Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Update News from the Sims 3 Team

Comments

• Options
    CoffeeChick0CoffeeChick0 Posts: 2,294 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My stereo on lot will no longer play music, and I’m not even referring to custom music. I’m also suspicious about my toddlers who will not sleep when placed in cribs with low energy levels. They just sit and rock back and forth all night long. Something that started with new patch perhaps….. I’m not sure but I never had this problem before.
  • Options
    JiayiJiayi Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    babajayne wrote:
    I'm sorry you're having trouble, I only see one or two other people with that problem so far but I sure hope it's not going to spread. Is it just that family that's bugged or does it happen no matter what family you're playing?

Only one or two people? Try multiplying that by at least 20, and that's not taking into consideration those who don't post here to report it. Path finding issues is a MAJOR bug in the latest patch that NEEDS to be addressed. It completely hinders the flow of the game. It's a global bug - meaning it applies to any lot and any family. I've played multiple families and they've all had this issue. I couldn't even direct them straight to city hall to take a charisma class, instead I had to tell them to "go to" the area and then go up the stairs and ONLY THEN would they go inside the building for class. That's just redundant and time consuming.

Not only that, but my sims can't seem to find the trash compactor. The maid took some spoiled food from the fridge and a) couldn't "path" to the trash compactor and b) couldn't "path" to the trash can outside. So she just kept dropping it and picking it back up....for hours. I paid her $125 simoleons for that. I can't even play without the patch since my current save game won't load correctly without it.
  • Options
    weemanply109weemanply109 Posts: 119 Member
    edited July 2009
    Great Patch! EA = Awesomeness :D
  • Options
    RainyyRainyy Posts: 207 New Member
    edited August 2009
    The patch isn't working for me. When I install it it says: Error: Invalid File Found.

I tried without CC, did nothing. Sorry if someone has already posted this, I'm not up to reading all the pages.
  • Options
    OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Ummmm now my fast forward button isn't working AGAIN what happened?

And no I never had any mods whatsoever or any custom content except for the store when I spent the 1000 sim points I got with my game.
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited August 2009
    Finally got the game to load with new patch... delete all your mods.

Post edited by Unknown User on
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    lonestarlvnlonestarlvn Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2009
    webdznr wrote:
    Finally got the game to load with new patch... delete all your mods.

Lots of people including me don't have any mods and having problems after the 2nd patch. I even uninstalled and reinstalled...all clean and after downloading the patch..all evil broke out. LOL

I know one thing..I will not be buying any expansion packs for this game. This is terrible, more so than sims 1 or 2 ever was. Game almost unplayable at times, the lag is so bad. FPS down to 5 at times and then up to 100 for a moment or two. What's happening to us?
  • Options
    Pirategirl952Pirategirl952 Posts: 108 New Member
    edited August 2009
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS PATCH!! I am now un-afraid to play with story progression on. I haven't had any issues thus far, *knock on wood* except for a little bit of lag here and there, mostly when zooming on another lot. But after tweaking some graphics settings it's all better for the most part. Story progression seems to be working great, my families are staying put, married couples having babies..... All is well for me :)
  • Options
    blckbusterchicblckbusterchic Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My stereo on lot will no longer play music, and I’m not even referring to custom music. I’m also suspicious about my toddlers who will not sleep when placed in cribs with low energy levels. They just sit and rock back and forth all night long. Something that started with new patch perhaps….. I’m not sure but I never had this problem before.

I just had this problem with my toddler. The only thing is, I haven't downloaded the patch because so many people are having problems with it. I had to reset the toddler and everything went back to normal.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited August 2009
    Just wanted to report that I've installed the 1.3 patch. It downloaded and installed with no problem whatsoever. Afterwards, I rebooted by computer, fired up my game and it is running smooth, completely normal, not a glitch to be seen anywhere.

