Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do YOU create unique sims?

Comments

• Options
    solar_midnitesolar_midnite Posts: 7,557 Member
    edited August 2012
    Sim #5: Rhiannon Giles

Screenshot-99-3.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited August 2012
    Unfortunately there's only so much you can do to make a sim unique. Their faces will always be symmetrical and their skin will always be flawless.
  • Options
    EiszimmerEiszimmer Posts: 969 Member
    edited August 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:
    Unfortunately there's only so much you can do to make a sim unique. Their faces will always be symmetrical and their skin will always be flawless.

This. I am however flirting with the idea of making some sliders myself to remedy this. On this same topic, I do try to give Sims I pair up similar facial proportions at least as far as nose height, mouth height and whatnot go. Genetics can be a cruel dealer otherwise their facial features are usually vasty different, later on I will show some pictures of examples.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Eiszimmer wrote:
    Mikezumi wrote:

This. I am however flirting with the idea of making some sliders myself to remedy this. On this same topic, I do try to give Sims I pair up similar facial proportions at least as far as nose height, mouth height and whatnot go. Genetics can be a cruel dealer otherwise their facial features are usually vasty different, later on I will show some pictures of examples.
    Definitely - very important not to mix and match too drastically. Sometimes it works brilliantly ... others, not so much :shock: ;)
  • Options
    yoursharona34yoursharona34 Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited August 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:

That is a very good point. I don't create many Sims, mainly my Simself and legacy-related stuff, but my Simself will never be perfectly 'me' because I have a lazy eye, non-flawless skin, and I think both sides of my face are a little different. Darn my OCD tendencies - she'll never be right! :P
  • Options
    ecole44ecole44 Posts: 509 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:

tumblr_m93c3s21XT1rwfgm4o1_1280.jpg
    This is a sim I created yesterday and I love her eyebrows, because they are the only ones that I have that are not symmetrical and sort of give the allusion of her face being less symmetrical.
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited August 2012
    All my sims look the same. I cannot make their features unique.

I just made this sim about 2 minutes ago. She's very different to the way my sims normally look, but that's only thanks to a lot of custom content. Lol.

She now has a name, Autumn Clark. She's going to be my legacy founder. :)

7830908020_2706fd1e28_z.jpg
    7830929744_1b7018c753_z.jpg
  • Options
    jojodelpierojojodelpiero Posts: 777 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I've probably shown you this before, but this is pretty much what I do:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/318538.page

But I do tend to get into patterns with liking a certain nose, eyes, or what not xD.

That's a great idea! Thank you so much! :)
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited August 2012
    Wait a minute... There's makeup from more than just Ambitions and WA?? O_O"

I have all EP's so I get things mixed up at times, but I am almost positive Late Night had a couple eyeshadows. :-)

Did you have to unlock them? 'Cause unless I have some CC that's overriding them I'm not finding any LN eyeshadows. :?

No, I didn't need to unlock them. I only have 2 CC eyeshadows...so yeah, maybe yours are getting overrode? :?:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:
    Eiszimmer wrote:
    Mikezumi wrote:

Definitely - very important not to mix and match too drastically. Sometimes it works brilliantly ... others, not so much :shock: ;)

Exactly, I have a few couples on my game who barely have any resemblance but for the mouth and nose height. Otherwise their children would look like those heads on the Christmas Islands. :D
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited August 2012
    What a great thread! I knew I made a basic type over and over again but like many have said, it's really hard to break out of that mould.

For example, I don't have pictures, but my very pretty sim Glory went and got herself preggers with Twinbrook's Buddy Bailey. :shock: Very ugly sim, but I thought, no problem, I'll just deal with the kid and leave it alone and see how it grows up. :shock: Um, bad idea! Poor thing was so ugly I wanted to kill it with a stick...along the lines of freakish. :lol: There was no way that thing was going to reproduce...into CAS she went.

Herein lies my problem. So, I'm really going to try and use the random button when creating, as I've never done that before. I would like for my sims to have "character" and not be "just a pretty face." :D

Thanks for all the great ideas! :-)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    MJacksonistaMJacksonista Posts: 300 Member
    edited August 2012
    I'm trying to break out of that mold too.. so I've started creating average looking or sometimes 'ugly' sims. Especially since every other sim in the game varies in looks, so why not mine? Tbh I hate when they reproduce unattractive offspring lol but I play them just like that to keep the family tree interesting.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Here are some more or less unique and attractive Sims in my opinion (I made them all) and I started each by randomizing faces in CAS until I was inspired, though many are based off real life people I find to have intriguing looks.

iVPm3.jpg
    ZSmqZ.jpg
    JE56w.jpg
    14euF.jpg
    qR40f.jpg
    0bQDC.jpg
    AqTTU.jpg
    w2Q0b.jpg
    AuEyu.jpg
    JULdZ.jpg
    OOxgo.jpg
    JwBer.jpg
    H1WEJ.jpg
    00mRB.jpg
    yMuoH.jpg
    onCzh.jpg
    8HCp9.jpg
    eXy5I.jpg
    Sc5nK.jpg
    DR5kR.jpg
    y62H7.jpg
    wKXuV.jpg
    8ciqQ.jpg
    ddlhC.jpg
    A8vIw.jpg
  • Options
    MJacksonistaMJacksonista Posts: 300 Member
    edited August 2012
    Eiszimmer wrote:
    Here are some more or less unique and attractive Sims in my opinion (I made them all) and I started each by randomizing faces in CAS until I was inspired, though many are based off real life people I find to have intriguing looks.

