Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do YOU create unique sims?

Comments

• Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited August 2012
    Ooh, she's pretty. :) Love the makeup you use, too! Looks much more natural than what I have. :P

Aaaw, thanks....actually, all of her make up comes with the base game (or EP's)...only the lips are CC.
  • Options
    solar_midnitesolar_midnite Posts: 7,557 Member
    edited August 2012
    Ooh, she's pretty. :) Love the makeup you use, too! Looks much more natural than what I have. :P

Aaaw, thanks....actually, all of her make up comes with the base game (or EP's)...only the lips are CC.

o.O Really??
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Okay! Unique sim #1: Bree Noble.

Screenshot-92-2.jpg
  • Options
    MaulRat17MaulRat17 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Some very nice unique sims in here. I usually make characters from real life or video games or movies. It's harder when the character comes from a book though because you have to interpret what they look like. Sometimes that's fun though.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

o.O Really??

Yes...eyeshadow is from Late Night, eyeliner from World Adventures, blush is base game.

Bree is really pretty...I need to make more sims with violet eyes. :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    MaulRat17 wrote:
    Some very nice unique sims in here. I usually make characters from real life or video games or movies. It's harder when the character comes from a book though because you have to interpret what they look like. Sometimes that's fun though.

I've never tried making sims from book versions of characters because my mind can't come up with facial features based on a description like that. :XD: But if I could I might do it that way; it would definitely give different views on characters.
  • Options
    edited August 2012

o.O Really??

Yes...eyeshadow is from Late Night, eyeliner from World Adventures, blush is base game.

Bree is really pretty...I need to make more sims with violet eyes. :wink:

Dang.... Maybe I'm just not using the right colors then... :lol:

Thank you. :XD: She was actually randomized with those eyes. All I really tweaked of hers was her nose. And a tiny smidgen about her eye shape.
  • Options
    Dreamer32910Dreamer32910 Posts: 1,608
    edited August 2012
    Think of the personality of your sim, their style, their likes/dislikes, think of them as though they are a real person and match their looks to their personalities and styles. That's how I get mine to come out different.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Wait a minute... There's makeup from more than just Ambitions and WA?? O_O"

@Dreamer - I try that, but it usually never works. :XD: I get distracted easily, and then I'll come up with different ideas halfway through creating them. :P
  • Options
    edited August 2012

I have all EP's so I get things mixed up at times, but I am almost positive Late Night had a couple eyeshadows. :-)
  • Options
    caturaecaturae Posts: 2,244 Member
    edited August 2012
    Your unique sim no.1 is looking good. The only thing she is lacking is perhaps a bit of.. character..

I make all my sims, not based off of real life people, not all to be pretty but to fit a character. When I give a sim a personality it influences the way they look somehow.

I am one who of those who has a few things that all my sims share in common... but I'm never gonna give that up ;) I like the way my sims look and that's good enough and diverse enough for me even with my few slider habits.

Personally I like my sims to look different but also good looking. Maybe I find that easy because I have a broad spectrum of what is attractive, maybe I'm just easily pleased ;)

I can post some examples if anyone wants. Or some guy eye candy nehehe.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    caturae wrote:
    Your unique sim no.1 is looking good. The only thing she is lacking is perhaps a bit of.. character..

I make all my sims, not based off of real life people, not all to be pretty but to fit a character. When I give a sim a personality it influences the way they look somehow.

I am one who of those who has a few things that all my sims share in common... but I'm never gonna give that up ;) I like the way my sims look and that's good enough and diverse enough for me even with my few slider habits.

Personally I like my sims to look different but also good looking. Maybe I find that easy because I have a broad spectrum of what is attractive, maybe I'm just easily pleased ;)

I can post some examples if anyone wants. Or some guy eye candy nehehe.

What do you mean by character? Anything that could potentially be fixed? I'm just trying to get a few general sims down ATM, and then I'll do any final tweaking afterwards. And yes please, any and all pics would be welcome! ^_^ (I especially love guy eye candy. ;P)
  • Options
    EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    edited August 2012
    Wow, that's a lot of different facial features!

Indeed, Russia has the most diverse variety of looks IMO. Maybe besides the USA or Brazil. So, there is no shortage of inspiration. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012

I have all EP's so I get things mixed up at times, but I am almost positive Late Night had a couple eyeshadows. :-)

Did you have to unlock them? 'Cause unless I have some CC that's overriding them I'm not finding any LN eyeshadows. :?