I tested the "path directory" problem people have been reporting. I'm having no problem with that either. I had a Sim wait outside their house, I clicked on an upstairs sink in the bathroom and told them to "wash hands." They immediately went inside, all the way upstairs, into the bathroom and washed their hands. I tested this several times with different Sims putting books away in the bookcase, etc. I had no issues. When two Sims were putting away books at the same time, one paused briefly, then went upstairs to use the other bookcase instead. I'm having no sound dropouts, jittery screen, or speed problems or anything other people have reported. When left to themselves, my Sims still bathe, feed themselves and go on to bed when they are tired. They are doing everything normal and fine.

So far so good. I'm still not happy about the loss of inventory items and the lack of music in CAS/Build/Buy and on stereos. Those two issues should have been the main focus of this patch. But other than that, everything is working smoothly, so obviously the patch worked on my computer as it was intended.

I feel for others who are having all the problems still or are having new problems. I don't know what to tell you as to why the patch worked on my computer and not on yours...*shrugs* I am only reporting what I have experienced. It is not meant to be a counter-productive post in anyway or to taunt anyone or tell them they need to fix their computers, or that EA messed up. Only stating this for the record.

Additionally, I have never used any mods, no custom content, I've never moved or deleted any game files. I have a completely vanilla untampered-with game. Don't know how crucial that is though. Again, all I'm saying is the patch works in my game. (And personally, I love the Story Progression changes---very happy with that. Thank you, EA.)
  • Options
    NatileeNatilee Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Single parents go no longer have babies? Im a single mother and that is offensive! is there a way to choose what part of the update i download or do i have to just not update at all?
  • Options
    MoonsKisuMoonsKisu Posts: 97 Member
    edited August 2009
    I've had no real issues with the patch. I do have a question though. Since installing it I've only played 2 families in my town. While playing one the other family didn't age a day (which is annoying because I liked to play other families while waiting for the babies to age). I have aging on, no mods installed, and this just happened after installing the patch. Has anyone else had this or am I just lucky? :(

Nevermind...I thought I had removed the awesome mod, I hadn't. That was the source of the no aging thing.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    JeffreyCorJeffreyCor Posts: 114 Member
    edited August 2009
    Prso wrote:
    Player created or controlled households are now "protected" and will no longer be removed through "Story Progression." Warning: Story Progression will no longer remove previously player controlled Sims. Users who take control of too many Sims in the same game may experience poor performance as the neighborhood can become over populated.

would it not be better to have a option for which sims are protected from being removed from the neighbourhood ?
    say you go in to a checklist of neighbourhood sims and you could check a box for the sims you want to stay that would be better than protecting previously controled charcters.

Exactly! I often split up families over generations. Kids move out, etc. I don't want the entire family tree protected just because I controled them at some time. This item I think was the worst decision they could have done for this patch.
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I just had this problem with my toddler. The only thing is, I haven't downloaded the patch because so many people are having problems with it. I had to reset the toddler and everything went back to normal.

Hum, thanks for the hint about resetting my toddlers. So if you have yet to download the patch maybe it was a glitch prior but one that I had never seen.

It’s no fun having a house of 3 toddlers who will not sleep. I have to cheat to make them all happy again. : )
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    JeffreyCor wrote:
    Prso wrote:
    Player created or controlled households are now "protected" and will no longer be removed through "Story Progression." Warning: Story Progression will no longer remove previously player controlled Sims. Users who take control of too many Sims in the same game may experience poor performance as the neighborhood can become over populated.

would it not be better to have a option for which sims are protected from being removed from the neighbourhood ?
    say you go in to a checklist of neighbourhood sims and you could check a box for the sims you want to stay that would be better than protecting previously controled charcters.