iVPm3.jpg
    ZSmqZ.jpg
    JE56w.jpg
    14euF.jpg
    qR40f.jpg
    0bQDC.jpg
    AqTTU.jpg
    w2Q0b.jpg
    AuEyu.jpg
    JULdZ.jpg
    OOxgo.jpg
    JwBer.jpg
    H1WEJ.jpg
    00mRB.jpg
    yMuoH.jpg
    onCzh.jpg
    8HCp9.jpg
    eXy5I.jpg
    Sc5nK.jpg
    DR5kR.jpg
    y62H7.jpg
    wKXuV.jpg
    8ciqQ.jpg
    ddlhC.jpg
    A8vIw.jpg

And ironically they all look the same
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Eiszimmer wrote:

And ironically they all look the same

Oh no, I do it too. :D
  • Options
    StroganoffOfBeefStroganoffOfBeef Posts: 743 Member
    edited August 2012
    I typically google models and find someone attractive to use as an idea of what I want my Sims to look like, then I'll try my best to succeed. :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I must be very shallow ... although I see many unique looking sims in this thread that in their own right look lovely, I can't help but look at their individual features and imagine that their offspring will look any good.

ETA: Having said the above, I would imagine that playing these sims for one generation would be fun. Unfortunately I play a game for the long-term and the looks of future generations are important to me. *shamed by own shallowness* ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:
    I must be very shallow ... although I see many unique looking sims in this thread that in their own right look lovely, I can't help but look at their individual features and imagine that their offspring will look any good.

ETA: Having said the above, I would imagine that playing these sims for one generation would be fun. Unfortunately I play a game for the long-term and the looks of future generations are important to me. *shamed by own shallowness* ;)

Mikezumi, I can agree. It is to the point where I get anxiety when a Sim is pregnant wondering what the heck the kids will look like. I don't want to admit I am shallow, but I tend to base my Sims looks off people whom I find to be attractive. I am at the time working on some 'unique' Sims since mine tend to follow a pattern of sorts. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Eiszimmer wrote:
    Mikezumi wrote:

Mikezumi, I can agree. It is to the point where I get anxiety when a Sim is pregnant wondering what the heck the kids will look like. I don't want to admit I am shallow, but I tend to base my Sims looks off people whom I find to be attractive. I am at the time working on some 'unique' Sims since mine tend to follow a pattern of sorts. :D
    I don't make sims, instead I keep sims that are born in game and use them in future games or I use tweaked premades, but I have to admit I tend to always go for a similar look and I rarely fear for the outcome of my kids because there are no extreme features in my games. I never use middle of the slider sims, though. That would kill me!
    Here's an example of what I find attractive in male sims. He's a 4th gen born in game sim from my current game (from a household I don't control)
    sqqaug.jpg"width=640"

I have to admit in this game, because I started with Beau Merrick and Wogan Hemlock (tweaked heavily of course) as my main sims my sim kids do look different from my usual sims. Here is one of their daughters. Her face, nose and eye shape are more extreme than I would normally play.
    14908bk.jpg"width=640"
  • Options
    NeyaQueenofBaconNeyaQueenofBacon Posts: 341 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I think we all fall into the what is the ideal looking sim trap. ^^;; all of my guy's have the square chins and the ladies all have the small chins. ._. it is just what I think looks good. I better start making a cartoon type sim to break this habit.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Mikezumi, those Sims are attractive. :) I am experimenting by the way with some looks I never went for before. I rarely play with existing Sims sadly except for the Goth family and Thornton Wolff. :D Congrats on the Sims though.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    @Eiszimmer - The Goths and the Wolffs were the only premades I left in this town when I started my game. The male pictured is the descended from both the Goth and Wolff families as well as other sims that I placed in town from my bin. Thanks :D

ETA: I guess there were more premades because I started with Beau and Wogan and also Bronson Littler as I had started my game in Bridgeport then moved them to Sunset Valley when the first 2 kids were young.

Edit again: This girl is descended from Beau, Wogan and Bronson Littler. Excuse her angle as she was about to faint when I took the pic :D
    1zx8b4k.jpg"width=640"
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I think we all fall into the what is the ideal looking sim trap. ^^;; all of my guy's have the square chins and the ladies all have the small chins. ._. it is just what I think looks good. I better start making a cartoon type sim to break this habit.

Good luck! Yeah, I think we all do have our own ways of making Sims rather we admit to it or not. I am right now experimenting totally free hand in CAS. *crosses fingers*
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Mikezumi wrote:
    @Eiszimmer - The Goths and the Wolffs were the only premades I left in this town when I started my game. The male pictures is the descended from both the Goth and Wolff families as well as other sims that I placed in town from my bin. Thanks :D

No wonder they look good then. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Eiszimmer wrote:
    Mikezumi wrote:
    @Eiszimmer - The Goths and the Wolffs were the only premades I left in this town when I started my game. The male pictured is the descended from both the Goth and Wolff families as well as other sims that I placed in town from my bin. Thanks :D

No wonder they look good then. :D
    Thanks :D I was editing my last post when you posted this to say there were in fact a few more premades in my game than the Wolffs and Goths.