Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roomies: An Explanation

Comments

• Options
    CrystallineWolfCrystallineWolf Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2009
    Excellent. I have your email and will wait to hear from you!
  • Options
    ZzephyrSZZzephyrSZ Posts: 610 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Thank you very much CrystallineWolf. I'll send you the rough draft in a couple of days (it's getting there, it's getting there...).
  • Options
    Aly0320Aly0320 Posts: 133 New Member
    edited August 2009
    free bump!!
    lol - Im your biggest fan!!

hahah
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    :oops:I have fans??! :oops:

Thank you. Oh, the pressure... just kidding. I think it's amazing that so many people seem to like Roomies so far.

Speaking of which... I've spent long enough on here for the day. Back to writing!
  • Options
    GuillermoReymundoGuillermoReymundo Posts: 90 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Aly0320 wrote:
    free bump!!
    lol - Im your biggest fan!!

hahah

:-oLIES!

I'm her biggest fan 8)
  • Options
    andy95andy95 Posts: 100 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i bookmarked this a little while ago.
    i really liked the story.
    any idea how much longer til the next one.
    i'll be waiting.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    @GuilermoReymundo- LOL, thanks! :D :oops:
    andy95 wrote:
    i bookmarked this a little while ago.
    i really liked the story.
    any idea how much longer til the next one.
    i'll be waiting.

Thanks for bookmarking, I'm glad you liked it. *smiles*

The writing is just about done, picures take a few days, and typing it all out on here will take a day. I may actually be done before my two week timeline, but don't count on it.

_zephyr
  • Options
    malinda1malinda1 Posts: 325 New Member
    edited August 2009
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    malinda1 wrote:

Hmm... okay, it sounds interesting. But in the future, unless it has to do with Roomies, let's try to keep this thread on-topic, no advertising. I know you guys will understand.

Thank you very much. 8)

_zephyr
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    hey! i would love to read the draft before it hits the forums. if thats okay.. =)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Aly0320 wrote:
    hey! i would love to read the draft before it hits the forums. if thats okay.. =)

Hey Aly. :D Just to clarify, is this an offer to proof-read the rough draft, like what CristallineWolf said? If so, I accept; the more input I get, the better I can make the story.

If you just want to be the first to read it (and this applies to anybody), trust me, the edited draft will be far superior. The wait will be worth it (hopefully).

I'm almost done with the rough draft of chapter one (seriously, I have about ten more sentences), so I should be right on schedule. I hope you all enjoy chapter one when it arrives in a few days!

_zephyr
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ZzephyrSZ wrote:
    Aly0320 wrote:

Hey Aly. :D Just to clarify, is this an offer to proof-read the rough draft, like what CristallineWolf said? If so, I accept; the more input I get, the better I can make the story.

If you just want to be the first to read it (and this applies to anybody), trust me, the edited draft will be far superior. The wait will be worth it (hopefully).

I'm almost done with the rough draft of chapter one (seriously, I have about ten more sentences), so I should be right on schedule. I hope you all enjoy chapter one when it arrives in a few days!

_zephyr

i would be happy to proof-read. but if it isnt necessary then i can wait. =)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Aly0320 wrote:
    i would be happy to proof-read. but if it isnt necessary then i can wait. =)

Okay, great! It's really appreciated, but of course, you can still change your mind at any time. It's a little bit late for chapter one, but I can send you chapter two when I'm done with that (let's just concentrate on getting chapter one out for now, though).

If you have an e-mail that you'd like to recieve the rough draft at, please reply and let me know what it is, or if there's some other way you'd prefer, let me know what that is.

Thanks,
    _zephyr
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Just a heads-up, CrystallineWolf, I've sent you the rough draft and I wait on hearing your suggestions. :D
  • Options
    ShugaBabeShugaBabe Posts: 317 Member
    edited August 2009
    GuillermoReymuendo! I just have to say Im in love with your sim! He is hot! I would like to download him into my game, I have a saucy chica for him.thx
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    ShugaBabe wrote:
    GuillermoReymuendo! I just have to say Im in love with your sim! He is hot! I would like to download him into my game, I have a saucy chica for him.thx
    aww thanks!!
    ^.^
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Hey everyone!

At long last, I give you... Roomies: Chapter One!