Exactly! I often split up families over generations. Kids move out, etc. I don't want the entire family tree protected just because I controled them at some time. This item I think was the worst decision they could have done for this patch.
    I also am undecided about the path that EA went to protect the families we play. It seems like we went so far in the opposite direction. A simple box to check off on each house would have been sufficient. : )

Not sure this new feature is of any help to me anyway because of being too scared to flip active households due to the inventory issues that were not addressed. Come on EA, have you ever given us a reason why the deletions of the inventory were applied to the game? Would it mean game lags due to memory of inventories in all households we played or something similar? I’m curious. : )

• Options
    creameggxxcreameggxx Posts: 345 New Member
    edited August 2009
    aarin wrote:
    STORY PROGRESSION
    • Fixes to Story Progression. Babies will no longer be born to single parents. Player created or controlled households are now "protected" and will no longer be removed through "Story Progression." Warning: Story Progression will no longer remove previously player controlled Sims. Users who take control of too many Sims in the same game may experience poor performance as the neighborhood can become over populated.

LAUNCHER
    • Deleted screenshots no longer remain listed in the launcher.
    • Medium-sized, high quality in-game videos can now be successfully uploaded via the launcher.
    • All dfc-gorilla (update installer) messages will now appear properly translated.
    • Canceling the installation of a queue of downloaded items now works properly.
    • Fixes some cases of objects being improperly assigned type in the launcher.
    • The Riverview download now displays the proper size for the entire duration of the download.

CAS
    • Switching between multiple saved outfits of the same type no longer has the potential to wipe out saved outfits.
    • Fixed a problem where the incorrect clothing was displayed on a Sim in the game launcher icon.
    • Fixed an error that occurred when deleting an outfit preset that a Sim was wearing.
    • Fix for a rare case in which a Sim could be teleported to an invalid location if the game was reloaded while they were "Changing Outfit."
    • Fixed a rare case where "Accept" would be unavailable in Create-A-Sim after undoing while accepting a Sim from "Play with Genetics."
    • Various premade Sims downloaded from the exchange are now sorting into the correct age catagory.
    • Replaced a duplicate hat style for elder females.

TRAITS
    • Reduced the urge for neat Sims to put away fire pits.
    • Kleptomaniac Sims can no longer return items currently being used by other Sims.
    • Fixes a rare case in which a blank thumbnail could appear in the family inventory after a Kleptomaniac Sim swiped something.
    • "Sabotage" interaction is now available under more conditions.
    • "Non-hydrophobic" Sims will no longer panic while swimming.

CAREERS
    • After getting promoted in a job with a night shift the Sim will only receive the day off if their next shift starts within 8 hours.
    • Changing jobs no longer fulfills the "Meet All Co-workers" Wish.
    • "Befriend All Co-workers" wish is no longer fulfilled by switching to a job with no coworkers.
    • "Quit Job" wish will now fulfill if Sim gets a new job and is forced to quit the old one.
    • The "Raid Criminals" interaction can now be properly resumed after saving and loading while it is in progress.
    • "Likes Work" moodlet is now properly removed if "Workaholic" trait is changed or removed.
    • Fixed a rare case where the police cruiser could be left in front of the police station.

SKILLS
    • Exporting and Sharing a Level 10 Gardener Sim properly maintains their special abilities.
    • Bait picker for fishing has been improved.
    • "Omni-Plant" opportunity has a higher chance of appearing.
    • Painting valued painting wishes are easier to fulfill.
    • Number of Books Read in the writing skill journal now counts number of books finished instead of the number of books started.
    • Harvestables on harvest ready plants will not get occasionally lost during import/export.
    • Opportunity to improve athletic skill will no longer appear when athletic skill is full.
    • A player is now able to complete the "Upgrade Audio Lite by LoFi" Wish.
    • Sheet music can no longer be chosen from the bookshelf interactions. This prevents a situation in which Sims could no longer learn particular songs.
    • Gardening skill gain no longer continues if gardening channel viewing is interrupted.
    • Sims can now use "Charming Introduction" on Sims invited over to a home lot.
    • Fixed a hang that could occur when moving away from a house with harvestable plants growing on it.
    • "Dance Together" and "Tutor Sim in Skill…" no longer appear on Sims at inappropriate times.
    • Sims now build relationship through the "Tutor" interaction.
    • "Spying on the Cuisine" opportunity can now be fulfilled by selecting to "Eat Outside" at the Bistro.
    • Guitar Skill level 10 text notification no longer mentions purchasing new songs from the bookstore.
    • Fixed a rare case where a Sim could start painting but the canvas was not visible.
    • "Upgrade Object" wish correctly filters out gates.

