Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WEIRD SIMS3 FIND!

Comments

• Options
    JoeyRoweyJoeyRowey Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    nice .. the sad thing is someone makes a thought provoking remark and people just start trying to stop it by just saying its against the rules. meh people do annoy me
  • Options
    djonas63djonas63 Posts: 1,097 New Member
    edited July 2009
    IrishChick wrote:
    On the journalism career path you get the option to bin hoke to dig up dirt on people for your exposes.

I didn't know that and my sim :D is on the journalism path. I am heading for the garbage cans.
  • Options
    simjettsimjett Posts: 5,254 Member
    edited July 2009
    Zolt65 wrote:
    Valmino wrote:
    I just rummaged and found an american flag and constitution in a trash can. It was in front of a very very large white house. Who would throw such things away!

since you obviously haven't read the rules:

No Flaming. No Trolling.
    Flaming is intentionally posting hurtful, insulting, or harassing messages to others.
    Trolling is deliberately posting sarcastic, off topic, or rude remarks in order to incite a fight on the boards.

This is not the place to debate politics or religion.

:?

Debate Politics? But it's In The Game. Not that I think OP was trying to debate.

DebatePolly.jpg

or for full size pic
    http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii306/simjett/?action=view&current=PollyFull.jpg
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited July 2009
    I ve never found anything in the thrash and I even went to the mansions. But its fun to look and the sims who own the house dont seem to find it inappropriate.

Lately Ive found this tragicclown ghost has been walking through my yard.
    He never stops and I cant talk to him. I must have a portal on my propery
    like that movie where they kept saying to the ghosts GO INTO THE LIGHT GO INTO THE LIGHT. CarrieAnn Dont go into the light. Oh I know Poltergeist.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited July 2009
    Casil1 wrote:
    What is the trait you need to go through trash?

You don't even need a special trait to go through the trash just click on any trash (as long as the house is occupied) and it will have a rummage option.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    PlumbobettePlumbobette Posts: 64 New Member
    edited August 2009

Well, I don't know about traits (I'm fairly unadventurous when it comes to things like making klepto sims and stuff :oops: ), but if you really have a desire to get your sims to rummage through trash, then I think I can help.

So here's the deal. You've got your sim, right? Go get them a job in either the Journalism or Law Enforcement career. I think that you can rummage in the Journalism career right away to dig up juicy stories (maybe after 1 or 2 promotions? I don't remember). In the Law Enforcement career, I think you have to wait a bit longer. At least that's what I found...I haven't tried just clicking on any ol' trash can and going through it. :)

Hope this helped! Happy simming! :thumbup:
  • Options
    BoredguyBoredguy Posts: 842 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Casil1 wrote:
    you need to be in the law enforcement career, it has nothing to do with traits.
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    Boredguy wrote:
    Casil1 wrote:

All of my sims have been able to rummage regardless of career or traits.
  • Options
    BoredguyBoredguy Posts: 842 New Member
    edited August 2009
    debra1970p wrote:
    Boredguy wrote:
    Casil1 wrote:

wow. :shock: well um, that intersting... i thought u needed a career to to that...
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited August 2009
    Boredguy wrote:
    debra1970p wrote:
    Boredguy wrote:
    Casil1 wrote:

wow. :shock: well um, that intersting... i thought u needed a career to to that...

Rummaging comes in handy when you have a very poor legacy founder who lives next door to the Altos and Landgraabs. Their trashcans are full of treasure. :)
  • Options
    Subucni524Subucni524 Posts: 1,659 New Member
    edited August 2009
    simjett wrote:
    Debate Politics? But it's In The Game. Not that I think OP was trying to debate.
    DebatePolly.jpg

That really should shut them up. You made a fantastic point. :lol:
  • Options
    crazybadazycrazybadazy Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You're talking about in the game right?
  • Options
    NemamiahNemamiah Posts: 749 New Member
    edited August 2009
    debra1970p wrote:
    Boredguy wrote:
    debra1970p wrote:
    Boredguy wrote:
    Casil1 wrote:

Rummaging comes in handy when you have a very poor legacy founder who lives next door to the Altos and Landgraabs. Their trashcans are full of treasure. :)

Really? All I ever found was a rubber duck... the Altos and Landgraabs are cheap gits in my game...
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited August 2009
    I love to debate politics...it's one of my favorite things ever. But there's a difference between debating and arguing/fighting over it, and this is not the proper forum for political discussion.

