Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one with a mod free game..?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    totu111totu111 Posts: 10
    edited June 2012
    Nope. You are not alone. I don't have mods and hardly any custom content! All I have is the base game, but I plan on getting Late Night, Generations, Showtime, and Supernatural when it comes out. :)
  • Options
    totu111totu111 Posts: 10
    edited June 2012
    aimii23 wrote:
    I have a mod/cc free game, that stuff has just never appealed to me and I think the cc stuff looks awful. I don't want to spoil my game : //

Same with me
  • Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited June 2012
    well i started using them since a ton of people said theyre so good and i like them
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited June 2012
    Katnip264 wrote:
    Which story progression do you have? When I was looking at Nraas' site, there was a SP, Extra and expanded. I read through the differences but I'm still, well confused, about whether I get just SP, or all of them.

I use Twallan's Story Progression (Nraas). Extra and Extended are add ons to Story Progression (like Late Night or Pets are add ons to the Sims 3).

I started out just using Story Progression only. Over time as I got more used to it and learned what it could and could not do, I went back and looked at Extended and Extra again. Since there were features in both of them I wanted, I downloaded both. I only put one in my game at a time though and play with it for awhile until I see how it acts in my game and if the features I thought I wanted do what I wanted them to do.

I also have MC, ET, and OW now too. I would really suggest reading over the FAQs and Interactions links at Nraas before you download any mod to make sure it is something you really want and would use.

I also ALWAYS read over the Issues links too before I download and install any mod. I want to know before hand what kinds of issues other players are having and if they are getting fixed. Some things may be known issues that (for whatever reason) just can't or won't be fixed. Then I have to decide whether the issue is something I can live with or not. An example for me is I can not have the deep fryer and ET in my game at the same time, they just will not play nice. But ET helps my game so much in other ways, I would rather not use the deep fryer then take ET out.

For me personally, the mods I use help me play smoother games, fixes errors already in the game, and help me salvage a save if something bad does happen (which is usually because of something I did wrong, honestly).

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    xXBruin_SlayerXxxXBruin_SlayerXx Posts: 1,570 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I have no idea how downloading and installing mods can crash your comp. Nraas mods are the easiest mods to install in games without mod support imo
  • Options
    extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited June 2012
    in a word : No. I love mods and was terrified to use them at first but now I can't even consider playing without them.
  • Options
    LegosonthefloorLegosonthefloor Posts: 220 Member
    edited June 2012
    Nope! I've downloaded some CC from time to time, but I'd just rather not put mods in my game. I can appreciate what some of the better ones have done for other Simmers, but they're just not for me. Kind of like how I won't use cheat codes unless I absolutely have to (like resetSim), they'd ruin the game for me.
  • Options
    AngelinArosebedAngelinArosebed Posts: 117
    edited June 2012
    No, you're not alone. I don't play with any mods or even any CC either. Only stuff I add to my game other than EPs is the occasional EA store content. I've thought about adding Twallan's story progression mod, but I read that it runs slower than EA's does and I don't really care to add any lag to my game. : /
  • Options
    Zachemc2Zachemc2 Posts: 1,817 New Member
    edited June 2012
    All I have is Master Controller, some hairs, Nraas Careers, and some Ron Paul merchandise I created.
  • Options
    EmmaBarbieEmmaBarbie Posts: 5,836 Member
    edited June 2012
    I have CC, I like the base game stuff but to me CC just looks better sometimes :P I have no mods installed and I probably never will. Well, I may get posers but I haven't really opened up the moveobjects on when it comes to actions with sims.
    You're too late.
  • Options
    ZoeyFredrikZoeyFredrik Posts: 485 New Member
    edited June 2012
    It took me a while, but I finally got mods for my game. I figured why not give it a try? Yes, I was worried it may mess up my game. But I followed the directions carefully and backed up my stuff. I am completely happy with my mods, and currently enjoying my game more than ever. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    JenZ4HeavenZJenZ4HeavenZ Posts: 631 Member
    edited June 2012
    the only mods I have are Porter and error catcher.. for crashes and error 12s. Though I think I have gotten this error 12 thing almost solved I cant help but think some of it is due to the error catcher. So I dunno if I should take it out or not.. and porter is for the times that the error catcher does not catch the error and I have to move my sims.. Though I have not gotten it to work successfully yet.. so I may take it out. If it wasn't for that error 12 I would not have any mods in my game either :(.
  • Options
    MariesaliasMariesalias Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited June 2012
    the only mods I have are Porter and error catcher.. for crashes and error 12s. Though I think I have gotten this error 12 thing almost solved I cant help but think some of it is due to the error catcher. So I dunno if I should take it out or not.. and porter is for the times that the error catcher does not catch the error and I have to move my sims.. Though I have not gotten it to work successfully yet.. so I may take it out. If it wasn't for that error 12 I would not have any mods in my game either :(.

You may want to take a look at Overwatch. My understanding is it can fix a lot of the errors that Error Trap finds.

In general I will say, although I do now use some mods, I do not use any CC (non-EA), except for some patterns. And even with those I am cautious as I have had bad ones cause issues with CAS.
  • Options
    Katnip264Katnip264 Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2012
    Katnip264 wrote:
    Which story progression do you have? When I was looking at Nraas' site, there was a SP, Extra and expanded. I read through the differences but I'm still, well confused, about whether I get just SP, or all of them.

I use Twallan's Story Progression (Nraas). Extra and Extended are add ons to Story Progression (like Late Night or Pets are add ons to the Sims 3).

I started out just using Story Progression only. Over time as I got more used to it and learned what it could and could not do, I went back and looked at Extended and Extra again. Since there were features in both of them I wanted, I downloaded both. I only put one in my game at a time though and play with it for awhile until I see how it acts in my game and if the features I thought I wanted do what I wanted them to do.

I also have MC, ET, and OW now too. I would really suggest reading over the FAQs and Interactions links at Nraas before you download any mod to make sure it is something you really want and would use.

I also ALWAYS read over the Issues links too before I download and install any mod. I want to know before hand what kinds of issues other players are having and if they are getting fixed. Some things may be known issues that (for whatever reason) just can't or won't be fixed. Then I have to decide whether the issue is something I can live with or not. An example for me is I can not have the deep fryer and ET in my game at the same time, they just will not play nice. But ET helps my game so much in other ways, I would rather not use the deep fryer then take ET out.

For me personally, the mods I use help me play smoother games, fixes errors already in the game, and help me salvage a save if something bad does happen (which is usually because of something I did wrong, honestly).

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the info! I have been reading up on the Nraas site over and over debating about getting SP. I really would like a bit of improvement from EA's story progression but I am going to do some more thinking about it. Right now, I am loving OW and ET, things are running much smoother and the one (I forget which one) clears out so many of those dumb cars that clog up everywhere! And it was easy once I read the directions on both the MTS and Nraas site) I had one hiccup where I accidentally installed the mod for Steam and not for the disk and had to go back and delete that, and then install the right one, which was a quick fix. I also turned off auto updates on the launcher so I would remember to take out the mod folder when the next update comes out. Knowing me I would forget!
    Simmer since the beginning. Anxiously awaiting Seasons. On Origin--> kitkatcny Happy Simming! B)