GHOSTS/GRIM REAPER
    • Playable ghost teens and children are now properly assigned to a school.
    • Sims can no longer interview non-playable ghosts.
    • Fixes a rare case where a revived ghost could become stuck in the science lab if a household was split.
    • The player can no longer delete a tombstone that is being used by a ghost.
    • Sims can no longer "Try for Baby" with the Grim Reaper.

CHILDREN/TODDLERS/BABIES
    • "Play with Toy" wish properly fulfills when a child Sim plays with the teddy bear.
    • Wish to "See Child Become a Genius" now auto cancels once it is no longer possible to fulfill.
    • Children Sims will no longer attempt to knock over blocks at the same time.
    • Fixed child animation when putting away the birthday cake.
    • Babies and Toddlers will no longer be left alone if the household is split up or merged through edit town, a babysitter will be called.
    • Toddler's body no longer deforms when "Watching TV" after "Learning to Talk."
    • Child Sims no longer deform after "Watching a Concert."
    • "Become Enemies with Child" wish no longer appears.
    • Prevented a case where toddlers were allowed to escape a lot and wander freely.
    • "Clean High Chair" wish properly fulfills.
    • A child that ages to a teen will no longer receive the wish to "Talk about New Job."
    • Eating specific prepared meals no longer has an impact on an unborn baby's gender.
    • Fixed a rare case where a toddler's teddy bear could get permanently stuck in their inventory.
    • A family with only a toddler is no longer allowed to be saved to the library.
    • Fix for children playing improper animations when trying to cook.

SOCIAL/BEHAVIOR
    • Under certain circumstances, Sims will now choose smarter lot entry locations.
    • Certain situations will now properly stop socialization and disallow asking other Sims to join.
    • The "Call Over" Interaction is now available on seated Sims.
    • Neighbors will no longer gather to watch a burglar that hasn't yet stolen anything.
    • Sims will no longer attempt to use laptops when they are ungreeted visitors.
    • "Play a Game with Sim" wish now fulfills from "Playing Foosball."
    • Sims will now get the "Witnessed Divorce" moodlet from watching other married Sims break up.
    • Sims will no longer occasionally fail to walk a path involving four or more flights of stairs.
    • Sims no longer have the rare chance of getting permanently stuck while socializing.
    • Non-player Sim autonomy now runs more quickly for Sims on screen and nearby (neighbors won't spend time standing in their front yards or not moving on community lots)
    • Sims will no longer get a wish to ask their husband to be their boyfriend.
    • "Woohoo" interaction now counts as a romantic interaction.
    • Parents will no longer wish to "See Sim Get Married" for their already married children.
    • Fixes a rare case in which a blank thumbnail could appear in the family inventory after a Sim had been kicked out.
    • Fixed a case where "Breakup with Sim" wasn't correctly fulfilling.
    • Prevented problematic routing behavior that occurs when replacing an object mid route.
    • "View" interaction will not be duplicated when placing objects on the "Nearly Perfect Pedestal."
    • Sims who run into obstacles placed directly in front of them, no longer get stuck.
    • Fixed a rare case in which a Sim remains on the wrong lot after moving.
    • Sims no longer fail to view decorative objects placed on a fireplace mantle.
    • Purchasing "SimLife Goggles" now fulfills the "Buy Video Game" wish.

TOWN/MAP
    • "Amateur Olympics" Opportunity notification now mentions event times.
    • The "Maywood Glen" community lot is now properly classified as a park.
    • Stocked ponds are properly preserved when shared.
    • Relationships are properly preserved when merging a newly created household into an existing household.
    • "Eat Food at Park" wish now fulfills properly.
    • Merge household bed and fridge requirements are no longer enforced on lots that are being abandoned.
    • Fish are no longer duplicated in the fridge when moving homes.
    • Fish no longer appear on dry ground of lots that have been coverted to residential lots.
    • Buildings will keep the appropriate lights when zooming in and out at nighttime.
    • Bulldozing a lot with collectable spawners no longer destroys the spawners.

