The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things We'd Like to See Added to the Game/Store

There are so many items that I wish were available in the game, but aren't and I'd like to see them added somehow.

This forum is for people to tell EA what THEY'D like to see added so that EA can put an update into the game that expands the items available.

Here's what I'd like to see:
1) Pianos - and possibly more instruments than just the guitar
2) Pets - I don't want kids; I'd rather have a dog.

So, start telling EA what you want to see!!!

Comments

• Options
    CorgwnArmadaCorgwnArmada Posts: 460 New Member
    edited August 2009
    • More build tools. Going from Sims 2 to Sims 3, we somehow lost awnings, foundation pole supported decks, and split level foundations.

• Curtains for ALL the windows available in the game. Some windows don't have anything to fit them.

(and I agree about the pianos... more musical instruments in general. Seems stupid to have aspirations of being a rock star and nothing to "rock" with.)

(edited to add... These are things I would like to see added to the game, not necessarily the store. I think the store is good for purchasing individual items, but a bulk of what I asked for really should have been in the base game to begin with. I think it's unfair to make us buy them when the base game already cost SO much more than it should have.)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    kwillagkwillag Posts: 277 Member
    edited August 2009
    They should put the Spiral Stairs back into the game too.
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited August 2009
    I want ALL of these things in an EP - NOT at the Store. Such goodies should be given to everyone and not require a specific download.

In fact I hope the Store never posts any content that require new animation [as the piano would].
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    edited August 2009
    Things I'd like to see added to the game in an EP instead of the store are...

1.) Aliens and Alien Abductions/Male Pregancy (with body meshes).
    2.) Spiral Staircases
    3.) Season/Weather

Things I'd like to see added to the game by the store are...

1.) More community objects so I can make a communiy lot like a dance club.
    2.) Curly hair for females
    3.) More hairstyles for men
  • Options
    CorgwnArmadaCorgwnArmada Posts: 460 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Schweighsr wrote:
    I want ALL of these things in an EP - NOT at the Store. Such goodies should be given to everyone and not require a specific download.

In fact I hope the Store never posts any content that require new animation [as the piano would].

I would love to see that EP... they could call it the "Things we hoped you would never notice was missing" Expansion.

:roll:
  • Options
    MarioSim05MarioSim05 Posts: 1,567 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Schweighsr wrote:

This!
  • Options
    SharkloverPlayerSharkloverPlayer Posts: 2,849 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hottubs,heartbeds,new hairstyles like curley hair for females,the high ponytail that came with the base sims 2 game for females,bath turbins for females we have housecoats why not bath turbins to go with them and bandana's.I'd also like a baseball cap with a ponytail for females.
  • Options
    vmoodswingvmoodswing Posts: 72 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I like most of the things mentioned but I would like to see most of them added via EP with variations added in the store. For instance, piano added via EP, baby grande piano added in the store. Pets added via EP, various extra doghouses, collars, doggie sweaters or cat toys in the store.

I would never want the store to replace the excitement of an expansion pack, but I like extra stuff being added.

More hair please. :)
  • Options
    arkhyelarkhyel Posts: 604 Member
    edited August 2009
    More hair!
  • Options
    melcelestial83melcelestial83 Posts: 112 Member
    edited August 2009
    Somehow I think that some of these are on the way, but here's what I'd like to see anyway :)

- More hair (or like someone suggested, add sliders to length or how coarse/curly the hair is)
    - more facial hair
    - pretty formal dresses (like in Celebration Stuff)
    - pets
    - weather/season
    - apartment life
    - An actual restaurant we can follow our sims into (non-rabbit hole)
    - the fun crazy creatures (aliens, robot helpers, vampires, werewolves, zombies, genies, plantsims, Sasquatch, witches, Claire the bear, el bandito, etc.)
    - Ability to play on beaches like in BV (build sandcastles, swim in the sea, get a tan, etc.)
    - Piano
  • Options
    NikkiSixxx15NikkiSixxx15 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited August 2009
    wow and none on the first page say cars, a cool ep would be a "motor rama" ep lol cars dirtbikes motorcycles skateboards skates fourwheelers n such...

also way more hair styles and clothing...
  • Options
    Pamlee7Pamlee7 Posts: 374 New Member
    edited August 2009
    A LOT of the things above would fall into the Expansion Pack catagory not the store - Seasons, Pets etc

For the Store I would love more:

CLUTTER - like new canisters for the kitchen (not with designs on them that do not change). Plain Vanilla canisters that we can recolor to match or modern kitchens and not just the colonial.
    Soap dish, toothbrush holder etc for the bathrooms.
    More books/magazines for tabletops or floor.
    Etc

Backless Shower - geesh I miss this University Shower!!

Curtains that actually FIT the windows! Please make them Plain (without the non-changable designs on them!)

Table with tablecloth or placemats that recolor to change the look/feel of the table.

Necklace option in Accessories.

