Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roomies: An Explanation

Comments

• Options
    MannysMommyMannysMommy Posts: 1,268 Member
    edited August 2009
    You are an excellent writer. I can really feel the words. Great Job. I didn't finish yet...it's 11:13 and my son is still up so...I've actually have been working on an actual novel but I have to SEE my character so I craft them in my Sims 3 on my laptop. Haven't found much time to write due to husband, child, house, and school.
    You have a wonderful talent and I am excited to read more. I left off meeting Carmen. Can't wait to read more. Until next time. xoxo
  • Options
    peaceloveleahpeaceloveleah Posts: 3,522 New Member
    edited August 2009
    :thumbup:

Love it. :)
  • Options
    ZzephyrSZZzephyrSZ Posts: 610 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You are an excellent writer. I can really feel the words. Great Job. I didn't finish yet...it's 11:13 and my son is still up so...I've actually have been working on an actual novel but I have to SEE my character so I craft them in my Sims 3 on my laptop. Haven't found much time to write due to husband, child, house, and school.
    You have a wonderful talent and I am excited to read more. I left off meeting Carmen. Can't wait to read more. Until next time. xoxo

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like Roomies and want to read more. :-)
    :thumbup:

Love it. :)

:D Thanks!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Fiona0000Fiona0000 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited September 2009
    are you going to write a second chapter?
  • Options
    silversarahsilversarah Posts: 1,540 New Member
    edited September 2009
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/99514.page i need help for sign ups plz help
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Fiona0000 wrote:
    are you going to write a second chapter?

Yes! Believe me, the Roomies story is only just beginning. I'm working on the second chapter right now, I should have it up soon (no timeline for this chapter, though).

Please, no off-topic or advertising in this thread. This thread is supposed to be about Roomies, and Roomies only. I'm not risking deletion.

Thank you!
    _zephyr
  • Options
    Kaka_FanKaka_Fan Posts: 750 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Awesome story series, ZzephyrSZ, very awesome story series! BTW, I found you out from FatDet32's thread on his(?) story series. (Diablo Beach.)

You do quite the job that FatDet32 does as far as making a great story with equally great characters. But as they say in Hollywood, leave 'em wanting more, and you left me wanting more.

You also did a great job with the quality of your screenshots. I didn't see any pics that looked like they were taken at 30,000 feet, and you actually put the walls up, and are mindful to keep headline effects and plumbbobs out of pictures! You also have very comely sims, too. :)

I gotta admit, I do have the ulterior motive of trying to seek out potential readers for the story series I'm looking to start, but I'm making it a note to read other people's stories so I can not only see what the norm is here on the TS3 exchange, but also, I hold the belief that we artists have to stick together. :wink: (I know I should have my story series on the exchange *BEFORE* I call myself an "artist," but I've kept it running since 2006 in the days of TS2!)

P. S. I hope this message comes out in the correct order. I haven't had much success with my messages appearing in-order these past few days! :evil:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Kaka_Fan wrote:
    Awesome story series, ZzephyrSZ, very awesome story series! BTW, I found you out from FatDet32's thread on his(?) story series. (Diablo Beach.)

You do quite the job that FatDet32 does as far as making a great story with equally great characters. But as they say in Hollywood, leave 'em wanting more, and you left me wanting more.

Hey! I noticed your reply to FatDet's thread. It was very well thought-out and helpful. :-) I'm glad you took the time to read 'Roomies'.
    Kaka_Fan wrote:
    You also did a great job with the quality of your screenshots. I didn't see any pics that looked like they were taken at 30,000 feet, and you actually put the walls up, and are mindful to keep headline effects and plumbbobs out of pictures! You also have very comely sims, too. :)

hideheadlineeffects on is one of my best friends now. :D I'm glad you think the pictures are all right; I really do my best, although I know I could definitely improve.
    Kaka_Fan wrote:
    I gotta admit, I do have the ulterior motive of trying to seek out potential readers for the story series I'm looking to start, but I'm making it a note to read other people's stories so I can not only see what the norm is here on the TS3 exchange, but also, I hold the belief that we artists have to stick together. :wink: (I know I should have my story series on the exchange *BEFORE* I call myself an "artist," but I've kept it running since 2006 in the days of TS2!)

P. S. I hope this message comes out in the correct order. I haven't had much success with my messages appearing in-order these past few days! :evil:

I love to hear from other writers! It's another viewpoint entirely from the people who just love to read, or happened to come across Roomies while they were bored (although I love all of those people, too!!). I would definitely read your story when you've got it out. There need to be more actual stories on here, and no, my definition of 'actual stories' does not, as a rule, include hastily typed out legacies.

