Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Update News from the Sims 3 Team

1131415161719...Next

Comments

• Options
    saturi2saturi2 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    "Babies will no longer be born to single parents."

What the heck is the point in this? It's unrealistic and stupid. Sounds like some conservative political correct bs to me. Care someone explain the idea of this? What if I WANT to play with a single parent?
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited August 2009
    Babies will no longer be born to single parents."

What the heck is the point in this? It's unrealistic and stupid. Sounds like some conservative political correct bs to me. Care someone explain the idea of this? What if I WANT to play with a single parent

I think that it means babies will no longer be spawned to single parents? It is suppose to fix that random baby showing up in households.
  • Options
    coolguy90731coolguy90731 Posts: 137 New Member
    edited August 2009
    saturi2 wrote:
    "Babies will no longer be born to single parents."

What the heck is the point in this? It's unrealistic and stupid. Sounds like some conservative political correct bs to me. Care someone explain the idea of this? What if I WANT to play with a single parent?

It has nothing to do with being politically correct. It has to do with babies spawning and having only ONE parent. As in being born to a single male and having no mother, or to a single female and having no father.

Basically, it prevents the cloning that was happening for most SP births.

It has nothing to do with single mothers or fathers. You can STILL HAVE SINGLE PARENTS! This has been stated many times in this thread already.
  • Options
    HayluuHayluu Posts: 217 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I can't believe what this patch did to my game! now my game crashes all the time, and I thought EA fixed it, and now I have to uninstall it =)

an advice to you EA: Please check your patches before releasing them to the world, we're not going anywhere, we will wait till you fix your dang patch.
  • Options
    RubyRed78291RubyRed78291 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey guys, so I am trying to install the patch 1.4.6, but when it opens up the installwizard or installshield or whatever its called, it says Update Error: No File Found. (or something like that). has anyone else run into this problem? or can someone explain why its not workin for me... thanks!

Just an idea. Do you have the game or any part of the game, like the launcher, open when you try to update? With the previous patch I had accidently clicked to open the launcher during the update and I got the same error. But when I updated again, and didn’t touch a thing, it worked just fine.

Well, when I open the launcher it prompts me to update, so I click ok. Then the launcher closes (i think) and it loads the installwizard thing, but it still gives me the error...is there a way to download the patch without going through the launcher?

I'm not sure if this is important, but my version that im on now is 1.2.7, but i see that there is a 1.3 and a 1.4? did i miss a patch somehow? ugggh...why must it be so complicated! :roll:
  • Options
    Uroica69Uroica69 Posts: 30 Member
    edited August 2009
    Hey guys, so I am trying to install the patch 1.4.6, but when it opens up the installwizard or installshield or whatever its called, it says Update Error: No File Found. (or something like that). has anyone else run into this problem? or can someone explain why its not workin for me... thanks!

Just an idea. Do you have the game or any part of the game, like the launcher, open when you try to update? With the previous patch I had accidently clicked to open the launcher during the update and I got the same error. But when I updated again, and didn’t touch a thing, it worked just fine.

Well, when I open the launcher it prompts me to update, so I click ok. Then the launcher closes (i think) and it loads the installwizard thing, but it still gives me the error...is there a way to download the patch without going through the launcher?

I'm not sure if this is important, but my version that im on now is 1.2.7, but i see that there is a 1.3 and a 1.4? did i miss a patch somehow? ugggh...why must it be so complicated! :roll:

If your game is currently working, then many here would advise that you not even try to install the patches - any of them.
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited August 2009

Do you have any mods installed? I’ve read somewhere that they cause issues and need to be uninstalled first. Just an idea.

And yes, there is a more recent patch as I’m on V. 1.4
  • Options
    RubyRed78291RubyRed78291 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009

Do you have any mods installed? I’ve read somewhere that they cause issues and need to be uninstalled first. Just an idea.

Nope, no mods for me...maybe i will email them directly. Thanks for your help though! :)
  • Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited August 2009

Nope, no mods for me...maybe i will email them directly. Thanks for your help though! :)

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help. I think contacting support is a good idea. : )
  • Options
    tourniquet776tourniquet776 Posts: 257 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Everything in the update is great except for the not being able to make babies with Mr. Grim part!

Maybe in future expansions, having the Grim Reaper as a baby daddy could be available, but instead of the kids having a chance of being all pitch black, they could have a chance for sunken eyes, grey-ish skin, whatever. (wow, that was a run-on sentence.)

Ooh! And they could have some hidden Reaper-related trait like Pyromania for the kids of firefighters!
  • Options
    sssuupppsssuuppp Posts: 7 New Member
    edited August 2009
    this update/patch/whatever was a FAIL.
    i'm so sad. i cant even play my game ...:'/
  • Options
    themaberfathemaberfa Posts: 57 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hmm I wonder why you guys are havin such a big problem with the patch, I installed it and everything is workin fine for me.

Weird.

I hope it gets sorted out for you guys though so we can all have happy simming :-)
  • Options
    Rin_tin_simRin_tin_sim Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    To all those who are having issues loading their game afte downloading the latest patch. I could get to the load screen where the loading bar starts coming across and about a quarter of the way through it would exit back to windows. No error message, nothing. I had to delete all of my custom content sotred in the 'mods' folder. And now my game is running smoothly, so far..... :lol:
  • Options
    suwisasuwisa Posts: 5 New Member
    edited September 2009
    When I download items or sims from game launcher, but items not show in game. My the sims 3 game launcher version 1.4.6.00001.
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited September 2009
    Who brought this back up?

The stuff listed here was fixed with a patch.
    You don't need to do the work around anymore.
  • Options
    DhezDhez Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I am getting really frustrated w/ this. I would be in the middle of the game and suddenly it would hung up! I have to restart the comp and start the game all over again. Any suggestions???