One Tile Dresser!

MOST OF ALL = More pictures of the items in a room setting - so we can SEE what they look like Before we buy them!!!!! Show me the Size. Show me what we can recolor. Show me where they Fit. PLEASE EA PLEASE!
  • Options
    lizjordanuklizjordanuk Posts: 219 Member
    edited August 2009
    I agree with most of the above and would like to add wardrobes, what happened to wardrobes??? lol

Would love the option to have built in closets like we had with apartment life.
  • Options
    christingchristing Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2009
    New themed neighborhood "rabbit hole" buildings -- specifically a medieval theme, however, any _smaller_ buildings would do. Ideally smaller buildings in order to put more trees and landscaping around, to make the neighborhood look more quaint. The current mix of urban and small town could be improved vastly.
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    edited August 2009
    I want

-Spiral staircases
    -More instruments
    -A giant aquarium so I can view my pet sharks in all their big-sized glory, but stuffed in a pint-sized gold fish pool
    -Pool table
    -Pinball tables
    -Hot tubs!
  • Options
    reamorleyreamorley Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    more hair styles, more CARS, more SHOES! and more paintings!!! more appliances, and electronics!!!!

and im soooo looking forwares to more EPs... when is that gonna come out???
  • Options
    crazybadazycrazybadazy Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    -pianos
    -drums
    -pets
    -hot tubs
    -strollers for babies and toddlers
    -that thing from university that you put over the stove so when there is a fir it puts it out, it worked better than the fire alarm.
  • Options
    Tnttoni2Tnttoni2 Posts: 23 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Somehow I think that some of these are on the way, but here's what I'd like to see anyway :)

- More hair (or like someone suggested, add sliders to length or how coarse/curly the hair is)
    - more facial hair
    - pretty formal dresses (like in Celebration Stuff)
    - pets
    - weather/season
    - apartment life
    - An actual restaurant we can follow our sims into (non-rabbit hole)
    - the fun crazy creatures (aliens, robot helpers, vampires, werewolves, zombies, genies, plantsims, Sasquatch, witches, Claire the bear, el bandito, etc.)
    - Ability to play on beaches like in BV (build sandcastles, swim in the sea, get a tan, etc.)
    - Piano

Like Pets was in Sims2....I would like to see this in an EP and not the store. I also liked the University EP, maybe this time follow the sims to class, with professor career fields....
  • Options
    EAUK_AnthonyEAUK_Anthony Posts: 86 New Member
    edited August 2009

I'd like to see a few things:

-Instruments like the OP suggested. A piano would be very nice to have, as it's been in The Sims for a while.

-We need more hair in the Store

That's it for now, but if I thought longer about it, there'd be more.
  • Options
    Josephine2362Josephine2362 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2009
    piano
    wedding arch
    telescope
    more hair design esp for babies*
    luxury decoration items for home*
    jewelry/ accessories
    more baby decor items such as bedding, toys, potty trainers, high chairs
    more cars*

those are the thing i want to see in the sims shoppe stores..... i dont see them much in the game. :evil:

i want a Piano ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • Options
    lashlash Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I would love more hair options!!
    Pets and items for your pets..
    Seasons/Weather
    Baby and toddler items i.e. strollers, play pens, swings, bouncers (like in the Sims 2 store)
    Pianos
    Hot tubs
    The ability to swim in the ocean
    More cars, skateboards, or roller skates would be cool!
  • Options
    AldousCrodennAldousCrodenn Posts: 37 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Pets and items for your pets..
    Seasons/Weather
    Baby and toddler items i.e. strollers, play pens, swings, bouncers (like in the Sims 2 store)
    Pianos
    Hot tubs
    The ability to swim in the ocean
    skateboards, or roller skates would be cool!

TO be honest, I am not sure that anything like this will be added to the store until a base object is added in one of the expansion packs. I think this because well...all the items in the store are really just re-textures of already exsisting items that are in the game. It is like custom content that you have to pay for basically...if there is not a piano in the game already you cannot make a custom version of it..

The swimming, pets, and weather will not be in the store because they would require quite a bit of programming which would be something that they would put into an expansion pack or if they are feeling very generous, a patch.
  • Options
    GazzaGazza Posts: 31 Member
    edited August 2009
    I would like to see a rival store open - a bit of competition would drive those prices down - maybe we could get buy one get one free - or even some decent looking items
  • Options
    KagiyaKagiya Posts: 84 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Certainly more musical instruments. I would like to see spiral and curving stairs (some nice stone ones for an estate). Cultural clothes would be nice or period clothing (drool). Perhaps we could get some more free items that advertise a product (like done with prius, except maybe we could get some game consoles or clothing)
  • Options
    Jordyx78Jordyx78 Posts: 39 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm in the making of a german barracks but need bunk beds ummmm flags english, american, german ect. Ummmm some everday unifroms german officers unif guard english unis, ect plz add my ideas :DD