Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one with a mod free game..?

Comments

• Options
    asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited June 2012
    I've not installed it yet but downloaded story pregression,expanded,extra and overwatch :) I'm just wondering what the mod is for getting rid of the celeb status' - the vamps I rarely see unless it's for the injections in the park but celebrities my God,lol.

From the Master Controller Cheats FAQ:

If you wish to remove the Celebrity Status from any number of sims simultaneously
    Click on the City Hall, and navigate the menu "NRaas \ Master Controller \ Sim \ Intermediate \ Celebrity Level"
    Filter by the type of sims you wish to change (or press Cancel to select all live sims in town)
    When prompted, enter "0", and then apply the change to all sims.
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thankyou! Funnily enough I read that and didn't think anything of it,duh :lol:
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited June 2012
    :P At least 4-5 have come over to the Twallan dark side. I can't live without his mods.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2012
    I've not installed it yet but downloaded story pregression,expanded,extra and overwatch :) I'm just wondering what the mod is for getting rid of the celeb status' - the vamps I rarely see unless it's for the injections in the park but celebrities my God,lol.
    If you already have celebrities in your town and want to fix that, you'll need to click on each one individually and choose Master Controller to remove their celebrity status. Same to return an existing vampire back to a regular Sim. To turn off the celebrity system, look under the Town Options in the Story Progression mod. Highlight the Allow Celebrity item and click the checkmark to toggle it from True to become False. Look under the Global Options in the Story Progression mod for the Occult item. I don't recall whether it's under Intermediate or Advanced. But once there, you'll be able to set the percentage of the town that is permitted to become occult creatures (a.k.a. vampires). By default, it's set to zero percent. In other words, it's already turned off. Make it a higher percentage if you want vampires in your town. Good luck!
    asterravos wrote:
    From the Master Controller Cheats FAQ:

If you wish to remove the Celebrity Status from any number of sims simultaneously
    Click on the City Hall, and navigate the menu "NRaas \ Master Controller \ Sim \ Intermediate \ Celebrity Level"
    Filter by the type of sims you wish to change (or press Cancel to select all live sims in town)
    When prompted, enter "0", and then apply the change to all sims.

I stand corrected. There is a way to remove the celebrity status en masse. I learned something today. Thanks!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Jamesmc2012Jamesmc2012 Posts: 1,264 New Member
    edited June 2012
    LOLitzme wrote:
    Scratch that. I've joined the Dark Side, I just installed Story Progression. It was actually quite easy, and I didn't blow anything up in the process :thumbup:

*Noms on cookies*

Huzzah! Welcome aboard the cool boat! 8)
  • Options
    SiminoidSiminoid Posts: 961 New Member
    edited June 2012
    You're definitely not the only one, but I know that I can't live without mine. I don't know how I survived without mods for 3 years! So yeah. I need Overwatch because it cleans up the town so well, Story Progression because it's so much better than EA's (finally, some babies!), and Master Controller just because it's fun to play around with. :P
  • Options
    NRaasNRaas Posts: 734 New Member
    edited June 2012
    asterravos wrote:
    The dark side has cookies, how could they resist. :wink:

Mmm... Coookies. :)
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I moved over to the dark side, because I was getting sick of those grey cars taking up all of the parking spaces in my worlds. :roll: Next thing you know, I was getting other mods too.

But really, the only mods I have are ones that make the game more playable.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited June 2012
    NRaas wrote:
    asterravos wrote:

Mmm... Coookies. :)

:lol:

• Options
    Cate_0014Cate_0014 Posts: 765 New Member
    edited June 2012
    i have a mod-less game and always have!
    I am tempted by mods but they seem like too much work
  • Options
    EternitysShadowEternitysShadow Posts: 1,194 Member
    edited June 2012
    asterravos wrote:
    Holzibell wrote:
    Yes it worked! Thanks so much asterravos for being so helpful, I wouldn't have been able to do this without you! Yay I'm so happy. Does anybody know where can I find links to Overwatch and Errortrap and SP? I think I'll start with them :)

You're welcome :mrgreen:

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/ErrorTrap
    http://nraas.wikispaces.com/StoryProgression
    (SP has lots of 'expansion packs' to it. I also have SP expanded and SP extra but all you need is SP)

I only quoted you asterravos because you just liked a post of mine on tumblr :o going to follow you!

Anyway I couldn't live without my mods. When I first reinstalled the sims 3 on my new computer, I thought about not having mods, but then I tried Twallan's mods and I was a changed woman immediately :lol: I can understand not wanting to use core mods like awesomemod? but overwatch saves....save files in the long run!
  • Options
    AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    edited June 2012
    asterravos wrote:
    There...there's cookies over there? But, but I love cookies! I'm just happy with my Overwatch and ErrorTrap mods...can I still have a cookie? PLEASE??? ^_^
    *has a realization*
    Wait a second, I already have mods so I'm already on the dark side. *grabs plate full of cookies and runs off* :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Katnip264Katnip264 Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2012
    Gah!!! All this posting about mods and the benefits and such is making me reconsider things and maybe, maybe I SHOULD try mods again. *looks around all paranoid from my TS2 experience* I'm being swayed by cookies and bright, shiny things!! Noooooooo!!! :lol:
    Simmer since the beginning. Anxiously awaiting Seasons. On Origin--> kitkatcny Happy Simming! B)
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have never had - and never will have - mods in my game. Am I alone? I don't want to risk crashing my computer, although some mods are very appealing, I never have downloaded them :) Am I alone on this one?