I'm going to have to try a little dumpster diving, I think, just cause my Sims haven't done it yet.
  • Options
    nicelongsleepnicelongsleep Posts: 463 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Valmino wrote:
    I just rummaged and found an american flag and constitution in a trash can. It was in front of a very very large white house. Who would throw such things away!

You realise that your post has resulted in millions of innocent Sims being directed to go rummagining through everyone's trash over the last month in the hope of finding other such game designer in-joke goodies when they could have been down the park on at the beach having fun.

I intend to put this before the WSFPCS (World Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Sims) - shame on you! :wink:

(PS. Heard a rumour that occasionally you can find a gnome in the bins, but I'll believe that when I see it!)
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited August 2009
    Valmino wrote:

You realise that your post has resulted in millions of innocent Sims being directed to go rummagining through everyone's trash over the last month in the hope of finding other such game designer in-joke goodies when they could have been down the park on at the beach having fun.

I intend to put this before the WSFPCS (World Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty To Sims) - shame on you! :wink:

(PS. Heard a rumour that occasionally you can find a gnome in the bins, but I'll believe that when I see it!)

Just fan that fire, nicelongsleep. :P
  • Options
    Ronin2rxRonin2rx Posts: 682 New Member
    edited August 2009
    debra1970p wrote:
    My sim found his first laptop dumster diving, at the time he was eating all his meals sitting on the toilet because he was too poor to afford chairs. :lol:
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I love dumpster diving in the Sims 3, it's one of my favorite sim hobbies. Of course the main reason being that you don't actually have to experience the horrible smell, lol...
  • Options
    KeylimepieKeylimepie Posts: 1,078 New Member
    edited August 2009
    He found the constitution in the trash in front of the white house.

No body got that? D:
  • Options
    RetafRetaf Posts: 391 Member
    edited August 2009
    and to think that in Sims2 your first computer came as a welcome to the neighborhood gift.

Now you have to dumpster dive if you can't afford one rightaway.
  • Options
    Subucni524Subucni524 Posts: 1,659 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Keylimepie wrote:

No body got that? D:

Oh, I got it. I decided to put it in my pocket to keep for another day.

I thought it was funny. And true.
  • Options
    RetafRetaf Posts: 391 Member
    edited August 2009
    Keylimepie wrote:

No body got that? D:

I understood it...
  • Options
    sirona66sirona66 Posts: 5,196 Member
    edited August 2009
    I have gone thru alot of trash cans, lol, but to say this I have heard this one before another person found the same things. IT does make me wonder what exactly is in the game, to be found.. who knows I guess its a possiblity, but its not been in any of the past sims, but then again... like i said who knows, i do wish though that if you find this you could take a picture and show it, that would prove or disprove these items.
  • Options
    buddycheadbuddychead Posts: 2,223 Member
    edited August 2009
    Retaf wrote:
    Keylimepie wrote:

No body got that? D:

I understood it...
    I think most of us understood but some just didnt speak their minds!
  • Options
    Little_HaydenLittle_Hayden Posts: 171 New Member
    edited August 2009
    It seems a bit odd that EA would have them be American, anyway.
    Seeing as it is a game played world-wide?
    And they do not speak English, or any language, so as to not associate them WITH a country. (Also so that their audio doesn't just annoyingly repeat the same phrases)
    But then again, if they have countries like France, China and Egypt in the new expansion pack, they might as well have America.