@Eiszimmer - I see that. :D (BTW - Is Milla Jovovich Russian, d'you know? She's one of my favorite actresses but I'm not sure if she's Russian or Ukrainian. >_>)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Gah. I think I have too much CC in my game. It takes forever to load. :( But I can't get rid of them! ;-;

Too much Custom Content? No such thing. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Eiszimmer wrote:
    Gah. I think I have too much CC in my game. It takes forever to load. :( But I can't get rid of them! ;-;

There is when it takes CC Magic 8 minutes to rebuild, and another 20-30 to actually get from the intro to CAS. >_>
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    edited August 2012
    I normally start from looking in magazines to find a certain lip or eye shape and mix that up to get a certain look I want, It normally take me about 2 hours to get the face the way I want it to look or sometimes it take me a hour.

Screenshot-6-2.png
    Screenshot-10-2.jpg
    BetterPIctureSAMPNG.png
    Sims3SnowWhiteHeadShot.png
    new.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    misty4m wrote:
    I normally start from looking in magazines to find a certain lip or eye shape and mix that up to get a certain look I want, It normally take me about 2 hours to get the face I want or maybe a hour.

Screenshot-6-2.png
    Screenshot-10-2.jpg
    BetterPIctureSAMPNG.png
    Sims3SnowWhiteHeadShot.png

I never thought of looking in magazines. :XD:
  • Options
    edited August 2012

Did you have to unlock them? 'Cause unless I have some CC that's overriding them I'm not finding any LN eyeshadows. :?

@Eiszimmer - I see that. :D (BTW - Is Milla Jovovich Russian, d'you know? She's one of my favorite actresses but I'm not sure if she's Russian or Ukrainian. >_>)

Rather so Ukrainian as well as Montenegrin. :P
  • Options
    caturaecaturae Posts: 2,244 Member
    edited August 2012
    ^^ By character I mean personality. Your sim is pretty, but not in a way that she stands out, or that you could guess whether she was good/evil, mysterious, funny, shy/outgoing, etc.

And you asked for it, it shall be given :P

vv0vm.png"width=400"

0Screenshot-304.jpg"width=400"

Screenshot-503.jpg

I suppose what's important if you wanna make different looking sims is thinking outside the box - tweak sliders you wouldn't normally use, etc. Do you usually move 99% of the sliders?
  • Options
    Eden777Eden777 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited August 2012
    Eiszimmer wrote:
    There is when it takes CC Magic 8 minutes to rebuild, and another 20-30 to actually get from the intro to CAS. >_>

Combining package files helps cut down on load time.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Eiszimmer wrote:

I am on an ancient Mac and it doesn't take half that long. I actually had all my Sims3pack custom content stop working for a while earlier and I was horrified to see my beautiful Sim in that ugly soccer mom meets lawnmower haircut and clown make up when I spent so much time on her looks. :(
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    edited August 2012
    You can pick the magazines you like the most but I love looking at Elle magazine, InStyle, and also wedding magazines are great also.
    new.png
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    edited August 2012
    My sims are hardly gorgeous, but I like them to be less than perfect. Try not creating a perfect sim. I like to start with a randomized face, then I'll tweak a few sliders, a very few nearly to the extreme. At least it makes unique looking sims, but their charm will not come from their looks, but from their style/actions/interests etc.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    caturae wrote:
    ^^ By character I mean personality. Your sim is pretty, but not in a way that she stands out, or that you could guess whether she was good/evil, mysterious, funny, shy/outgoing, etc.

And you asked for it, it shall be given :P

IMG

IMG

IMG

I suppose what's important if you wanna make different looking sims is thinking outside the box - tweak sliders you wouldn't normally use, etc. Do you usually move 99% of the sliders?

Ah, I see. I'll try to work on that in a bit; working on sim #2 ATM. :)

Ooh, they're cute!! I especially like the guy in the second picture. ;P

Umm, not 99%, but maybe half to 75 I would think. I've never really paid attention before. :XD:

And CC Magic combines the package files for me, but I still probably have at least six of them. Maybe more.

@Eiszimmer - What's Montenegrin? O_o'' And yikes! That's terrible! :( I'd hate for that to happen to my babies. :(