Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So the Greenhouse Venue is gettng released today? Hmm

I thought it was being released next week but I just read the sticky at the top of the page and it's tomorrow. I don't know what to think of this venue. Most likely I'll buy it but most of my sims don't garden. From the pictures it looks like it has a place ot eat.

Is this suppose to be a community lot?

Comments

• Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited November 2012
    All the venues they have released have been Community Lots. :wink:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,559 Member
    edited November 2012
    Today? Hmmmmm... I wonder what the price will be. Something shocking, I expect.

I'm looking forward to seeing the exact itemised content, I have a few gardening sims who would enjoy this stuff.

I wonder what size the Lot will be too. I hope they've done it on a 40x40 or smaller.
  • Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited November 2012

I'm looking forward to seeing the exact itemised content, I have a few gardening sims who would enjoy this stuff.

I wonder what size the Lot will be too. I hope they've done it on a 40x40 or smaller.

It looks like a 50x50 possibly and I think the price would be around 1900 Simpoints, maybe less if there is an early bird discount.
  • Options
    walkingstickwalkingstick Posts: 4,637 Member
    edited November 2012

I'll be at work when it comes out but I'm looking forward to seeing what items it comes with too. I mostly want it for the glass roof pieces though, as they look like intereting items to build with.
  • Options
    MellieMidgetMellieMidget Posts: 900 Member
    edited November 2012
    Link please.
    Zpj9msL.png
  • Options
    miklcmiklc Posts: 3,110 Member
    edited November 2012
    Link please.

Not sure exactly what your wanting a link to, if it's a link for the actual set well it isn't in the Store yet but should it get released today (which is more than likely) it will be released later on. I'm not sure where about in the world you are but here in the UK new store sets generally get released at 6PM making it about 10AM on the West Coast on the US (I think!) which is were the Sims team are.

Otherwise you can find SimGuruTaterTot's blog post about the upcoming venue here if that's what link your after, hoped that helps :)

(I meant 10AM not 10PM sorry!) :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited November 2012
    Really, today? :shock:

I'm not finacially prepared for this :lol:
  • Options
    reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited November 2012
    Tojax wrote:

I'm not financially prepared for this :lol:

Given the amount that they charge for content, being "financially prepared" is usually not really ever an option ;-).
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited November 2012
    I have a few sims who garden and this is perfect for them. Gardening is so fun that I actually wouldn't mind if they did do a farming EP since it would include new harvestables.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    ariane_terryariane_terry Posts: 688 New Member
    edited November 2012
    Tojax wrote:

I'm not finacially prepared for this :lol:

I hear you loud and clear on that one. We just got Seasons, can't they give us a break on releasing new items? I know we don't have to buy them when they come out, but the sale price makes it's so tempting.

Plus it seems like after a few recent missteps the store is heading back in the right direction again. Even though my wallet can't keep up with the releases, I can't wait to see what's next.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited November 2012
    reni401 wrote:
    Given the amount that they charge for content, being "financially prepared" is usually not really ever an option ;-).

:lol: So true.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,427 Member
    edited November 2012
    I wonder if you can harvest and tend pumpkins in the greenhouse.
  • Options
    kransperkransper Posts: 5,482 Member
    edited November 2012
    miklc wrote:
    Link please.

Not sure exactly what your wanting a link to, if it's a link for the actual set well it isn't in the Store yet but should it get released today (which is more than likely) it will be released later on. I'm not sure where about in the world you are but here in the UK new store sets generally get released at 6PM making it about 10PM on the West Coast on the US (I think!) which is were the Sims team are.

Otherwise you can find SimGuruTaterTot's blog post about the upcoming venue here if that's what link your after, hoped that helps :)

10am on west coast
  • Options
    BettySwolluxBettySwollux Posts: 300 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thats funny,

I'm back to look at seasons and see how the game is after some months.
    I was pushing for something simular to the greenhouse before I left, its a nice suprise to see we are actually getting something along those lines

More importantly, I am curious do we have some proper fez hats yet? :)
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited November 2012
    Well today makes sense after a fashion, since I doubt very many people will be at EA hq next week due to the holiday.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    kransper wrote:
    miklc wrote:
    Link please.

Not sure exactly what your wanting a link to, if it's a link for the actual set well it isn't in the Store yet but should it get released today (which is more than likely) it will be released later on. I'm not sure where about in the world you are but here in the UK new store sets generally get released at 6PM making it about 10PM on the West Coast on the US (I think!) which is were the Sims team are.

10am on west coast

Haha whoops that's what I meant not PM lol...big of a big difference there :lol: :P
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,427 Member
    edited November 2012
    Todays the third Thursday of the month.
  • Options
    SimGuruCopelandSimGuruCopeland Posts: 741 Member
    edited November 2012
    Thats funny,

I was pushing for something simular to the greenhouse before I left, its a nice suprise to see we are actually getting something along those lines

Fez's are cool. So are bow ties.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Thats funny,

Fez's are cool. So are bow ties.

Hey SimGuru!

Are you allowed to confirm for definite whether the greenhouse is being released today? :D
  • Options
    Dragon123561Dragon123561 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited November 2012
    It's being released today SimGuruTaterTot already confirmed it :mrgreen: Go read this sticky

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/609853.page
    OTBANNERhol_zpslahzogjc.png

• Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited November 2012
    i'm excited to see this set go up.

Part of me is desperately hoping that there's an additional set too that is for holiday decor.

We need a decor set ASAP. The previously released store items don't do the game justice. We need more decorations. Halloween is "okay"... Christmas is just awlful. Theres nothing but garland, a wreath, snowglobe, misletoe and the tree.

• Options
    MadGazMadGaz Posts: 124 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I'd also love some Mansion house style roofing and other bits (Like doors and grand windows etc).
    But.. this greenhouse looks brilliant! Is it out yet? lol

Gaz :)
  • Options
    janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited November 2012
    *does a happy dance*

glassroofsglassroofsglassroofsglassroofs...

jD001
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

• Options
    marinegirl36marinegirl36 Posts: 266 Member
    edited November 2012
    miklc wrote:
    Link please.

Okay so not sure what time it is there in the UK but I just wanted to make a correction on your US west coast time. I'm in the states on the east coast and new store releases usually get posted at about 10:00 AM PST. So here on the east coast it will be 1:00 PM (California is three hours behind us). So if it comes out around 6:00 PM where you are in the UK then you are five hours ahead of where I am so California would be eight hours behind your time. Hope this wasn't too confusing. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    miklc wrote:
    Link please.

Okay so not sure what time it is there in the UK but I just wanted to make a correction on your US west coast time. I'm in the states on the east coast and new store releases usually get posted at about 10:00 AM PST. So here on the east coast it will be 1:00 PM (California is three hours behind us). So if it comes out around 6:00 PM where you are in the UK then you are five hours ahead of where I am so California would be eight hours behind your time. Hope this wasn't too confusing. :)

Hey sorry I meant 10AM not 10PM I will go and alter my original post because someone brought it to my attention just before, thanks anyway though! I just couldn't remember whether California was 7 or 8 hours behind us with the Daylight Saving Time that was all ^_^