Speaking of stories, back to work on mine. Thanks again and again for reading!
  • Options
    FatDet32FatDet32 Posts: 185 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Roomies FAN BUMP!!! :wink:
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Did I Mention I am a fan!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    FatDet32 wrote:
    Roomies FAN BUMP!!! :wink:

LOL FatDet. I'm working on Chapter 2 right now, but I'm still not done yet. :cry: I hate that I'm taking so long, but ... (insert your own excuses here. I hate making excuses).

The bumps are appreciated! :D
  • Options
    wilkolencewilkolence Posts: 45 New Member
    edited September 2009
    click on this if you like watchmen, star trek, or battlestar galactica.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=96775
  • Options
    typicalgeminitypicalgemini Posts: 11,295 Member
    edited September 2009
    very good :D

but I scrapped my story because it was a bit rubbish like you say
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    very good :D

but I scrapped my story because it was a bit rubbish like you say

Oh no! I'm so sorry if my comments came off as discouraging. I really didn't mean them to sound that way; I was just offering some advice that I thought you could use to make the story better. I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't think you had a fairly decent start. My biggest piece of advice, in case you decide to try again, with the same story or creating a different one, is to take your time and make an effort. People can tell if a writer really did their best on a story, or if it was thrown together in a couple of minutes.

I really do encourage you to keep on trying. :)

_zephyr
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    ZzephrSZ,

I just finished reading the prologue, all I can say is EPIC. I loved it!!! Aron's the the man, not because of the triplets but the heart when he described his group of friends.

But my favorite line was from Phili
    I realized we'd both jumped up and were facing each other like two warriors about to engage in a battle-- to the death.
    .When her and Adrien were getting ready to argue.

All your characters jumped off the page and became real to me. That's the sing of a great writer.

Keep it up!!!

I gotta read chap 1 now...
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    :oops: Thanks so much FatDet! I'm glad you're interested in the characters; I like Aaron and Phili quite a bit, myself (I like all of the roomies quite a bit, really; my favorites vary depending on who and what I'm writing about), and I hope that as I develope the characters further you'll feel the same way (assuming I can pull it off, of course).

To everyone:

I will have no computer access for the greater part of this weekend. That means that, unfortunately, Chapter 2 has hit yet another slight delay (it's had more than its fair share of delays already, I know). But take heart! Roomies: Chapter 2 will be coming to you some time next week. Cross my heart.

CrystallineWolf: I will e-mail you the rough draft as soon as I return from my computer-less purgatory.

Until Monday, everyone!
    _zephyr

edit: test
  • Options
    Kaka_FanKaka_Fan Posts: 750 New Member
    edited September 2009
    ZzephyrSZ wrote:
    I will have no computer access for the greater part of this weekend. That means that, unfortunately, Chapter 2 has hit yet another slight delay (it's had more than its fair share of delays already, I know). But take heart! Roomies: Chapter 2 will be coming to you some time next week. Cross my heart.

I fully identify with your situation, and I can wait... I don't suppose you live within driving range of me, and can loan out some of your Internet access to me and my thumb drive while you're not using it? :wink: (I have a lot of pics to upload, and cannot upload 'em from either home or my laptop.)
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hi ZzephyrSZ,

where have you been? How is Chapter 2 coming along?

We miss ya!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hey FatDet.

I think my internet's finally working again. I thought it'd only be for the weekend, but my <insert your own favorite censored word here> computer had different ideas and has been acting up all week long. Cross you're fingers it's all fixed now.

Chapter 2 is coming. And, unless I'm extremely unlucky as I have been for the last couple of weeks, it will never take me this long to come out with a chapter for you guys ever again. I'm sooo mad at myself for completely murdering the deadline I set myself like this.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hey ZzephyrSZ,
    I think my internet's finally working again. I thought it'd only be for the weekend, but my <insert your own favorite censored word here> computer had different ideas and has been acting up all week long. Cross you're fingers it's all fixed now.

Fingers Crossed! :wink:
    Chapter 2 is coming. And, unless I'm extremely unlucky as I have been for the last couple of weeks, it will never take me this long to come out with a chapter for you guys ever again. I'm sooo mad at myself for completely murduring the deadline I set myself like this.

It always work out that way. Speaking for the fans of Roomies we will wait paitiantly because we know you will deliver a quality story!!

Good Luck!!!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    :) :oops: Thank you, FatDet!
  • Options
    JabrizlJabrizl Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2009
    ZzephyrSZ,
    I read your story and I have been checking back daily to see if chapter two is out!!
    cant wait to read it!! oh and you should feel special due to the fact you are the first person i have written to on a forum.

you and FatDet32 are my FAVORITE writers you guys have the best stories in my opinion.
    well thats all for now.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    :D Thank you so much Jabrizl!

Chapter 2 will be out very soon.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

The process of picture-taking has begun. :D
  • Options