BUILD/BUY MODE
    • Refreshing doors no longer causes them to lose their front door status.
    • "SimLife Goggles" are no longer duplicated after moving.
    • Custom paintings can now be properly placed above objects that are placed up against a wall and leave enough wall space.
    • Stairs are no longer allowed to be deleted while in use.
    • Lot pricing was corrected in edit town. The price of trees and bushes is now properly accounted for. Various community lot objects no longer provide negative value to a lot.
    • A selected object in buy or build mode now stays attached to the cursor as the player scrolls the camera with the direction keys.
    • Fences no longer occlude sound.
    • Terrain enclosed by walls and a roof is now properly lit.
    • Puddles will properly conform to uneven terrain.
    • Exposed floor tile edges have changed in color.
    • Fixed a problem where counters would occasionally turn black while selecting certain objects in build mode.
    • Fixed a rare instance where at map level the bulldozer tool could leave a blue hole in the ground.
    • Up arrow can now be used when placing a house from the library.
    • Fixed a problem where bulldozed lots were not being properly lit at map level.
    • Placing small objects on the front slot of the dresser will no longer block the dresser from being used.
    • Fix for misaligned water effects on a particular sink.
    • "Collection Helper" is properly displayed when picked up in buy mode.
    • Fixed a rare routing failure that could happen when attempting to route to an enclosed object on an inactive floor.
    • Roofing is now visible on low end Intel video cards.

TECHNICAL/MISC
    • Waterlillies now have a smoother level of detail transition when zooming the camera.
    • Game speed no longer affects the playback of audio stings.
    • NPC's automobiles are no longer purged from inventory.
    • Fixed a very slow memory leak triggered by the "Fertilize" interaction.
    • Fixed an error that occurred when removing the moodlet manager from the inventory of a Sim that was in the process of using the moodlet manager.
    • Deeds will now stack in the inventory and a "Collect All" interaction can be used on them.
    • Televisions no longer play video after they are burned or broken.
    • The Magic Gnome text notification now displays the proper icon.
    • The Sims 3 is now properly categorized as a game in the Windows Vista Games Explorer.
    • Fix for a case where rapidly clicking on Sim traits could crash the game.
    • Fixed a problem, where through specific timing, objects could become unusable if the game is saved while they are being placed in a Sim's inventory.
    • Fixed a rare case in which the skewer thumbnail of an NPC could disappear during a private wedding.
    • Prevented a game freeze that occurred when placing a lot while in "Cameraman Mode."
    • Camera memory hotkeys now properly remember floor level.
    • Sims no longer automatically exit the bathtub before receiving the “Bathe until Tranquil” moodlet.
    • Addressed an issue where distant audio could occasionally be heard while the player is focused on a Sim is inside their own home.
    • The option to "Adjust Tree Detail" now properly displays a "Restart Required" message.
    • A faint line is no longer visible on the heads of babies.
    • Fixed a rare case where the social worker's vehicle could be left behind on a lot.
    • Custom Music will no longer be assigned as a favorite randomly.
    • Fixed a minor error that occurred while loading a game where the dresser was in use.

WHATEVER
    • Korean GRB rating is now available to use in Windows Parental Controls.
    • The Sims 3 now supports more than 2000 concurrent save games.
    • Corrected various grammar and spelling mistakes.
    • Fix for a possible crash when disconnecting headphones during gameplay.
    • Adding support for the NVIDIA Ion.
    • ATI video driver's "Adaptive Aantialiasing" option conflicts with ingame "Edge Smoothing." The combination causes visual corruption. A note has been added to the readme encouraging players not to enable these two features at the same time.
    • Added support for the NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250.
    • Mac Only: Custom Content, Screenshots or video added to Documents/User/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/… while the game is running will now show up in the Launcher.
    • Mac Only: The Mac version of The Sims 3 now supports Shader Model 3.0 graphics features. (excluding the NVIDIA GeForce 7300GT and 7600GT cards)
    • Mac Only: The high lighting quality Sim shader has been enabled in Create-A-Sim.
    • Mac Only: Added a warning message upon attempting to delete a downloaded world (Riverview) that associated save files will be lost.
    • Mac Only: Enabled depth texture support (shadows) on all supported video cards.
    • Mac Only: The user interface is no longer improperly displayed in ingame reflections.