And here it is: http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=86900

I am soo sorry for not getting it to you all quite on schedule. I have an excuse, though I do agree that excuses are pretty much generally lame. But I feel that I have to offer you something. I've been feeling so bad about not sticking to my deadline. :cry:

My game kept on crashing, simple as that. It got to the point to where I couldn't even load the Roomies game before I was brought right back to my desktop. After several days of frustration I was about to give up, before coming across an old thread on here that eventually helped me out, and allowed me to continue my work on Roomies.

Anywhoo. Once again, I'm really sorry, and I hope that the quality of Roomies: Chapter One makes up for the delay. I really worked hard on it, and with the help of CrystallineWolf for editing, I do believe that the series will only get better.

Yours,
    _zephyr
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited August 2009
    Wow. I'm loving this story!

I have nothing to add to any of the feedback so far. I'm too sleepy right now to read all of chapter 1, so I'll bookmark and read it tomorrow. I think your new way of announcing the POV switch is much easier to follow.

I love the subtle humor and the characterizations, and you have an enjoyable, easy to read, writing style.

Looking forward to the next chapter already!
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sue_D_Nim wrote:
    Wow. I'm loving this story!

I have nothing to add to any of the feedback so far. I'm too sleepy right now to read all of chapter 1, so I'll bookmark and read it tomorrow. I think your new way of announcing the POV switch is much easier to follow.

I love the subtle humor and the characterizations, and you have an enjoyable, easy to read, writing style.

Looking forward to the next chapter already!

Thank you so much Sue_D_Nim! :D

I'm glad that you picked up on the humor. I was worried that it might be too subtle for people to pick up on, but that's just how I write. I tend to go for sarcastic/ironic humor a lot of the time, and that's really hard for me to translate into writing.

Maybe you'll have some criticism for me when you're less sleepy. I look forward to any more concrit people may have. :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    *bumps*

Go check out the story, and give me a reply here when you're done. Go now, go! :D
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited August 2009
    Woot! I'm really into this story. It's a great read.

It's obvious you went to some trouble (and patience) to get just the right screenshots; the composition is really well done, and some of the poses you caught them in are just perfect.

I like the MoveObjects touches, like the table in the restaurant. And Blue Pines is beautiful.

Pretty cc clothes on Phil and Carmen, too.

Eagerly awaiting chapter 2.
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for replying (again)!

I'm so glad you like the story. I try to do my best.

One thing I can't take credit, for, is 'Blue Pines'. As I seriously stink at designing houses, I just downloaded and slightly tweaked a house I found on MTS. It's too bad that they don't allow us to link to modthesims here, but the original is called Pinochle Manor and was created by pereira, and can be found, once again, on Modthesims dot com.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    YAYYY

going to go read it..
    O.O
    107 pages.
    -faints-
    haha
    thought you was going to make it shorter?
    but its actually longer
    haha

no complaints tho-going to go read it! ^.^
  • Options
    CrystallineWolfCrystallineWolf Posts: 18 Member
    edited August 2009
    ZzephyrSZ wrote:
    Just a heads-up, CrystallineWolf, I've sent you the rough draft and I wait on hearing your suggestions. :D

Obviously, I did get the rough draft and sent you my reply a little while ago! It has been nice to actually see the pictures to go with the text, and I still loved it even after the editing process!

I just wanted to say that when you finish the next chapter, I'll be perfectly happy to read through it again.

~Crystal
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    YAYYY

going to go read it..
    O.O
    107 pages.
    -faints-
    haha
    thought you was going to make it shorter?
    but its actually longer
    haha

no complaints tho-going to go read it! ^.^

Where did I say I was going to make it shorter? 8) :wink:

But actually, I wasn't keeping track of the separate slides until I finished writing, and I did think that chapter one was actually shorter than the prologue, until I re-read and counted.

Let me know what you think once you're done reading!
    ZzephyrSZ wrote:

Obviously, I did get the rough draft and sent you my reply a little while ago! It has been nice to actually see the pictures to go with the text, and I still loved it even after the editing process!

I just wanted to say that when you finish the next chapter, I'll be perfectly happy to read through it again.

~Crystal

:D That would be great! I hope you can see that I did take your suggestions seriously; you did a really great job. :D