Posts: 125
    edited November 2012
    mine is not here yet!!!!! waaaa :[
  • Options
    wickedchris247wickedchris247 Posts: 604
    edited November 2012
    Preordered mine about a month ago and its not here on release date, just wondering if i can buy the limited edition from a shop or will it be normal? i can not wait for tommorow
  • Options
    BambibelleBambibelle Posts: 23 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Same here, pre-ordered from Amazon, using Prime (free trial) so it was guaranteed to come on release date....dispatched yesterday via Royal Mail & it hasn't arrived - gutted!!!!
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited November 2012
    Preordered mine about a month ago and its not here on release date, just wondering if i can buy the limited edition from a shop or will it be normal? i can not wait for tommorow

If you ordered about a month ago that's why you didn't get it on release day. I waited till the listing actually said "want it on release day" to order. That didn't show up till about a week or so before release. I ordered mine on Nov 6th and it arrived right on time.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JHBrownJHBrown Posts: 566 Member
    edited November 2012
    I'm a Prime customer and received my game 9:12am on release day. Love Amazon. We've spent over $10,000 with them since 2010. Excellent customer service!
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited November 2012

Never had this problem with amazon before so i'm convinced it's royal mails fault and no doubt they will blame christmas :(
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    SimarchangelSimarchangel Posts: 264 Member
    edited November 2012
    If you ordered about a month ago that's why you didn't get it on release day.

That's not really the case; I ordered my copy (on Amazon Prime) as soon as this ep was announced and mine didn't turn up today. It shipped yesterday just as it should have, and it should have arrived on time.

Basically, the issue is Royal Mail, who do not accept or acknowledge Amazon's guarantee - I have had this issue before and their position is that there is no such thing as guaranteed next-day delivery (when not recorded). And we're all here to prove that...
  • Options
    Cat0EyeCat0Eye Posts: 4,629 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I switched back to amazon for Seasons because EA did this same thing to me for Supernatural...I got it in the mail 3 days after release and had paid for shipping...amazon didnt charge me release day shipping and I got it on time. I am sorry some have not gotten there games but I would suggest contacting them, in my experance their customer service beats EAs with out question.
  • Options
    PixelRainbowPixelRainbow Posts: 865 Member
    edited November 2012
    I've had bad experience with amazon I prefer just going to tesco or somewhere on the day! When I pre ordered generations they told they would deliver a week after it was out; even though I paid for super deliver.
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    edited November 2012
    i was sooo excited all day, i was like, trying to contain myself from skippiung, running, jumping home since i made a lemon cheese cake in school, so i didnt want to ruin it but when i got in there was only 3 letters through the doors. now im trying soooo hard not to sulk in disappointment but it's not really working.