Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maternity wear

I see hundreds of items for every age in the store, but not 1 item for the pregnant ladies, why is this? Laziness? What gives? I don't get it

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2012
    Alot of the outfits were pregnancy enabled in the store stuff - but you need to have this clothing in your sims wardrobe before they are preggers in order to wear it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited August 2012
    MFAK wrote:
    I see hundreds of items for every age in the store, but not 1 item for the pregnant ladies, why is this? Laziness? What gives? I don't get it

A bunch are, they just aren't identified as such in the Store.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hardly.

There is barely anything in the store that is able to be worn while pregnant. We desperately need a (STYLISH!) maternity set, and something for the elders.
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hardly.

There is barely anything in the store that is able to be worn while pregnant. We desperately need a (STYLISH!) maternity set, and something for the elders.
    I agree! Though of course, every maternity outfit/top/bottom has to be available for non-pregnant sims too... You can't just have a piece of clothing that is ONLY available for pregnant sims in this game... :XD:

EDIT: They should make a set especialyl for sims who are expceting a child and sims who are expecting a grandchild... :P
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited August 2012
    I wish they would allow us to change their outfit while they're pregnant, I really don't see why they needed to have the option disabled
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    GrandmaSnoodleGrandmaSnoodle Posts: 397 Member
    edited August 2012
    They put a tab for work outfits why not one for maternity.

I wrote many post on Elder neglect. No one listens to us.
  • Options
    MFAKMFAK Posts: 485 Member
    edited August 2012
    A maternity collection, that would be great yes. Is it too much to ask for? And can anyone please give the names of some of these store items that are "pregnant friendly"?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    chenmn123 wrote:
    I agree! Though of course, every maternity outfit/top/bottom has to be available for non-pregnant sims too... You can't just have a piece of clothing that is ONLY available for pregnant sims in this game... :XD:

EDIT: They should make a set especialyl for sims who are expceting a child and sims who are expecting a grandchild... :P

All i'm asking for is some store items that are for pregnant sims, maternity wear, It doesn't matter to me if they can be worn by none pregnant sims or not, just that we need more options for when they are pregnant instead of a;ways seeing the short frilly skirt and a jogging suit top
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited August 2012
    How are we even supposed to be able to tell what is maternity wear? I've heard several people say you have to choose the outfit before your sim gets knocked up but exactly where is this maternity outfit stored at? My poor stupid sim always get stuck in what ever crap she spins into lol.
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited August 2012
    If you don't want to use mods and have Ambitions, go to the stylist when your sim is pregnant and the only things that will show are maternity clothes you have installed in your game. You will be able to design them and everything as if they were in CAS. Don't use CAS, it will hang your game.

I use Twallan's MasterController and the stylist feature is in there, so I don't have to go and when I am through with the changes, the sim's clothes are changed instantly after I make the selections.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    blewis823 wrote:
    If you don't want to use mods and have Ambitions, go to the stylist when your sim is pregnant and the only things that will show are maternity clothes you have installed in your game. You will be able to design them and everything as if they were in CAS. Don't use CAS, it will hang your game.

I use Twallan's MasterController and the stylist feature is in there, so I don't have to go and when I am through with the changes, the sim's clothes are changed instantly after I make the selections.

I have been using CAS with NRAAS and I would like to know what you mean by it will HANG your game?? What does that mean please?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2012
    I know there are a lot of pregnancy enabled clothes since Generations ep in particularly. All the adult and ya clothing in Generations is pregnancy enabled and in store set many of those that came out around when Generations did and since are also pregnancy enabled - base game did not have much though or the other eps up until Generations though. Someone over on modthesims is who mentioned all the Generations ep female clothing was pregnancy enabled. I also know in the Romanza wedding clothes, several of the wedding gowns is pregnancy enabled - but not sure which ones exactly or if all of them are. I have seen pics though of weddings where the bride is very preggers and I know these simmers don't use CC or mods. I do know except by using a stylist as BLewis said, you do have to add those outfits before the belly pops for sims to auto change into the clothing you want them to wear as far as everyday wear goes. I add 3 of each outfit and to get my sims to change into the different outfits I just click on them and get the change outfit thing and it lets me pick from the pregnancy enabled stuff in my sims inventory. Clicking on the dresser doesn't work except to change to night clothes or athletic wear.