No, you are not the only one. I have never been interested in mods nor will I be. I do just fine without them. I don't like any 3rd party programs modifying the original game but that's just me.

I have nothing against them but I just don't want to use them.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    CatrillaCatrilla Posts: 1,708 Member
    edited June 2012
    mine is mod free only because i don't have a problem with the game as is. i have seen that some mods help to correct the programming errors we like to call glitches. i have seen that some will allow you to eliminate paparazzi and the plague of vampires. i have also seen the amusing stories of badly coded custom content.

modding is like eating out. go with trusted and reliable sources that have been tested (mod the sims) and research the results before you download. keep track of what it is and where you got it (word with links and pics) so you can eliminate it or get more of the same. if you share with others then it is nice to tell them where to get the stuff or just take it off when uploading.
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited June 2012
    tried downloading like overwatch and story progression and stuff but then my game wouldnt start so now i only have pose player
  • Options
    livvysandersxlivvysandersx Posts: 41
    edited June 2012
    I don't really know what mods are. :(
    I only use CC, what is this Story Progression mod people are on about?

I feel so out of it haha
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited June 2012
    nope have never had mods, not even with S1 or TS2, nor do I use cc ..... although I do miss being able to make my own outfits like I could with TS2.

the only mod that sometimes is tempting is the one for skin colors, but given how much I've invested into my sims over the years I'm good :)

although if you count the upload image changer and custard as mods well ..... I guess I'm no longer mod free :mrgreen: I really had missed being able to change my images on my uploads, and as to custard ... well I would like to be able to download a few select lots without worry of cc.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited June 2012
    although if you count the upload image changer and custard as mods well ..... I guess I'm no longer mod free :mrgreen: I really had missed being able to change my images on my uploads, and as to custard ... well I would like to be able to download a few select lots without worry of cc.
    Nope, they don't count. Those are utility programs that reside outside of the Sims 3 game. If they don't go into your Mods folder, they aren't mods. But they are very useful programs!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    When I initially responded to this thread I was all "Never gonna mod again cause of the TS2 disaster I experienced"...but then as the thread progressed I got more and more intrigued. I ended up caving...I am no longer mod free! :shock:

After a bit of research I was surprised at how easy it was to do and how much it cleaned it up the game. (I got errortrap and overwatch--holy cow there were a TON of cars to clean up! Why hasn't EA fixed that issue yet?!) I am now trying to figure out whether to get the story progression mods, or which ones. Anyways, point is, I too have been converted to the dark side, now where are the cookies?!
    Simmer since the beginning. Anxiously awaiting Seasons. On Origin--> kitkatcny Happy Simming! B)
  • Options
    SimFanAJSimFanAJ Posts: 2,755 Member
    edited June 2012
    I use quite a bit of cc, but no mods of any kind. At least not yet... :lol:
    1stsiggy_zpsa76c2175.png
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited June 2012
    I played without mods for the first two years. I was also mod-shy from TS2. But the game just got to the point where I couldn't play it. I've never had a problem with vampires over-running my towns (if anything, they don't spawn enough). But I had a HUGE issue with EA's Story Progression killing off babies and toddlers in my towns. Big or small towns, full or almost empty, it kept killing them off. My towns would stagnate. I play with genetics a lot and families and love to see the town evolve and change with my sims so playing with story progression disabled just wasn't an option.

I would get so frustrated! Finally, my husband, who is a computer tech/IT guy, got tired of always having to try to fix my games so I could play them. He is the one that convinced me to play with mods. I'm glad he did. There may be issues sometimes when a mod has to catch up with an update or expansion, but those small things are worth all the big things that the mods fix. I use Twallan's Story Progression and would hate to have to play without it. I probably wouldn't at this point, what would be the point? My towns just die.

I also love Overwatch and Error Trap and Master Controller by Twallan too. They have helped my game so much! I love having the options to disable memories so my towns don't get super-laggy from them, and a hundred other things I can tweak to make my games run better. I totally went from a die-hard I'll never use mods POV to one where I won't play without them now!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I played without mods for the first two years. I was also mod-shy from TS2. But the game just got to the point where I couldn't play it. I've never had a problem with vampires over-running my towns (if anything, they don't spawn enough). But I had a HUGE issue with EA's Story Progression killing off babies and toddlers in my towns. Big or small towns, full or almost empty, it kept killing them off. My towns would stagnate. I play with genetics a lot and families and love to see the town evolve and change with my sims so playing with story progression disabled just wasn't an option.

I would get so frustrated! Finally, my husband, who is a computer tech/IT guy, got tired of always having to try to fix my games so I could play them. He is the one that convinced me to play with mods. I'm glad he did. There may be issues sometimes when a mod has to catch up with an update or expansion, but those small things are worth all the big things that the mods fix. I use Twallan's Story Progression and would hate to have to play without it. I probably wouldn't at this point, what would be the point? My towns just die.

I also love Overwatch and Error Trap and Master Controller by Twallan too. They have helped my game so much! I love having the options to disable memories so my towns don't get super-laggy from them, and a hundred other things I can tweak to make my games run better. I totally went from a die-hard I'll never use mods POV to one where I won't play without them now!

Which story progression do you have? When I was looking at Nraas' site, there was a SP, Extra and expanded. I read through the differences but I'm still, well confused, about whether I get just SP, or all of them.
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited June 2012
    no mods here either
  • Options
    aimii23aimii23 Posts: 55
    edited June 2012
    I have a mod/cc free game, that stuff has just never appealed to me and I think the cc stuff looks awful. I don't want to spoil my game : //