umm made it clearer i spose but why would u bother?
  • Options
    JesskahJesskah Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I finally got the chance to start the game up since installing the patch today, and it doesn't work. Crashes to the desktop. I don't have any mods installed.

Sigh. I wish there was a way to uninstall the patch without uninstalling the game. I was happy with the fixes, but my game was fine before. *stomps feet* I want my sims 3 back :(

And I want Grim babies! I don't understand why EA felt the need to get rid of this option, I have not seen one person complain about being able to have babies with Grim, so why fix it? I am so angry about this patch.
  • Options
    sims3sandrasims3sandra Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2009

Hum, thanks for the hint about resetting my toddlers. So if you have yet to download the patch maybe it was a glitch prior but one that I had never seen.

It’s no fun having a house of 3 toddlers who will not sleep. I have to cheat to make them all happy again. : )

How did you 'reset' the toddler??
  • Options
    sims3sandrasims3sandra Posts: 150 Member
    edited August 2009
    Jesskah wrote:
    I finally got the chance to start the game up since installing the patch today, and it doesn't work. Crashes to the desktop. I don't have any mods installed.

Sigh. I wish there was a way to uninstall the patch without uninstalling the game. I was happy with the fixes, but my game was fine before. *stomps feet* I want my sims 3 back :(

And I want Grim babies! I don't understand why EA felt the need to get rid of this option, I have not seen one person complain about being able to have babies with Grim, so why fix it? I am so angry about this patch.

I have had the same problem with the crashing -- sometimes it starts right up from the launcher, then other times, it takes three tries.... What is with that??? I have never had problems with it starting up before.....
  • Options
    aarinaarin Posts: 7,260 New Member
    edited August 2009
    creameggxx wrote:
    umm made it clearer i spose but why would u bother?

Because my eyes are old and I need line breaks and organisation.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited August 2009
    I am not having any of the pathfinding or jittery issues that other players have reported after updating with this new patch. The only glitch I've run into so far is that my active sim was in the park and pulled a bowl of canned soup from out of nowhere and ate it. He later had a microwave meal in his inventory without ever going to a fridge or using a microwave :?

Nothing major, just odd.
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    yannigeeyannigee Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I think the team should have kept allowing babies to be born to single parents, because there kept enough children in the neighborhood, now there is like 5 kids in the neighborhood and they're all in the same class. It sucks that siblings all have the same friends. Maybe it should have been made an option if you wanted spontaneous births or not.
  • Options
    edited August 2009

How did you 'reset' the toddler??

Typed resetSim (first name) (last name) in drop down bar you place the cheat codes in.
  • Options
    splaylesplayle Posts: 257 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm reinstalling my game as we speak to get rid of the patch. My game was working fine before and since I downloaded the patch (After removing all mods) I've had nothing but trouble. Today i had a sim go invisible and I couldn't control him at all. Then after school, all the teens stepped out the door and meshed into one person, and I couldn't control any of them. My child also disappeared. His thumbnail was there but he was nowhere to be found in the city. I give up. I'll just use community mods to fix the problems.
  • Options
    UserSam7823UserSam7823 Posts: 404 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I'm sooo happy about the changes!!! Especially the Story Progression changes!

One Problem: I can't install the patch! :!:
    I have automatic updates so when i go to the launcher it pops up and asks me if i want to update my game. i click ok, the pop-up and game launcher disapear, and that's it. I've tried it every-which-way i can think of and still nothing. :(

If anybody could help me out it would be much apriciated! :)