I just make all my new brides a new wardrobe, so that way when they get preggers the pregnancy enabled things are already in their inventory. I try to pick things that look good whether or not they are preggers.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited August 2012
    MFAK wrote:
    blewis823 wrote:

I have been using CAS with NRAAS and I would like to know what you mean by it will HANG your game?? What does that mean please?

Do you use CAS on pregnant sims? I know some time ago using CAS on pregnant sims will hang the game, so when Ambitions came out Twallan added the stylist option to safely change pregnant sims clothes without going to CAS. It is just like going to the salon and visiting the stylist, without the travel. :)
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited August 2012
    Thank you so much!! BIG virtual hugs :lol: !! I use a lot of Twallans mods but never did the follow up on how to pick maternity clothing lol :-)
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited August 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    I know there are a lot of pregnancy enabled clothes since Generations ep in particularly.

Even that didn't add enough. We got what, two more tops, a skirt, a pair of pants and three full outfits? Whoop-de-freakin-do. :roll:
  • Options
    SophieElizabethAnnSophieElizabethAnn Posts: 616 Member
    edited August 2012
    blewis823 wrote:

I did not even know this in all my time of playing TS3. I didn't even. I just. I can't. How.

I'm so happy now. No more will my pregnant sims look mismatched and clashing, thank you! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    AMariseSAMariseS Posts: 2,458 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm confused. Every time I send my Sim to a stylist, the stylist chooses what the Sim wears, not me. Also, instead of all of these little tricks, it'd be nice to just be able to choose what the pregnant Sim can wear.
  • Options
    ChloeMcAChloeMcA Posts: 35 New Member
    edited August 2012
    There are other websites will maternity clothes such as this one http://www.poppysims.com/afmaternitypage1.html which also includes teen maternity and for changeing a pregnant sims maternity clothes you can use nraas mastercontoller found here http://nraas.wikispaces.com/MasterController

Happy Simming! :D
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    AMariseS wrote:
    I'm confused. Every time I send my Sim to a stylist, the stylist chooses what the Sim wears, not me. Also, instead of all of these little tricks, it'd be nice to just be able to choose what the pregnant Sim can wear.

The trick is to buy a styling station in your home, and then makeover yourself, its in the entertainment category under skills :)
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited September 2012
    We don´t have enough maternity clothes! I would love to see more. My sims are always pregnant :D. Maternity clothes can be very fashinable and stylish too. I want to have maternity tunics, dresses and we definetely need maternity sweaters for Seasons EP. Belly Bands with cute printings like small footprints would be so awesome!
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited September 2012
    I would love to see more maternity wear and premium content for babies and toddlers again. :) I'll buy.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2012
    What we really need is maternity wear as an catagory we can choose in cas for all females. I really hope EA adds a feature like this. :wink:
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited September 2012
    blewis823 wrote:
    If you don't want to use mods and have Ambitions, go to the stylist when your sim is pregnant and the only things that will show are maternity clothes you have installed in your game. You will be able to design them and everything as if they were in CAS.

Never knew this. Thanks so much.

Nice thread and thanks for the advice of buying the station to put in your home. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    They are constantly releasing new clothing sets, just make SOME of them pregnancy friendly, PLEASE!
  • Options
    genietwogenietwo Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2012
    Your pregnant Sims can still be stylish...all it takes is Twallan's MC Mod and a visit to that mod's "Stylist" plus your in-game color/texture palette.

Check out Morgana Wolff while pg:

Screenshot-34-Everyday.jpg

Screenshot-55-Everyday.jpg

Screenshot-45-Everyday.jpg

This outfit I copied from someone but it wasn't for a pg Sim. Thank you, Someone!
    Screenshot-51-Formal.jpg

Screenshot-53-Formal.jpg

Screenshot-40-Formal.jpg

All of these items are available to our Sims who are expecting. The rest is done with the User Interface easel where textures and colors live.